Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Benchmark CrashFollow

#1 Jul 27 2010 at 10:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Sorry for starting a new post, I couldn't find a benchmark post.

I also tried searching high and low for my solution, to no avail.

Running a Phenom X4 965, 4GB RAM, GTX 460, built yesterday and the bench says:

"FFXIV Benchmark has stopped working.." after I pick race and click start. I have tried reinstalling, updating DirectX, and every other response I have read on forums

P.S. I am running windows 7 x64.




Edited, Aug 9th 2013 2:02pm by Wint Lock Thread: What is with all the necro threads lately?
____________________________


#2 Jul 27 2010 at 11:08 PM Rating: Default
*****
11,539 posts
Arbucks1 wrote:
Sorry for starting a new post, I couldn't find a benchmark post.

I also tried searching high and low for my solution, to no avail.

Running a Phenom X4 965, 4GB RAM, GTX 460, built yesterday and the bench says:

"FFXIV Benchmark has stopped working.." after I pick race and click start. I have tried reinstalling, updating DirectX, and every other response I have read on forums

P.S. I am running windows 7 x64.


Have you also tried updating your video driver to the latest nvidia driver on nvidia.com?

EDIT: or running it as administrator?

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 1:09am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#3 Jul 28 2010 at 4:29 AM Rating: Good
*
50 posts
I forgot to mention that, but indeed I have.
____________________________


#4 Jul 28 2010 at 5:24 AM Rating: Good
**
791 posts
Have you downloaded/installed directx9? Many people overlook this step.
____________________________


#5 Jul 28 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
I downloaded one via the microsoft website, as well as the SDK. But I will try the one you linked me when I arrive home.
____________________________


#6 Jul 28 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Ok, I installed that directx update and the problem still persists...

Perhaps it is how I am updating the directx?? I download the june2010 .exe file and it asks for a location. I make a folder (I placed it in my downloads), and run the DXSETUP within that.


Is that the correct procedure?

____________________________


#7 Jul 28 2010 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
You could try running dxdiag.exe, I seem to recall it might show if anything is wrong with your DirectX install. Should be able to just hit Start, Run (or press the Windows key + R) and type dxdiag.exe and hit enter.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#8 Jul 28 2010 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
theres something else as well with windows 7, if you right click on the program , theres an option for .. its either troubleshoot or compatability mode. Not at my own pc so cant tell ya for sure. can try to choose the option for troubleshoot program and try runing it with windows xp compatibility mode, let me know if this works im kinda curious.
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#9 Jul 28 2010 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I've not had much luck with compatibility mode, but what you could try (if you are on Vista or Windows 7) is going to the compatibility tab and check the Disable Desktop Composition button. This disables Aero and can boost your score besides.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#10 Jul 28 2010 at 2:15 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Wint wrote:
I've not had much luck with compatibility mode, but what you could try (if you are on Vista or Windows 7) is going to the compatibility tab and check the Disable Desktop Composition button. This disables Aero and can boost your score besides.


Never thought of that, ill try when i get home as well. Im usign an integrated card right now so I was blaming my crash on that, still havent orderd in thd video card you linked me yet. got new power supply installed though.

*edit* sucky spelling

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 4:15pm by Puppy1
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#11 Jul 28 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I don't think an integrated card will run it, but it never hurts to try, DWM (part of Aero) is a pretty decent resource hog.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#12 Jul 28 2010 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Tried the desktop composition idea, fiddled with compatibility mode, with no resolve.

Could it have anything to do with running at a low resolution due to an old monitor?? It doesn't seem likely, just tossing ideas.
____________________________


#13 Jul 28 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Pretty much all the stuff I could find by googling that problem has been covered, except one person managed to get that error message this way...did you completely extract all the files from the download?

Still unsure how they pulled that off, but that's all I could find...

