Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

music in FFXIVFollow

#1 Aug 05 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
I hope the music on FFXIV is going to PWN FFXI's music (which I thought was annoying and had turned off most of the time) - I want the music to have the solid epic feel of other final fantasy titles
#2 Aug 05 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
441 posts
So far from what I've heard, sounds very good, especially like the "Victory" music when ya finish a mission.
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#3 Aug 05 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
yeah! I am glad they brought back the classic victory music
#4 Aug 05 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?
#5 Aug 05 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
441 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?


i'm about 50/50 on those tracks so far...
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#6 Aug 05 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
*
243 posts
I haven't seen anything on this - nor have I really looked I guess - but I am wondering if they did a live recording of the in-game music or if they used midi again. Even though sampling has made leaps and bounds I still hope they took the time to have it professionally recorded.
____________________________
75BST | 75BLM

SE put the gods on islands or indoors so beastmasters would'nt solo them.
#7 Aug 05 2010 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Overall I like the 6 tracks on the website a lot more than most of the FFXI music. It has a way more orchestral feel than a lot of FFXI music did. I am not a huge fan of track 4, love track 5. Love track 5 a lot. Track 6 is great too.

However track 5 is hot.
#8 Aug 05 2010 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Zarovich wrote:
I haven't seen anything on this - nor have I really looked I guess - but I am wondering if they did a live recording of the in-game music or if they used midi again. Even though sampling has made leaps and bounds I still hope they took the time to have it professionally recorded.


This. I want it to have that warm feeling that a really good recording has.
#9 Aug 05 2010 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Olorinus wrote:
yeah! I am glad they brought back the classic victory music


They brought it back for XI, it was just the short version, and XI had beautiful music for a lot of areas since they were more fitting to the surroundings than style of music, e.g listen to Thunder of the March (Bastok[S]. XIV's music is going to be an acquired taste since it's more 'newage' style from Nobuo.
____________________________

#10 Aug 05 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
*
68 posts
http://www.zam.com/wiki/Yew_(RoM_Object)
- 2nd word

+

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=4371
- 1st word
____________________________
FFXI- (long)Retired: 75 WAR/DRG/SAM SJ PLD/NIN
WoW- Retired: 90 Tank monk, 90 Tank Druid, 85 Tank DK, 85 Tank War, 85 everything else.
(I love to tank)
#11 Aug 05 2010 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
691 posts
Square Enix has contracted their old music wizard for this game Nobuo Uematsu, as apposed to the in house artist they used for FFXI, Naoshi Mizuta. Both artists are technically spectacular in their respective fields of music, Uematsu-san has the advantage of years and legions of fans behind him however. Him and his team are 100% responsible for the music to be produced for FFXIV. If you are not familiar with Nobuo Uematsu's work, I suggest you look into music from FFI through FFX, then The Black Mages, Uematsu-san's personal band, in which he remixes his own songs for a more rock feel. From what we have heard so far, I would expect FFXIV's music to be a blend of his classical big band works from FFI-FFX, and his more electric powered small band music from his experience with The Black Mages.

I believe it will come down to a matter of preference between Nobuo Uematsu's music, or Naoshi Mizuta's music. Both have merit. Personally I find Uematsu-san's tone to be richer in general, while Mizuta-san's work has better atmosphere, in my mind both are tied in the area of music with vocal accompaniment; Uematsu-san's work with FFVIII Eye's On Me and Melodies of Life are some of my favorite pieces, but Mizuta-san's Distant Worlds holds a place in my heart as the best Final Fantasy theme, just for over-all orchestration.

