Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

HighSchool of the Dead = FFXIV?Follow

#1 Aug 30 2010 at 6:43 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
268 posts
So a friend of mine let me into this anime called "HighSchool of the Dead." I am only on the 3rd episode and I think its awesome... but I am watching this thinking of the characters as "disciplines" of FFXIV... mostly this scene in a wiki image here. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/HOTD_Cast.jpg They all banded up together and I seriously laughed. Takashi = Gladiator, Rei = Lancer, Saeko = Marauder, Saya = Thaumaturge, Kohta = Archer, Shizuka = Conjurer.

Bottom line is.... **** I can't stop thinking FFXIV...

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 6:44pm by Zalim
____________________________
Kula Vermillion - Mysidia

#2 Aug 30 2010 at 10:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Zalim wrote:
So a friend of mine let me into this anime called "HighSchool of the Dead." I am only on the 3rd episode and I think its awesome... but I am watching this thinking of the characters as "disciplines" of FFXIV... mostly this scene in a wiki image here. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/HOTD_Cast.jpg They all banded up together and I seriously laughed. Takashi = Gladiator, Rei = Lancer, Saeko = Marauder, Saya = Thaumaturge, Kohta = Archer, Shizuka = Conjurer.

Bottom line is.... **** I can't stop thinking FFXIV...

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 6:44pm by Zalim


Holy crap they made an anime of HotD? I love that manga!
#3 Aug 30 2010 at 10:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Shameless Highschool of the Dead plug is shameless.
But i love this anime lol. Can't go wrong with zombies, and hot samurai school girls with boobie bombs.

Here's a link to itif you wan't to check it out.
____________________________

#4 Aug 30 2010 at 10:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Friggin' sweet, now I have something to do till launch...beside work and catch up on all the yard work and fix it crap around the house.
#5 Aug 30 2010 at 10:57 PM Rating: Default
***
1,457 posts
SOUNDS AWESOME. MAN I LOVE ANIME. IT'S LIEK ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS EVER.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#6 Aug 30 2010 at 10:58 PM Rating: Excellent
I just subscribed to Anime Network and there are a lot of good series on there...yay another time sink.
#7 Aug 30 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
I just subscribed to Anime Network and there are a lot of good series on there...yay another time sink.

Good deal. I'm subscribed also. Paying for it helps them bring more, which is a good thing. I'm pretty paticular about what anime i watch, so more options is a good thing.
____________________________

#8 Aug 30 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
so, what are the bonuses of subscribing to this network of anime? Would you say its better than just torrenting bunches of series? Is it like a netflix of anime? You have me intrigued with this concept as i just got episodes 1-9 of HoTD
#9 Aug 30 2010 at 11:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Dagger99 wrote:
so, what are the bonuses of subscribing to this network of anime? Would you say its better than just torrenting bunches of series? Is it like a netflix of anime? You have me intrigued with this concept as i just got episodes 1-9 of HoTD


Subscribers can see all of the episodes that are on the site. People un subcribed can not. They have shows that are brand new doing simulcast (it plays in japan, and plays here). You got ep1-9 because 9 was the latest episode. It airs sunday nights at 11PM EST. Torrents are free, but you aren't helping the cause by not putting some cash into the industry. They also have a fair amount of classic favorites.

Edit: I'm not here to sell people anime lol, but check the site out if you want. i posted a link to it in an earlier post in this thread.



Edited, Aug 31st 2010 1:33am by Teneleven
____________________________

#10 Aug 30 2010 at 11:39 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
im already half sold, haha. Just two more questions.
Is there a lot of HD content you can see if you sign up, and whats pricing like?
Okay i think the anime network sales pitch will end after this, haha.
Edit: nevermind, i checked prices and whatnot. Sounds like a pretty good deal assuming they offer a large selection of stuff and a majority of it is in hd.

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 1:55am by Dagger99
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)