Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

A Little Less QQ Pls.....Follow

#1 Aug 29 2010 at 3:48 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
160 posts
Quite frankly alot of you are really starting to hinder my excitement for this game. Not because of beta reports and ESPECIALLY not because of surplus melodrama. Primarily because the vast amount of whining happening already reminds me all too much of that little kiddie day care alot of us like to call WoW. Speaking of WoW...

Over the last few days alot of folks have openly stated they want this game to be more like that atrocity. GTFO!!! Please, please SE don't change the current system that we're being told is going to be implemented. All I see is ultimately a game that will force recognition of SKILL over level. The MMO world needs a change of pace and a new look. Thank you in advance SE if you stick to your guns on this one!!!!

Been waiting all week to post this....whew, feel better already!!

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 5:58pm by thumperbs
#2 Aug 29 2010 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
You're a little late. The bulk of the QQ'ing seems to have already passed here. A for effort, though Smiley: wink
#3 Aug 29 2010 at 3:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
160 posts
Better late than never...

I've been stuck in Hong Kong for the last month and have been lurking here unable to post through the hotel IP for some reason.

Must say I'm absolutely ecstatic about this game though.
#4 Aug 29 2010 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#5 Aug 29 2010 at 4:28 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Whining is what brings change for better or worse.. Whining is what made FFXIV the way it is today. Can't really tell people not to voice their opinions and feelings just because you don't feel the same way.
#6 Aug 29 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


+1

Quote:
Whining is what brings change for better or worse.. Whining is what made FFXIV the way it is today. Can't really tell people not to voice their opinions and feelings just because you don't feel the same way.


True, no matter how much I dislike WoW and all the fanboys their incessant whining actually gets them good updates and content added to the game.
#7 Aug 29 2010 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,159 posts
Honestly, there's more whining about people whining there there actually people whining about the game. Take a chill pill. This is beta, and people have legitimate concerns that they want fixed as is the case usually in betas...no point defending a game that hasn't even been released and, quite frankly, you probably haven't played yet.
#8 Aug 29 2010 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
**
409 posts
thumperbs wrote:
Speaking of WoW...

Over the last few days alot of folks have openly stated they want this game to be more like that atrocity. GTFO!!! Please, please SE don't change the current system that we're being told is going to be implemented. All I see is ultimately a game that will force recognition of SKILL over level. The MMO world needs a change of pace and a new look.
Edited, Aug 29th 2010 5:58pm by thumperbs


Just because a crappy system exists in a good game doesn't mean it's a good system. Conversely, just because a good system exists in a bad game doesn't mean it's a bad system. New does not mean good and old does not mean bad, and it's people who think the way you do that destroy good games because they want every system in the game to be "BRAND SPANKING NEW OR GTFO!".

Also, no video game system is new anymore. Every system that exists in games is a copy or slight alteration of a system that already exists.

Edit: Did I just inadvertently defend WoW? Oh...god...I feel so cheap and dirty.

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 6:48pm by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#9 Aug 29 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
*
61 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


+1

Quote:
Whining is what brings change for better or worse.. Whining is what made FFXIV the way it is today. Can't really tell people not to voice their opinions and feelings just because you don't feel the same way.


True, no matter how much I dislike WoW and all the fanboys their incessant whining actually gets them good updates and content added to the game.


I disagree here a little bit. There is definitely whining, and it's certainly incessant, but the good updates and content added to the game has a lot to do with the quality of the developers and for every 1000 trolls on the forums there are at least a few moderately to highly intelligent players who bring valid arguments and reasoning to the table - even if it's not on the forums directly. Having such a large community is a curse, and a gift, depending on what the developers do with it. Luckily, despite the fact that WoW's not my cup of tea, they do the right thing a large majority of the time. (No RealID debate please >.< )
#10 Aug 29 2010 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
DesmondTierney wrote:
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


+1

Quote:
Whining is what brings change for better or worse.. Whining is what made FFXIV the way it is today. Can't really tell people not to voice their opinions and feelings just because you don't feel the same way.


True, no matter how much I dislike WoW and all the fanboys their incessant whining actually gets them good updates and content added to the game.


