Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

If you preordered Starcraft II, read inside.Follow

#1 Jul 27 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
If you preordered Starcraft II from Gamestop, you should have gotten a slip that came with it (given to you by GameStop, not in the box itself) with a code on it. Enter that code into gamestop.com/scii per the instructions on the back and it is good for 20% off PC accessories at GameStop and 20% off an EVGA GeForce GTX 400 series.

So if you were planning on upgrading your video card or buying a new one for FFXIV, you can get 20% off the card if you preordered Starcraft II.

EDIT: One of your fellow Alla posters has decided to be exceptionally nice. first come, first served. Please only bother him if you're actually going to USE the discount though.

Tweezle120 wrote:
Please email me at Tweezle120@aim.com for codes, I work at a Gamestop with dozens of extras. I will mail out tomorrow evening.


Toss him a rateup too, if you decide to send him an email.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 1:12am by Mikhalia

EDIT: This offer expires Monday, 8/2 (today), so get to it if you're gonna do it.

Edited, Aug 2nd 2010 2:00am by Mikhalia

EDIT 2: Offer has expired as of 8/2

Edited, Aug 3rd 2010 12:57am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#2 Jul 27 2010 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Only gamestop preorder boxes had this? In the event I have one in my copy when it finally gets here (living overseas as an American has it's downsides... late start with my XIV CE...) I'll post the code as I've pretty much got my GPUs in order already.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#3 Jul 27 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
If you preordered Starcraft II from Gamestop, you should have gotten a slip that came with it (given to you by GameStop, not in the box itself) with a code on it. Enter that code into gamestop.com/scii per the instructions on the back and it is good for 20% off PC accessories at GameStop and 20% off an EVGA GeForce GTX 400 series.

So if you were planning on upgrading your video card or buying a new one for FFXIV, you can get 20% off the card if you preordered Starcraft II.

Edited, Jul 27th 2010 2:47pm by Mikhalia


Yeah, the 20% off was a Gamestop exclusive.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#4 Jul 27 2010 at 2:37 PM Rating: Default
**
347 posts
BS, I preordered from best buy and I got jack.
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#5 Jul 27 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
xellosalpha wrote:
BS, I preordered from best buy and I got jack.


Reading comprehension FTL.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Jul 27 2010 at 3:12 PM Rating: Good
Funny timing. Newegg released a special today in honor of SC2's debut with 10% off select Nvidia Fermi cards. EVGA's more generous 20% discount is definitely the way to go if you pre-ordered SC2. In addition, they both offer $20 mail-in rebates, all of which really helps out.
#7 Jul 27 2010 at 5:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
787 posts
I wish Diablo III was released instead of Zugcraft II.
#8 Jul 27 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
If anyone has a code and doesn't plan on using it, please email it to me! pbrowning81@hotmail.com

I am purchasing a 460 soon!!
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#9 Jul 27 2010 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
784 posts
Wow, thats a HUGE savings on a GTX 480. Almost makes me wish I still lived in the U.S.
____________________________
Amazing linkshell/guild hosting

#10 Jul 27 2010 at 7:10 PM Rating: Excellent
*
239 posts
Please email me at Tweezle120@aim.com for codes, I work at a Gamestop with dozens of extras. I will mail out tomorrow evening.
#11 Jul 27 2010 at 9:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Wow, ****, I wish I still lived in the States, too. :(
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#12 Jul 27 2010 at 10:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
Tweezle120 wrote:
Please email me at Tweezle120@aim.com for codes, I work at a Gamestop with dozens of extras. I will mail out tomorrow evening.

done.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 12:01am by Mostaru
____________________________
モスタル


#13 Jul 28 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
247 posts
Done as well. Thanks a million for the offer.

This may be a dumb question, but is the code used at Newegg or....?

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 1:00pm by Enscheff
#14 Jul 28 2010 at 8:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
I have the same question. I went to the gamespot.com/scii, put in the code and see the offer, which doesn't show the 460 unfortunately.

In any case, when selecting any of the cards I am taken to the EVGA website but I don't see the discount applying. What am I doing wrong?
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#15 Jul 28 2010 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
*
239 posts
OK so I just went through most of the steps of buying a card:
you have to buy from http://www.evga.com
You have to go most of the way through checkout,

sign up
enter billing and shipping address
select method of shipment
THEN you get tot eh coupon screen.

Enter the FSCGSxxxxxxx Starcraft code there, hit submit coupon...Aaaaand BAM ^_^.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 10:41pm by Tweezle120
#16 Jul 28 2010 at 10:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
247 posts
Doesn't look like they have any 460s in stock at the moment. I will just keep my eyes peeled and pick one up when they do.
#17 Jul 29 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,825 posts
Enscheff wrote:
Doesn't look like they have any 460s in stock at the moment. I will just keep my eyes peeled and pick one up when they do.


Supposedly they didn't make that many, I'm not sure if they didn't count on it selling/performing well, or if it's to controll the price so it doesn't directly threaten the 470 and 480.

Then again the 450 is coming out soon and may be just as good, if not a better baragin than the 460's. It would only be a good deal for XIV play if you were going to go SLI.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#18 Jul 29 2010 at 5:13 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
784 posts
PerrinofSylph wrote:
[

Supposedly they didn't make that many, I'm not sure if they didn't count on it selling/performing well, or if it's to controll the price so it doesn't directly threaten the 470 and 480.

Then again the 450 is coming out soon and may be just as good, if not a better baragin than the 460's. It would only be a good deal for XIV play if you were going to go SLI.


