Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Well I, for one, am having fun.Follow

#102 Aug 24 2010 at 1:27 AM Rating: Excellent
*
205 posts
ShinoHaven wrote:
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
huh, well I played a lot the last few days and didn't have any trouble with surplus exp. I also didn't have a lot of trouble finding mobs, especially once I partied. I'm sorry you didn't have that experience. Have you actually hit surplus exp? Or are you just worried about it?


Yeah, on my first day of playing, I started getting auto-fails on mining at around rank 6 and my rank points/exp points dropped significantly.

So I did some Goldsmithing after that for about an hour and then I ran out of crystals. Then, I switched back to mining thinking maybe the surplus would be gone, but it was still there. So I had nothing to do besides leveling a DoW/DoM class because I had no shards/crystals to craft with.

I tried to find rats to solo off of on Marauder, but most of the mobs I found were sheep or dodos, which are too hard for a beginning DoW. Then I decided to find a group and it was the same thing, most of the mobs we fought were too hard and the ones we could kill were so scarce it wasn't really worth all the running around.

Believe it or not, I like everything else about this game and I could see this being my favorite MMO to date even if all I did was Goldsmithing and Mining. Just wanted to say that in case you guys think I'm trolling.





Oh dear goodness, no wonder you're annoyed; you were running around looking for rats. That's like.. impossible to do. PST...there's a great camp further south of Limsa Lominsa. It's full of Lost Ewes and such, it'll take you from 1-12 in no time ^^d. It's like one whole zone so you'll have PLENTY of Ewes to kill, though you'll feel like crap killing them cause it's like killing Pikachu over and over again ...; ;. But if you turn down the volume you'll be fine.

SHHH it's a secret beta test level up location ^^d

On your map there's a Tower to the south of Limsa Lominsa...go there. Trust me, you'll love the damned place. ^^d good luck leveling.
____________________________
It's not who we are, but what we do that define us. - Batman Begins

#103 Aug 24 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Quote:
Oh dear goodness, no wonder you're annoyed; you were running around looking for rats. That's like.. impossible to do. PST...there's a great camp further south of Limsa Lominsa. It's full of Lost Ewes and such, it'll take you from 1-12 in no time ^^d. It's like one whole zone so you'll have PLENTY of Ewes to kill, though you'll feel like crap killing them cause it's like killing Pikachu over and over again ...; ;. But if you turn down the volume you'll be fine.

SHHH it's a secret beta test level up location ^^d

On your map there's a Tower to the south of Limsa Lominsa...go there. Trust me, you'll love the damned place. ^^d good luck leveling.


Thanks! I knew about the Lost Ewes but I only knew of the smallish area of them to the north...and they were always already killed before I got there anyway. I'll definitely try that place. =)
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#104 Aug 24 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
33 posts
Quote:
Wint, I'm not going to dog you because you are doing good things for the ffxiv community. I have no doubt that FFXIV is fun and there are aspects to be enjoyed. But don't also forget this is beta testing a game to see what works and what doesn't. The point is to have all the testers to tell the Devs about feature they like/dislike. An example would be battle speed from Alpha to Beta.


First of all, this is a discussion forum, not a feedback forum. There are places elsewhere specifically set up by Square Enix for people to offer feedback and report bugs. There's nothing wrong with discussing a game in a fan forum, especially when all the constant talk of flaws and problems is leading a lot of people to decide against buying the game.

Second of all, you said yourself- "the point is to say what features they like/dislike". If they just tell the devs what they dislike, then bugs will get fixed, but the things people like will never be expanded and could even potentially be removed. For instance, a strong positive reaction to a large inventory size means they're less likely to second-guess themselves and reduce that amount, or a lot of excitement over the emotes could lead them to make even more.

To sum up, this thread is not detrimental to the developers receiving their feedback - in fact, it's an absolutely vital part of feedback. But also that isn't the point of this forum anyway.