I disagree here a little bit. There is definitely whining, and it's certainly incessant, but the good updates and content added to the game has a lot to do with the quality of the developers and for every 1000 trolls on the forums there are at least a few moderately to highly intelligent players who bring valid arguments and reasoning to the table - even if it's not on the forums directly. Having such a large community is a curse, and a gift, depending on what the developers do with it. Luckily, despite the fact that WoW's not my cup of tea, they do the right thing a large majority of the time. (No RealID debate please >.< )


Yeah, I gotta say; post LK WoW has been beaten to death with a nerf bat as a direct result of player whining.

I know I keep using this quote, and I'm going to keep using it:

There are two ways to ruin a game. One is to ignore your players and the other is to give them what they want.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#11 Aug 29 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


I knew this was coming.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#12 Aug 29 2010 at 4:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
I disagree here a little bit. There is definitely whining, and it's certainly incessant, but the good updates and content added to the game has a lot to do with the quality of the developers and for every 1000 trolls on the forums there are at least a few moderately to highly intelligent players who bring valid arguments and reasoning to the table - even if it's not on the forums directly. Having such a large community is a curse, and a gift, depending on what the developers do with it. Luckily, despite the fact that WoW's not my cup of tea, they do the right thing a large majority of the time. (No RealID debate please >.< )


It was doin' alright(even though I wasn't playing it most of the time) until they busted out with the motorcycles and I was all WTF?!
#13 Aug 29 2010 at 4:56 PM Rating: Good
*
61 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
DesmondTierney wrote:
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


+1

Quote:
Whining is what brings change for better or worse.. Whining is what made FFXIV the way it is today. Can't really tell people not to voice their opinions and feelings just because you don't feel the same way.


True, no matter how much I dislike WoW and all the fanboys their incessant whining actually gets them good updates and content added to the game.


I disagree here a little bit. There is definitely whining, and it's certainly incessant, but the good updates and content added to the game has a lot to do with the quality of the developers and for every 1000 trolls on the forums there are at least a few moderately to highly intelligent players who bring valid arguments and reasoning to the table - even if it's not on the forums directly. Having such a large community is a curse, and a gift, depending on what the developers do with it. Luckily, despite the fact that WoW's not my cup of tea, they do the right thing a large majority of the time. (No RealID debate please >.< )


Yeah, I gotta say; post LK WoW has been beaten to death with a nerf bat as a direct result of player whining.

I know I keep using this quote, and I'm going to keep using it:

There are two ways to ruin a game. One is to ignore your players and the other is to give them what they want.


I think we'll definitely have to agree to disagree. I don't play anymore, though I played in a top tier raid guild until the end of BC, and I thought the game was considerably more refined when I played LK casually than it was all the way leading up to it. Nearly everything about it has improved substantially from release, with the exception of raid difficulty which is really what everyone equates to the game getting "worse", and resulted in me enjoying LK much more than the older content.

More on topic here, I'm excited for XIV and it's approach to things. I certainly hope it turns out to be the right balance of skill to difficulty ratio - which WoW is definitely not.
#14 Aug 29 2010 at 6:19 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
160 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Sigh...I've been rated down for using a term that has been used by 99.9% of the online game playing community at least once. It's a universal term meant to grab your attention and surprise, surprise it works by golly!!!

IQ you say? 143-160 depending on what model is being used. Sadly I've had to do a number of these over the years starting with the military and then continuing into my current profession as a production engineer. I get to go to work everyday and study how people work, literally. From keystrokes on a keyboard to how much physical activity the human body can endure physically and mentally. The choices I have and continue to make in my own life give me a unique perspective on what I believe SE is trying to do. To put it quite simply, they are absolutely brilliant but with one inherent flaw.

The standard human being hates to change and the incessant crying about this game proves it. The whole being "forced to play their way" perspective is pretty absurd everyone. How many times has something been rammed down your throat due to extensive R&D? Alot. I'll go ahead and use WoW as example here.....how many people in that game continued to play with a condition most on this board will relate to as "altism." There was actually a study done on this subject at Berkley and the short answer was the VAST majority of that gaming population. SE is just evolving the genre why don't all of you follow suit?

