Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

A conspiracy theoryFollow

#1 Aug 29 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Decent
So, while at work today, I got to thinking about this whole fatigue system. They say it is so the casuals do not fall too far behind the hardcore players. But is that the real reason, or does SE have another reason behind it. As we all know, the PS3 version has been delayed, and will be starting months behind the PC. As we also know, most of the Japanese players would be using the PS3 instead of the PC. So obviously, the real reason for the fatigue system is to keep the rest of us from getting to far ahead of the Japanese players, who we know SE tends to favor. Once the PS3 version is released, they will finally decide to remove the system. But why release the PC version early then you may ask. Paid beta testing for the PS3 release, of course. That's right SE, I am on to your little tricks.



(Please note, this post is not meant to be taken seriously, and is the result of a overworked, sleep deprived mind in much need of stimulation.)
____________________________
[wowsig]1572354[/wowsig]
#2 Aug 29 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
413 posts
I know you're (semi)joking, but I think most of it is head on lol.
____________________________
FFXI:
Trazier-Lakshimi(Garuda) Server:
Tarutaru BLM75/DRG75/SMN60/RDM48/WHM45

Theonehio wrote:
PsylockePhoenix wrote:
I apoligize if it came off wrong, in my head it didnt sound argumentive.


You're on Allah, just posting can be turned into an argument.
#3 Aug 29 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
There's a lot of smoke, but some fire there. Combine that with the conspiracy theory that endgame isn't developed and it's a temporary system to stall us while it gets finished and you have a fun topic. Some people really do believe that's the case and if SE eliminates the surplus system later claiming "It's not working as planned" people will wonder. Especially if that happens around PS3 release, people will think that was the plan all along...
____________________________

#4 Aug 29 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
413 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
There's a lot of smoke, but some fire there. Combine that with the conspiracy theory that endgame isn't developed and it's a temporary system to stall us while it gets finished and you have a fun topic. Some people really do believe that's the case and if SE eliminates the surplus system later claiming "It's not working as planned" people will wonder. Especially if that happens around PS3 release, people will think that was the plan all along...


Even if that is what eventually happens. It's not gonna change anything either way. People will still play the game lol. Yea, we may talk a lot of sh*t, but the game is gonna get played. #shrug lol
____________________________
FFXI:
Trazier-Lakshimi(Garuda) Server:
Tarutaru BLM75/DRG75/SMN60/RDM48/WHM45

Theonehio wrote:
PsylockePhoenix wrote:
I apoligize if it came off wrong, in my head it didnt sound argumentive.


You're on Allah, just posting can be turned into an argument.
#5 Aug 29 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
**
529 posts
I honestly don't think the japanese will be using the ps3 for ffxiv more then the pc. I don't know where this speculation came from, although i've also heard it. In my years of ffxi the majority of JP ls's that i saw endgame were most likely using PCs as they had the most/best bots out there.

I honestly just think the push towards casual is just that. A push towards casual. It just doesnt make sense to me. Those that are casual dont play much therefore won't really get to enjoy all aspects of the game due to their limited play times. Also, I'd expect casuals to be the highest rate of subscription cancellations as well. So the reason they implemented this system is beyond me. Its there, thats all I know.

Another thing I don't get is, with having to spread out our leveling with other classes and the want to slow down our progress altogether. This will just make cookie cutter people. Everyone will be the same. Nothing unique about everyone endgame having all the same classes/abilities/stats.
____________________________

#6 Aug 29 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Decent
Well if it is, then I can bump this up and say I called it :).
____________________________
[wowsig]1572354[/wowsig]
#7 Aug 29 2010 at 5:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
So, while at work today, I got to thinking about this whole fatigue system.


It's actually a Threshold system according to SE's translation on the Beta Test site. =)
#8 Aug 29 2010 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,081 posts
OP I don't think this whole surplus situation is racially motivated, but rather developmentally motivated. While SE is releasing a beautiful game on the 22nd and 30th, it is one that is far from finished. They have released zero information about what end game content and systems could possibly be like. We haven't heard anything about instances, dungeons, or anything of the sort. The main marketing point seemed to be guild leves. Another troubling thing is that the only official chart I saw from SE which showed the amount of experience it takes raise physical level and class level was capped at 30. Now this could simply be what they chose to put on the chart, or it could reflect as they developed the game. We can merely speculate because SE has chose to not divulge any details. What it feels like, to me at least, is that PC release will sort of like be an extended beta. This will allow the developers more time and money to finish the PS3 version and to add more content. I wouldn't be surprised is an "expansion pack" was imbedded into the PS3 release, which will simply be the other half of the game that should be released on the 22nd = p In any event, I am going to suck it up and throughly enjoy everything this game has to offer.
____________________________