(And while I directed this towards you, Dyvidd, it's also a general rebuttal to anyone who thinks it's "helping" FFXIV to only talk about its flaws and not its features)

To everyone listing the things they love, thank you! I'd love to hear more about things like emotes and personalization. How are the clothes in FFXIV? I imagine they're not all implemented yet, but are there clothing items that may not necessarily be intended as armor/equipment? That is, just dress-up items. Also, can you make clothing/armor/equipment in different colors?
#105 Aug 24 2010 at 2:06 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
ShinoHaven wrote:
Quote:
Oh dear goodness, no wonder you're annoyed; you were running around looking for rats. That's like.. impossible to do. PST...there's a great camp further south of Limsa Lominsa. It's full of Lost Ewes and such, it'll take you from 1-12 in no time ^^d. It's like one whole zone so you'll have PLENTY of Ewes to kill, though you'll feel like crap killing them cause it's like killing Pikachu over and over again ...; ;. But if you turn down the volume you'll be fine.

SHHH it's a secret beta test level up location ^^d

On your map there's a Tower to the south of Limsa Lominsa...go there. Trust me, you'll love the damned place. ^^d good luck leveling.


Thanks! I knew about the Lost Ewes but I only knew of the smallish area of them to the north...and they were always already killed before I got there anyway. I'll definitely try that place. =)


Wow that is a nice spot, good scenery, good exp...snuck in there and got a quick level before the maintenance. Tomorrow when i log in it shall be a bloodbath
____________________________

#106 Aug 24 2010 at 2:19 AM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Wow that is a nice spot, good scenery, good exp...snuck in there and got a quick level before the maintenance. Tomorrow when i log in it shall be a bloodbath


There were a couple of people with me there on the Kefka server. Were you one of them? lol
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#107 Aug 24 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Reading the responses to this thread, and how it has really deviated from its original intent, has made me realize that, at least for the moment, I really need to step away from this place. The endless, mind numbing negativity and constant bashing on each other is grating on my nerves, and really, this is all just for a video game. For some reason, something that is intended for enjoyment and fun has become a target of a lot of vitriol and spite. I don't like it.

****, even IRC is a ***** fest anymore, really makes me regret advocating it as a place for folks to gather, I find myself missing the good old days Smiley: frown

So, I suppose I will bid this forum a fond farewell for now. If you want to find me I expect I'll be in the class forums, probably the Fishing and Archer forums specifically. I will also be on a specific IRC channel Smiley: wink I'll probably be back sometime after Open beta has started, depending on what the changes made for it does to the mood of this forum. All I know is right now I don't have the stomach for all of the incessant crap that is being posted here. This is by no means meant to insult those of you who, like me, are trying to be positive or that are contributing in meaningful ways. It just seems we are the vast minority at this point, or at least the less vocal.

-Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#108 Aug 24 2010 at 6:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Wint wrote:
Reading the responses to this thread, and how it has really deviated from its original intent, has made me realize that, at least for the moment, I really need to step away from this place. The endless, mind numbing negativity and constant bashing on each other is grating on my nerves, and really, this is all just for a video game. For some reason, something that is intended for enjoyment and fun has become a target of a lot of vitriol and spite. I don't like it.

****, even IRC is a ***** fest anymore, really makes me regret advocating it as a place for folks to gather, I find myself missing the good old days Smiley: frown

So, I suppose I will bid this forum a fond farewell for now. If you want to find me I expect I'll be in the class forums, probably the Fishing and Archer forums specifically. I will also be on a specific IRC channel Smiley: wink I'll probably be back sometime after Open beta has started, depending on what the changes made for it does to the mood of this forum. All I know is right now I don't have the stomach for all of the incessant crap that is being posted here. This is by no means meant to insult those of you who, like me, are trying to be positive or that are contributing in meaningful ways. It just seems we are the vast minority at this point, or at least the less vocal.

-Wint


The funny thing is, just yesterday I was saying on IRC how happy I was that the forum was a little more upbeat than normal... That sure about faced quickly.
#109 Aug 24 2010 at 8:48 AM Rating: Good
ShinoHaven wrote:


Yeah, on my first day of playing, I started getting auto-fails on mining at around rank 6 and my rank points/exp points dropped significantly.