BTW....it's funny that after what six years since I started playing FFXI so many of you crying now were crying way back then. Step outside your box people, SE is trying to give you something new and you're going to shoot it down before your narrow focused little brains can even comprehend it.
#15 Aug 29 2010 at 6:46 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
thumperbs wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Sigh...I've been rated down for using a term that has been used by 99.9% of the online game playing community at least once. It's a universal term meant to grab your attention and surprise, surprise it works by golly!!!


Did you know that 74.35% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Care to provide some sort of proof of an exact number of how many people comprise the "online game playing community" as well as evidence that .1% or less of them have never used this term, especially considering that you are including people from countries that don't even speak English?

Obviously that's a BS statistic, so I just figured I'd rail on you for it a bit. Also, I do enjoy that you felt you needed to counter my pointing out your use of an adolescent gaming term frequently used by people who think they're "zomg MLG pro hax gamers" by giving me a history of your test scores. Were you expecting me to be like "Oh, my bad; I didn't realize you were intelligent and the fact that you have told me your IQ proves it. I apologize for having mocked your juvenile vocabulary."

It's still a dumb term and you belie your allegedly spectacular IQ by using it.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#16 Aug 29 2010 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Rated the OP up for great justice, and because I think people in the FFXIV community need to get over the use of phrases like "DPS," "Toon," and "QQ."

Orz

I also have a very high IQ (and terrific hair) and I think QQ at least gets points for being visual.

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:50pm by KarlHungis
#17 Aug 29 2010 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
4 posts
Thumperbs, way to make yourself look more like someone who does nothing productive for a video game than trying to cause more drama within the community. Everyone's opinions differ, everyone plays differently, and there's no point trying to demand that everyone just let something pass if it upsets them.
I'll just stop there, pointless thread I.M.O

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:51pm by Vambrick
#18 Aug 29 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


lol y u mad tho
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#19 Aug 29 2010 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Another fact about people who use the term QQ:

They're -really- easy to troll, apparently. Smiley: lol
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#20 Aug 29 2010 at 6:57 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,444 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
thumperbs wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Sigh...I've been rated down for using a term that has been used by 99.9% of the online game playing community at least once. It's a universal term meant to grab your attention and surprise, surprise it works by golly!!!


Did you know that 74.35% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Care to provide some sort of proof of an exact number of how many people comprise the "online game playing community" as well as evidence that .1% or less of them have never used this term, especially considering that you are including people from countries that don't even speak English?

Obviously that's a BS statistic, so I just figured I'd rail on you for it a bit. Also, I do enjoy that you felt you needed to counter my pointing out your use of an adolescent gaming term frequently used by people who think they're "zomg MLG pro hax gamers" by giving me a history of your test scores. Were you expecting me to be like "Oh, my bad; I didn't realize you were intelligent and the fact that you have told me your IQ proves it. I apologize for having mocked your juvenile vocabulary."

It's still a dumb term and you belie your allegedly spectacular IQ by using it.


Have to agree, the terms "QQ" and especially "nerdrage" are used for one thing, and one thing only: To invalidate someone's argument by insulting the argument.

If you think I'm wrong about something, fine cool, provide contrary evidence, have a discussion, maybe attempt to show me a different perspective I may not have considered. It's certainly possible that I can be wrong (it happens with alarming frequency actually), but if you want to say I'm wrong, I'm going to require you to come up with an actual reason.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#21 Aug 29 2010 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
175 posts
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Rated the OP up for great justice, and because I think people in the FFXIV community need to get over the use of phrases like "DPS," "Toon," and "QQ."

Orz

I also have a very high IQ (and terrific hair) and I think QQ at least gets points for being visual.

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:50pm by KarlHungis


Upvote for your "alleged" great hair :D

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:58pm by Alkerr
____________________________


#22 Aug 29 2010 at 7:06 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Since the topic (or the lack of it) doesn't seem to matter any more, let me contribute to the ranting.

Well... on topic (isn't this ironic?) making a thread to whine about people who whine isn't a bit ineffective?, seriously what did you expect? people to start thinking "Everyone look! Thumperbs seem to have hit the nail on the head, let's stop whining it's useless!!!" do you honestly consider your own opinion that important?

Internet recurrence never stops to amuse me, I only get a bit tired of it... time to time.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#23 Aug 29 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
kenage wrote:
Since the topic (or the lack of it) doesn't seem to matter any more, let me contribute to the ranting.

