Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

still no jumping?Follow

#52 Jul 26 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,457 posts
Quote:
I wonder how many people jump in real life? When is the last time you jump up a slight terrian increase opposed to just taking a bigger step?


Actually I jump quite a bit. When I go for runs in the hills I jump across dips, over small fences, or other objects in my way. If I didn't I'd have to slow down, which defeats the purpose of strengthening my black lungs. I also like to hop on top of ledges and walk across them as opposed to taking the regular walkway. I'm an adult, I don't act like a child all of the time, I just enjoy doing things that are more active. So it may sound odd to some people who do not enjoy doing these things, but for me it does feel awkward having to stay glued to the ground all the time.

This isn't an argument for jumping in FFXIV, I'm fine with it the way it is.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#53 Jul 26 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
SE has already stated the reason for no jumping. "That would look ridiculous!"
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#54 Jul 26 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
CapnCrass wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Personally, I would love to see swimming in XIV.


Agreed. Swimming, if done well, would add a lot of immersion (*snicker*).


*groan* That was so bad, it was funny.


Fortunatly we done have to go to in depth with the swimming jokes


Why not? I think we could come up with waves of them.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#55 Jul 26 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
I understand that the small terrain glitches bother people, but for the scope of FFXI, they were few and far between.

Try to realize for a moment how many more glitches and problems adding in jumping would cause. The developers would constantly have to patch the game to stop people from getting places they shouldn't be getting
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#56 Jul 26 2010 at 6:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Kachi wrote:
SE has already stated the reason for no jumping. "That would look ridiculous!"

That's only if you jump for joy, apparently. Fists in the air and all that.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#57 Jul 26 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
What other way is there TO jump?!
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#58 Jul 26 2010 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Kachi wrote:
What other way is there TO jump?!


Mosh pit.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#59 Jul 26 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Lady Bardalicious wrote:
I understand that the small terrain glitches bother people, but for the scope of FFXI, they were few and far between.

Try to realize for a moment how many more glitches and problems adding in jumping would cause. The developers would constantly have to patch the game to stop people from getting places they shouldn't be getting


I think some of them are endearing. I remember the first time I successfully jumped the rail on the airship, only to fall off the side Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#60 Jul 26 2010 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Quote:
What other way is there TO jump?!



To conclusions?
#61 Jul 26 2010 at 8:09 PM Rating: Good
*
169 posts
Kachi wrote:
What other way is there TO jump?!


I'm sure someone will come up with some way or another...
#62 Jul 26 2010 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Quote:
I'm sure someone will come up with some way or another...





I see your crappy child rap and raise you a crappy white rapper unrelated to this discussions....


#63 Jul 26 2010 at 8:40 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
I'm surprised you both forgot about this.

EDIT: Also, better rapper.

Edited, Jul 26th 2010 10:41pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#64 Jul 26 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
48 posts
If they implement jump then Lalafells would need to jump like 10 feet high and with Roegadyns jumping 3 inches?...

I think that might be pretty awesome actually haha.
____________________________
Accumulating bad luck... One day at a time
#65 Jul 27 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Sephrick wrote:
Quote:
What other way is there TO jump?!



To conclusions?



Quote:
Tom Smykowski: It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
Michael Bolton: That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.
#66 Jul 27 2010 at 3:07 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Awesome Osarion, that's exactly what came to mind as I read down the page. OFFICE SPACE!
#67 Jul 27 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
Lady Bardalicious wrote:
I understand that the small terrain glitches bother people, but for the scope of FFXI, they were few and far between.

Try to realize for a moment how many more glitches and problems adding in jumping would cause. The developers would constantly have to patch the game to stop people from getting places they shouldn't be getting


That, or getting stuck in places that they shouldn't be getting. In Vanguard, it was extremely common for me to try to jump over, say, a random pile of rocks, and get stuck in the middle of them. You can implement a /stuck quickfix for such issues, but it causes almost as many problems as it solves (exploits and such).

Once you're getting chased by a mob, try to jump over a barricade to escape, get stuck in it, and die while you wait for the /stuck timer to run out, believe me, you won't mind if jump isn't implemented.

Edited, Jul 27th 2010 2:18pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#68 Jul 27 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
***
2,535 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
Small terrain hiccups like ridges in La Thiene or the steps in Ordelle's or "that rock" in Qufim are a problem. However, 2 foot gaps like the Yuhtunga path to Ifrit's Cauldron or pits in caves were intended by design to -force- the player to go around; basically, a one-way terrain obstacle that was there by design. Ditto for many rivers/lakes such as those in Jugner which were intended to force people to go around them to artifially divide land.