Edited, Aug 5th 2010 1:36pm by Hulan
#12 Aug 05 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
Nobuo Uematsu is one of the reasons I have high hopes for this game. The music for the SNES Final Fantasy games was so-bloody good for such a restricted format...
#13 Aug 05 2010 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
256 posts
have you not heard the battle music for ffxiv? absolutely horrible. It sounds really corny with the electric guitar riffs, which sucks b/c the battle music is the most important music imo... but oh well, maybe i'll get used to it.
____________________________
*Retired :: August 2002 - December 2005*
Raion
Ragnarok Server
Linkshells: DigitalBackSpin, DBSDynamis, CKofVD
PLD75-WAR45-RDM30-BLM30-WHM25-NIN25-THF25-RNG10-BST9
Goldsmith 85, Blacksmith 30
#14 Aug 05 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
*
51 posts
is there a specific video that has the battle music? Or can I just youtube it and search "FF XIV battle music"?
#15 Aug 05 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
I mute the sound on the website (nothing more annoying than web pages playing music), but as far as your question, as mentioned, I have two words that answer your question succinctly; Nobuo Uematsu. The master himself :)
#16 Aug 05 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Nobuo Uematsu is one of the reasons I have high hopes for this game. The music for the SNES Final Fantasy games was so-bloody good for such a restricted format...


Yep..though I liked Kenji Ito's stuff more with the restricted nature of the super famicom heh

Romancing SaGa 3 Battle Music (If you never heard his stuff before), but from what I heard of XIV's stuff it will be good no doubt.
____________________________

#17 Aug 05 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I like the battle music... lol - but since it is still under NDA we ought not to chat too much about it I am guessing.
#18 Aug 05 2010 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
351 posts
The new Chocobo theme is the best yet. Gives a great sense of adventure. :) I also adore track 4 (the piano melody).
____________________________
Quote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
This may quite possibly be the most epicly failed anti-antitroll trolling attempt.
#19 Aug 05 2010 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
While not all of the music was great in XI, I wouldn't completely trash it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGUmnrkYi8&feature=related
Sanctuary of Zi'tah music was awesome, I'd find reasons to hang out & farm there...

Though the idea of Uematsu doing XIV's soundtrack is awesome too, lots of old school memories, for me, I only need to think of the chrono trigger music to know this is a great idea, I actually have that music on cd that I play in the car once in a while = P
#20 Aug 05 2010 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
TwistedOwl wrote:
Though the idea of Uematsu doing XIV's soundtrack is awesome too, lots of old school memories, for me, I only need to think of the chrono trigger music to know this is a great idea, I actually have that music on cd that I play in the car once in a while = P


Have you heard any of the music from the Distant Worlds concert(s)? Amazing... I really hope they come back to Seattle... I missed them the last time Smiley: bah I'd even drive down to Portland for it lol.
#21 Aug 05 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,673 posts
Really love the music from the Final Fantasy games. If you are feeling adventurous, check out the Black Mages. Some pretty cool stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Mages
#22 Aug 05 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
107 posts
I actually love Mizuta's works a lot. Uematsu has great tracks from previous FFs, but I'm really not feeling the FFXIV songs I've heard.
____________________________
We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland
#23 Aug 05 2010 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
6 posts
FFXI had some great music! And what I've heard from FFXIV, I love it. I don't think Nobou can fail.
#24 Aug 05 2010 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
163 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?


I actually liked them alot more then the music from 11. Most of the time I had it turned off. Altho I did enjoy the Music they played in towns during the Starfestival. Always remineded me of when I first started playing 11 which was during the festival. Loved the fireworks too. wooo fireworks in HD, sweet.
____________________________
So I rated you up for no good reason, big deal. Wanna fight about it?
#25 Aug 05 2010 at 1:03 PM Rating: Excellent
RSquires wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?


I actually liked them alot more then the music from 11. Most of the time I had it turned off. Altho I did enjoy the Music they played in towns during the Starfestival. Always remineded me of when I first started playing 11 which was during the festival. Loved the fireworks too. wooo fireworks in HD, sweet.


That's a good point. I loved the music played in towns during Summerfest. I really hope SE brings back seasonal events in XIV.

I know there were some when XI was released for PC in NA, but does anyone remember specifically (I was there but don't remember) if things like Halloween or Christmas events were there from the start? Or did that take a year or two?
#26 Aug 05 2010 at 1:13 PM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?