Well... on topic (isn't this ironic?) making a thread to whine about people who whine isn't a bit ineffective?, seriously what did you expect? people to start thinking "Everyone look! Thumperbs seem to have hit the nail on the head, let's stop whining it's useless!!!" do you honestly consider your own opinion that important?

Internet recurrence never stops to amuse me, I only get a bit tired of it... time to time.

Ken


Such is the cycle of the Internet.

1) Something happens. It doesn't matter what.
2) People complain. Again, it doesn't matter what happened, people ALWAYS complain.
3) Other people tell the first people to stop complaining.
4) Group 2 complains about rampant complaints.
5) Group 1 explains to group 2 why they believe their complaints are legitimate. Group 3 tells groups 2 and 1 to stop complaining.
6) Groups 4, 2, and 1 tell group 3 to stop complaining.

Repeat ad infinitum.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#24 Aug 29 2010 at 7:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
kenage wrote:
Since the topic (or the lack of it) doesn't seem to matter any more, let me contribute to the ranting.

Well... on topic (isn't this ironic?) making a thread to whine about people who whine isn't a bit ineffective?, seriously what did you expect? people to start thinking "Everyone look! Thumperbs seem to have hit the nail on the head, let's stop whining it's useless!!!" do you honestly consider your own opinion that important?

Internet recurrence never stops to amuse me, I only get a bit tired of it... time to time.

Ken


Such is the cycle of the Internet.

1) Something happens. It doesn't matter what.
2) People complain. Again, it doesn't matter what happened, people ALWAYS complain.
3) Other people tell the first people to stop complaining.
4) Group 2 complains about rampant complaints.
5) Group 1 explains to group 2 why they believe their complaints are legitimate. Group 3 tells groups 2 and 1 to stop complaining.
6) Groups 4, 2, and 1 tell group 3 to stop complaining.

Repeat ad infinitum.


7) One person effectively summarizes the entirety of the complaining system in 6) steps.
#25 Aug 29 2010 at 7:23 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Such is the cycle of the Internet.

1) Something happens. It doesn't matter what.
2) People complain. Again, it doesn't matter what happened, people ALWAYS complain.
3) Other people tell the first people to stop complaining.
4) Group 2 complains about rampant complaints.
5) Group 1 explains to group 2 why they believe their complaints are legitimate. Group 3 tells groups 2 and 1 to stop complaining.
6) Groups 4, 2, and 1 tell group 3 to stop complaining.

Repeat ad infinitum.


Smiley: nod



I'm no fan of the term "QQ." It's a snarky way of belittling one's target. Nor am I a fan of "GTFO", OP.



Edited, Aug 29th 2010 9:25pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#26 Aug 29 2010 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Alkerr wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Rated the OP up for great justice, and because I think people in the FFXIV community need to get over the use of phrases like "DPS," "Toon," and "QQ."

Orz

I also have a very high IQ (and terrific hair) and I think QQ at least gets points for being visual.

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:50pm by KarlHungis


Upvote for your "alleged" great hair :D

Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:58pm by Alkerr


Having great hair is its own reward, but thank you for the sentiment.
#27 Aug 29 2010 at 7:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Osarion, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
You're a little late. The bulk of the QQ'ing seems to have already passed here. A for effort, though Smiley: wink


Well if they got all the QQing out of their little systems. One could hope they start visiting and particpating with the job forums.
#28 Aug 29 2010 at 8:16 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
thumperbs wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Sigh...I've been rated down for using a term that has been used by 99.9% of the online game playing community at least once. It's a universal term meant to grab your attention and surprise, surprise it works by golly!!!


Did you know that 74.35% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Care to provide some sort of proof of an exact number of how many people comprise the "online game playing community" as well as evidence that .1% or less of them have never used this term, especially considering that you are including people from countries that don't even speak English?

Obviously that's a BS statistic, so I just figured I'd rail on you for it a bit. Also, I do enjoy that you felt you needed to counter my pointing out your use of an adolescent gaming term frequently used by people who think they're "zomg MLG pro hax gamers" by giving me a history of your test scores. Were you expecting me to be like "Oh, my bad; I didn't realize you were intelligent and the fact that you have told me your IQ proves it. I apologize for having mocked your juvenile vocabulary."