If your game is designed around the notion of jumping as a tactic/strategy and where the terrain -requires- it, that's one thing, but if the terrain is designed to be more or less flat, then jumping is unneeded. Many places in XI had land divides where the ability to jump would have surpassed the "intended path". Sky comes to mind.


For me, the issue isn't so much the lack of jumping, but the way SE's level design proceeds to take that fact for granted, using "insurmountable" barriers that COULD be jumped over if the option existed.

Every time I find my progress blocked by a shallow stream or a knee-high wall, I feel like the designers are insulting my intelligence - my character in a game should not be hindered by obstacles that I, in my average non-athleticness, find trivial in real life.
#69 Jul 27 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
BastokFL wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Small terrain hiccups like ridges in La Thiene or the steps in Ordelle's or "that rock" in Qufim are a problem. However, 2 foot gaps like the Yuhtunga path to Ifrit's Cauldron or pits in caves were intended by design to -force- the player to go around; basically, a one-way terrain obstacle that was there by design. Ditto for many rivers/lakes such as those in Jugner which were intended to force people to go around them to artifially divide land.

If your game is designed around the notion of jumping as a tactic/strategy and where the terrain -requires- it, that's one thing, but if the terrain is designed to be more or less flat, then jumping is unneeded. Many places in XI had land divides where the ability to jump would have surpassed the "intended path". Sky comes to mind.


For me, the issue isn't so much the lack of jumping, but the way SE's level design proceeds to take that fact for granted, using "insurmountable" barriers that COULD be jumped over if the option existed.

Every time I find my progress blocked by a shallow stream or a knee-high wall, I feel like the designers are insulting my intelligence - my character in a game should not be hindered by obstacles that I, in my average non-athleticness, find trivial in real life.


I do see your point about how one way two foot drops are a rather lazy way of designing maps. I don't necessarily disagree.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#70 Jul 27 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
327 posts
Quote:
Age of Conan had climbing with climbing skill.

Also in age of Conan you could jump while swimming. o,O
____________________________



#71 Jul 27 2010 at 9:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
CapnCrass wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Personally, I would love to see swimming in XIV.


Agreed. Swimming, if done well, would add a lot of immersion (*snicker*).


*groan* That was so bad, it was funny.


Fortunatly we done have to go to in depth with the swimming jokes


Why not? I think we could come up with waves of them.


Because there would be so many we wouldnt be able to stay afloat!
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#72 Jul 27 2010 at 11:15 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
CapnCrass wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Personally, I would love to see swimming in XIV.


Agreed. Swimming, if done well, would add a lot of immersion (*snicker*).


*groan* That was so bad, it was funny.


Fortunatly we done have to go to in depth with the swimming jokes


Why not? I think we could come up with waves of them.


Because there would be so many we wouldnt be able to stay afloat!


We'd eventually be inundated with them.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#73 Jul 27 2010 at 11:16 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
Quote:
Age of Conan had climbing with climbing skill.

Also in age of Conan you could jump while swimming. o,O


That's just weird. I mean, I know games have this, but you can't jump in water. You just can't. There's nothing to push off of. I mean, you could lift someone up and throw them, but you can't jump.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#74 Jul 28 2010 at 12:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
We'd eventually be inundated with them.


Doh! I almost did that one. You lack discretion, my friend, and for that you shall be rewarded.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#75 Jul 28 2010 at 1:45 AM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Quote:
They are there by design. If you could jump that 2 foot ledge would be a 6 foot ledge that you still couldn't pass.


While most players understand that most of these obstacles are there by design for a reason, most of the time to make you take an alternate, more challenging path, a little bit more realism wouldn't hurt. To me there is no reason why there should be a small rock versus a giant wall or something.

Now I'm not advocating jumping in FFXIV because really I don't like seeing jackasses jump around like, well, jackasses but I honestly might throw something at the screen if I see yet another rock blocking my way that I would otherwise be able to simply jump over in real life.

When I'm trying to experience an epic story while dungeon crawling to reach an terrifying dragon that I must slay to save the world it kinda breaks the momentum when I reach a "2 foot ledge" and go, ********** guys, guess we have to turn around, I don't know how the **** we're going to get past this ****."

It's just the designers being lazy IMO.
#76 Jul 28 2010 at 4:58 AM Rating: Decent
*
205 posts


#2! THIS is the reason everyone wants jump. Come on, just admit it. I've played WoW, and other than Hunter's using this ability for a Running Jump Shot, really it doesn't serve any purpose. I didn't see anyone jumping their way up the Wyrmcrest Temple, Icecrown or Dalaran. I didn't see anyone needing to jump and get an apple from a tree to finish a quest.

Trust me, you'll live without jump. It's a brave new world out there, you'll be fine pumpkins.

