Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Race balance?Follow

#1 Aug 27 2010 at 3:27 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
Sorry if this is an old topic...

but is there any insight on how the races are balanced? For instance, in FFXI, if you picked a Taru that basically meant you had to be a mage to be awesome, and if you picked a Galka you had to be a physical fighter, and so on.

If I pick a Lalafel gladiator am I already gimping myself this time around?
____________________________
ASUS G60vx laptop - Yes it runs FFXIV!
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.13 gHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260m 1GB VRAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
#2 Aug 27 2010 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
550 posts
no
____________________________
XI - Draiden 75DRG/75COR (Sylph, Retired 08)


#3 Aug 27 2010 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
there are no racial stat bonuses - at least at this point and stats are able to be reallocated.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Aug 27 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Hugznkisses wrote:
if you picked a Galka you had to be a physical fighter

You didn't have to be anything you didn't want to be. Some races just had stats that made it more advantageous to be casters or melee.

Two of my friends were level 75 Galka WHMs. I also knew a 75 Galka BLM, RDM, and BRD. They did their jobs just as well as any Taru. Perhaps even better, because they had to learn to conserve their limited MP.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#5 Aug 27 2010 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
10,907 posts
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
____________________________
Quote:
The Tower of Power, too sweet to be sour, I'm funky like a monkey, skies the limit and space is the place!
#6 Aug 27 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Good
Ralrra wrote:
Hugznkisses wrote:
if you picked a Galka you had to be a physical fighter

You didn't have to be anything you didn't want to be. Some races just had stats that made it more advantageous to be casters or melee.

Two of my friends were level 75 Galka WHMs. I also knew a 75 Galka BLM, RDM, and BRD. They did their jobs just as well as any Taru. Perhaps even better, because they had to learn to conserve their limited MP.


not to mention some of the racial gear had tons of MP on it etc.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#7 Aug 27 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Decent
38 posts
haha... yeah, I know, I've heard the touching tales of such people. But I'm not arguing whether or not a Galka WHM can do its job decent.

I'm talking about the fact that if you have a Taru BLM, and a Galka BLM, who are both as skilled and efficient, that Taru blows the Galka out of the water. Way out.
____________________________
ASUS G60vx laptop - Yes it runs FFXIV!
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.13 gHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260m 1GB VRAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
#8 Aug 27 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Good
Doug, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`


well played.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)