It's still a dumb term and you belie your allegedly spectacular IQ by using it.
I found "pls" to be a lot more aggravating. Particularly the irony that you're asking a favor of others but don't have enough effort to type all 6 letters in "please".
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#29 Aug 29 2010 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
bsphil wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
thumperbs wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


Sigh...I've been rated down for using a term that has been used by 99.9% of the online game playing community at least once. It's a universal term meant to grab your attention and surprise, surprise it works by golly!!!


Did you know that 74.35% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Care to provide some sort of proof of an exact number of how many people comprise the "online game playing community" as well as evidence that .1% or less of them have never used this term, especially considering that you are including people from countries that don't even speak English?

Obviously that's a BS statistic, so I just figured I'd rail on you for it a bit. Also, I do enjoy that you felt you needed to counter my pointing out your use of an adolescent gaming term frequently used by people who think they're "zomg MLG pro hax gamers" by giving me a history of your test scores. Were you expecting me to be like "Oh, my bad; I didn't realize you were intelligent and the fact that you have told me your IQ proves it. I apologize for having mocked your juvenile vocabulary."

It's still a dumb term and you belie your allegedly spectacular IQ by using it.
I found "pls" to be a lot more aggravating. Particularly the irony that you're asking a favor of others but don't have enough effort to type all 6 letters in "please".


Oh my God, this. Whenever I see "pls"/"plz", I think "I'm too lazy to ask nicely, but I expect someone to help me."
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#30 Aug 29 2010 at 8:33 PM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
It's spelled plz.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#31 Aug 29 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
I'm looking forward to this thread title fading into the oblivion of page 2.
#32 Aug 29 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
I'm looking forward to this thread title fading into the oblivion of page 2.


And I just ruined it.
#33 Aug 29 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
I'm looking forward to this thread title fading into the oblivion of page 2.


And I just ruined it.


Noooooooooo!!!

:)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#34 Aug 29 2010 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
I'm looking forward to this thread title fading into the oblivion of page 2.


And I just ruined it.


Oh, the irony!
#35 Aug 30 2010 at 3:21 AM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
Quote:
It's spelled plz.


I've seen the 'przzzzz' variant, and the number of 'z' is relative to the persons desperation.
And the biggest annoyance for me is actually the silent please, they immediately turn you into a slave ^^.

hmm... it feels so alone not knowing what QQ means... guess I'll go look it up..
#36 Aug 30 2010 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Just gonna take this chance to ask: what does QQ stand for? sorry its a stupid question but one guy online in FFXIV said something to me followed by "QQ" and in the context of things I understand what it means but what does it actually mean? lol. Thanks.
____________________________
MUTED
#37 Aug 30 2010 at 3:40 AM Rating: Excellent
*
84 posts
QQ stands for crying. The two Q's are suppose to be eyes with tears coming down.
____________________________
FFXI Server: Valefor Characters: Oishii and Elviss
75 Paladin 75 Samurai 43 White Mage
WoW 74 Paladin Faithseeker
#38 Aug 30 2010 at 5:11 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Less QQ, moar pew pew
#39 Aug 30 2010 at 5:20 AM Rating: Default
*
80 posts
WOW noobs QQ

Real men T_T
#40 Aug 30 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Good
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
I'd like to correct the inane and grossly incorrect statement I made earlier. I've been away from xi for so long that I've forgotten how to actually ask for help.

The correct usage is "przu". That is what I use. (Srsly srs)
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#41 Aug 30 2010 at 6:06 AM Rating: Good
**
749 posts
What you said:

Quote:
Quite frankly alot of you are really starting to hinder my excitement for this game. Not because of beta reports and ESPECIALLY not because of surplus melodrama. Primarily because the vast amount of whining happening already reminds me all too much of that little kiddie day care alot of us like to call WoW. Speaking of WoW...



What I got out of it:

QQ! QQ! QQ! QQ! QQ! QQ!

I'm not the biggest fan of the phrase, but I figured if the shoe fits . . .


____________________________
http://www.rantmedia.ca/newsreal/
http://www.piratepartyradio.com


The Truth is a virus
#42 Aug 30 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Actually, we were talking about this in IRC last night. Alt Q Q in Warcraft 1 was the shortcut to quit the game, so QQ originally referred to ragequits, not crying. My assumption is that people thought the Qs looked like tears (Personally I still think ;; looks more like tears; QQ looks like a pair of monacles to me) and the meaning got distorted at some point.