Tracks 1-3 to me seem like music that goes with initial setup through menus (maybe its just me but it really seems like it), and from that approach I think they are fine, although not my favorite its still pretty good. However tracks 4,5, and 6 are phenomenal. Especially track 4, it plays in my head a good deal thanks to the beta vids i've scoured over the last month or so, and its just fantastic.

Edited, Aug 5th 2010 2:14pm by Ipwnrice
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#27 Aug 05 2010 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
Though the idea of Uematsu doing XIV's soundtrack is awesome too, lots of old school memories, for me, I only need to think of the chrono trigger music to know this is a great idea, I actually have that music on cd that I play in the car once in a while = P


Have you heard any of the music from the Distant Worlds concert(s)? Amazing... I really hope they come back to Seattle... I missed them the last time Smiley: bah I'd even drive down to Portland for it lol.


Right on, epic music that gives you those goosebumps & chills sometimes....it'd probably have to be one **** of a road trip from this little southern town, but well worth it...
#28 Aug 05 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,673 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Have you heard any of the music from the Distant Worlds concert(s)? Amazing... I really hope they come back to Seattle... I missed them the last time Smiley: bah I'd even drive down to Portland for it lol.


I believe I got an email from SE that they were selling a CD of the recordings. I'll have to look into it.
#29 Aug 05 2010 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Geffe wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Have you heard any of the music from the Distant Worlds concert(s)? Amazing... I really hope they come back to Seattle... I missed them the last time Smiley: bah I'd even drive down to Portland for it lol.


I believe I got an email from SE that they were selling a CD of the recordings. I'll have to look into it.


Oh they have, and I own it Smiley: grin You can buy it on Amazon and I think maybe even i-Tunes.


Hearing your favorite FF tunes from 1 all the way up to (when I last heard Distant Worlds music) 11 performed by a full orchestra and choir is nothing short of unbelievable. I heard they're doing XIV music now too.

Apparently, a fellow FF dork proposed to his GF during the Seattle concert's performance of Aeris's theme lol.
#30 Aug 05 2010 at 2:47 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Apparently, a fellow FF dork proposed to his GF during the Seattle concert's performance of Aeris's theme lol.


Yep yep, read that somewhere, made big news :) See how final fantasy touches our geeky lives :)
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#31 Aug 05 2010 at 2:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Apparently, a fellow FF dork proposed to his GF during the Seattle concert's performance of Aeris's theme lol.


Geeze... and i thought i was a geek, think my wife would have told me 'no' if i did that lol
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#32 Aug 05 2010 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Yeah, I don't know...I love Uematsu and all, but I really don't like the battle music. Although things like that do grow on me. And if I'm grinding then it's NPR or my music anyway.

I am glad for the victory theme return though. The other songs I've heard were OK.

I was a fan of FFXI's music (as someone mentioned Zi'Tah was good, Rollanberry Fields was good, I actually liked Jeuno's theme). Though I don't know if they are just burned in my memory or if they are actually good. Assuming I don't remember the music from WoW (I don't even think there was any?) I would guess it's the latter.

I hate with a passion the most of the overly orchestrated epic songs (like the ones with choirs and heavy timpani). I like the understated melodies and more video game like music like that in the town of Zozo or the ghost train music in FFVI or even simple town themes.

Regardless, if you're playing a game for 500+ days then at some point the music will start to get annoying.




