Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Preorder confusion. Follow

#1 Jul 25 2010 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
375 posts
Ok, So If i Preorder the collectors Edition for PC... I get not only an onion helm, Would look amazing on my Lalafell Lancer, but i get 8 days advanced play... yet the game wont be shipped till the 22nd....


So um... Anyone have ANY idea how one would access advanced play?
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#2 Jul 25 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
72 posts
The 22nd is 8 days early. What exactly is the problem?
#3 Jul 25 2010 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
The early access is getting to start on the 22nd, the normal edition doesn't ship until the 30th.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#4 Jul 25 2010 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
Yeah, like edhoo said...unless you're also worried about shipping issues on top of that, in which case you should pick it up at the store instead...
#5 Jul 25 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
375 posts
ah, alright thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that the 22nd was the release date for everyone. =) Thanks.

I stopped following XIV for a while because I decided I was not going to get it. But lets face facts here.... is anything better really going to be coming out?
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#6 Jul 25 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*
239 posts
The power of FFXIV compels you!
____________________________
Survivor of the Twinkling Treant - 2003
FFXI - Cerberus - 99 PUP, 75 BST-RDM-BLU
FFXIV - Besaid -> Balmung - 9/23/10

#7 Jul 25 2010 at 6:04 PM Rating: Good
**
370 posts
Reserve it at the store. Game stops are everywhere. Pick it up and start playing on the 22nd without having to pay and wait for shipping.
____________________________
Thaumaturge/Archer/Marauder
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1847776
Moogle Inc linkshell
http://www.moogleinc.com
Stand in front of me fool...I am a Thaumaturge
#8 Jul 25 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
Dorgon wrote:

The power of FFXIV compels you!



And I must obey, I cannot defy it! D=
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#9 Jul 25 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
42 posts
If you want to save money and still get it day one, don't pre-order at Gamestop.

Just pre-order it on Amazon with Release Date Shipping. Amazon doesn't tax in the majority of states, so you can get the CE for $74.99, and Release Date Shipping for $5.98, still making it less than what Gamestop would charge you with tax, and you'll get it delivered to your door on the 22nd!

If you've got a valid college e-mail address, to you can get the Release Date Delivery for free, too!

There's really no reason to go to Gamestop unless you really need to have the game first thing in the morning, at the expense of paying tax (and that's assuming Lamestop will even have them in stock by the time they open on the morning of the 22nd.) :P
#10 Jul 25 2010 at 7:19 PM Rating: Decent
*
96 posts
But Gamestop may do a midnight release which means you can potentially start playing 12 hours earlier depending on your UPS arrival time
#11 Jul 25 2010 at 8:43 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Kitoro wrote:
If you want to save money and still get it day one, don't pre-order at Gamestop.

Just pre-order it on Amazon with Release Date Shipping. Amazon doesn't tax in the majority of states, so you can get the CE for $74.99, and Release Date Shipping for $5.98, still making it less than what Gamestop would charge you with tax, and you'll get it delivered to your door on the 22nd!

If you've got a valid college e-mail address, to you can get the Release Date Delivery for free, too!

There's really no reason to go to Gamestop unless you really need to have the game first thing in the morning, at the expense of paying tax (and that's assuming Lamestop will even have them in stock by the time they open on the morning of the 22nd.) :P


Depends on your state's sales tax. MD Sales tax is 6%, which makes tax on $74.99 to be $4.50, which is less than $5.98. DE has 0% sales tax. So $5.98 is only cheaper than Gamestop if your state's sales tax is 8% or higher (of which, CA's 8.25% is the only state sales tax over 8%)

I'd much rather pay $4.50 and get it at midnight than pay $5.98 and get it "Whenever the UPS guy shows up" (around 1-4 PM, usually).

EDIT: Also, the "and that's assuming Lamestop will even have them in stock" point assumes that you'll actually get your delivery on the 22nd. It's possible Gamestop might get their delivery late. It's also possible you might get your delivery late. In fact, I'd say the latter is probably more likely, since UPS/FedEx/DHL tend to deliver to businesses first and residences second. If the driver is running late on his shift, a delivery to a home is far more likely to get put on hold till the next day than a delivery to a business, which usually arrive before 11:59 AM.

EDIT2: Also, retail stores usually get games delivered to them BEFORE the release date; GameStop will likely have their copies sitting in the back of the store 1-3 days before they are allowed to sell it. Amazon's delivery date of the 22nd means it will not arrive before the 22nd. It could arrive on the 23rd, or the 24th. If Gamestop is trying to release a game on the 22nd, they will likely have them in their back room on the 20th.