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 5:20pm by TwistedOwl
#14 Jul 28 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Did you try dxidiag? You can test your directx install that way, and at least we can rule that out.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#15 Jul 28 2010 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Also, make sure it's done running before you check the other tabs (there is a spot at the bottom of the first tab that shows it running):

Screenshot


Each of the other tabs will show you if there are any issues. In Windows XP DirectX 9, you can run tests too, it doesn't look like mine has that (DirectX 11).
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#16 Jul 28 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Well, I don't know what to say. I tried running it from a different directory and that appeared to work. Scored 4500 on low with starcraft 2 running in the background. x.x


Thanks for all the help!!
____________________________


#17 Jul 28 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Arbucks1 wrote:
Well, I don't know what to say. I tried running it from a different directory and that appeared to work. Scored 4500 on low with starcraft 2 running in the background. x.x

Thanks for all the help!!


Hmm can you explain?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#18 Jul 28 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
291 posts
Arbucks1 wrote:
Well, I don't know what to say. I tried running it from a different directory and that appeared to work. Scored 4500 on low with starcraft 2 running in the background. x.x


Thanks for all the help!!


The only thing came across my mind is that you put the benchmark program/folder in a folder with a non English folder name before?
#19 Jul 28 2010 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
340 posts
Was your 460 the 768 MB or the 1 GB version?
____________________________
WoW Blackhand-US-Date of Retirement: 9/21/2010... /Sigh
Devari - 90 Rogue 85 DK Druid/Mage/Warrior 70+

FFXI - Shiva "Retired.... Or not? One more try, honest."
Desmar - 65 Sam 36 Mnk 18 Thf 12 War

FFXIV - Devari Garamond - Sargatanas 50 Paladin / Culinarian / Weaver / Armorer
Beta - Devaria Ariadne - Ultros - Pugilist
#20 Jul 28 2010 at 6:06 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Arbucks1 wrote:
Well, I don't know what to say. I tried running it from a different directory and that appeared to work. Scored 4500 on low with starcraft 2 running in the background. x.x

Thanks for all the help!!


Hmm can you explain?


I literally just copied the folder from where it was to the desktop. Not sure how it helped, but it did lol.
____________________________


#21 Jul 28 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
desmar wrote:
Was your 460 the 768 MB or the 1 GB version?


760mb, although I bought it monday, and with the cards going on sale I copped a gigabyte 1GB version.
____________________________


#22 Jul 28 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Arbucks1 wrote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Arbucks1 wrote:
Well, I don't know what to say. I tried running it from a different directory and that appeared to work. Scored 4500 on low with starcraft 2 running in the background. x.x

Thanks for all the help!!


Hmm can you explain?


I literally just copied the folder from where it was to the desktop. Not sure how it helped, but it did lol.


Really odd, ill give it a try myself.
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#23 Jul 28 2010 at 8:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
340 posts
I'm looking at building something close to exactly what you specced, and if I don't buy a new monitor, I will be playing low res (1280x1024) which should still be a playable res. So it's good to know that would be the score I would be looking at.
____________________________
WoW Blackhand-US-Date of Retirement: 9/21/2010... /Sigh
Devari - 90 Rogue 85 DK Druid/Mage/Warrior 70+

FFXI - Shiva "Retired.... Or not? One more try, honest."
Desmar - 65 Sam 36 Mnk 18 Thf 12 War

FFXIV - Devari Garamond - Sargatanas 50 Paladin / Culinarian / Weaver / Armorer
Beta - Devaria Ariadne - Ultros - Pugilist
#24 Jul 28 2010 at 8:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
desmar wrote:
I'm looking at building something close to exactly what you specced, and if I don't buy a new monitor, I will be playing low res (1280x1024) which should still be a playable res. So it's good to know that would be the score I would be looking at.


Ive been usign my LG tv with HDMI cable
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#25 Jul 28 2010 at 9:48 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
So I'm having the same problem on my fresh out of the box comp. I've updated directx and my drivers to no avail. Help?
#26 Jul 28 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
MongooseQueen wrote:
So I'm having the same problem on my fresh out of the box comp. I've updated directx and my drivers to no avail. Help?


frech out of box have a built in video card? aka integrated?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#27 Jul 28 2010 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
It's:
Dell Studio Athlon II x4 630 (2.0GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5
750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Win 7 64bit
6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 1333MHz, 2x2GB+2x1GB
#28 Jul 28 2010 at 10:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
can you try what arbucks did and move the folder? let me know how that turns out. (im goign to try it when i get home myself)
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#29 Jul 28 2010 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Well I already had it saved on the desktop so I tried moving it to my downloads folder and it still won't run. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get this effing bechmark to run while getting use to win 7 and I'd like to punch my computer in the face. Any other suggestions?
#30 Jul 28 2010 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
MongooseQueen wrote:
Well I already had it saved on the desktop so I tried moving it to my downloads folder and it still won't run. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get this effing bechmark to run while getting use to win 7 and I'd like to punch my computer in the face. Any other suggestions?