Well... huh, on my first day of playing I took botanist to level 8 and had no issues whatsoever.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#110 Aug 24 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Good
Alkerr wrote:

I share your concern about the surplus EXP thing. I think that is the wrong approach for SE to take. As A casual player, most of my play time will come on the weekend. I will be pretty frustrated when I can't make a decent amount of progress because of it.


Man, I played all weekend almost non-stop. No surplus exp. I think people are totally exaggerating this issue.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#111 Aug 24 2010 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
Reading the responses to this thread, and how it has really deviated from its original intent, has made me realize that, at least for the moment, I really need to step away from this place. The endless, mind numbing negativity and constant bashing on each other is grating on my nerves, and really, this is all just for a video game. For some reason, something that is intended for enjoyment and fun has become a target of a lot of vitriol and spite. I don't like it.

****, even IRC is a ***** fest anymore, really makes me regret advocating it as a place for folks to gather, I find myself missing the good old days Smiley: frown

So, I suppose I will bid this forum a fond farewell for now. If you want to find me I expect I'll be in the class forums, probably the Fishing and Archer forums specifically. I will also be on a specific IRC channel Smiley: wink I'll probably be back sometime after Open beta has started, depending on what the changes made for it does to the mood of this forum. All I know is right now I don't have the stomach for all of the incessant crap that is being posted here. This is by no means meant to insult those of you who, like me, are trying to be positive or that are contributing in meaningful ways. It just seems we are the vast minority at this point, or at least the less vocal.

-Wint


Thanks for trying man, I'll see you around.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#112 Aug 24 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Nice +3
#113 Aug 24 2010 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Quote:
Reading the responses to this thread, and how it has really deviated from its original intent, has made me realize that, at least for the moment, I really need to step away from this place. The endless, mind numbing negativity and constant bashing on each other is grating on my nerves, and really, this is all just for a video game. For some reason, something that is intended for enjoyment and fun has become a target of a lot of vitriol and spite. I don't like it.

****, even IRC is a ***** fest anymore, really makes me regret advocating it as a place for folks to gather, I find myself missing the good old days Smiley: frown

So, I suppose I will bid this forum a fond farewell for now. If you want to find me I expect I'll be in the class forums, probably the Fishing and Archer forums specifically. I will also be on a specific IRC channel Smiley: wink I'll probably be back sometime after Open beta has started, depending on what the changes made for it does to the mood of this forum. All I know is right now I don't have the stomach for all of the incessant crap that is being posted here. This is by no means meant to insult those of you who, like me, are trying to be positive or that are contributing in meaningful ways. It just seems we are the vast minority at this point, or at least the less vocal.

-Wint


Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be "negative" at all and I'm certainly not constantly bashing on other people. I just like discussing everything about video games, which include the good and the bad parts of them.

Just because people discuss the bad stuff doesn't mean they're trolling or being negative or insulting anyone. Wouldn't you rather hear our true opinions than a sugar-coated lie?

And yes, it's all for a video game. But I feel pretty strongly about video games because they are a huge part of my life and they probably make up the majority of my fun spare time. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

If I'm going to play this MMO for the next 8 years, I want it to succeed and be fun and everyone else who is going to commit to this game feels the same way, I'm sure.

I'm not going to take bad feedback about the game personally.

EDIT: But I just realized, even though I still stand by what I said, this was originally a thread to discuss what everyone thought were good aspects of the game and I think I aided in derailing the topic of this thread. I apologize for that.

My GOOD things list (in no particular order):
Crystals stacking to 999
Auto-sort inventory
Ability to change classes on the fly
Faster-paced combat
Crafting professions actually being their own class
The repair system is cool
Minigames for crafting and gathering
Retainers
Guildleves
More character customization
Battle regiment system
Beautiful graphics
Storyline quests look like they will be awesome
Reminds me of my good ol' FFXI days
I can already tell this has infinitely more immersion factor than WoW
I might actually RP in this MMO thanks to the richness of it

I'll add more when I think of them. =)

Edited, Aug 24th 2010 11:14am by ShinoHaven
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#114 Aug 24 2010 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
175 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
Alkerr wrote:

I share your concern about the surplus EXP thing. I think that is the wrong approach for SE to take. As A casual player, most of my play time will come on the weekend. I will be pretty frustrated when I can't make a decent amount of progress because of it.


