Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Debating over BetaFollow

#1 Aug 10 2010 at 1:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
27 posts
Hello, I'm new here. I love the site and visited it everyday for last few months to just read any info I could learn about the game.

Anyway, my question is, did anyone debate over whether to sign up for Beta or not like me?

I was actually thinking about waiting until Sept 22nd because I wanted to spend time doing other things before the game comes out, but today, I finally caved, made an account, and signed up for Beta. (Yes, I'm weak)
#2 Aug 10 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,159 posts
Truth is I don't buy games anymore unless I've already played them. I've been burned by too many sub-par games in the last few years that I just don't trust any anymore. So unless I get into beta or SE otherwise has some sort of free trial I am not going to be playing at all.

There was no debate in my mind whether or not I wanted to join the beta.
#3 Aug 10 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Excellent
**
473 posts
Its alright most of us here on the forum have signed up for the beta.


For me its just to get a feel for the game when it comes out and so
i can plan my leveling path and also have an idea on the starting guests.

Too bad i am not in the beta, so that plan was a bit of a fail.

Welcome to the forums and ff community ^^
#4 Aug 10 2010 at 1:37 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
I debated on signing up for the Beta like a crackhead debates selling off your TV for a fix.

I'm just glad there's no (as of yet) Rehab for someone to send me to after a bogus intervention.
____________________________

FFXI - LordDVS <Bismarck> BLU75 DRK75 SAM75 BST75 PLD75


#5 Aug 10 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Decent
18 posts
I would very much like to 'demo' the game before dropping $75 on the Collector's Edition (which I, and presumably most of everyone here preordered). While the benchmarking application is great, for those of us with borderline benchmarks (24xx on High - curse my SLI GTS 250s), I would like to see how well it handles the game in real-gaming situations.
#6 Aug 10 2010 at 1:42 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I didn't hesitate to sign up. I enjoy beta testing and reporting back things I find and making suggestions on how to better a game.
#7 Aug 10 2010 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Yogtheterrible wrote:
Truth is I don't buy games anymore unless I've already played them. I've been burned by too many sub-par games in the last few years that I just don't trust any anymore. So unless I get into beta or SE otherwise has some sort of free trial I am not going to be playing at all.

There was no debate in my mind whether or not I wanted to join the beta.


You played Fable 2 as well? = D

I made the genius choice of choosing that over Fallout 3 @ the time...I probably pick on F2 a bit too much because I did enjoy it for what it was...it just could've been so much better, and it felt like I just paid 60 bucks to beta test at times...

Anyway, yeah I'd love to be in the beta but am willing to wait if I must...

Edited, Aug 10th 2010 3:54pm by TwistedOwl
#8 Aug 10 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Good
**
791 posts
LordDVS wrote:
I debated on signing up for the Beta like a crackhead debates selling off your TV for a fix.

I'm just glad there's no (as of yet) Rehab for someone to send me to after a bogus intervention.


As a matter of fact....
____________________________


#9 Aug 10 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Quote:
Truth is I don't buy games anymore unless I've already played them. I've been burned by too many sub-par games in the last few years that I just don't trust any anymore.


^
Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Aion, Shadowbane, Vanguard, Guild Wars Trilogy . . Hmm I was disappointed with just about every MMO/MMOesque other than FFXI and World of Warcraft. I bought every game I just listed :(
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#10 Aug 10 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
BottlecapBandit wrote:
LordDVS wrote:
I debated on signing up for the Beta like a crackhead debates selling off your TV for a fix.

I'm just glad there's no (as of yet) Rehab for someone to send me to after a bogus intervention.


As a matter of fact....


Wow, that's awful...I can't stand 12step crap to begin with, but wow...teaching him to break the addiction to video games so he can be "normal"...pfft...what's normal? That kind of disgusts me...paying someone to teach you how to become some douchebag automaton that's more socially acceptable. And for $14.5k? Imagine the kind of computer you could buy...