If they only had faces would make it much more fun ;). Hmm have you tried the other options in this thread so far as well?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#31 Jul 28 2010 at 10:14 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Drivers are updated, Directx 11 is up to code... I'm sad.
#32 Jul 28 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
What wattage is your power supply, is it a 550w or better?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#33 Jul 28 2010 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
It's not on my paperwork or in the device manager. How do I find out what I've got?
#34 Jul 29 2010 at 12:57 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Crisis averted! I didn't realize that I needed the AMI Catalyst driver. I just went through the device manage and thought that was it as far as updating the drivers went. I feel like an ***. Thanks for the help guys!

P.S.
I got 3420 on low settings.
#35 Jul 29 2010 at 2:48 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
I had a similar problem when I tried the benchmark a while back on my newly built computer.
I was missing a DX9 file if I remember correctly.
So umm ya, remember to go grab those files as well =p
#36 Jul 29 2010 at 4:35 AM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
desmar wrote:
I'm looking at building something close to exactly what you specced, and if I don't buy a new monitor, I will be playing low res (1280x1024) which should still be a playable res. So it's good to know that would be the score I would be looking at.


I think I ran 4300 on low, and 2750 on high. All without overclocking, yet.
____________________________


#37 Jul 29 2010 at 4:46 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Arbucks1 wrote:
desmar wrote:
I'm looking at building something close to exactly what you specced, and if I don't buy a new monitor, I will be playing low res (1280x1024) which should still be a playable res. So it's good to know that would be the score I would be looking at.


I think I ran 4300 on low, and 2750 on high. All without overclocking, yet.


Nice, thanks for posting those numbers. I'm looking at that kind of setup too, changing the GPU/PSU combo daily. That may help me finally decide...
#38 Jul 29 2010 at 1:09 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
I ordered the 1GB version of the card I'm running, should be interesting to see what kinda upgrade that gives me on the bench numbers
____________________________


#39 Jul 31 2010 at 12:37 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Hi, new poster here I just bought a new i7 860 2.8GHz with a ATI RADEON HD5770 card. And I`m having the exact same problems as the OP and the other guy.

I know my directxc is up to date. However I`m not 100% sure how to update my video card drivers and sound card drivers. I went to a site not to long ago and it said it costs money to update them so I think that could be my problem. It`s a brand new computer I just set it up specifically for FFXIV and I wanted to test the benchmark out since my last PC only got a 145 on the benchmark (ouch). I`ve tried literally all of the above advice however I just don`t think my ATI card is updated, is there a link I could go to to fix this. I don`t even know how to hit the question mark on this new keyboard. :(

Thanks in advanced.

Okay so I did double check and I do indeed have out of date video card and sound card drivers (2 sound, 1 video). How can I update them for free or will I have to pay $30 to that DriverDetective site. I`m headed to bed for now. Sooo tired.

Grrr and I looked up my Device Manager and it says there is no problems with any of my drivers, however, the DriverDetective thing I dównloaded from ATI`s site said I had to update them.

Edited, Jul 31st 2010 2:54am by CloudNyne1234

Edited, Jul 31st 2010 3:03am by CloudNyne1234
#40 Jul 31 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Excellent
CloudNyne1234 wrote:
Hi, new poster here I just bought a new i7 860 2.8GHz with a ATI RADEON HD5770 card. And I`m having the exact same problems as the OP and the other guy.

I know my directxc is up to date. However I`m not 100% sure how to update my video card drivers and sound card drivers. I went to a site not to long ago and it said it costs money to update them so I think that could be my problem. It`s a brand new computer I just set it up specifically for FFXIV and I wanted to test the benchmark out since my last PC only got a 145 on the benchmark (ouch). I`ve tried literally all of the above advice however I just don`t think my ATI card is updated, is there a link I could go to to fix this. I don`t even know how to hit the question mark on this new keyboard. :(

Thanks in advanced.



