Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

PC USB Controller Available???Follow

#1 Aug 18 2010 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
77 posts
Hi,
I'm just asking a quick question to all the PC beta's out there.
Can you use a USB controller for the PC version?
Or is this not compatible with the games new Hot-Key (wow like) battle system?
Cheers for any help
____________________________
Green Arrow if this helps :P
#2 Aug 18 2010 at 6:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
You can. Most people are using either a 20 dollar phillips gamepad, or an xbox 360 wired usb controller. You can set up the controller in the FFXIV config tool.

P.S. I'm using wired 360 controller, and it's much better than using mouse/keyboard so far, and i used mouse/keyboard for all of FF XI.
____________________________

#3 Aug 18 2010 at 7:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
77 posts
Sweet thanks a lot :)
I just bought a $12 USB PS2 (or PS3 not sure) dual shock game pad controller.
and after reading Gamespot review of the game with the new battle system I was scared I just wasted (even thou its only $12) my money lol
____________________________
Green Arrow if this helps :P
#4 Aug 18 2010 at 7:16 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
There is an issue with using PS controllers with windows 7, but i hear they work ok with other windows versions.
____________________________

#5 Aug 18 2010 at 7:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,151 posts
The wired xbox 360 controllers are very sturdy and work well with windows 7 and xp.

I use to go trough nyko aircontrollers like they were paper towels.

Too bad the xbox 360 isn't as sturdy as the controllers.


#6 Aug 18 2010 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
I use a PS2 (as on the console!) to USB converter and just use any PS2 pad I can get my hands on. Works a treat!
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#7 Aug 18 2010 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
77 posts
cheers for the help guys! :)
cant wait :D so pumped for this game!
Collectors edition pre-ordered as well as some little upgrades to my computer on the way :D
____________________________
Green Arrow if this helps :P
#8 Aug 18 2010 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
*
239 posts
PS3 controllers work well too, but require home-brew drivers so are a bit of a set-up.
#9 Aug 18 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
77 posts
No sure if I'm allowed to post this so I'm sorry if I break a rule
but this is the controller I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320528390909&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4494wt_1137

Has its own drivers and works will with some other games.
____________________________
Green Arrow if this helps :P
#10 Aug 18 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Teneleven wrote:
You can. Most people are using either a 20 dollar phillips gamepad, or an xbox 360 wired usb controller. You can set up the controller in the FFXIV config tool.

P.S. I'm using wired 360 controller, and it's much better than using mouse/keyboard so far, and i used mouse/keyboard for all of FF XI.


Can FFXIV read the shoulder triggers on the 360 controller or is it like FFXI where it doesn't see them without using XBCD?
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#11 Aug 18 2010 at 7:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
You can. Most people are using either a 20 dollar phillips gamepad, or an xbox 360 wired usb controller. You can set up the controller in the FFXIV config tool.

P.S. I'm using wired 360 controller, and it's much better than using mouse/keyboard so far, and i used mouse/keyboard for all of FF XI.


Can FFXIV read the shoulder triggers on the 360 controller or is it like FFXI where it doesn't see them without using XBCD?

Yes. the 360 controller vibration works too. Every time you crit hit it vibrates. You can set all the buttons/triggers. All together it is 22 key binds.
____________________________

#12 Aug 18 2010 at 7:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
550 posts
Every time you crit, it vibrates? Ok I think I want to buy.
____________________________
XI - Draiden 75DRG/75COR (Sylph, Retired 08)


#13 Aug 18 2010 at 7:21 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Oenos wrote:
Every time you crit, it vibrates? Ok I think I want to buy.


If it's like FFXI then the footsteps of "giant" sized monsters will make the controller shake too.

Edited, Aug 18th 2010 10:21pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#14 Aug 18 2010 at 7:27 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Yeah, it's pretty bad *** really lol. Not only does your character do a different animation (my marauder does an upswing followed by a downswing 2 hit combo), but it vibrates too.
____________________________

#15 Sep 03 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
56 posts
I've got my 360 controller plugged in to my XP PC, but FFXIV can't detect it :( Do I need to do something else to get it to work?

Edit: Ah, found out wireless controllers don't work with the charger lead. Time to go shopping!

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 4:52pm by Marmaliser
#16 Sep 03 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Decent
*
103 posts
Using a 360 wireless controller atm, shoulder buttons work fine, they register as axis buttons, but you can map them to whatever you want and they will work just fine. Rumble feature works fine as well.

Anyone using a wireless 360 controller has to get the wireless adapter/reciever thinga ma bobber for their PC, I had a **** of a time finding one and finally just ordered from amazon if I remember correctly.

This be it



Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 5:07pm by Pagansaint
____________________________
Life is to short to waste by being nice to everyone all the time. Have fun, **** a few people off, it's good for your blood pressure and peace of mind.
#17 Sep 03 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Decent
20 posts
Can anyone help with a guide on how to use a PS3 controller on Windows 7 for use with FFXIV?
#18 Sep 03 2010 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
*
103 posts
You can find them here

But I strongly advise against using the PS3 controller on a pc only because the process itself is iffy because they were never intended to actually be compatible with PCs. but good luck none the less.
____________________________
Life is to short to waste by being nice to everyone all the time. Have fun, **** a few people off, it's good for your blood pressure and peace of mind.
#19 Sep 03 2010 at 4:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
835 posts
phillips makes really good gamepads (in the incarnation of SGC2909BB/27 anyways), its a solid built reactive controller :)
____________________________

≠ use it.
#20 Sep 03 2010 at 4:42 PM Rating: Decent
20 posts
Got the ps3 working but i cant get the analog sticks to detect when im moving them for the movement/camera key mapping in teh config
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)