Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Battle Speed To slow?Follow

#1 Aug 19 2010 at 11:59 PM Rating: Good
**
258 posts
Hello everybody, i was reading about the people in beta saying the battle speed is still to slow. i have watched some videos of beta 3 posted on youtube, and the battle speed looks fine. why are people complaining? do they want it like WoW where you just spam attacks every .2 secs?
____________________________
XonX Delahelix


~~Might As Well~~


#2 Aug 20 2010 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
**
845 posts
Comparing this game to wow is new and exciting.
____________________________

#3 Aug 20 2010 at 12:09 AM Rating: Good
**
258 posts
im just saying why are people complaining about the battle speed? it seems like a nice pace to me.. its not to fast and its not to slow.. i do not want to play a FF game where your attacking every 0.02 secs thats just retarded and it would give it a arcade feel. like WoW, FLYFF, Martial heroes, and all those other lame games
____________________________
XonX Delahelix


~~Might As Well~~


#4 Aug 20 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Good
Xbloods wrote:
Hello everybody, i was reading about the people in beta saying the battle speed is still to slow. i have watched some videos of beta 3 posted on youtube, and the battle speed looks fine. why are people complaining? do they want it like WoW where you just spam attacks every .2 secs?


Who's actually complaining about battle speed? You should find those people and ask them.

Battle speed seems fine to me, if any thing it might be a little too fast for healers to handle.
#5 Aug 20 2010 at 12:13 AM Rating: Decent
**
258 posts
[link=http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=23032[/link]

Quote:
•Many players are still requesting faster battles and quicker action, and the developers are working on fulfilling their wishes



whhyyyyy??? :-(
____________________________
XonX Delahelix


~~Might As Well~~


#6 Aug 20 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
I agree I don't want to play a button spammer
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#7 Aug 20 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Decent
**
258 posts
Everything looks great in FFXIV i really hope they dont listen to the fans on this one.
____________________________
XonX Delahelix


~~Might As Well~~


#8 Aug 20 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
***
3,416 posts
The Battle Regimen system is too slow and clunky for the new combat pace. That's what they're probably talking about.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#9 Aug 20 2010 at 12:32 AM Rating: Default
**
258 posts
Quote:
The Battle Regimen system is too slow and clunky for the new combat pace. That's what they're probably talking about.


I Really hope this is what there talking about.
____________________________
XonX Delahelix


~~Might As Well~~


#10 Aug 20 2010 at 12:32 AM Rating: Decent
*
150 posts
wat, no haste gear at level 30?
**** is ridiculous
#11 Aug 20 2010 at 7:06 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I'm a bit surprised at hearing that people still find the battle system too slow. I admit I have only watched youtube videos (No beta accounts for me), but the pace looked pretty good considering that you have to input every regular attacks. I do hope that they were only talking about the battle regiment part.

While I am waiting for TERA also (Planning to play both, baring a surprising dislike of either), I think that trying to make FFXIV as fast as TERA would be a mistake. It's really not the same type of MMO in my opinion...
#12 Aug 20 2010 at 7:09 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Battle speed it fine for me. The only annoying thing is missing 5 times in a row. I haven't messed with battle regimens yet.
#13 Aug 20 2010 at 7:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,151 posts
Get some bone rings or make some for yourself. They are a level 1 goldsmith craft requiring one bone chip. +2 acc/mag acc for each one and you can wear 4 of them.

#14 Aug 20 2010 at 7:31 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
nyopo wrote:
Get some bone rings or make some for yourself. They are a level 1 goldsmith craft requiring one bone chip. +2 acc/mag acc for each one and you can wear 4 of them.



Thanks for the tip. I will look into that.
#15 Aug 20 2010 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
I remember when RPGs didn't have to be action games...good times.
____________________________

#16 Aug 20 2010 at 7:47 AM Rating: Good
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
I remember when RPGs didn't have to be action games...good times.


Yeah, I actually miss turn-based combat. Action games work better for an MMO, I feel, but even single player console RPGs have turned away from turn-based goodness. Developers these days have the mindset that turn-based combat was instilled because of system limitations and newer systems ensure that we'll never have to endure that again. It's a shame, really, because it just means there are so many "RPG"s out there that I won't play. It really kills me as a developer, too, because I have a team that's excited about working on a turn-based RPG with a branching storyline, but couldn't find a lead artist to commit to the project.
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#17 Aug 20 2010 at 8:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
163 posts
Xbloods wrote:
[link=http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=23032[/link]

Quote:
•Many players are still requesting faster battles and quicker action, and the developers are working on fulfilling their wishes



whhyyyyy??? :-(


In the Link they say there is a new benchmark in the making:
"A new version of the benchmark software is under development."

Does anyone know anything else about this and why?
I also think the battle speeds are just fine and that healers might have a tough time keeping up with it.
____________________________
So I rated you up for no good reason, big deal. Wanna fight about it?
#18 Aug 20 2010 at 8:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
Previous benchmark was based on the alpha..basically. This one would be more uptodate if not very close to retail quality which will produce better numbers..maybe. Since people who ran the first benchmark that scored low ran the beta just fine apparently.

