Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Beta servers going 24/7Follow

#1 Jul 28 2010 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
According to the official Twitter, beta is entering "Phase 2" and will start 24/7 operation today. Seems to be a good sign, no? What say you all, yay, so, meh?



http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN
#2 Jul 28 2010 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I hope Phase 2 == More invites sent.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Jul 28 2010 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
Finally.
#4 Jul 28 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Wint wrote:
I hope Phase 2 == More invites sent.


Pretty much what i'm thinking to. But considering they're moving into full 24/7 servers surely that means things are going well.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 10:10am by Ipwnrice
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#5 Jul 28 2010 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
372 posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the next lot of invites are sent out by friday :)
#6 Jul 28 2010 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,708 posts
Given that many german and french site has 100-7k beta keys to give away..yeah new invites are a given.
____________________________

#7 Jul 28 2010 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#8 Jul 28 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Good
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.


Yeah I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I had a ton of fun beta'ing FFXI for the PS2, even submitted a few bugs, was hoping to do so again Smiley: frown
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Jul 28 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
Sephrick wrote:
According to the official Twitter, beta is entering "Phase 2" and will start 24/7 operation today. Seems to be a good sign, no? What say you all, yay, so, meh?



http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN



*twitch*...


What a way to start my morning Smiley: grin


Wint, your avatar.... LOL Smiley: king *edit* My 1,666th post was about Evil Brimley. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 9:02am by Osarion
#10 Jul 28 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Sephrick wrote:
According to the official Twitter, beta is entering "Phase 2" and will start 24/7 operation today. Seems to be a good sign, no? What say you all, yay, so, meh?



http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN



*twitch*...


What a way to start my morning Smiley: grin


Wint, your avatar.... LOL Smiley: king *edit* My 1,666th post was about Evil Brimley. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 9:02am by Osarion


LOL.

I'm still deciding on a good one, it seems hard to find something truly original and funny anymore, so I'm going back through my archive to see what I've saved on my hard drive. This one tickled me this week, so I uploaded it.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#11 Jul 28 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
Sounds good, must mean stress testing has been a success to this point and they're taking the next step. Hopefully as people have said, this will mean more beta invites, as I'd love to get in and start killing bugs (of the technical kind...).
#12 Jul 28 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Wint wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Sephrick wrote:
According to the official Twitter, beta is entering "Phase 2" and will start 24/7 operation today. Seems to be a good sign, no? What say you all, yay, so, meh?



http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN



*twitch*...


What a way to start my morning Smiley: grin


Wint, your avatar.... LOL Smiley: king *edit* My 1,666th post was about Evil Brimley. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 9:02am by Osarion


LOL.

I'm still deciding on a good one, it seems hard to find something truly original and funny anymore, so I'm going back through my archive to see what I've saved on my hard drive. This one tickled me this week, so I uploaded it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDCMYYmYU8
#13 Jul 28 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Wint wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Sephrick wrote:
According to the official Twitter, beta is entering "Phase 2" and will start 24/7 operation today. Seems to be a good sign, no? What say you all, yay, so, meh?



http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN



*twitch*...


What a way to start my morning Smiley: grin


Wint, your avatar.... LOL Smiley: king *edit* My 1,666th post was about Evil Brimley. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 9:02am by Osarion


LOL.

I'm still deciding on a good one, it seems hard to find something truly original and funny anymore, so I'm going back through my archive to see what I've saved on my hard drive. This one tickled me this week, so I uploaded it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDCMYYmYU8


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eApR0PFP50
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#14 Jul 28 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
I say yay.
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#15 Jul 28 2010 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Touche Mikhalia...yours is creepy though...
#16 Jul 28 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Touche Mikhalia...yours is creepy though...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFJ_q7J8gs&feature=related

:)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#17 Jul 28 2010 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
162 posts
hope they wont find a showstopper server-side memory leak!

#18 Jul 28 2010 at 11:11 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
MrBarjavel wrote:
hope they wont find a showstopper server-side memory leak!