And FFXI did have jump by the way; Dragoons hullo?! lol.
____________________________
It's not who we are, but what we do that define us. - Batman Begins

#77 Jul 28 2010 at 5:36 AM Rating: Good
*
198 posts
Never going to happen (couldn't find a shorter 1. Never part starts @57secs.)

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 7:37am by Zalongamer
#78 Jul 28 2010 at 8:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
Quote:
Age of Conan had climbing with climbing skill.

Also in age of Conan you could jump while swimming. o,O


That's just weird. I mean, I know games have this, but you can't jump in water. You just can't. There's nothing to push off of. I mean, you could lift someone up and throw them, but you can't jump.

Every action having an equal an opposite reaction, I would think you'd move in the other direction when throwing somebody while under water.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#79 Jul 28 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
*
249 posts

You don't want to jump in chain or plate armor. You will get hurt really bad. Mages know better, ever tried to jump around in a robe that goes down to your ankles? Faceplant guaranteed. Now the only way i could see someone jump would be in light or leather armor. Only giving it to those classes however would be unbalanced.

All put aside, it simply looks silly and serves no purpose at all. Evading someone swinging a 2 handed sword at you by jumping is just not going to work. A good archer aims for the biggest target area, your chest and jumping will still get you hit.

Same reasons could be brought up for swimming. You sink like a stone and even with leather or cloth armor you be exhausted in no time.

Kindjal Ferrer
Chairmen of the IJSM
Initiative for a jump and swim free MMMO environment

____________________________
#80 Jul 28 2010 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Ralrra wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
marsupialboy wrote:
Quote:
Age of Conan had climbing with climbing skill.

Also in age of Conan you could jump while swimming. o,O


That's just weird. I mean, I know games have this, but you can't jump in water. You just can't. There's nothing to push off of. I mean, you could lift someone up and throw them, but you can't jump.

Every action having an equal an opposite reaction, I would think you'd move in the other direction when throwing somebody while under water.


Indeed you will. Tossing someone out of water without having your feet on the bottom of the pool will usually result in yourself going underwater.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#81 Jul 29 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Excellent
*
169 posts
Jump-related story incoming. Read at your own leisure (or risk)...

My son and I were outside playing Final Fantasy today. "Playing Final Fantasy" pretty much consists of him running around a lot and announcing why any spell or ability that I try doesn't work because whichever boss we're fighting is too tough for me. Of course, he's much stronger than I am and can solo the boss no problem... This time he was a Galka blue mage named Lunpa (because Galka are the toughest) and I was my actual character, Austreven (also on BLU). We were going to fight Diabolos so we could both learn Nightmare (which is the most powerful BLU spell), but had to get through a maze filled with traps (all of which sounded suspiciously like variations on the Three Tests from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). At one point in this maze, my son ducked under the railing of some steps, looked at the knee-high (to him) wall on the other side and said, "Uh-oh! I'm stuck!". I almost died laughing. Luckily, this version of FFXI allowed for jumping, so we made it past the wall alright.

Eventually we made it to Diabolos, and much to my surprise Lunpa actually needed my help to "capture" the Nightmare spell so we could both use it. Once we learned it, we both cast it on Diabolos at the same time and gave him a good, old-fashioned beat down while he was asleep. Then my son took both the magic necklace that dropped and "the most powerful magic sword in the game" for himself...
#82 Jul 30 2010 at 2:33 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
CapnCrass wrote:
Jump-related story incoming. Read at your own leisure (or risk)...

My son and I were outside playing Final Fantasy today. "Playing Final Fantasy" pretty much consists of him running around a lot and announcing why any spell or ability that I try doesn't work because whichever boss we're fighting is too tough for me. Of course, he's much stronger than I am and can solo the boss no problem... This time he was a Galka blue mage named Lunpa (because Galka are the toughest) and I was my actual character, Austreven (also on BLU). We were going to fight Diabolos so we could both learn Nightmare (which is the most powerful BLU spell), but had to get through a maze filled with traps (all of which sounded suspiciously like variations on the Three Tests from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). At one point in this maze, my son ducked under the railing of some steps, looked at the knee-high (to him) wall on the other side and said, "Uh-oh! I'm stuck!". I almost died laughing. Luckily, this version of FFXI allowed for jumping, so we made it past the wall alright.

Eventually we made it to Diabolos, and much to my surprise Lunpa actually needed my help to "capture" the Nightmare spell so we could both use it. Once we learned it, we both cast it on Diabolos at the same time and gave him a good, old-fashioned beat down while he was asleep. Then my son took both the magic necklace that dropped and "the most powerful magic sword in the game" for himself...


This is the best "jumping" story ever. Well done. Sounds like you have a loot ninja in the making!
#83 Jul 30 2010 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
So I went into the game store to order my copy of FFXIV... and what does the guy at the counter ask me? He asks me if there will be jumping.