Edited, Jul 25th 2010 10:47pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#12 Jul 25 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
42 posts
Amazon only offers Release Date Delivery for certain games when they can guarantee it will, in fact, reach your house on or before the release date. They typically send said games out 1-2 days before release, and they always wind up at your door barring heavy storms or natural disasters that could impede a timely arrival, which is very, very rare.

Gamestop is honestly more likely to accidentally sell one's CE pre-order copy to a walk-in than UPS is to not get your copy to your door on release date. :P

I've ordered about 20 games so far with Release Date Delivery, and never have I gotten one of them past release date, and have gotten a few (such as Resident Evil 5 and GTA IV) the day before release!

Either method will work, but you don't have to worry about not getting your CE if you pre-order off Amazon, and they don't charge your card until the game ships, which is better than handing Gamestop an interest free loan-- I mean, "pre-order." ^_~
#13 Jul 25 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
Remind me why people are so frightened of Gamestop again? I order stuff from Amazon about as much as I walk into Gamestop. I've never had issues with either. In a case like with FFXIV, I went ahead and preordered at GS just for the fact mentioned above, the possibility of a midnight release (doubt it, but meh). That, and the fact UPS/FedEx delivers to businesses first, homes later. I worked at a GS by my house back in the day, saw the same UPS guy at work that day, and my house later when I got off (For COP coincidentally).

Point is, I'd rather bank on picking up my game between 12a-10a and start playing ASAP, rather than waiting by the door like a puppy til 7p wondering what I'm missing.
____________________________

FFXI - LordDVS <Bismarck> BLU75 DRK75 SAM75 BST75 PLD75


#14 Jul 25 2010 at 10:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
42 posts
Nothing's wrong with going brick and mortar for games, though I prefer Best Buy to Gamestop for their Reward Zone/Gamers Club program that gets me back hundreds a year in free gift cards for spending the same money I would at Gamestop, but either way, you can get your games from both just fine.

I'm just simply stating that Amazon is a great option if you want your game day one; many people just don't seem to be aware of Release Date Delivery, and I've even seen some people considering ordering it off of Gamestop.com and paying $10 for overnight shipping, and another $5 in tax, which just kills me when they could save $15 with the superior alternative. :P
#15 Jul 25 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Excellent
**
409 posts
I just like to say to everyone ******** about the delivery time:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

I won't even be awake at midnight, jesus tapdancing christ people, get some sleep and stop cracking out on a 12 freaking hour difference on a video game delivery. Seriously...

That being said, I usually don't even wake up til 9-10 am, so a 1-4pm delivery time gives me enough free time to you know, eat and shower and do normal, real life human stuff before I spend the next 3 weeks like a vegetable in front of my computer screen. (God help my family/friends/real life when XIV is released. The innocent shall suffer, big time!)

Also, despite the fact that it's still two months *glares at the calender menacingly* ...until the...release date...

*ahem* Despite that, I'm glad I have the next two months to smother my loved ones with affection and love and all sorts of horribly unbearable attention before I go all zombified on the 22nd. Hopefully by then they'll be so sick of me that they'll beg me to get on my computer and leave them alone. =p
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#16 Jul 25 2010 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
743 posts
Kitoro wrote:
Either method will work, but you don't have to worry about not getting your CE if you pre-order off Amazon, and they don't charge your card until the game ships, which is better than handing Gamestop an interest free loan-- I mean, "pre-order." ^_~


Yeah, cause Gamestop is making a fortune off the interest from my deposit! >.>
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#17 Jul 25 2010 at 10:37 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
Kitoro wrote:
Nothing's wrong with going brick and mortar for games, though I prefer Best Buy to Gamestop for their Reward Zone/Gamers Club program that gets me back hundreds a year in free gift cards for spending the same money I would at Gamestop, but either way, you can get your games from both just fine.

I'm just simply stating that Amazon is a great option if you want your game day one; many people just don't seem to be aware of Release Date Delivery, and I've even seen some people considering ordering it off of Gamestop.com and paying $10 for overnight shipping, and another $5 in tax, which just kills me when they could save $15 with the superior alternative. :P


Believe me, I feel you on that! My first reaction was to look up preorder info on amazon when I first read about the official news (I was on a computer already, it was the logical thing to do). I considered the convenience of having it delivered Day 1, but 5p is average time I see my packages from Amazon make it to my door. And I'm off work that day, so I may as well go full-geek and try to be first at my local store.
____________________________

FFXI - LordDVS <Bismarck> BLU75 DRK75 SAM75 BST75 PLD75


#18 Jul 26 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
I think my point was missed. What I was trying to say is that there is a small, rare chance that GameStop will not have your preorder. There is also a small, rare chance that Amazon's order will arrive late.