And FFXI had like 281397287 benchmarks so hey XIV will too!
____________________________

#19 Aug 20 2010 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
Hope it will give better scores for everyone.

About the battle speed and healers, I am wondering if you say healers are having a hard time because the battle speed is really that high or if it is because controls as a healer are poor? I am not in beta so I wouldn't know, but from what I hear controls are pretty crappy for healers in general making it pretty difficult to keep up. If that issue was solved (if it even exists, might just be me who thought I heard something about it) it might not be a problem for healers if the battle speed was upped. If that is what people want that is.
#20 Aug 20 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Belcrono wrote:
Hope it will give better scores for everyone.

About the battle speed and healers, I am wondering if you say healers are having a hard time because the battle speed is really that high or if it is because controls as a healer are poor? I am not in beta so I wouldn't know, but from what I hear controls are pretty crappy for healers in general making it pretty difficult to keep up. If that issue was solved (if it even exists, might just be me who thought I heard something about it) it might not be a problem for healers if the battle speed was upped. If that is what people want that is.


It's sort of both. It can be quite challenging trying to target some one in a large party to heal them in a timely way, and of course against tough mobs people take a LOT of damage. With a better interface for healing you could react more quickly, or if the pace is slower, it doesn't matter. The faster it gets though the better the interface has to be. Currently it's fast enough to be fun for DD and tanks, and extremely challenging for healers. It doesn't need to be faster.

If they want to though they could speed up the animations. Some times it can be challenging just using all of your stamina because the animation for some abilities takes longer than getting back the stamina used.
#21 Aug 20 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
247 posts
If all the lag was gone I think battle speed is just fine. The Light Swing on my Marauder has to be used about every 2 seconds to keep up with stamina regen.

The only problem with battle for me at the moment is how unresponsive the whole system is, but I know that is something likely to change for live. Ina system like this, if you have 2x the stamina needed for a Light Swing you should be able to perform 2 Light Swings back to back without any hesitation, but the unresponsiveness of the system disallows this. Maybe it is how combat is supposed tobe...who knows.
#22 Aug 20 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
Hope it will give better scores for everyone.

About the battle speed and healers, I am wondering if you say healers are having a hard time because the battle speed is really that high or if it is because controls as a healer are poor? I am not in beta so I wouldn't know, but from what I hear controls are pretty crappy for healers in general making it pretty difficult to keep up. If that issue was solved (if it even exists, might just be me who thought I heard something about it) it might not be a problem for healers if the battle speed was upped. If that is what people want that is.


It's sort of both. It can be quite challenging trying to target some one in a large party to heal them in a timely way, and of course against tough mobs people take a LOT of damage. With a better interface for healing you could react more quickly, or if the pace is slower, it doesn't matter. The faster it gets though the better the interface has to be. Currently it's fast enough to be fun for DD and tanks, and extremely challenging for healers. It doesn't need to be faster.

If they want to though they could speed up the animations. Some times it can be challenging just using all of your stamina because the animation for some abilities takes longer than getting back the stamina used.



I thought FFXI was too fast for healers; when I was healing. But then again I was a crappy WHM.

Ninja tanking was fast as well, albeit a bit unorthodox, but once you get the hang of it things slow down.

If you were a damage dealer, you weren't doing much any way so the added abilities and speed are welcome, IMO.

I don't think it's a question (and this isn't really directed at you) of whether or not people can handle the speed of battles it's do they want to. Or it could totally be a question of the controls.

I'm up for the challenge regardless, provided a good interface is given to do so.
#23 Aug 20 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
i dont think the combat is too slow

1. if you have full stamina, you can spam attacks one right after the other.

2. You dont have to worry about this being a simple button masher because you arent just pressing one skill. you have to select skills in order to use them. If your using a mouse, it is point and click, which is the same as every other game, and if your ussing a controller, you have to press left or right a few times over depending on how far down the line your desired skill is.

with teh exception of specials( take up tp/mana and usually take 3-5 second to get ready) you can easily hit someone every two seconds as long as you have a high satmina reserve
#24 Aug 20 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
PLDXavier, Defender of Justice wrote:
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
I remember when RPGs didn't have to be action games...good times.


Yeah, I actually miss turn-based combat. Action games work better for an MMO, I feel, but even single player console RPGs have turned away from turn-based goodness. Developers these days have the mindset that turn-based combat was instilled because of system limitations and newer systems ensure that we'll never have to endure that again. It's a shame, really, because it just means there are so many "RPG"s out there that I won't play. It really kills me as a developer, too, because I have a team that's excited about working on a turn-based RPG with a branching storyline, but couldn't find a lead artist to commit to the project.


That sucks! I love turn based RPGs.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#25 Aug 20 2010 at 10:47 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
From what I've seen on youtube, battle doesn't seem slow at all now. This guy on youtube has a lot of good videos where you can see battles in the beta
http://www.youtube.com/user/RocsLock
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)