Edited, Aug 5th 2010 5:07pm by Kierk
#33 Aug 05 2010 at 3:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
The battle music reminds me of FFX for some reason. I like the music itself, just don't know if it fits the atmosphere of FFXIV.
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#34 Aug 05 2010 at 3:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
I just want some decent in town music while im crafting a lot, i liked Sanctuary of Zi'Tha (sp) music in XI
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#35 Aug 05 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
The music has an old school FF feel to it for sure. Mix that in with the newer Uematsu Black Mages style and it sounds great. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to listen to it, this being an MMO and all, but I certainly hope they hire him to do the music for the expansions as well.
#36 Aug 05 2010 at 5:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,246 posts
I'm still undecided. Alone the OST is a masterpiece. In game...well hmm, it's hard to tell, there's only a whole of 3-4 tracks in the Beta. I definitely wouldn't have pegged the starter city track as the one it currently is...it feels out of place.
____________________________
Meowth!
#37 Aug 05 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
**
284 posts
Final fantasy xi had some pretty decent tracks for the most part. We all have our favs. FFxiv has some what I call non traditional ff music and youtube has 72 tracks. I admit i didnt listen to them all in full as I was searching for the music that accompanied the latest official ffxiv channel video. It is track 66 if anyone else found that they also enjoyed it.
#38 Aug 05 2010 at 8:41 PM Rating: Good
Hulan wrote:
I believe it will come down to a matter of preference between Nobuo Uematsu's music, or Naoshi Mizuta's music. Both have merit. Personally I find Uematsu-san's tone to be richer in general, while Mizuta-san's work has better atmosphere, in my mind both are tied in the area of music with vocal accompaniment; Uematsu-san's work with FFVIII Eye's On Me and Melodies of Life are some of my favorite pieces, but Mizuta-san's Distant Worlds holds a place in my heart as the best Final Fantasy theme, just for over-all orchestration.


It's my understanding that Distant Worlds was written and composed by Uematsu...seeing as it's the current name for the tour with Arnie Roth.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
#39 Aug 05 2010 at 8:48 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
really loved the music in ffxi can't wait to hear ffxiv's music
#40 Aug 08 2010 at 12:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
18 posts
I love FFXI's music, I'm sure FFXIV's will be great.

Edited, Aug 8th 2010 2:03pm by Fizzlewink
____________________________
Begin at the beginning
and go on till you come to the end:
then stop.
#41 Aug 08 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Default
*****
11,539 posts
I'm looking forward to XIV but I still don't like the electric guitar riffs in the battle theme. It just doesn't feel like it fits.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#42 Aug 08 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
351 posts
Quote:
I'm looking forward to XIV but I still don't like the electric guitar riffs in the battle theme. It just doesn't feel like it fits


I agree completely. It comes across as incredibly cheesy and outdated, instead of epic like it should. But hey, guess Uematsu was going for some variety in sound. /shrug
____________________________
Quote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
This may quite possibly be the most epicly failed anti-antitroll trolling attempt.
#43 Aug 08 2010 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
*
243 posts
Probably going to get bombed for this, but the use of synthasizer and over-ride guitar just is disappointing to me. For over twenty some years the vast majority of games have been forced to use electronic sounds and loops due to storage. Now we are at a point where you have an entire symphonic orchestra at your fingertips and we end up with something akin to Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Oh well, the melodies themselves aren't too bad and here is hopeing for some more interesting orchestration!

Edited, Aug 8th 2010 2:35pm by ZarovichGaruda
____________________________
75BST | 75BLM

SE put the gods on islands or indoors so beastmasters would'nt solo them.
#44 Aug 08 2010 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
I didn't mind the guitars but maybe I just listened to too much led zeppelin and Smashing Pumpkins as a teenager
#45 Aug 08 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against electric guitar; I love The Black Mages. I just don't think that electric guitars fit the theme of XIV.

Tactics/Tactics Advance and XII had really nice soundtracks that would fit well alongside XI in terms of MMORPG-style music.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#46 Aug 08 2010 at 11:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
RSquires wrote:
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
What did you think of the 6 selections available so far on the main xiv page?


I actually liked them alot more then the music from 11. Most of the time I had it turned off. Altho I did enjoy the Music they played in towns during the Starfestival. Always remineded me of when I first started playing 11 which was during the festival. Loved the fireworks too. wooo fireworks in HD, sweet.


That's a good point. I loved the music played in towns during Summerfest. I really hope SE brings back seasonal events in XIV.

