Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Looks like we can keep our beta (and server) names...Follow

#1 Aug 27 2010 at 6:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Perhaps this has been posted already but here goes anyway:

Quote:
Players will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the Worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.

If a different World is selected, the player will be unable to transfer the character name, and possibly unable to create a new character with that name.

Please note that only the character's name can be transferred. Other data such as physical levels and items cannot be transferred.

*Upon the transfer of player character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the Open Beta Test.
*With the character name that has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
*After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferrable.

Examples:
  	  World in the Open Beta Test 	Character Name 	World in the Official Release 
Transferrable 	      AAA 	                    Ccc_Ddd 	            AAA 
Untransferrable       AAA 	                    Ccc_Ddd 	            BBB



*Even if a character name is untransferrable, as long as another player is not using the name, Ccc_Ddd will be usable in World BBB.


I assume this means they are keeping the beta server names as well. Considering my all time favorite Final Fantasy is VIII I know which server I'm choosing!


#2 Aug 27 2010 at 6:14 AM Rating: Good
**
362 posts
I'm sure this is going to start a few fires. I don't think they should to this just to be fair to those who don't get into the beta, but I'm not really complaining about it either.
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#3 Aug 27 2010 at 6:23 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
85 posts
To be fair, you can't really not get into an open beta. Unless they seriously hold back on the amount they're letting in. In a selfish way, i'm for it, I'm pretty certain this way I can get the name I wish.
#4 Aug 27 2010 at 6:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
163 posts
WooShoo wrote:
I'm sure this is going to start a few fires. I don't think they should to this just to be fair to those who don't get into the beta, but I'm not really complaining about it either.


Agree completely. I don't find it fair to those who can't do the open beta but at the same time I really happy they did this so I can save my character's name ahead of release date. ^.^;;;
____________________________
So I rated you up for no good reason, big deal. Wanna fight about it?
#5 Aug 27 2010 at 6:28 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
RSquires wrote:
WooShoo wrote:
I'm sure this is going to start a few fires. I don't think they should to this just to be fair to those who don't get into the beta, but I'm not really complaining about it either.


Agree completely. I don't find it fair to those who can't do the open beta but at the same time I really happy they did this so I can save my character's name ahead of release date. ^.^;;;


With the addition of surnames I don't think duplicates will be that much of a problem. Though I suppose the people going for homages will be out of luck if they aren't in beta.

I call Yuna Lesca! :D
#6 Aug 27 2010 at 6:28 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
175 posts
All I can hope for is everyone gets into the open beta. Otherwise SE needs to learn what open means.
____________________________
FFXI:(Remora -> Leviathan -> Shiva) WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, SAM, DNC
FFXIV: (Rabanastre) Working on: CON ~ LNC





#7 Aug 27 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
29 posts
drkmod wrote:
All I can hope for is everyone gets into the open beta. Otherwise SE needs to learn what open means.


Open beta just means that the NDA is removed. It does not mean that everyone is invited to play it. It is true that most MMO's have made their open betas public, however it does not mean that SE has to honor that as well.
Just trying to clear that up because a lot of people think that's what open beta means

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 11:42am by Jeddik
#8 Aug 27 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
691 posts
Indeed, Open Beta means Open flow of information, not Open Doors. Allowing everyone in tends to lead to a worse overall launch day, as far as history has shown for MMOs. FFXI had pretty good launch days, and they never even had a external beta test phase outside of Japan.
#9 Aug 27 2010 at 2:49 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
Jeddik wrote:
Open beta just means that the NDA is removed. It does not mean that everyone is invited to play it. It is true that most MMO's have made their open betas public, however it does not mean that SE has to honor that as well.
Just trying to clear that up because a lot of people think that's what open beta means

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 11:42am by Jeddik

Haha I had no idea! Since it felt like we could pretty much talk about everything already during phase 3.

I hope I didn't blabber too much to get me banned...lol
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#10 Aug 27 2010 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Am I the only one here who doesn't care to keep their beta name? I have an entirely different name planned for retail than I've been using for the beta.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#11 Aug 27 2010 at 3:12 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Ralrra wrote:
Am I the only one here who doesn't care to keep their beta name? I have an entirely different name planned for retail than I've been using for the beta.


Nope I'm with ya, I picked my beta names with no intent on keeping them to begin with. I just used my name here for my elezen and looked at random objects in this room for my lalafell's name, thus he is Lasko(fan) Nikon(camera)
____________________________

#12 Aug 27 2010 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
So they are saying the closed beta names are the final names, or are they saying the open beta names are final?
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#13 Aug 27 2010 at 5:14 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Has there been any posts on beta regarding if transferring your character name will interfere with claiming the the Hermes shoes?

I hate when they same something definitive like you have to make a new character after linking the accounts to get the item. Then they throw in something like transferring a name but don't say if that counts as "creating" a character before the link.

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 7:15pm by Miserio

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 7:15pm by Miserio

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 7:16pm by Miserio

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 7:16pm by Miserio
#14 Aug 27 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
29 posts
uomaru wrote:
Jeddik wrote:
Open beta just means that the NDA is removed. It does not mean that everyone is invited to play it. It is true that most MMO's have made their open betas public, however it does not mean that SE has to honor that as well.
Just trying to clear that up because a lot of people think that's what open beta means

Edited, Aug 27th 2010 11:42am by Jeddik

Haha I had no idea! Since it felt like we could pretty much talk about everything already during phase 3.

I hope I didn't blabber too much to get me banned...lol


I think you're safe lol. I think the only thing not allowed to be shared right now is information in the form of video. So unless you made a video and posted it somewhere AND SE found out, you'll be fine.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)