Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Beta Giveaway Extended to Aug 14thFollow

#52 Aug 10 2010 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
Guru
***
1,673 posts
Frebaut wrote:
Pikko can you say why its being extended? I know you said so more can have a chance at winning but thier has to be more. Did SE also state that you cannot say how many Keys are going to be given away?




Wint wrote:
Checking on Eorzeapedia's site, sounds like they don't have the codes yet. Perhaps Zam is just keeping it open until they have them?

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5416
#53 Aug 10 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
351 posts
Not only do we have to wait longer, but our chances of winning are now that much slimmer? :'(
____________________________
Quote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
This may quite possibly be the most epicly failed anti-antitroll trolling attempt.
#54 Aug 10 2010 at 3:26 PM Rating: Default
16 posts
Just a big slap in the face, turned into something that sound good.. Longer registration = more entries = less chance to win

:( cant see how they are happy to announce such a bad news
____________________________
Tarutaru dance
#55 Aug 10 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
743 posts
Maybe they need more time to filter the socks?

Edited, Aug 10th 2010 3:31pm by AngusX
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#56 Aug 10 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
I guess we just have to sit back and hope for the best. Hopefully everything will be explained once the contest is over.
#57 Aug 10 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
*
126 posts
Quote:
Really disappointed that no one has posted this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4



lol I could only handle about 30 seconds of that.
#58 Aug 10 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Quote:

Really disappointed that no one has posted this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4

lol I could only handle about 30 seconds of that.


I like the one called "Real Estate Downfall" on YouTube.
#59 Aug 10 2010 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
AngusX wrote:
Maybe they need more time to filter the socks?

Edited, Aug 10th 2010 3:31pm by AngusX


Ohh this answer I like best! Hopefully this may be the case. It could also have to do with the current beta testers that are out there. Some of the shenaningans that some of the have been up to is prob hard to weed through as well. They have to download patches and log in, maybe they aren't getting up to speed quick enough. Possibly after they do a head count from all that they will have more keys? See now that would be a bright side, but it's all wishful thinking at this point.

We will all just have to wait and see, and hope there is a bright side no matter what form it comes in.

____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#60 Aug 10 2010 at 7:00 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
375 posts
I was ready to post all happy about one day being left and ask who else was excited..... and I see this..
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#61 Aug 10 2010 at 8:58 PM Rating: Decent
In an interesting turn of events, some of the FFXIV news/fan sites that are participating in the golden ticket beta key giveaway for Willy Wonka XIV are now reporting extensions. Most will have already seen Alla extended to until the 14th. However, in addition to Alla, Core is reporting that they, under orders from Square, are extending until the 16th. Interestingly, Blue Gartr, in their true fashion, posted this lovely bit: "You get access to the site on the day your designated to test and that is 13th. Any additional topics made will be met with thunderbans. tl;dr LERN 2 REED". No addendum mentioning contest extension posted by Eorzeapedia yet, with their timeline listing the 11th as their key distribution day. While it's obvious that Square would want to stagger logins to the newly updated Beta - to stave off possible server meltdown; with existing testers going first (about 45 minutes ago) and with some supposition on my part, I'd posit that the lineup is as follows: 1) Eorzeapedia 2) Blue Gartr 3) Alla and 4) FFXIV Core.

Sorry for the wall of text, i just found it all very interesting. As you were.
#62 Aug 10 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Commander Crissaegrim wrote:
In an interesting turn of events, some of the FFXIV news/fan sites that are participating in the golden ticket beta key giveaway for Willy Wonka XIV are now reporting extensions. Most will have already seen Alla extended to until the 14th. However, in addition to Alla, Core is reporting that they, under orders from Square, are extending until the 16th. Interestingly, Blue Gartr, in their true fashion, posted this lovely bit: "You get access to the site on the day your designated to test and that is 13th. Any additional topics made will be met with thunderbans. tl;dr LERN 2 REED". No addendum mentioning contest extension posted by Eorzeapedia yet, with their timeline listing the 11th as their key distribution day. While it's obvious that Square would want to stagger logins to the newly updated Beta - to stave off possible server meltdown; with existing testers going first (about 45 minutes ago) and with some supposition on my part, I'd posit that the lineup is as follows: 1) Eorzeapedia 2) Blue Gartr 3) Alla and 4) FFXIV Core.

Sorry for the wall of text, i just found it all very interesting. As you were.


I'd posit that a more likely explanation is that every site is simply waiting on keys, and they're all basically just guessing at when they'll have them or won't have them.

Otherwise, it seems rather passive-aggressive that no one on any site has shared any more information than they have.
#63 Aug 10 2010 at 9:22 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
I'd posit that a more likely explanation is that every site is simply waiting on keys, and they're all basically just guessing at when they'll have them or won't have them.