I feel horrible for saying this... but would Alzheimer's be considered a memory leak?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#19 Jul 28 2010 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
MrBarjavel wrote:
hope they wont find a showstopper server-side memory leak!



I feel horrible for saying this... but would Alzheimer's be considered a memory leak?


Alzheimer's would be like having a bad power supply that causes your hard drive, memory, and processor all to slowly go bad as well.

My grandmother died after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. By the end she spent half her time terrified and confused, and the other half blissfully ignorant. All of her memories were deeply altered and she had no ability to remember a conversation that happened even 10 minutes earlier so you had to remind her constantly about what you were doing and why.

I don't imagine there are any "easy" terminal diseases, but Alzheimer's is really rough.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 2:05pm by KarlHungis
#20 Jul 28 2010 at 12:38 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,614 posts
PS3 testing was planned to start alongside beta 2, but I'm guessing that's been delayed.

This is the most recent info on the beta schedule:

Quote:
In the first phase, we have a version that will incorporate feedback from our alpha testers who will, hopefully available this week. At first, it will resemble the alpha test phase, in the sense that each test session lasted four hours.
But if things go well, the beta 2 will follow shortly, which will allow players to access the game 24 hours 24. Then, hopefully, by early August, we will open the beta test phase 3 which will remain operational until the game launches

JeuxOnLine: It will be open?

Tanaka: No, closed.

JeuxOnLine: There will be no open beta?

Tanaka: After Phase 3 of the beta, we have an open beta will be available just before the release of the game, but we can not guarantee this last phase opened.

I haven't heard any explanation of what Phase 3 means.
#21 Jul 28 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
162 posts
phase 3 will probably be same as phase 2 just with a lot more people in it to stress-test.

#22 Jul 28 2010 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Yeah, I'm guessing that Phase 3 means when the beta is running 24/7 and/or when they send out the third wave of invites.
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#23 Jul 28 2010 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
**
577 posts
Quote:
Yeah, I'm guessing that Phase 3 means when the beta is running 24/7 and/or when they send out the third wave of invites.


Um... Phase 2 is 24/7. So... the latter.
____________________________
"So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
Evil, be thou my good."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost

Download Eorzea Clock for your android phone! Available FREE on the Android Market now!
#24 Jul 28 2010 at 2:21 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
MrBarjavel wrote:
hope they wont find a showstopper server-side memory leak!



I feel horrible for saying this... but would Alzheimer's be considered a memory leak?


Alzheimer's would be like having a bad power supply that causes your hard drive, memory, and processor all to slowly go bad as well.

My grandmother died after a long struggle with Alzheimer's. By the end she spent half her time terrified and confused, and the other half blissfully ignorant. All of her memories were deeply altered and she had no ability to remember a conversation that happened even 10 minutes earlier so you had to remind her constantly about what you were doing and why.

I don't imagine there are any "easy" terminal diseases, but Alzheimer's is really rough.

Edited, Jul 28th 2010 2:05pm by KarlHungis


The term -memory- leak was a bad pun.

Regardless, I had a relative who had Alzheimer's as well; a great aunt. I agree with you that it's pretty rough to go through. If I had to pick between forgetting everything and everyone or being in massive pain and being aware of it... I really don't know which one would be worse. My grandparents didn't have Alzheimer's, but one of my grandmothers did have a touch of dementia on the way out. It was pretty rough too. Regardless, you have my condolences.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#25 Jul 28 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
I imagine at some point we'll see more beta keys out. They're going to want to see just how many folks they can fit on one 24 hour server sooner or later.
#26 Jul 28 2010 at 7:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Given that Wednesday was the first beta window that didn't get canceled or cut short and they called it a success, I wouldn't go all nutso yet...
____________________________


#27 Jul 28 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
i have given up my hope on beta invites
coz i didnt even build my pc yet, only ordered the P/S...
____________________________
モスタル


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)