Edited, Aug 10th 2010 4:10pm by TwistedOwl
#11 Aug 10 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
**
791 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
BottlecapBandit wrote:
LordDVS wrote:
I debated on signing up for the Beta like a crackhead debates selling off your TV for a fix.

I'm just glad there's no (as of yet) Rehab for someone to send me to after a bogus intervention.


As a matter of fact....


Wow, that's awful...I can't stand 12step crap to begin with, but wow...teaching him to break the addiction to video games so he can be "normal"...pfft...what's normal? And for $14.5k? Imagine the kind of computer you could buy...


You could build a computer that would get no lag whatsoever in FFXIV and still have enough money left over to buy a bunch of hot pockets and beer!
____________________________


#12 Aug 10 2010 at 2:14 PM Rating: Decent
*
201 posts
I would say as long as you at least attempt to actually report bugs and provide feedback to SE, then I would sign up.

BottlecapBandit wrote:
As a matter of fact....


I love how they mention at the end of the article that he's good with young women now. "OMG HE'S GETTING GIRLFRIENDS?? SIGN ME UP!" /sigh
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#13 Aug 10 2010 at 2:38 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
No debate.

I signed up for the beta the moment it was announced.

However given that the release date is a little more than a month away, now, I'd rather just wait.

#14 Aug 10 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
Theirs a Beta for this game?????








J/K..lol
____________________________
BANNED

#15 Aug 10 2010 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
**
327 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
BottlecapBandit wrote:
LordDVS wrote:
I debated on signing up for the Beta like a crackhead debates selling off your TV for a fix.

I'm just glad there's no (as of yet) Rehab for someone to send me to after a bogus intervention.


As a matter of fact....


Wow, that's awful...I can't stand 12step crap to begin with, but wow...teaching him to break the addiction to video games so he can be "normal"...pfft...what's normal? That kind of disgusts me...paying someone to teach you how to become some douchebag automaton that's more socially acceptable. And for $14.5k? Imagine the kind of computer you could buy...

Edited, Aug 10th 2010 4:10pm by TwistedOwl


I'd have to send the person who'd sent me to rehab... to rehab. I know there are rehabs for all types of addictions, and you can be addicted to pretty much anything. The sad thing is society is quickly reinventing the word "Normal", and coming up with new "illness" everyday.

Just please, don't touch my PC. I'll cut ya for real!
____________________________

FFXI - LordDVS <Bismarck> BLU75 DRK75 SAM75 BST75 PLD75


#16 Aug 11 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
312 posts
yongjl0815 wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. I love the site and visited it everyday for last few months to just read any info I could learn about the game.

Anyway, my question is, did anyone debate over whether to sign up for Beta or not like me?

I was actually thinking about waiting until Sept 22nd because I wanted to spend time doing other things before the game comes out, but today, I finally caved, made an account, and signed up for Beta. (Yes, I'm weak)


So, would you say you were a "deBeta"? God, I hope that's funny to you people without Boston accents.

Anyway, welcome to forums!
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#17 Aug 11 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
27 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
#18 Aug 11 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,159 posts
Why exactly was my post subdefaulted? Makes no sense, my comment was neither inflammatory nor offensive. I simply stated my bad luck with recent games, MMOs and otherwise, and expressed my desire to test every game I plan to purchase before I buy it. That's just smart.
#19 Aug 11 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Yogtheterrible wrote:
Why exactly was my post subdefaulted? Makes no sense, my comment was neither inflammatory nor offensive. I simply stated my bad luck with recent games, MMOs and otherwise, and expressed my desire to test every game I plan to purchase before I buy it. That's just smart.


Really dont know, acually it isnt any more got ya back to default with a rated up, its true for alot of people. dont buy games unless ya test them. For 14 it being an online game, if a freind has it, see if they can let ya play a bit and try it out. I buy games myself though :P

*edit* my spelling still sucks :P

Edited, Aug 11th 2010 7:07pm by Puppy1
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)