Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Guildleves restrictionFollow

#1 Aug 24 2010 at 8:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Every day I read someone saying something like:

"I did all the guildleves available to me and then had nothing else to do, /cry"

What I don't understand is why if people know of the limitation why don't they first look for a group to do not just theirs but also someone else's leves.

If people in general just go and solo their own leves then they can't very well expect to be able to join someone else doing theirs. As a comunity we (not in Beta though) need to work together to get the most of what is on offer.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#2 Aug 24 2010 at 8:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
421 posts
that true..

i already know that im not ganna share leave with ppl that arent ganna share..

good thing about the 42hour downtime is we can set up prima group to do 8 leave runs every 42hours
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#3 Aug 24 2010 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
yes, and if people have nothing else to do ... wtf is wrong with them? There are only a ton of classes to play with, mats to gather, weapons and armor to synth etc. I have NEVER run out of guildleves so far because there is so much else to do.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Aug 24 2010 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
*
96 posts
Also it's just beta it's not even the full game yet, there has to be other things to do than guildleves.
#5 Aug 24 2010 at 8:44 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
421 posts
i dont think there are anything other then guildleaves lol.. hopefully they add BCNM or conquest quest etc etc , i also hope AF quest make a come back
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#6 Aug 24 2010 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
*
96 posts
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play that much, since my pc sucks, but as I have seen there are some story missions also at this point, but I am sure there will come other thing to.
#7 Aug 24 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
yes, and if people have nothing else to do ... wtf is wrong with them? There are only a ton of classes to play with, mats to gather, weapons and armor to synth etc. I have NEVER run out of guildleves so far because there is so much else to do.

When I run out of combat leves, I do the crafting leves. When I run out of those, I offer to help other people with theirs. If nobody takes me up on my offer, I fish or harvest.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#8 Aug 24 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
Ralrra wrote:
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
yes, and if people have nothing else to do ... wtf is wrong with them? There are only a ton of classes to play with, mats to gather, weapons and armor to synth etc. I have NEVER run out of guildleves so far because there is so much else to do.

When I run out of combat leves, I do the crafting leves. When I run out of those, I offer to help other people with theirs. If nobody takes me up on my offer, I fish or harvest.


Yeah. This. I've been harvesting and crafting so much I still have a bunch of leves left on any day. Today I just want to harvest and craft more.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#9 Aug 24 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Since its 48 hours anyways to get new levee's why not just make it so you can do each difficulty once but still look for groups later. Would promote all ends of the spectrum IMO. Instead of waiting you could still be doing something and in the end the minimal amount of levee's you can have at a time would essentially quaddropple itself and make 48 hours not seem that bad at all. Just my opinion.
#10 Aug 24 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
I still see the guildleves as similar to FoV pages in XI. Except for some reason a lot of people seem to think guildleves is all you're supposed to be doing. A lot of those interviews don't help because most of them seem to suggest guildleves are the only means of advancement in the game. And yea, right now in beta there is still a lot to do...no doubt there will be tons more come September 22nd.
____________________________

#11 Aug 24 2010 at 1:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
im just keeping my fingers crossed for release. The closer to release the more rumors and such are going to be posted and all that fun stuff. Let's just realize its SE and they usually do more then well enough of a job on there titles. *fingers crossed*
#12 Aug 24 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
764 posts
sharing low lv leves felt pointless I did it with one of my friends and we both ended up with less exp/skill then when we had done them solo. SE has said they are working on the grouping rewards issues, so I hope this is fixed by release.

Also, they said they are working on mob placement and balance which I hope is true, after I finish my leaves I end up running around aimlessly wishing I could find a spot to gain decent exp because Im surrounded by rank 10+ enemies in the rank 1 area..