Otherwise, it seems rather passive-aggressive that no one on any site has shared any more information than they have.


Of course that's certainly possible, I was merely hypothesizing. Smiley: wink
#64 Aug 10 2010 at 10:24 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Admin at Core said they are extending the contest because SE had asked him to. He also said they SE had asked him not to disclose how many keys he was given for contest, that includes now and after the contest. . . Also, from other posts he had made regarding the beta contest, it sounds like he does know how many keys hes giving out. .

I have a feeling SE doesnt want to **** off the NA market; I'm betting the German sites got far more EU beta codes then NA is getting.

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 12:25am by Lernage

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 12:26am by Lernage
#65 Aug 10 2010 at 10:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
it's probably because they are planning some new updates to the beta and want the beta testers for phase 3 to start after the update
____________________________
モスタル


#66 Aug 10 2010 at 11:14 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Seriously though beta 3 is going to be halfway over by the time you get the beta keys to us. August is almost halfway over....
#67 Aug 10 2010 at 11:29 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Razeoul wrote:
Seriously though beta 3 is going to be halfway over by the time you get the beta keys to us. August is almost halfway over....


Well Phase 3 just started today, but yea I'd guess that by the time the contest ends and S-E actually makes with the keys and ZAM actually distributes them, we could be looking at another week easily, and of course most people probably aren't going to get one. I think that's the thing that annoys me about this the most. If I knew I was getting a key in a week I guess I'd be more patient, but it's the waiting and waiting knowing that I probably won't get one that's hard to deal with.

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 1:30am by KarlHungis
#68 Aug 11 2010 at 1:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
I don't think they're staggering anyone. AFAIK, all the NA fansites will get their keys on the same day.
#69 Aug 11 2010 at 2:07 AM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
KarlHungis the Stupendous wrote:
Razeoul wrote:
Seriously though beta 3 is going to be halfway over by the time you get the beta keys to us. August is almost halfway over....


Well Phase 3 just started today, but yea I'd guess that by the time the contest ends and S-E actually makes with the keys and ZAM actually distributes them, we could be looking at another week easily, and of course most people probably aren't going to get one. I think that's the thing that annoys me about this the most. If I knew I was getting a key in a week I guess I'd be more patient, but it's the waiting and waiting knowing that I probably won't get one that's hard to deal with.

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 1:30am by KarlHungis


I was of the same mind at 1st. Then I took a deep breath and came to this realization. On Sept 22, 2010 I will get my CE and it will be a happy joyous day. I feel that anything else will just be gravy on the potatoes.

I'm not saying that it isn't easy to go right back to the omg, omg, just maybe, omg thinking, because it is. I just take that deep breathe and think of 9/22/2010 again. I know this doesn't make it really better, but each day this stuff is delayed, just puts that day that much closer. This is just my positive thinking and it does help, least I have convinced my mind that it does lol.

Of course I along with everyone else would be overjoyed to get the golden beta ticket, and it goes without saying the sooner the better. :)

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 4:09am by Tolerance4u
____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#70 Aug 12 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
246 posts
Pikko wrote:
I don't think they're staggering anyone. AFAIK, all the NA fansites will get their keys on the same day.


Pikko, is the Beta extension still set for the 14th? I see other sites dates not set to giveaway until the 16th.
#71 Aug 12 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
LordMethos wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I don't think they're staggering anyone. AFAIK, all the NA fansites will get their keys on the same day.


Pikko, is the Beta extension still set for the 14th? I see other sites dates not set to giveaway until the 16th.


I started thinking and maybe this was just a dream I had, who knows lol

The phase 3 beta test started for the beta testers out there already. They will have a week of testing done by the time that these new beta keys are suppossed to become available. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't all the other phases been about a week? I know phase one was longest, but it had lots of downtime.

What I am getting at though is that if a week is usual amount of time they alloting to the test phases, then could it be possible that by 8/14 to 8/16 they will just go open beta? Most ppl have said that they think it's more stress testing servers at this point. The timeframe that will be available to them after that date of 8/14 or 8/16 will be about a month, taking away downtime etc.

My thoughts would be that this would enable them to avoid the start day crashes. It would also keep ppl from being dissappointed, because if it's open beta before that, it's not something you would complain about. This would be a win win for all involved, and I have seen information out there that an open beta is coming.

Maybe like I said this is all just a dream, but it is an interetsing thought regardless.
____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#72 Aug 12 2010 at 12:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
LordMethos wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I don't think they're staggering anyone. AFAIK, all the NA fansites will get their keys on the same day.


Pikko, is the Beta extension still set for the 14th? I see other sites dates not set to giveaway until the 16th.


most likely the contest will end on the 14th, but notification wont happen until after the 16th anyways after they get an amount of keys to know they will give away.
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)