These are both small chances.

The differences, for me, are:

1) Sales tax costs less than Amazon's delivery fee.

2) Assuming everything works as it should, I can get my game from Gamestop at midnight (and yes, I will be there at midnight). I can get my game from Amazon whenever the UPS guy arrives. 12 hours is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I like midnight releases. Sometimes you meet cool people, sometimes you run into people you haven't seen in a while. Stop and grab some artery-clogging fast food from your 24-hour drive through of choice on the way home to much on. I'll probably be up till 8-9 AM or later playing it on launch day.

3) Assuming something screws up, I have a manager I can look at and talk to at Gamestop. If Amazon screws up, I get a chat window. Also, on the off chance that my disks don't work, I can run back to Gamestop the same day and exchange my copy for a working one. On the off chance that my disks don't work, I can contact Amazon's live chat, probably have to pay a restocking fee after getting past the "Sorry, no returns on PC games" line, pay to ship it back to them, wait for a new copy to get to me. I can ship it back and will get a replacement copy overnighted and simulshipped at no charge. (Another poster corrected me on Amazon's return/exchange policy; two posts below this one)

Let people order from wherever they want, but for me, a brick and mortar location and getting the game at midnight is more important to me for getting a product I want than having it shipped and waiting up for the delivery guy while everyone else is exploring Eorzea.

Edited, Jul 27th 2010 3:12pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#19 Jul 26 2010 at 12:57 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
I like that ya bring up the fast food stop...that's like a ritual for me. BK dollar menu for midnight, chik-fil-a for the 10am(They got spicy chicken sandwhiches now too, delicious) New game + fast food = happiness
#20 Jul 27 2010 at 12:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
42 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
3) Assuming something screws up, I have a manager I can look at and talk to at Gamestop. If Amazon screws up, I get a chat window. Also, on the off chance that my disks don't work, I can run back to Gamestop the same day and exchange my copy for a working one. On the off chance that my disks don't work, I can contact Amazon's live chat, probably have to pay a restocking fee after getting past the "Sorry, no returns on PC games" line, pay to ship it back to them, wait for a new copy to get to me.


Just so you know, for future reference, Amazon's returns don't work anything like that. You're in for a treat. :P

No matter what you order off of the site, it's returnable for a full refund or exchange, and they pay return shipping, if defective. No matter if its a PC game, HDTV, computer, or food item, they've got your shipping covered.

What's even better is that if you request an exchange rather than a refund, they will overnight a new copy of the item to you before you even ship yours back. They give you a pre-paid USPS/UPS shipping label to affix to the box, and you simply seal it up, slap/tape the label on, and drop it off. As soon as they receive the item, they process your refund. You never have to pay a cent in the process! ^_^b

You don't even need to talk to anyone to initiate a return/exchange, either. You simply click Return this Item, choose from return or exchange, and boom, you're set to go! Hope this helps ease any concerns about shopping with them in the future!
#21 Jul 27 2010 at 6:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
122 posts
with Amazon, isn't there a chance of getting it early? I preordered my copy of WOW:TBC from them and it got delivered 2 days before release.
#22 Jul 27 2010 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
I'm sure there's a possibility with amazon to get the game early, but I doubt SE will have the servers live before 12AM on the 22nd anyways (at least for the retail game). So even if you do get it early, in all likelihood you won't be able to play until the 22nd. (Assuming you ordered the CE, if you ordered the regular game you may be able to get it 1 or 2 days early and still be able to play, but then again SE might have put something in the registration codes that makes it impossible to activate a regular account before the 30th too.)
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#23 Jul 27 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
291 posts
Kitoro wrote:
Nothing's wrong with going brick and mortar for games, though I prefer Best Buy to Gamestop for their Reward Zone/Gamers Club program that gets me back hundreds a year in free gift cards for spending the same money I would at Gamestop, but either way, you can get your games from both just fine.

I'm just simply stating that Amazon is a great option if you want your game day one; many people just don't seem to be aware of Release Date Delivery, and I've even seen some people considering ordering it off of Gamestop.com and paying $10 for overnight shipping, and another $5 in tax, which just kills me when they could save $15 with the superior alternative. :P


Best Buy is the worst in terms of preorder. I preordered my WoW TBC expansion from them, they said gaurantee shipped to my door on release date or else a full refund, but end up I didn't see the UPS show up at my door on the release date. So I called Best Buy and they said they'll ship it to me for free the next day...so I end up had my preorder cancelled, walked in a local gamestop and picked up a copy from them. That's the first and also the last time I preorder any games from Best Buy.
#24 Jul 27 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Good
**
562 posts
Quote:
(God help my family/friends/real life when XIV is released. The innocent shall suffer, big time!)

