Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Support GroupFollow

#1 Aug 26 2010 at 12:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Now that there is no more Phase 3 to support us, and another week at least until Open Beta begins, many people are finding themselves without anything to do to occupy themselves. Thus I thought I would help by providing some suggestions for those who need a life:

1: Troll the forums! A helpful suggestion: start posting in all threads that you love the surplus system and wish they would be even stricter about it. This is guaranteed to make you lots of friends and get you instant rate-ups.
2: Plan out your schedule in excruciating detail for when open beta does begin. Spamming through cutscenes will maximize your efficiency!
3: Run the benchmark at least twice per day to get your fix. Watching the cutscene over and over again is almost as good as being in-game!
3a: You scored less than 8000? Your video card sucks. Replace it immediately.
4: Put yourself into a medically-induced coma with express instructions not to be awoken until beta resumes.
5: Go outside and do things with other people. (NOTE: This is extremely dangerous and should ONLY be used if all other options have been exhausted.)

These are dire times, and we need to help each other out. Please, if someone you know is suffering from PBSD (Post-beta stress disorder), have them seek help.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#2 Aug 26 2010 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
you rock! lol
____________________________
http://waxysjourneyffxiv.blogspot.com/
#3 Aug 26 2010 at 12:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
many people are finding themselves without anything to do to occupy themselves.


Heh, I wish this were the case. My feet/hands/brain need a break from working so much the last few weeks, and I'm definitely going to be giving my liver a very long reprieve Smiley: grin Too much option 5 after working late nights, which leads to no sleep lol. {Let's take a break.}
#4 Aug 26 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Excellent
avatarofpain wrote:

1: Troll the forums! A helpful suggestion: start posting in all threads that you love the surplus system and wish they would be even stricter about it. This is guaranteed to make you lots of friends and get you instant rate-ups.


I lol'ed

+1
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#5 Aug 26 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
*
121 posts
Lol, I can't spam through the cutscenes, I plan on trying out both G-ville and U-city, so those cutscenes will be new to me and will need to be experienced with full attention.

But I hear ya, I've been trolling the forums and lamenting that there are no new topics to read. One can only take so much of OMGSURPLUSSUXORR
#6 Aug 26 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
4: Put yourself into a medically-induced coma with express instructions not to be awoken until beta resumes.


©
#7 Aug 26 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Quote:
5: Go outside and do things with other people. (NOTE: This is extremely dangerous and should ONLY be used if all other options have been exhausted.)


This would be a horrible, horrible idea. =P

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 1:30pm by ShinoHaven
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#8 Aug 26 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
avatarofpain wrote:

1: Troll the forums! A helpful suggestion: start posting in all threads that you love the surplus system and wish they would be even stricter about it. This is guaranteed to make you lots of friends and get you instant rate-ups.


I lol'ed

+1


Sadly, this happened even when the beta was going on. Open beta will be upon us soon and then shorty after, official release.
#9 Aug 26 2010 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
Couple other things to occupy myself in the meantime:

1. Upgrade my PC so I can maximize my settings for OB.
2. Pay my overdue bills, and preset payment dates for upcoming bills so I don't have to worry about it during OB.
3. Stock up my pantry and refrigerator so I don't have to do grocery shopping during OB.

Should be a good start.
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#10 Aug 26 2010 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Dragon Age
Oblivion
Starcraft 2
Minecraft

The list goes on ^^
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#11 Aug 26 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Decent
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Dragon Age
Oblivion
Starcraft 2
Minecraft

The list goes on ^^

I'll be playing some SC2 myself this weekend. I haven't touched it in over a week. I might even log into XI.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#12 Aug 26 2010 at 6:26 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
I'm playing Civ 3 and naming all of my cities after FFXI areas.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#13 Aug 26 2010 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
I'm busy getting nuked.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#14 Aug 26 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
I'm busy getting naked.


FTFY. Smiley: laugh
#15 Aug 26 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
764 posts
I tried #5 and I'm still recovering from the shock. Please don't plays such things out so lightly, your warning comment doesn't even come close to what it should be..

edit: this has been bugging me, I could swear osarion was a guru but he's showing up as sage to me >.> or am I mistaken

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:34pm by Silverwyrm
____________________________


#16 Aug 26 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
Achievement Unlocked: 3a)

I'll be playing KotoR, TF2, and Left 4 Dead a lot until Open Beta. Steam name's in my sig if anyone wants to join me Smiley: grin

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:33pm by PLDXavier
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#17 Aug 26 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Excellent
**
409 posts
Silverwyrm wrote:
I tried #5 and I'm still recovering from the shock. Please don't plays such things out so lightly, your warning comment doesn't even come close to what it should be..

edit: this has been bugging me, I could swear osarion was a guru but he's showing up as sage to me >.> or am I mistaken

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:34pm by Silverwyrm


You're eyes are indeed correct.

The karma nuking has been absolutely devastating, it's like they dropped a nuke on everyone's karma.

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:43pm by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#18 Aug 26 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,550 posts
I'm personally working on a getting all the ins and outs of a few more magey support dudes in LoL.
Right now I'm maining Zilean. TIME BOMB TIME BOMB TIME BOMB.
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
Don't listen to bisexuals.
Aripyanfar wrote:
All bi's are ****-tarts.
#19 Aug 26 2010 at 7:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
82 posts
Quote:
5: Go outside and do things with other people. (NOTE: This is extremely dangerous and should ONLY be used if all other options have been exhausted.)


I tried this. Epic failure. No one communicated with a keyboard. And oddly enough there were cars transporting the population. Chocobos seemed to be extinct! *gasps*
#20 Aug 26 2010 at 8:43 PM Rating: Excellent
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
Silverwyrm wrote:
I tried #5 and I'm still recovering from the shock. Please don't plays such things out so lightly, your warning comment doesn't even come close to what it should be..

edit: this has been bugging me, I could swear osarion was a guru but he's showing up as sage to me >.> or am I mistaken

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:34pm by Silverwyrm


You're eyes are indeed correct.

The karma nuking has been absolutely devastating, it's like they dropped a nuke on everyone's karma.

Edited, Aug 26th 2010 8:43pm by SickleSageKiroh



I've only been up to Sage karma so far. But there does seem to be a lot of rate down trolls lately.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)