#9 Aug 29 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Decent
*
80 posts
Quote:
OP I don't think this whole surplus situation is racially motivated, but rather developmentally motivated. While SE is releasing a beautiful game on the 22nd and 30th, it is one that is far from finished. They have released zero information about what end game content and systems could possibly be like. We haven't heard anything about instances, dungeons, or anything of the sort. The main marketing point seemed to be guild leves. Another troubling thing is that the only official chart I saw from SE which showed the amount of experience it takes raise physical level and class level was capped at 30. Now this could simply be what they chose to put on the chart, or it could reflect as they developed the game. We can merely speculate because SE has chose to not divulge any details. What it feels like, to me at least, is that PC release will sort of like be an extended beta. This will allow the developers more time and money to finish the PS3 version and to add more content. I wouldn't be surprised is an "expansion pack" was imbedded into the PS3 release, which will simply be the other half of the game that should be released on the 22nd = p In any event, I am going to suck it up and throughly enjoy everything this game has to offer.


I can see that happening, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the way the NA release of ffxi was with RoTZ packaged in it? Either way it doesn't bother me one bit, I'm really excited to get this game on the 22nd and experience the game. If we have to wait for the ps3 launch for some new content then so be it, I'm sure there will be more than enough to keep us busy besides just grinding our characters up to max level ASAP.
____________________________

#10 Aug 29 2010 at 6:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
46 posts
You guys do realize that your skill level, levels up significantly faster then your physical level. Its there predisposed system to control the flow of leveling classes. If you only played one class too long you become stuck. you can't be a level 25 player and have a gladiator at anything higher then 25. I don't see how this really helps casuals at all. All I see is how it coerces you to play 2-3 classes so you don't run your class level too close to over running it by your skill level.
____________________________
[img]http://ff14sp.com/tools/lodestone_data/imgs/Coglin Ohmsford Besaid 3 Dark-Angels.png[/img]
#11 Aug 29 2010 at 6:19 PM Rating: Decent
*
80 posts
Quote:
You guys do realize that your skill level, levels up significantly faster then your physical level. Its there predisposed system to control the flow of leveling classes. If you only played one class too long you become stuck. you can't be a level 25 player and have a gladiator at anything higher then 25. I don't see how this really helps casuals at all. All I see is how it coerces you to play 2-3 classes so you don't run your class level too close to over running it by your skill level.


Yep, and that's why there will be plenty to do!
____________________________

#12 Aug 29 2010 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
*
194 posts
coglins wrote:
You guys do realize that your skill level, levels up significantly faster then your physical level. Its there predisposed system to control the flow of leveling classes. If you only played one class too long you become stuck. you can't be a level 25 player and have a gladiator at anything higher then 25. I don't see how this really helps casuals at all. All I see is how it coerces you to play 2-3 classes so you don't run your class level too close to over running it by your skill level.


I had the exact opposite experience in phase 3. My physical level was 6 levels higher than my highest class. If you do nothing but grind to the xp cap, this could be the case, but, based on what I saw in phase 3, most people's phys level will be higher than any of their individual class levels. I don't think I heard of any exceptions either (though I didn't speak to everyone, so I can't say that for certain).
____________________________
FFXI: Edalya, Valefor Server 99WAR/99PLD/99DNC/75DRG (Retired)
FFXIV: Edalya Evenstar, Excalibur Server 46DRG
#13 Aug 29 2010 at 7:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
41 posts
Speaking of Japanese players.. are the servers international or region based? And if they are "international" how likely is it that the servers will be located in Japan?
____________________________
SA.
YO.
NA.
RA.
#14 Aug 30 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
550 posts
Oh well, the game has its limitations now, but in 3-5 years there will be so many changes to it to get new subs that it will be ridiculously easier than when it was first launched.
____________________________
XI - Draiden 75DRG/75COR (Sylph, Retired 08)


#15 Aug 30 2010 at 11:05 PM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
CEEREAL wrote:
Speaking of Japanese players.. are the servers international or region based? And if they are "international" how likely is it that the servers will be located in Japan?


Well FFXI's servers were all located in Japan. Usually if you're going to not do that, you'd mention it somewhere so that local players could connect to a local server.

Given that their servers are also not region-specific, it seems unlikely they'd bother putting them in different places around the world. Odds are good (90%+) that all servers for FFXIV are still located in Japan.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#16 Aug 31 2010 at 1:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
OP - Maybe,

But i am still subscribing to the theory that there is no/little end game content and SE are worried that people will power to the cap and then complain and everyone will stop playing.

My other theory is that after spending the last 3 years promoting the armoury system as a means by which players should level multiple jobs, SE have just decided to do exactly what they always planned to do and enforce use of the armoury system. Look at the logo people - this was always the way SE wanted their game to be played.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (31)