My apologies to the forum, I've looked for many of these answers and could only find a handful of answers so I'm hoping a more knowledgeable person might share some answers with me.
Ok so in no particular order...Italic Text
- Will there be housing again?
- Are we really "stuck" if the 3rd or 4th guy doesn't do his part of the chain combo?
- why are crafting professions listed as "classes?"
- Are we really limited to 15 people for Raids and large scale battles?
- Are there competitive team games? Like the Rook game or the giant water ball from 12?
- Will the fishing mechanic still be "mini-game" unto itself or be the suck from wow?
- I see "Lancer" has replaced "dragoon" will there be no pet? Or wait for expansion?
- I assume Ninja, Bard, Samurai, Summoner will be in expansions?
- Will there be any large scale raids planned?
- integrated voicechat or still need seperate software like vent?
- If Lancer fights from the 2nd rank, can they use any other weapon? Staff? Bow (or is that too close?)
- Why is the FFXIV website so terrible? It barely shows anything - are there plans for a better website?
- Is the Sept 22 release date still on? How can they release with so many missing functions?
- Will there be linkshell house, stronghold, airship? (DDO has airships), or guild bank/storage?
- Will the rare item/spawn camping be fixed?
I know thats a lot, but I'm really craving more information. I've done searching in the forum but found little bits here and there, most of which is unconfirmed speculation. If you have to flame me go ahead I R noob.
I Like you have many of the same questions if not similar to the ones you have posted.
1. I wonder this myself, seeing as Carpenter is a class and they make furniture I would assume it will be there but want official confirmation.
2. I hope they have chain combos again cause I thought it was fun to do but haven't heard anything whether or not they are included.
3. That is the route they went this time around what I would like to know is if we can max out all of the Crafting Classes this time around or if they are going to restrict it like on XI.
4. I thought Dynamis from XI had a good amount I've never cared to much about mass amounts of people doing stuff I like to see my character doing damage not have 10 bodies blocking my view and just doing whatever I'm supposed to. I would like if they had something like that again.
5. This doesn't matter to me really.
6. I hope they keep it somewhat similar or make it more involved, I'm hoping mining and harvesting are also more involved. Can't wait to learn more.
7. I'm hoping eventually they release some pet jobs since I really enjoy them and I think Summoner should be included since it's been a major FF role for many games in the series. Wouldn't mind seeing others return from XI (Puppetmaster, Beastmaster and Dragoon) I'm thinking maybe an expansion if at all.
8. Ninja, Bard, Samurai, Corsair, Dancer, Scholar, Blue Mage I'm hoping make some form of return to XIV. XI had 4 expansions so I think we could see many ideas added down the road expansion wise I just hope we don't have to wait 2-3 years to see them.
9. Like I said in 4. Hopefully they go with that route and size of group.
10. Voicechat I honestly could care less about. I know many people like it but for me it's frustrating when you get someone who just loves to hear themselves talk which in turn ruins the whole idea of it for me even if the option to mute them is there. I'm content with the good ol keyboard. As far as SE stand on it I think they had said somewhere that it would be to hard to impliment cross platform chat for PS3-PC so it's unlikely.
11. I'm going to go with Polearm types only if you wanted another style of weapon your looking to play another class.
12. I don't like the vid playing all the time in the background and for the most part I didn't think XI had that great of a site so I don't see an amazing site coming out for XIV just my opinion though maybe they will suprise me.
13. As far as I know it is on and I can't wait order computer parts to build my computer just waiting for delivery so I can get it going before the 22nd. I'm super stoked and getting more and more impatient the closer it gets I think Gamescon (if any new info is realeased) is going to make me even more anxious.
14. I think it would be great if they had a Linkshell/Company bank for items and currency could care less about having there own base of operation though pick a city and a place in that city to meet up and there you go.
15. Only thing I would like changed is I want all these items to be rare/ex unless you do BCNM type things. If you can't sell the items the mob will be camped a lot less I think. Most bots/people camped NM's just to make money from the drop. If people want to sell it then they should run a BCNM with some people and test there luck that way and make that version able to be sold.
Other things I want to know about:
1. Missions/Quests/Reputation - Will we have them or is Guildleve the only thing implimented
2. Auction Houses/Economy - I love the idea of the retainers I'm glad SE has implimented that I just want to know if they are still going to include Auction Houses and if they will be Local or Global. I also want to know if junk items will see at a descent amount when sold to a vendor. Gil was somewhat hard to come by in XI which created a huge timesink of farming.
I think that pretty much sums it up there might be more but I can't think of any. As for people saying you had some dumb questions they are things you want to know and they should be a little more polite in there responses. If I think a question is dumb I'm not going to say that's dumb more or less would post that would be up to so and so or some other answer.
Final Fantasy XIV - Server:Rabanastre
Character:Azrael Sykksmoke - Phy.lvl. 11
Final Fantasy XI - Server:Remora
Sykksmoke 75 WAR, 75 PLD, 70 RDM, 60 NIN - Xorn 41 PLD (Retired)
World of Warcraft
Nobunaga 80 Warlock, Kale 80 Death Knight, Dais 80 Hunter
Mitsuhide 80 Paladin, Sykksmoke 80 Warrior
Anubis 80 Death Knight