I think he was sayign you have to be premium to set an avatar.
I know, but that still does not tell me how I would set my avatar.
Assuming you've paid for premium:
1. Click "Account"
2. Either click on the image where your avatar would normally display, or click "Avatar Selection" below it.
3. Click "Add Image" on the right
4. Upload your image from its location. You might need to do some cropping to get it to fit.
5. After you've uploaded your image, select it in the "Avatar Selection" panel.
6. Voila. Give it a little time, sometimes they don't display for a few minutes. Edited, Aug 13th 2010 7:16pm by Eske