Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Level gap?Follow

#1 Aug 23 2010 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
375 posts
Is there a level gap that kills xp? I have not noticed one thus far. I do know you can be to high for mobs and not get skill points yourself, but does it hurt the ones you are with? For instance, could I play with my friends at a higher level and not kill the xp for them?

Could I be on the low end of a group and not worry about xp?
____________________________
FFXIV- Laell Orias Conjurer
Server- Besaid

"But Phillip... he's a girl crab.
#2 Aug 23 2010 at 2:44 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,705 posts
Won't know till retail when SE balances everything. Right now it's too unbalanced and glitchy to say anything solid because as of now what can kill your XP in a party is if you don't touch the mob at all, and even if you do if someone touched it more sensually than you they'll still reap the benefits and you get jack squat, sadly.
____________________________

#3xthunderblazex, Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 3:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hey, you know that like, you get xp for like actually doing something right? So like, if you have like a like high level guy with you he's like gonna totally like WTFPWN everything before you like really get to like hit it at all, like....ya know?
#4 Aug 23 2010 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
So it's ok as long as you touch the mobs gently in the right places?
#5 Aug 23 2010 at 4:29 PM Rating: Default
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
xthunderblazex wrote:
Hey, you know that like, you get xp for like actually doing something right? So like, if you have like a like high level guy with you he's like gonna totally like WTFPWN everything before you like really get to like hit it at all, like....ya know?

eye herd guugle is hardddddddddddddddddd
Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#6 Aug 23 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
575 posts
Since SE went through all the trouble to get rid of this in XI (via Level Sync) quite a while ago, I assume they considered this when creating XIV.
#7 Aug 23 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,178 posts
bsphil wrote:
Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?


I what saying you're exactly know. Like.
#8 Aug 23 2010 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
I what saying you're exactly know. Like.


Together is for tommorow 25. Since are it not what president's colony. You know?
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Aug 23 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
291 posts
OddlerJiub wrote:
Is there a level gap that kills xp? I have not noticed one thus far. I do know you can be to high for mobs and not get skill points yourself, but does it hurt the ones you are with? For instance, could I play with my friends at a higher level and not kill the xp for them?

Could I be on the low end of a group and not worry about xp?


I can't tell you exactly if level gap will kill the xp you get from each mob since I'd only party once, and the chat window scroll up so fast that I couldn't even see how much xp I got from each mob. However, as for now, the amount of xp you get seems based upon the amount of damage you dealt, so if you have a class rank 10 in your group while everyone else is class rank 2 or 3, the rank 10 person may kill everything in two hit or so, thus you may not even able to touch the mob before it dies. Nonetheless, I still won't judge the party system by this, I think it's just the matter of balance and I think SE will iron this problem out before release.

On the other hand, when the game is actually released, I think people would tend to group up with players around the same level. As a rank 10 player, I could only get maybe around 100 xp from killing a low level mob, so I really don't see the reason for a rank 10 player staying at low level area and look for group.
#10 Aug 23 2010 at 7:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Since SE went through all the trouble to get rid of this in XI (via Level Sync) quite a while ago, I assume they considered this when creating XIV.


I know this is SE, and they're good and all BUT... don't overestimate video game developers lol.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)