Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Other PC games to test my new video card till this is out??Follow

#1 Aug 22 2010 at 8:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
122 posts
So I just upgraded my graphics card for this [to a GTX 460], but I've never really been into PC games much.

I'd like to get a little bit of my moneys worth for the card between now and when FFXIV comes out, and I don't really know what will show off my system well.

What are currently the best looking PC games out??


Also, on a side note, the version of the GTX 460 I got was the 1GB Galaxy GC version. Anyone know how that one measures up to the others? or if there's any significant difference at all?
____________________________
Mikey- server Ramuh
I haven't payed taxes in four years! I'm not gettin busted by a ssamwich! ><
#2 Aug 22 2010 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
I'm not too sure about the differences, but there are minor differences. Crysis seems to be a video card hog, you could try that.
____________________________

#3 Aug 22 2010 at 8:09 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Crysis: Warhead
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
DiRT 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Aliens Vs. Predator
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

These are all common benchmark games on tomshardware.com, and can all be cranked up to very graphically intense levels with different focuses (which versions of directx are used, etc.). Oddly enough only Aliens vs. Predator and Metro 2033 aren't the 2nd games in a series or expansions to original games.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#4 Aug 22 2010 at 11:00 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
As far as MMO's go I'd say Age of Conan is the best looking one out right now. Free trial right here >>> http://cdn.funcom.com/aoc/community/selection/en/index.html
____________________________



#5 Aug 23 2010 at 7:53 AM Rating: Decent
Teneleven wrote:
I'm not too sure about the differences, but there are minor differences. Crysis seems to be a video card hog, you could try that.


Please don't get Crysis. I made that mistake, and while it is beautiful and will run your system through hoops, the game is INCREDIBLY boring and the multiplayer falls flat. If you want to spend $30 on a benchmark program, go for it, but don't expect to have much fun with it.
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#6 Aug 23 2010 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
PLDXavier, Defender of Justice wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
I'm not too sure about the differences, but there are minor differences. Crysis seems to be a video card hog, you could try that.


Please don't get Crysis. I made that mistake, and while it is beautiful and will run your system through hoops, the game is INCREDIBLY boring and the multiplayer falls flat. If you want to spend $30 on a benchmark program, go for it, but don't expect to have much fun with it.


I actually enjoyed Crysis single player. Wasn't a great novel of a story, but the game play was entertaining enough.
#7 Aug 23 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
Lamnethx of the Seven Seas wrote:
PLDXavier, Defender of Justice wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
I'm not too sure about the differences, but there are minor differences. Crysis seems to be a video card hog, you could try that.


Please don't get Crysis. I made that mistake, and while it is beautiful and will run your system through hoops, the game is INCREDIBLY boring and the multiplayer falls flat. If you want to spend $30 on a benchmark program, go for it, but don't expect to have much fun with it.


I actually enjoyed Crysis single player. Wasn't a great novel of a story, but the game play was entertaining enough.


Hrm, maybe I didn't play far enough into it. I'm thoroughly enjoying Left 4 Dead, so I'm not looking for a great novel of a story haha. I just found the whole concept very tedious. I'm expected to not be seen by pretty much any soldier in the game, but my suit's cloaking has to recharge every 20 steps or so... it's just very stop and go.
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#8 Aug 23 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
375 posts
Left 4 dead 2 is amazing, but I wish they would add campaigns from Left 4 Dead 1.

While some of these games may work, you should also try games that load HUGE areas as well. Like for instance my computer can play left 4 dead 2 everything on high... yet in game with huge maps like oblivion i have to tweak some things down, or else it "over heats"

I honestly dont know what my computer issue is, always thought it was heat related but thats not the case. I do run FFXIV just fine.
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#9 Aug 23 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
PLDXavier, Defender of Justice wrote:
I'm expected to not be seen by pretty much any soldier in the game
Eh? Sounds like you barely played it at all.

I enjoyed Crysis, though I never got it for the multiplayer. Few shooters I actually get for the multiplayer, really. Also, lol @ complaining about paying for PC games.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)