With that said, I am having a blast with the game overall but they really need to work on the leveling system, if they are gonna restrict leve's so much we need a reliable way to grind that doesn't screech to a halt when someone else gets the same bright idea, or we need to be able to continue doing less rewarding leves so we can kill with a direction.
____________________________


#13 Aug 24 2010 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
**
412 posts
I don't think guildlevels are the games main content. I honestly believe they are just implemented to give the casual community something to do when they are logged in. The main focus of the guidlevels are the rewards. You get gil and some items.
There will always be monsters around and crafting/harvesting can become a bit addicting.
____________________________
They appeared from the sky, the one without a heart... "Omega"...And the one who followed it..."Shinryuu"...
Final Fantasy 5
#14 Aug 24 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Quote:
I don't think guildlevels are the games main content. I honestly believe they are just implemented to give the casual community something to do when they are logged in. The main focus of the guidlevels are the rewards. You get gil and some items.
There will always be monsters around and crafting/harvesting can become a bit addicting.


I completelly agree with Lambon

Quote:
sharing low lv leves felt pointless I did it with one of my friends and we both ended up with less exp/skill then when we had done them solo. SE has said they are working on the grouping rewards issues, so I hope this is fixed by release.


Please read above ... but if you disagree then what's my point is that unless the EXP/Skill gained in a duo is below half of the solo one you should still be able to first do yours for over half the EXP/Skill and then have your friend get his and once again get the EXP/Skill.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#15 Aug 24 2010 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
i dont think there are anything other then guildleaves lol.. hopefully they add BCNM or conquest quest etc etc , i also hope AF quest make a come back


Yea, better yet they should give us access to BCNMs at level 5 and you can unlock your first AF piece at level 10, level 50 is max level so our first level break quest should be at level 11, and then periodically from there about every second level 'til we reach 50...only then will the game be fun. Maybe they can even give us Dynamis at around level 4, you know as a prelude to what's coming....i mean by level 4 most of us should be bored out of our minds anyway, even earlier for some, some of us get bored by the time we reach level 1, I know i couldn't find anything to do at level 1.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Aug 24 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
233 posts
Quote:
Yea, better yet they should give us access to BCNMs at level 5 and you can unlock your first AF piece at level 10, level 50 is max level so our first level break quest should be at level 11, and then periodically from there about every second level 'til we reach 50...only then will the game be fun. Maybe they can even give us Dynamis at around level 4, you know as a prelude to what's coming....i mean by level 4 most of us should be bored out of our minds anyway, even earlier for some, some of us get bored by the time we reach level 1, I know i couldn't find anything to do at level 1.
I know this is sarcasm, but I think you are thinking in the right direction. Multiple things to do is funner than grind, craft, leve, grind...no?
#17 Aug 24 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
I think the problem is that Guildleves are like Assault Missions, in that you can only do a limited amount of them, and then you have to go do other stuff. Except instead of 2 per 48 hours, it's 8-16 per 48 hours. And instead of only being available at 50+, they're available at the start.

If you think of guildleves in terms of Assault missions instead of "XP quests", then you get a little more perspective. They're Assault missions that you have more of, an do from level 1, can do solo or in a group, etc instead of thinking of them in terms of using them as a primary means of XP.

I think the problem is that SE has spent so much time talking about them that people have gotten the wrong impression that these were intended to be the primary method of XP.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#18 Aug 24 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
It seems we DO need to repeat the same thing over and over gain.

Guildleves are not used to level up. Guildleves were only introduced by SE so that people who can only play a couple hours a day can still have something to do and not feel left out or way behind the majority of players.

Guildleves are not quests as in WoW, they are like daylies. They are not like parties in FFXI they are like Dynamis (or assault, I never did assaut).
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#19 Aug 24 2010 at 9:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
Hugus wrote:
Guildleves are not used to level up.


Um...

Soloing the highest available rank Guildleves with Guardian's Aspect is one of the most efficient ways to level up your character (at least at the moment).

Honestly if you factor in competition for mobs in the open field, I have found that mages are able to level up roughly twice as fast during Guildleves as they can when grinding in general, especially if you up the difficulty level.

Edited, Aug 24th 2010 8:39pm by akirussan
____________________________
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)