Well, I don't think it has anything to do with how well they are selling or performing. The 460s are being gobbled up by the budget minded enthusiast crowd, as they are cheaper to buy 2 and SLI them than buying a single 480, and actually outperform a single 480. See sites such as overclock.net
____________________________
Amazing linkshell/guild hosting

#19 Jul 30 2010 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
This sucks, they don't have any of the 460 or 470's available. Given the reduced price, I went to hit submit and purchase the 470, but it won't let me as they have none avail.

/sigh


a 470 for $280 is a REALLY good deal.
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#20 Jul 30 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
Oh well, just pulled the trigger on the superclocked edition 470!!
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#21 Jul 30 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
KnocturnalOne wrote:
Oh well, just pulled the trigger on the superclocked edition 470!!


Cool, post your new score? (and the old one?)
#22 Jul 30 2010 at 9:14 PM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
Will do, once I get all my parts in and build the thing hehe. I assume it will all be here late next week and maybe over the weekend I'll have the rig up and running! WOOHOO!
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#23 Jul 31 2010 at 5:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
i just purchased the GTX470, im gonna compliment it with an i7 processor
I know i have asked about mobo in my other thread, but lord Mikhalia, can you tell me if any "ATX" motherboard and case will fit these two things in?
____________________________
モスタル


#24 Jul 31 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Mostaru wrote:
i just purchased the GTX470, im gonna compliment it with an i7 processor
I know i have asked about mobo in my other thread, but lord Mikhalia, can you tell me if any "ATX" motherboard and case will fit these two things in?


ATX motherboards are the standard size; Micro-ATX and Mini ATX are smaller. Just make sure you get a mid tower or a full tower and you should have plenty of room.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#25 Jul 31 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Excellent
*
239 posts
KnocturnalOne wrote:
This sucks, they don't have any of the 460 or 470's available. Given the reduced price, I went to hit submit and purchase the 470, but it won't let me as they have none avail.

/sigh


a 470 for $280 is a REALLY good deal.


They are probably selling out because of the coupon codes. They are good until August 2nd, and yeah, I still have some. ((see a post of mine above for how to get one.)) Can you order and pay while they are out of stock and just wait longer for it to ship? I'd go ahead and do that now while the coupons are still good if you can. If not, then Boo on them! I bet they'll "suddenly" get a bunch in stock August 3rd, in which case they can go soak their head!

Edited, Aug 1st 2010 12:48am by Tweezle120
#26 Jul 31 2010 at 10:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
i ordered mine, thanks jess :D
____________________________
モスタル


#27 Aug 01 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Is this confirmation that you can order this and use code and wait for them to get more in stock?
Mostaru wrote:
i ordered mine, thanks jess :D
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#28 Aug 01 2010 at 11:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
jakarai wrote:
Is this confirmation that you can order this and use code and wait for them to get more in stock?
Mostaru wrote:
i ordered mine, thanks jess :D


I ordered already and paid $279.99, there is an add. $20 MIR, so the final should be $259.99
order was placed on Sat 07/31, and status is -> Processing.
As Tweezle said, it's a good idea to place the order first, even they might have it on backorder. the Radeon HD5850 is selling for almost 300, so i think 260 is a good price for GTX470. (note, I'm not Mikhalia nor any good in tech stuff, but then having 90bucks off a decent video card sounds like a good deal to me)
____________________________
モスタル


#29 Aug 02 2010 at 4:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
They had some GTX 460s in stock so I decided to get one. Got a 1gb one for $191 so I am happy with that. :)
Mostaru wrote:
jakarai wrote:
Is this confirmation that you can order this and use code and wait for them to get more in stock?
Mostaru wrote:
i ordered mine, thanks jess :D


I ordered already and paid $279.99, there is an add. $20 MIR, so the final should be $259.99
order was placed on Sat 07/31, and status is -> Processing.
As Tweezle said, it's a good idea to place the order first, even they might have it on backorder. the Radeon HD5850 is selling for almost 300, so i think 260 is a good price for GTX470. (note, I'm not Mikhalia nor any good in tech stuff, but then having 90bucks off a decent video card sounds like a good deal to me)
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#30 Aug 02 2010 at 1:26 PM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
Tweezle120 wrote:
KnocturnalOne wrote:
This sucks, they don't have any of the 460 or 470's available. Given the reduced price, I went to hit submit and purchase the 470, but it won't let me as they have none avail.

/sigh


a 470 for $280 is a REALLY good deal.


They are probably selling out because of the coupon codes. They are good until August 2nd, and yeah, I still have some. ((see a post of mine above for how to get one.)) Can you order and pay while they are out of stock and just wait longer for it to ship? I'd go ahead and do that now while the coupons are still good if you can. If not, then Boo on them! I bet they'll "suddenly" get a bunch in stock August 3rd, in which case they can go soak their head!

Edited, Aug 1st 2010 12:48am by Tweezle120


IIRC, it woudldn't let you purchase the card if it wasn't in stock. I went back in and tried the superclocked edition ($5 more) and it was available, so I got it for $283.

Very happy overall, all my parts are scheduled to arrive on Weds. I am so excited that it's just plain ridiculous.
____________________________
FFXIV:
PL (40) CRP (32) CON (27) ALC (17) THM (15) GSM (15)


FFXI (Retired):
PLD [75] RDM [75] WAR [75] BRD [75] NIN [75] SAM [75]


#31 Aug 02 2010 at 10:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
what's the diff with the OC one?
but anyway, mine is shipped :)
____________________________
モスタル


#32 Aug 03 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
The OCed one is OCed. That's the diff. :)
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#33 Aug 03 2010 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
Threx wrote:
The OCed one is OCed. That's the diff. :)

i'm not one of those tech boys, i dun care about OC lol
all i care about is the parts im getting could be snapped together and run the game smoothly for years to come
____________________________
モスタル


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)