This idea came from Sleepymagi in this thread.
Since I have nothing better to do, I'm currently just entering in all the information into an Excel spreadsheet and hoping I can compile all of it somehow later. I'm kind of a noob at Excel, so it'll be interesting.
Since there's about 3,147 responses in that thread, I'm doing one page of posts at a time using the "Show 100 posts per page" option to divide them up into 32 pages pretty neatly.
If someone would like to help (even just one page), I would really appreciate it and rate you up, too. If you do decide to...:
1. Make sure you turn on the "Show 100 posts per page" option. and go to this thread.
2. Pick out a page to do. I would really appreciate doing whole pages at a time, it can get confusing otherwise. List the page number you're wanting to do in a post in this thread so we know who's doing what. Then, post the data into this thread if you don't mind. Since I'm starting from Page 1 and working my way to the end, you guys can start from the end and work backwards to reduce the chance of overlapping with me. There are 32 pages. Don't worry if there aren't exactly 100 posts in your page. Mikhalia pointed out to me that some of them might be invisible for being invalid posts, so don't worry about it. Just collect data from all the posts that you can see on that one page.
3. This is personally how I'm initially listing them in Excel just to get the information down quickly. I'm using all the shorthand I can just to cut down the time spent recording, but you can do whatever is more comfortable for you.
Column A) Race (listing M, H, R, E, or L for each respective race)
Column B) Tribe (Hyur: Mid or High, Miqo'te: Sun or Moon, Elezen: Wild or Dusk, Lalafell: Plain or Dune, Roegadyn: Sea or ****)
Column C) Gender (Male or Female, applicable to everyone except Miqo'te, Roegadyn, and Highlander Hyurs)
Column D) Class (I am listing them by the first 3 letters of the class or, in case of a conflict, something more fitting, just use your best judgement.)
Column E) Nation (just list G, L, or U for the respective nation)
*If there are multiple answers per category, just go with the first one they said for simplicity's sake.
4. After I do that, then I use Ctrl + F to help me count everything. There are formulas to do that for you, though. I'm just not that savvy with Excel so I'm doing it the old-fashioned way.
5. List the number of posters you got data from and list the names of the posters you start and end with.
6. This is my example of posting data in this thread.
Page 1 – 98 posters Start: Murureru End: Eldiablooo Race, Tribe, Gender Miqo'te: 18 (Seeker of the Sun: 3, Keeper of the Moon: 4, Unspecified: 11) Elezen: 13 (Wildwood: 7, Duskwight: 3, Unspecified: 3) (Male: 1, Female: 0, Unspecified: 12) Lalafell: 28 (Plainsfolk: 2, Dunesfolk: 8, Unspecified: 18) (Male: 3, Female: 0, Unspecified: 25) Hyur: 26 (Midlander: 14, Highlander: 5, Unspecified: 7) *Midlanders only* (Male: 4, Female: 3, Unspecified: 7) Roegadyn: 13 (Sea Wolf: 4, Hellsguard: 5, Unspecified: 4) Class Pugilist: 17 Gladiator: 12 Blacksmith: 1 Thaumaturge: 8 Goldsmith: 1 Botanist: 2 Conjurer: 12 Archer: 9 Lancer: 6 Miner: 5 Marauder: 6 Fisher: 4 Carpenter: 1 Armorer: 0 Leatherworker: 0 Weaver: 0 Alchemist: 0 Culinarian: 1 Unspecified: 13 Nation Limsa Lominsa: 19 Gridania: 59 Ul'dah: 20
If I missed anything, just let me know.
I know that this might be labeled as a waste of time, but that's the point of this for me. Being unemployed (still actively looking for work, believe me, but it's hard right now) and bored, I thought that while I'm doing work around my house, surfing the internet, and listening to music all day, I might as well make my fingers type something while I'm at it.
I'm going to try to do at least one page a day so even if I'm the only one doing this, it'll be done before FFXIV is released.
Page Completion List:
1: Completed by me
2: Completed by me
3: Completed by me
4: *In progress by me*
6: Completed by Tweezle120
20: Completed by Sleepymagi
30: Completed by MokiSunscar
Edited, Aug 19th 2010 8:18am by ShinoHaven