If you went to a site to update your drivers and they wanted to charge you money for it, you're being ripped off.

go to http://www.ati.com and follow the links Support & Drivers > Download Graphics Drivers > Desktop Graphics > HD Series > Radeon HD 5xxx series pci-e > Your Operating System.
This will take you to a page to download the ATI Catalyst drivers.


You'll need to know what model soundcard you have for your soundcard drivers, but it basically is the same as doing your video drivers. Only you go to your soundcard's manufacturer site.
#41 Jul 31 2010 at 1:25 AM Rating: Good
5 posts
Quote:
If you went to a site to update your drivers and they wanted to charge you money for it, you're being ripped off.

go to http://www.ati.com and follow the links Support & Drivers > Download Graphics Drivers > Desktop Graphics > HD Series > Radeon HD 5xxx series pci-e > Your Operating System.
This will take you to a page to download the ATI Catalyst drivers.


You'll need to know what model soundcard you have for your soundcard drivers, but it basically is the same as doing your video drivers. Only you go to your soundcard's manufacturer site.


I just downloaded 4 or 5 of those Catalyst updates, do I need to do them all or something in order to make my driver not out of date on the scanner.
#42 Jul 31 2010 at 1:41 AM Rating: Excellent
There should only be one you need. In the description area on the download page (should be the 1st item on the list) it will say Display Drivers. Download and run that file only. Then just follow the instructions on your screen.
#43 Jul 31 2010 at 2:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
Can you overclock laptops? <.<
#44 Jul 31 2010 at 6:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
77 posts
Yep. I overclocked my laptop (Asus G50vt) with a Core 2 Duo T7450 @ 2.13 ghz and a Geforce 9800M GS 512 MB. I got the CPU to 2.4 ghz and the GPU up about 16% (core and shader clocks). Only thing is the GPU runs really hot (like 100 degrees C)- but it does run hot even w/o the OC. I need to find a cooling fix so I can safely OC.

My low res benchmark went from around 1,800 up to 2,100.

I used EVGA Precision tool for the GPU OC and Setfsb for the CPU OC. If you use Setfsb, read the compatibility list to be sure you use the correct clock generator.
____________________________
FFXIV Sterling Cooper - Besaid

FFXI Cheebone - Unicorn
#45 Jul 31 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Quote:
Can you overclock laptops? <.<


I failed in trying to find a pic with a laptop sitting on top of a clock radio.
#46 Jul 31 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
rubina wrote:
Quote:
Can you overclock laptops? <.<


I failed in trying to find a pic with a laptop sitting on top of a clock radio.


Hopefully this helps.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#47 Jul 31 2010 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
#48 Jul 31 2010 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Quote:
There should only be one you need. In the description area on the download page (should be the 1st item on the list) it will say Display Drivers. Download and run that file only. Then just follow the instructions on your screen.


Okay so, I had to sleep on it. I just woke up, quickly saw your response and decided to retry the first link. It gave me this tiny error msg saying my system isn`t 32 bit so I looked up what I have. Apparently it`s 64 bit. So I went back, redid the info, downloaded the 64bit update and my computer then restarted itself after everything magnified. First thing I did after the restart was check DriverDetective and yep, my graphics card is now up to date thank you sooooo much! :) I have to get ready for a family dinner and I work insane hours this week but I`ll get back to updating my sound cards and hopefully that gets the benchmark to work. If not I`ll be back here.

Progresss! Now I just need to learn to type question marks.



scored 4554 on low, 2542 on high :)

Edited, Aug 1st 2010 6:39am by CloudNyne1234
#49 Aug 09 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
I'm having a hard time trying to get past the splash screen for this benchmark. I am able to run the beta for this game well. The splash screen comes up and shuts down a couple seconds later. Even the settings does the same when I open it to try and change anything. Any help out there?
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#50 Aug 09 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Try to right click the icon and run as administrator.

Edit: I just noticed. Holy mother of necro. lul

Btw, I hope you're using the newest benchmark and not the one from 3 years ago.


Edited, Aug 9th 2013 1:39pm by Threx
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)