>.>

And then proceeded to whine about it when I said there wouldn't be.

My only thought was... "seriously?"
#84 Jul 30 2010 at 3:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,457 posts
You know what's really funny? People claiming that people in armor can't jump 2ft to get over a rock or swim across a small pond, but it's totally cool for them to throw fireballs and jump 12 feet in the air for a WS. Again not arguing for jump, I really don't care anymore. Just a goofy and desperate argument people have come up with to combat those that do.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#85 Jul 30 2010 at 5:26 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Olorinus wrote:
So I went into the game store to order my copy of FFXIV... and what does the guy at the counter ask me? He asks me if there will be jumping.

>.>

And then proceeded to whine about it when I said there wouldn't be.

My only thought was... "seriously?"


Ask him if Cataclysm is going to implement catgirls, facial expressions, and the ability to instantly teleport from one zone to another zone you've been before without needing a mage or a flight path.

And then whine when he says there won't be. :)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#86 Jul 30 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
mikhalia wrote:
Ask him if Cataclysm is going to implement catgirls, facial expressions, and the ability to instantly teleport from one zone to another zone you've been before without needing a mage or a flight path.

And then whine when he says there won't be. :)


That - is a great idea.

*shrugs*

I just don't care much one way or the other - it seems like a bit of a silly thing to harp on. Can I change classes on one character? That is the kind of mechanic that makes a difference to me.
#87 Jul 30 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
So I went into the game store to order my copy of FFXIV... and what does the guy at the counter ask me? He asks me if there will be jumping.

>.>

And then proceeded to whine about it when I said there wouldn't be.

My only thought was... "seriously?"


Ask him if Cataclysm is going to implement catgirls, facial expressions, and the ability to instantly teleport from one zone to another zone you've been before without needing a mage or a flight path.

And then whine when he says there won't be. :)


I don't care. WoW is the best game.
#88 Jul 30 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
255 posts
Quote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Quote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Quote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Quote:
Mikhalia wrote:
Quote:
CapnCrass wrote:
Quote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Personally, I would love to see swimming in XIV.



Agreed. Swimming, if done well, would add a lot of immersion (*snicker*).



*groan* That was so bad, it was funny.



Fortunatly we done have to go to in depth with the swimming jokes



Why not? I think we could come up with waves of them.



Because there would be so many we wouldnt be able to stay afloat!


Sinking in swimming puns. Drowning in a pool of them, gasping for fresh punny air.
____________________________
[img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/15834_3d32ad424a3db4b1.png[/img]
#89 Jul 30 2010 at 5:47 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
Redyoshi wrote:
I don't care. WoW is the best game.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmy7Ze18NY&feature=related

are you quoting this?
#90 Jul 30 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Redyoshi wrote:
I don't care. WoW is the best game.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmy7Ze18NY&feature=related

are you quoting this?


Yes he is, but people are prolly gonna rate him down cause they missed the joke.

Edited, Jul 30th 2010 8:32pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#91 Jul 30 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
339 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
Quote:
Olorinus wrote:
Redyoshi wrote:
I don't care. WoW is the best game.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmy7Ze18NY&feature=related

are you quoting this?


Yes he is, but people are prolly gonna rate him down cause they missed the joke.


Rated up, although I still think this is the best version.
#92 Jul 30 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
36 posts
I'm all for jumping, but only if its along the lines of the jumping that was in FF13. Your character would automatically jump in locations as intended by level design.
#93 Jul 31 2010 at 1:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,718 posts
Papanurf wrote:
* 'Proc' doesn't exist in FF
Yes, it does.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#94 Jul 31 2010 at 7:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
76 posts
LandonC wrote:
People really just want jumping cuz they are used to playin WoW so much they they get bored and spam the space bar... i've played it for a long time and as the 3yrs i played FFXI i found it alot easier to not waste time to start jumping and jumping and even jumping more just tryint to get somewhere you think you might not can get... If you wanna jump and that kinda stuff why play FFXI or FFXIV and complain, why not just play wow???


Omg I was gonna complain about there being no jumping because there is just something un-natural about me hitting the space bar and not jumping as a result. But after reading your post, your totally freaking right. I honestly think I have more hours logged in WoW just jumping around in major cities for no reason what so ever because I was bored. Very sad when you think about it, I got more entertainment out of jumping up and down over and over for hours upon hours then I could get from any other aspect of the game lol. Anyhow I'm glad theres no jumping now, cause honestly if there was no jumping in WoW I really think I would of just logged off and saved a lot of time, and if I get to the point of not wanting to do anything in FF XIV accept jumping around then I for one will be glad that there is no jump =)
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)