Things I'd like to see fixed:
- Menu lag, period. Selling 20 items to a shopkeep should not take 30 seconds per item because I'm waiting for a menu to load. Nevermind trying to scroll my 80+ items to find that recipe material... PAIN.
- Inventory sorting. Please, for the love of gods, move my rat-tails down with the rest of my bait.
- A *little* more hinting in the gathering classes would be nice, like what's depth used for besides moving off a completely mined out section (which is my assumption). Even just some old man with a pickaxe sayin' "Hey, son, if ya don hit somethin at all on your strike, change the height, 'ehhh?" or "Ya want clams son? Drop yer line deeper!". Also some hints in the fishing 'hooking' portion would be pleasant. It's somewhat made up for by constant multiple catches, though.
- The action bar not needing to be completely rebuilt every time I swap a class. **** painful if you get aggro'd while harvesting. This will be especially worse if we start doing in field repairs and you're running two bars of actions. While we're at it, an indicator saying what skills can go cross-class and what's affinitied to the main you're on at the time. And more menu lag issues fixed.
- Targetting friendlies. Do NOT make me untarget the mob to be able to one shot a cure spell off on my tank. That's **** annoying. While we're at it, stop un-targetting the moles when they dive, too.
- /emotes. The list is annoying to scroll through.
- The UI NOT moving to random positions when I set it a certain way. Especially if it keeps crashing like it does. I musta moved that target health meter 20+ times to get it out of the upper left corner.
- Fix replenish on Archer or explain to me when it's supposed to work and when it's not, right now I think it just reloads your pouch from inventory, which is not the description.
- Map waypoints and mini-map arrows. If I'm taking a group somewhere, or I find something interesting on my map, let me mark it so I can show the party and/or just not have to constantly re-map while in aggro territory. It's easy to get turned around sometimes.
- Crafting needs to make more sense in regards to how to deal with chaotic and unstable elements ******** up your qualities and durability. Specifically, the wait command needs to do something besides hurt you.
- While we're at it can get get a LITTLE consistency in crafting for doing stuff 10 ranks under me?
- Levequest exchanges needs more information provided at exchange time. Ittle bittle icons I can't see doesn't help me figure out which ones are 'different'.
- Retainer Market Ward - Start to finish. The booths are a nice touch but what happens when all 40 in a city are bought out? You're in the mob. Maybe force retainers to sell certain items in certain wards (IE: Ward 1: Repair request and armor sales, Ward2: Crafting supplies, Ward3: Leather goods, Ward4: Weapons, etc?)
- If I get one more bone chip mining for some damned copper ore....
- Regiments: 2 things. One, give us a damned HINT what these things do, because it ain't damage, and two, make the initiation non-lag-biased. The queue is an AWESOME improvement over the old timing system, but it needs a LOT more give on the 2x click or it needs to be single click initiated.
- Hate control. There is absolutely no reason a mob should think the mage doing spirit bolts for 23 damage is the primary enemy when the marauder doing 50+ and a TP for 150+ is hitting at the same rate and being utterly ignored, especially when I haven't cured or nuked.
- Increase the archer's range. XI had more distance and it felt more like being an archer then XIV does. Right now there's not enough range to react with a voke/taunt.
- Sell a crappy shield in the shops somewhere for gladiators. Not even having a level 1 shield available for newbies is just damned silly.
There, that about covers my initial reaction to a lot of Beta and what I'd like to see fixed (that's reasonable) in the next 7-10 days. :)
Edited, Aug 25th 2010 11:05pm by GUDare
XIV: Misfit Stormrider - Kashuan
XI: Kujata - Razoredge (Long Retired) A possible retainer idea