Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV StatsFollow

#1 Aug 16 2010 at 11:54 AM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I can't find any information anywhere on what the stats actually do.

Str - damage I would think
Vit - health + defense
Dex - acc + EVADE??????????????????? (this is the big one, does it effect evade)
mind - ?
int - ?
Piety - ?

If somebody can answer me, ill give cookies

Edited, Aug 16th 2010 1:56pm by mryondaimee
#2 Aug 16 2010 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
I would figure MND and INT are akin to their FFXI equivalents, INT affecting damage of conjurer elemental nukes and MND affecting damage of thaumaturge nukes and cures. Piety... not really sure, seems like it could be a MND replacement? Maybe that's what affects cure potency?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Aug 16 2010 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
bsphil wrote:
I would figure MND and INT are akin to their FFXI equivalents, INT affecting damage of conjurer elemental nukes and MND affecting damage of thaumaturge nukes and cures. Piety... not really sure, seems like it could be a MND replacement? Maybe that's what affects cure potency?


I seem to recall someone suggesting that Piety was intended to affect the amount of bonus received from your god/goddess alignment. I think they also said that it appeared to be broken at present, as no visible bonuses were being accrued.

It would make the most sense for Piety to relate to the gods somehow, though the exact implementation eludes me right now.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#4 Aug 16 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Eske, Star Breaker wrote:
bsphil wrote:
I would figure MND and INT are akin to their FFXI equivalents, INT affecting damage of conjurer elemental nukes and MND affecting damage of thaumaturge nukes and cures. Piety... not really sure, seems like it could be a MND replacement? Maybe that's what affects cure potency?


I seem to recall someone suggesting that Piety was intended to affect the amount of bonus received from your god/goddess alignment. I think they also said that it appeared to be broken at present, as no visible bonuses were being accrued.

It would make the most sense for Piety to relate to the gods somehow, though the exact implementation eludes me right now.


I thought Magic Accuracy as well for piety...
____________________________

#5 Aug 16 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Default
7 posts
All I really wanna know is if DEX effects EVADE

it's very important for pug for example.

if it does not, I will be very disappointed, and hope they add a agility stat
#6 Aug 16 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
JayRams in the Conjurer forum says MND for +magic accuracy:

Source

Found the source I was thinking of for Piety, it was Rjain in the Beta Impressions thread:

Source

Looks like he's taking his best guess. But it would appear that there are already enough magic-related stats, so I'd be willing to put a big wager on Piety affecting some god-related bonus. Rjain says that you gain favor for your god through guildleves, so there's got to be some sort of stat for that, somewhere.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#7 Aug 16 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Ahh, it says it at the Aetheryte.

STR = physical attack 
VIT = physical defense 
DEX = physical accuracy 
INT = magical attack 
MND = magical defense 
PIE = magical accuracy



Edited, Aug 16th 2010 1:10pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Aug 16 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Unless something goes horribly wrong in the lab, I think for most stats, they will work as they have worked for years.

Yeah piety does seem like an outlier right now, but the others seem pretty self explanatory.

Now how these stats work for specific classes is another story. For example in FFXI VIT was said to modify Jump DMG for Dragoon. And I think it was proven that tons of VIT DID make a difference, but that was over a couple of years of testing.

It was also rumored that CHR affected Wyvern DMG. With my own brief studies I couldn't find a link between the two.

I would be interested in the latter; how stats effect abilities/classes in particular.
#9 Aug 16 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Kierk wrote:
Unless something goes horribly wrong in the lab, I think for most stats, they will work as they have worked for years.

Yeah piety does seem like an outlier right now, but the others seem pretty self explanatory.
If you go to the Aetheryte and read the manual there, it tells you exactly what each stat does.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Aug 16 2010 at 12:33 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Is it true what I heard that there will be a 1 hour cooldown before stats can be reallocated - or only a certain amount can be reallocated per in game day? don't remember where I heard that, but I did. Is it in effect or just speculation that it will be in effect?

I wonder how stats will influence crafting jobs...
#11 Aug 16 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
I LOLed at the PIE thing. Is that how it's actually displayed on the Status screen?
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#12 Aug 16 2010 at 3:00 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
The only thing I'm tripping on is... There is an evasion based "tank" class, and there is no stat that increases evasion rate. Huh?
#13 Aug 16 2010 at 3:06 PM Rating: Default
**
782 posts
I kind of always thought that while agility (macro level) and dexterity (micro level) certainty mean two different things they are fairly close and splitting them up in RPGs seemed odd.
#14 Aug 16 2010 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
*
194 posts
Pugilists get a few skills that increase evasion. And some attacks that only trigger after you've evaded an attack. It works out quite well actually :)
____________________________
Among reasonable people, kindness is contagious.
#15 Aug 16 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
Yeah they get skills, but no stats to stack for it =/
#16 Aug 16 2010 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
uomaru wrote:
I LOLed at the PIE thing. Is that how it's actually displayed on the Status screen?
No, but it makes me w.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#17 Aug 16 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#18 Aug 16 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."

Does that mean your Church meetings is held in Final fantasy 14?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#19 Aug 16 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."

Does that mean your Church meetings is held in Final fantasy 14?


San d'Oria -did- have a cathedral.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#20 Aug 16 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."

Does that mean your Church meetings is held in Final fantasy 14?


San d'Oria -did- have a cathedral.


GASP! now that you mention it, didnt i see a cut scene were you were giving a speach about the importance of baked goods?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#21 Aug 17 2010 at 12:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
127 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."


For real? I was told there would be cake in the last game someone convinced me to play...
#22 Aug 17 2010 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Puppy1 wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
"Come play FFXIV. We have PIE."

Does that mean your Church meetings is held in Final fantasy 14?


San d'Oria -did- have a cathedral.


GASP! now that you mention it, didnt i see a cut scene were you were giving a speach about the importance of baked goods?


No, but I do have a clip of myself from the RDM AF quest standing in the CS naked in front of the cathedral on my photobucket.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#23 Oct 08 2010 at 6:01 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
STR = physical attack
VIT = physical defense
DEX = physical accuracy
INT = magical attack
MND = magical defense
PIE = magical accuracy

wouldnt it be possible that dex also boosts ur critical attacks?
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Heero1447, Anonymous Guests (25)