Also, despite the fact that it's still two months *glares at the calender menacingly* ...until the...release date...



At least it's only sept for you..... **grumble grumble** stupid PS3 delay **grumble grumble**


I wonder if they'll have the warning to not ignore real life like they did in FFXI. I almost choked when I saw that the first time, and I never got tired of showing that to someone new when they stopped by my house. They would always get a kick out of it too.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#25 Jul 27 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Kitoro wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
3) Assuming something screws up, I have a manager I can look at and talk to at Gamestop. If Amazon screws up, I get a chat window. Also, on the off chance that my disks don't work, I can run back to Gamestop the same day and exchange my copy for a working one. On the off chance that my disks don't work, I can contact Amazon's live chat, probably have to pay a restocking fee after getting past the "Sorry, no returns on PC games" line, pay to ship it back to them, wait for a new copy to get to me.


Just so you know, for future reference, Amazon's returns don't work anything like that. You're in for a treat. :P

No matter what you order off of the site, it's returnable for a full refund or exchange, and they pay return shipping, if defective. No matter if its a PC game, HDTV, computer, or food item, they've got your shipping covered.

What's even better is that if you request an exchange rather than a refund, they will overnight a new copy of the item to you before you even ship yours back. They give you a pre-paid USPS/UPS shipping label to affix to the box, and you simply seal it up, slap/tape the label on, and drop it off. As soon as they receive the item, they process your refund. You never have to pay a cent in the process! ^_^b

You don't even need to talk to anyone to initiate a return/exchange, either. You simply click Return this Item, choose from return or exchange, and boom, you're set to go! Hope this helps ease any concerns about shopping with them in the future!


-Really-?

That's not only surprising, but also impressive. I rescind that portion of my comment. I'd still prefer to buy instore for the midnight release, but that's still rather impressive.

And actually, the more I think about it, the fewer people who buy it at GameStop, that means fewer people trying to connect at 12:15 AM EST.

EVERYONE GO PREORDER ONLINE INSTEAD! >.>

dunlag wrote:
Kitoro wrote:
Nothing's wrong with going brick and mortar for games, though I prefer Best Buy to Gamestop for their Reward Zone/Gamers Club program that gets me back hundreds a year in free gift cards for spending the same money I would at Gamestop, but either way, you can get your games from both just fine.

I'm just simply stating that Amazon is a great option if you want your game day one; many people just don't seem to be aware of Release Date Delivery, and I've even seen some people considering ordering it off of Gamestop.com and paying $10 for overnight shipping, and another $5 in tax, which just kills me when they could save $15 with the superior alternative. :P


Best Buy is the worst in terms of preorder. I preordered my WoW TBC expansion from them, they said gaurantee shipped to my door on release date or else a full refund, but end up I didn't see the UPS show up at my door on the release date. So I called Best Buy and they said they'll ship it to me for free the next day...so I end up had my preorder cancelled, walked in a local gamestop and picked up a copy from them. That's the first and also the last time I preorder any games from Best Buy.


**** dude, that sucks. Although "Guaranteed delivery or a full refund" is a ****** policy. Should be "Guaranteed delivery or we knock off part of the price". I'll grant you that a refund is better than "tough ******** sucks to be you" in terms of customer service, but "We didn't give you your product as promised, so we'll give you your money back" is kinda... expected, not really a selling point IMO.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#26 Jul 27 2010 at 1:13 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
ReiThor wrote:
Quote:
(God help my family/friends/real life when XIV is released. The innocent shall suffer, big time!)

Also, despite the fact that it's still two months *glares at the calender menacingly* ...until the...release date...



At least it's only sept for you..... **grumble grumble** stupid PS3 delay **grumble grumble**


I wonder if they'll have the warning to not ignore real life like they did in FFXI. I almost choked when I saw that the first time, and I never got tired of showing that to someone new when they stopped by my house. They would always get a kick out of it too.