Man, I played all weekend almost non-stop. No surplus exp. I think people are totally exaggerating this issue.


I hope you are right. I don't have any experience with it myself as I'm not playing Beta, so my concern is merely from reading the forums. I really just want to be able to play the way I choose, on the days I get a chance to go at it.
____________________________


#115 Aug 24 2010 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
Thanks Shino for sharing that list.

+1

We all appreciate there are things which are broken, or will just take some time to get used to. I hope you can continue to find things you enjoy about the game, and we all hope that most of the problems will be fixed at launch. After launch this may not be the kind of game everyone wants to play, but hopefully the reasons people don't want to play are not silly and basic things like a crummy UI but things like play style and PvE vs PvP and the like.

I do think this is a game geared more towards people who maybe don't have as much time to game. Given that the crowd who played FFXI has mostly gotten older and gotten more responsibilities, it is probably a wise decision on SE's part. That isn't to say people can't play more but I think the reward curve is aiming towards declining returns after one puts a certain amount of time in. That may tick a lot of people off, yeah for sure. I may get frustrated, for example when I take a week off to play more and then hit a point were I can't do as much. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

However, I am generally really glad SE is going this route, because I actually was a bit worried that I would need to play a hella lot to get anything done and might let my awesome relationship with a beautiful woman suffer by accident - or that I might let it get in the way of my oftentimes demanding job. It would be a shame if the more hardcore players didn't feel welcome because the game is designed for people like me in mind, but I think once people get the hang of playing and once we have more content to explore (if you look at the world map Noscea is a pretty tiny portion of the map)- hardcore folks will find there is a lot for them to do as well.

However, even if hardcore players don't want to play, which would be sad in my mind, I can't help but believe that people like me, who want to game but don't have a ton of time to do it probably outnumber those who can play all the time or a lot of the time - especially when you figure in the hardware costs (high school students probably won't be able to afford a comp like that on their own, for example.)

I would miss the hardcore players though since they are a lot of fun to play with and you can generally count on them being around. I hope a balance is found.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#116 Aug 24 2010 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Alkerr wrote:


I hope you are right. I don't have any experience with it myself as I'm not playing Beta, so my concern is merely from reading the forums. I really just want to be able to play the way I choose, on the days I get a chance to go at it.


No doubt - I pretty much will have the same amount of playtime in the same way - a lot on weekends and not much during the week. So I also don't want it to be a problem. That said I played all Saturday (with about an hour break for breakfast and a three hour break for dinner) and pretty much all Sunday (with a break in the middle for lunch/girlfriend time) - I didn't get any surplus exp. I was, however, leveling 4 jobs... (Botanist, Goldsmith, Pugulist, Conjurer) so that may have had something to do with it.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#117 Aug 24 2010 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
I've realized recently that the good parts of FFXIV so heavily outweigh the bad parts that my fears of FFXIV failing are completely unjustified.

There is quite simply nothing like FFXIV available. Its beauty and uniqueness will be a draw to all of the players that are looking for something that is more than just a game. FFXIV is technology, art and interactive entertainment at its finest.

/corny fanboy out
#118 Aug 24 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Yeah, I agree with you guys.

I'm even thinking I could learn to live with the Fatigue system, now that I've had time to mull it over. After all, I'm mostly interested in the end-game content.
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#119 Aug 24 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
ShinoHaven wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you guys.

I'm even thinking I could learn to live with the Fatigue system, now that I've had time to mull it over. After all, I'm mostly interested in the end-game content.


You'll be a better player if you play more regardless, because you will have more skills to equip - more equipment you can repair... etc.