It makes even less sense in the usage of crying because I can't really fathom anyone -actually- crying in nearly all situations where the term is used.

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 11:14am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#43 Aug 30 2010 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Actually, we were talking about this in IRC last night. Alt Q Q in Warcraft 1 was the shortcut to quit the game, so QQ originally referred to ragequits, not crying. My assumption is that people thought the Qs looked like tears (Personally I still think ;; looks more like tears; QQ looks like a pair of monacles to me) and the meaning got distorted at some point.

It makes even less sense in the usage of crying because I can't really fathom anyone -actually- crying in nearly all situations where the term is used.

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 11:14am by Mikhalia


Regardless of what it might have originally meant, it now refers to two crying eyes.
#44 Aug 30 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


IQ isn't a "real word". It's an acronym. So acronyms are fine with you but internet shortcuts are not? So what about acronyms that are generally internet exclusive.. such as "lol" or "wtf"? You know what.. I actually don't care what your answer is. I don't understand why you think people should tiptoe around your specific needs. Why is it everybody's job to make sure your happy? Touchy people should have their own FFXIV forum they can go to and troll each other.

Sorry.. got off on a tangent there. I actually thought the OP had a great point, despite whether or not it was all proper English or not. I can't help but feel it's kind of lame for someone to come over and try to derail the whole thing just because they don't happen to like "QQ".
#45 Aug 30 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
[quote=thumperbs]

Obviously that's a BS statistic


Please stick with actual words. That "BS" thing is really throwing me way off and I'm just not enjoying this thread as much as I should. Thanks.
#46 Aug 30 2010 at 11:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
544 posts
runtheplacered wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
[quote=thumperbs]

Obviously that's a BS statistic


Please stick with actual words. That "BS" thing is really throwing me way off and I'm just not enjoying this thread as much as I should. Thanks.


Stop trying to funny and clever - you're failing at both, hard.
____________________________
Counting Sheep of Balmung



#47 Aug 30 2010 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Complaining about the complainers is the cool thing to do now, apparently.
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#48 Aug 30 2010 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Another fact about people who use the term QQ:

They're -really- easy to troll, apparently. Smiley: lol


runtheplacered wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Rate down just for using the term "QQ". It's an annoying term frequently used by people with an IQ to match their character's level.

Stick to real words, thanks.


IQ isn't a "real word". It's an acronym. So acronyms are fine with you but internet shortcuts are not? So what about acronyms that are generally internet exclusive.. such as "lol" or "wtf"? You know what.. I actually don't care what your answer is. I don't understand why you think people should tiptoe around your specific needs. Why is it everybody's job to make sure your happy? Touchy people should have their own FFXIV forum they can go to and troll each other.

Sorry.. got off on a tangent there. I actually thought the OP had a great point, despite whether or not it was all proper English or not. I can't help but feel it's kind of lame for someone to come over and try to derail the whole thing just because they don't happen to like "QQ".


Screenshot


Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 1:23pm by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#49 Aug 30 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
175 posts
Vackashken wrote:
runtheplacered wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
[quote=thumperbs]

Obviously that's a BS statistic


Please stick with actual words. That "BS" thing is really throwing me way off and I'm just not enjoying this thread as much as I should. Thanks.


Stop trying to funny and clever - you're failing at both, hard.


Extremely hard. I face-palmed when I read both of his "rants." There is a difference between acronyms and 1337 sp34k.
____________________________


#50 Aug 30 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Alkerr wrote:
Vackashken wrote:
runtheplacered wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
[quote=thumperbs]

Obviously that's a BS statistic


Please stick with actual words. That "BS" thing is really throwing me way off and I'm just not enjoying this thread as much as I should. Thanks.


Stop trying to funny and clever - you're failing at both, hard.


Extremely hard. I face-palmed when I read both of his "rants." There is a difference between acronyms and 1337 sp34k.


Indeed. Leave the ranting to the people who are good at it. I didn't even point out his misuse of "your" when it should have been "you're" either.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#51 Aug 30 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Excellent
*
126 posts
I rated you up for the picture Mikhalia. I laughed pretty good at that one.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)