Whats is the role non DoW classes in battle?
DoM are not that different from DoW role-wise, but are more healer, status and AOE oriented, I guess. Crafters and gatherers have no real role in battle.
I'll try to do these real quick:
* With the character creation can you change anything other than your character's facial features? Such as can you make a character taller or shorter, change the muscle tone, proportions? An example might be some of the customization options found in Aion. You can change leg length, arm length, foot size, waist, bust, etc.
Height- yes. But aside from different race/clans, there are no other differences in body types. Oh, except for what I just said about busts.
* Are there any known benefits from creating a race native to a certain city? In fact is there any information what city is native to what race yet?
No, no known benefits, and apparently no planned benefits. We know what nations are most predominant to certain races, but it's not like XI. All races are pretty equally represented regardless of nation.
* After you create a character is there a "dressing room" option of sorts that allows you to change your hairstyle or color? Basically is there any options to do re-customizations within reason?
No, not yet.
* While it'll likely change, what benefits may there be over choosing one race over another? Are they at this point similar to their FFXI counterparts?
Currently there are no differences. If they do add differences, they have said they will be much smaller than in XI.
* Is there any special method or way certain races speak? Mithra have a habit of rolling their r's and Tarutaru often rhyme or adding "aru" to some words that have t's in them. Do Miqo'te or Lalafell inherit the traits of their counterparts from FFXI? This kind of information could be important for roleplayers before FFXIV goes live.
Less than in XI. More like, Limsans talk like pirates. You can sometimes see a little Taru speak, but it's not every single Lalafell. Overall, races are more homogenized, at least culturally. Naming conventions are mostly the same, except that Roegadyn don't have Galkan names.
* Since you can apparently choose a voice in the customization does this mean our characters speak outside of the usual grunts and yells? And about speech, do NPCs speak in both cutscenes and regular play or is it mostly just a bunch of text?
No, they don't. You character will do grunts, laughs, etc. when you /emote mostly, and that's where the voice comes into play. NPCs only speak in the opening CS so far-- after that, it's all text. Though they did just add a nice text box for NPC chat that's separate from the chat log. I believe they plan to add voicing for all major CSs, but so far the few main quests are not voiced.
* Can you sit in chairs or lay down on beds/floors? As a roleplayer my LS in FFXI would sometimes have us meeting in the bars or taverns around Vana'diel and it kinda sucked having to sit on the floor and just imagine we were sitting on chairs/stools.
You can't sit in chairs. I think there may be an emote to lie on the floor, but I'm not sure.
And now I'm gone for really reals.