I've always thought FFXI's "don't ignore your real life" warning is like putting "Hey, don't smoke so many that you get cancer, a'ight?" on cigarettes. It's funny cause it's true.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#27 Jul 27 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
FFXIV is so gonna be my e-meth. I've never even played it and I'm already going through withdrawal waiting for the release...
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#28 Jul 27 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Indeed, reality's overrated anyway...
#29 Jul 27 2010 at 2:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
291 posts
Mikhalia wrote:

**** dude, that sucks. Although "Guaranteed delivery or a full refund" is a sh*tty policy. Should be "Guaranteed delivery or we knock off part of the price". I'll grant you that a refund is better than "tough ******** sucks to be you" in terms of customer service, but "We didn't give you your product as promised, so we'll give you your money back" is kinda... expected, not really a selling point IMO.


Yea, it sucks so bad, that's why I'd never preorder anything else from Best Buy ever again.
#30 Jul 27 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Agreed. Even some pizza deliveries have the "guaranteed delivery within 30 minutes or your food is free." And they hold true to their word, too.
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#31 Jul 27 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
*
239 posts
Ordering from your local Gamestop will vary widely depending on who your gamestop is. I take pride in my job and my customers are all happy. Some manager don't give a Rat's candy tail and sell reserved copies of games. We will probably have it in the backroom 5 days before it comes out, and I'll be reading the strategy guide cover to cover on my breaks.

Unfortunately since the street date is a Wednesday, and therefore doesn't match up with other games coming out the day before, Gamestop's will not be open until midnight. we simply don't support even medium sized games with extra payroll, especially not if we can't get a two-fer. If it was hitting the 21st with test drive, true crime, and Civilization 5 then it could be worth it to them. but as it stands midnight is for halo, call of duty, madden and the major games only.
#32 Jul 27 2010 at 9:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
516 posts
My nearest Gamestop(or anything better than Wal-mart) is about an hour and a half drive away. I decided to order it from Amazon.ca, and when I made the order it said they would ship to CE by the 27th! I said ***** that, got someone to preorder it at a gamestop, and likely they'll get it the 22nd, I'll take off the 24th and make my way to pick up my game on the 23rd after work. In fact I'm hoping that my friend will have it installed on my PC on the 22nd so I'm good to go as soon as I get to it. I was considering taking off the week after from work, but I think I'll just take off a week in November like I usually do.
#33 Jul 27 2010 at 9:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
OH NO...
i was under the impression I should pre-ordered the game in store and i could pick it up before i go to work on 9/22
i completely forgot i have to pay sales tax :(
____________________________
モスタル


#34 Jul 27 2010 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Threx wrote:
Agreed. Even some pizza deliveries have the "guaranteed delivery within 30 minutes or your food is free." And they hold true to their word, too.


http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119784843600332539-oueLUGs3hGQrgDILS9KzspIC8Rk_20081216.html

TL;DR: Dominos' "You've got 30 minutes" is -not- a guarantee. They have a disclaimer because of drivers getting into accidents that basically says that not only is it not a 30 minute guarantess, but even if it takes 31 or more minutes, you get no discount. No $3 off, no free delivery, no free pizza, nothing. Of course, you probably won't tip, but yeah.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#35 Jul 27 2010 at 10:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
I wouldn't know. Never ordered pizza delivery in the States. :P

I've had a couple free pizzas here in Thailand, though.


Edit: Another reason could be I've ordered pizza deliveries COUNTLESS times (they've got my info on their database). Maybe they figured it would be better to hand me a free pizza once in a while than to completely lose a regular customer.

Edited, Jul 27th 2010 11:08pm by Threx
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#36 Jul 27 2010 at 11:07 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Threx wrote:
I wouldn't know. Never ordered pizza delivery in the States. :P

I've had a couple free pizzas here in Thailand, though.


Edit: Another reason could be I've ordered pizza deliveries COUNTLESS times (they've got my info on their database). Maybe they figured it would be better to hand me a free pizza once in a while than to completely lose a regular customer.

Edited, Jul 27th 2010 11:08pm by Threx


Indeed, that's the downside of corporate pizza places. At my old house, before I moved here, I used to order pizza from Papa John's every Friday (horror movie night). One day I order from them and they say I will have to come in and pay cash (I usually had them deliver and pay cash). I asked why and they said that they had a bounced check from this address.

Now... I lived by myself. And I didn't evne KNOW you could write a check for pizza, nor would I have done so even if I did. So someone on their end musta ****** up and put a check in wrong, or someone gave them a check with the wrong address. Either way, wasn't my fault. But no, they said I would have to call up their corporate number to dispute this or they can't deliver to me until I pay the check that bounced (that wasn't even mine).

Now despite the fact that I ordered from them EVERY Friday for MONTHS, they didn't care. And they lost a customer over a check I didn't write because they stuck to a stupid corporate policy. Been ordering from Domino's ever since and haven't regretted it.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)