I know there were some when XI was released for PC in NA, but does anyone remember specifically (I was there but don't remember) if things like Halloween or Christmas events were there from the start? Or did that take a year or two?


Christmas event was there from the first Christmas of the NA release. I had a friend who started playing with the PS-2 NA release, and one of the very first things I gave him was the Santa's Sleigh firework that was a minor reward from the event.

Edit: On topic, I liked FFXI's music better than most of what I've heard from FFXIV. The battle music especially has the cheesy guitar riffs, but the rest of it is some what hit or miss as well.

Edited, Aug 9th 2010 1:29am by KarlHungis
#47 Aug 09 2010 at 12:26 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
In my experience and opinion, XI's best music was hidden away.

Sanctuary of Zi'tah, Altepa Desert, Al'taieu, Hall of the Gods, Divine Might, the final CoP and AU missions.

The ambient music in the general zones like the cities and the areas around them was nice, but the music that really gets you is the music that you have to work for.

Even a manly man will shed a tear at Memoria de la S^tono. Just one though.

Perhaps XIV is the same; there's a ton of music in it, we won't see it for 3-4 months though.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#48 Aug 09 2010 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
In my experience and opinion, XI's best music was hidden away.

Sanctuary of Zi'tah, Altepa Desert, Al'taieu, Hall of the Gods, Divine Might, the final CoP and AU missions.

The ambient music in the general zones like the cities and the areas around them was nice, but the music that really gets you is the music that you have to work for.

Even a manly man will shed a tear at Memoria de la S^tono. Just one though.

Perhaps XIV is the same; there's a ton of music in it, we won't see it for 3-4 months though.


You're probably right about that...once the tougher areas are explored we may find some gems out there. Can't base it on the music of the starting cities and the area right outside.

I thought Ronfaure's music was decent for a beginning zone...
#49 Aug 09 2010 at 12:43 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
In my experience and opinion, XI's best music was hidden away.

Sanctuary of Zi'tah, Altepa Desert, Al'taieu, Hall of the Gods, Divine Might, the final CoP and AU missions.

The ambient music in the general zones like the cities and the areas around them was nice, but the music that really gets you is the music that you have to work for.

Even a manly man will shed a tear at Memoria de la S^tono. Just one though.

Perhaps XIV is the same; there's a ton of music in it, we won't see it for 3-4 months though.


You're probably right about that...once the tougher areas are explored we may find some gems out there. Can't base it on the music of the starting cities and the area right outside.

I thought Ronfaure's music was decent for a beginning zone...


Ronfaure, Gustaberg, and Sarutabaruta were all good themes, I do agree.

Overall, XI had a spectacular soundtrack. As I've said, my only gripe about XIV is the non sequitur electric guitar riffs.

Dislike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNYeAjYG1D0
Dislike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISbdkBWZrA
Pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPEDFKjA1PA
Pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6KjB2HGss
Very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbR5OWNTvPA
Classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hvOVdPHA2o

And even the first two wouldn't be so bad if they took out the **** electric guitar or replaced it with something more classical like a violin or piano.

Again, it's not that I dislike the tracks themselves, I just don't feel like they fit the theme of the game.

Edited, Aug 9th 2010 2:49am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#50 Aug 09 2010 at 1:32 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts

I couldn't stop myself from grinning ear to ear when I heard this. Thank you Mikhalia!
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#51 Aug 10 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
You know, I think some of my favorite FF music came from FF8. I knew when I played it that the music was one of my favorite parts about it. A lot of people hate on it, but overall it's one of my favorite FFs.

If anyone remembers the town Fisherman's Horizon, you might also remember the music that played in it. The Distant Worlds concert did Fisherman's Horizon, and the difference from the in-game music to orchestral w/ choir is amazing.

For those interested:


Fisherman's Horizon (FF8 - Before) <--- listen first

now:

Fisherman's Horizon (Distant Worlds - After)
The choir accompaniment makes this piece one of my absolute favorite FF pieces ever, particularly around 2:50


« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)