Also are you not making mad cash on goldsmith already? You said you were focusing your money on it but I have found I make more than enough from selling my jewelry to pay for the synthing... and I sell for way less than a lot of players (777 for a bone ring, 600 for a copper earring, 800 for a copper wristlet or whatever) They sell like hotcakes. Also bone chips are hella cheap on people's bazaars.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#120 Aug 24 2010 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
ShinoHaven wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you guys.

I'm even thinking I could learn to live with the Fatigue system, now that I've had time to mull it over. After all, I'm mostly interested in the end-game content.


You'll be a better player if you play more regardless, because you will have more skills to equip - more equipment you can repair... etc.

Also are you not making mad cash on goldsmith already? You said you were focusing your money on it but I have found I make more than enough from selling my jewelry to pay for the synthing... and I sell for way less than a lot of players (777 for a bone ring, 600 for a copper earring, 800 for a copper wristlet or whatever) They sell like hotcakes. Also bone chips are hella cheap on people's bazaars.


Good job Olorinus...I have to laugh at some of the prices in bazaars...makes me wanna send a /tell that says "You realize you don't get to keep that gil right?" = P I guess they're practicing for the real thing when they can jack prices up...another reason to implement some kind good search feature for the market..
____________________________

#121 Aug 24 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
There's no doubt that some form of crafting of fieldcraft is basically required in order to supplement Guildleve/grinding income.

And the time to craft is when you hit surplus, right? Not there yet. I suppose I'll see during Open beta.
#122 Aug 24 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
GuardianFaith wrote:


Why? What is it about them that you enjoy?

Anyway - you're a son of a ditch for coming in here and crapping all over a thread that is about why people like the game. Go troll somewhere else.


Are you serious? Asking you why you find guild leves enjoyable is trolling? You're so biased on this game it's not even funny.

Quote:
How can you say guildleves are not as fun as the boring sh*t in every other game? They are way more fun.


You still didn't answer my question.

Quote:
Which means I can ride my bike home from work at lunchtime, eat lunch, do a leve and go back to work.

and you call me a troll.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#123 Aug 24 2010 at 1:12 PM Rating: Excellent
yeah people are generally overcharging in bazaars but when the real game hits those folks won't have much luck selling crap at those prices for long because sensible folks like me will be charging way less and having things sell fast fast fast
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#124 Aug 24 2010 at 1:13 PM Rating: Excellent
GuardianFaith wrote:

You still didn't answer my question.



Then you obviously can't read because it is spelled out up there.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#125 Aug 24 2010 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Quote:
Also are you not making mad cash on goldsmith already? You said you were focusing your money on it but I have found I make more than enough from selling my jewelry to pay for the synthing... and I sell for way less than a lot of players (777 for a bone ring, 600 for a copper earring, 800 for a copper wristlet or whatever) They sell like hotcakes. Also bone chips are hella cheap on people's bazaars.


Oh yes. I am making really good profit.

Bone rings are the thing I sold the most I think. They are so cheap to make and everyone wants Accuracy/Magic Accuracy. I sell them for like 999 gil but I probably could have sold them for more if I wanted to.

I've also been selling Brass Chokers for a good bit, like 3k or so. It takes like 1.4k gil to make not counting the shards.

EDIT: Right now, I'm in a mad rush to try out everything I haven't yet before the beta ends tomorrow.
Gladiator, Lancer, Pugilist, Archer, Fishing, Botany, higher rank Goldsmithing/Mining... ^_^
EDIT2: Just got Second Wind and it's awesome on any class soloing!

Edited, Aug 24th 2010 2:37pm by ShinoHaven

Edited, Aug 24th 2010 2:39pm by ShinoHaven
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#126 Aug 24 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
I'm finding the negativity confusing. I've been gaming for, what 25+ years? And of those years I've had internet access for, hmm, 10+? I've never visited a forum until last year, and only discovered ZAM mere months ago.

I would not take the time to register for a forum just to spout negativity. I'm fricken busy. Only my love for FF series has promted me to actually join and participate in discussions. What I'm saying is, who has the time to login to random sites just to smack-talk?

The real ZAM community is at least respectful to one another even when they don't agree. You can spot a trouble maker easily form the low post count, vulgarity and aggressive tone.

Really, why even bother? Don't you have a game that you supposedly prefer that you should be playing?

I don't think I'll ever get the satifaction that apparently comes from riling up people anonomously.


#127 Aug 24 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
175 posts
Quote:
who has the time to login to random sites just to smack-talk?


You would be amazed at how many people spend their free time on the internet, doing nothing but trolling and bad mouthing everything.
____________________________


#128 Aug 24 2010 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
I'm finding the negativity confusing. I've been gaming for, what 25+ years? And of those years I've had internet access for, hmm, 10+? I've never visited a forum until last year, and only discovered ZAM mere months ago.

I would not take the time to register for a forum just to spout negativity. I'm fricken busy. Only my love for FF series has promted me to actually join and participate in discussions. What I'm saying is, who has the time to login to random sites just to smack-talk?

The real ZAM community is at least respectful to one another even when they don't agree. You can spot a trouble maker easily form the low post count, vulgarity and aggressive tone.

Really, why even bother? Don't you have a game that you supposedly prefer that you should be playing?

I don't think I'll ever get the satifaction that apparently comes from riling up people anonomously.


*clears throat*


...NO, YOU!!!!


Okay, with that bit out of the way... It's kinda like I was saying in IRC last night... 95% of the game is great and there's 5% that needs improvement. So why is it that people feel the need to spend 95% of their time complaining about the 5% of problems?

Yeah, the game has problems. I'm not going to deny that, and anyone who insists the game has no issues may very well be a fanboy. But all the negativity and ******** makes it seem like people don't like the game at all, which begs the question, if you REALLY think the game is that horrible, why are you still going to play it?

Sure, I have a couple gripes. Some of them I'm sure will be fixed by retail. Some of them probably won't. But for the most part, I enjoy the game.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#129 Aug 24 2010 at 2:49 PM Rating: Excellent
ShinoHaven wrote:

EDIT2: Just got Second Wind and it's awesome on any class soloing!


Indeed. I'm glad you are finding more to like about the game. Hopefully some of the annoying things are changed soon.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#130 Aug 24 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Yeah, the DoW/DoM leveling got way more pleasant when I found the Lost Ewe camp south of LL.

I mean, I still have a problem with the fatigue system, but I think I could live with it if it stayed in the game.

Quote:
Sure, I have a couple gripes. Some of them I'm sure will be fixed by retail. Some of them probably won't. But for the most part, I enjoy the game.


Yup, this is my opinion, too.

Edited, Aug 24th 2010 3:56pm by ShinoHaven
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#131 Aug 24 2010 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
I was also having tons of fun, until my computer overheated just now and I witnessed the scrambled screen of death. orz

Now I myself have to seek air-conditioned shelter from this massive heat wave lest my brain becomes scrambled as well.

Stay cool people!
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#132 Aug 24 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
uomaru wrote:
I was also having tons of fun, until my computer overheated just now and I witnessed the scrambled screen of death. orz

Now I myself have to seek air-conditioned shelter from this massive heat wave lest my brain becomes scrambled as well.

Stay cool people!


Are you in california?
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#133 Aug 25 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
GuardianFaith wrote:
uomaru wrote:
I was also having tons of fun, until my computer overheated just now and I witnessed the scrambled screen of death. orz

Now I myself have to seek air-conditioned shelter from this massive heat wave lest my brain becomes scrambled as well.

Stay cool people!


Are you in california?

Yep, Bay Area to be exact. Bet I'm not the only one desiccating in this heat wave we're having right now.
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#134 Aug 25 2010 at 10:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
What I'm saying is, who has the time to login to random sites just to smack-talk?


This made me lol. Not @ you Rufus, at the sad facts that makes this ridiculous.

Quote:
Yep, Bay Area to be exact. Bet I'm not the only one desiccating in this heat wave we're having right now.


Nope. Supposed to break by the weekend, in So Cal anyway.
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)