Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Snacks / Food / Drinks for The Golden Week of FFXIVFollow

#1 Aug 30 2010 at 6:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
656 posts
For those of you who have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition like me, who might also took off a day or two, or even a week to play before the regular edition release, what kind of snacks, foods and drinks are you gonna stock for that Golden week of FFXIV (9/22 to 9/29) so you can fully enjoy the game and munch on your favorite foods and sipping your favorite drinks.

Notice: Please DO NOT bring your surplus, maintainance, Release Day bug-fest topics to this thread. I would not appreciate it.

I want some Green Teas and cup noodles or ramens myself, you?
____________________________
モスタル


#2 Aug 30 2010 at 7:05 PM Rating: Excellent
*
201 posts
I have over 9000 freezepops in my freezer.
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#3 Aug 30 2010 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Usually if it's a release I'm really anticipating I have a bit of a ritual that involves either Chik-Fil-A or Zaxbys depending on which Gamestop I went to...either way it's some type of spicy chicken sandwhich or buffalo wings & such. Pick up the game, scan over the booklet and extras(in this case) as the food cooks then I'll pig out while the game installs.

Other than that, loads of combos, doritoes, funyuns & cookies and the usual hot pockets, party pizza, french bread pizza, bagel bites, & real delivered pizza(***** Digiorno's)
In the past and if this were a fighting or sports game lots of beer would probably be involved, but in this case I rather not be distracted by alcohol...
____________________________

#4 Aug 30 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Good
**
275 posts
Snacks? Food? Don't you know it's tradition to FORGET to eat during the first week of an MMORPG release? :P

Edit: Oh, to **** with tradition. I'm going to say kettle corn and some Kame rice crackers. Aaand skim milk. All three of which sound really good right about now. :(


Edited, Aug 30th 2010 9:10pm by Kaelia88
____________________________

#5 Aug 30 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
117 posts
Mt. Dew Code Red, kett;e cooked salt n pepper chips, and multiple 100-calorie bags of Nabisco snacks. My wife brings them home from the airport so I have a stock pile.....as well as a cuboard full of bloody mary mix /grin
#6 Aug 30 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Usually if it's a release I'm really anticipating I have a bit of a ritual that involves either Chik-Fil-A or Zaxbys depending on which Gamestop I went to...real delivered pizza(***** Digiorno's)...


Yessssssss.
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#7 Aug 30 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
I'm certainly going to make sure that I have a surplus of snacks at the ready for when I feel my blood sugar could use some maintenance, I just hope that many open junk food packages laying around following release day doesn't cause a bug infesttation until I can get around to cleaning it up.

Smiley: schooled

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 9:12pm by Sephrick
#8 Aug 30 2010 at 7:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
163 posts
Sephrick wrote:
I'm certainly going to make sure that I have a surplus of snacks at the ready for when I feel my blood sugar could use some maintenance, I just hope that many open junk food packages laying around following release day doesn't cause a bug infesttation until I can get around to cleaning it up.

Smiley: schooled

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 9:12pm by Sephrick



LMAO!

Hm.....for me and my girlfriend (more me then her as she still have college XD) it will be probly alot of chinese take-out, Mt dew, chocolate milk and one of those super sized bags of pepperoni pizza rolls, those things are soooo good.
____________________________
So I rated you up for no good reason, big deal. Wanna fight about it?
#9 Aug 30 2010 at 7:33 PM Rating: Decent
**
618 posts
With exploring the game for the 1`st time... i will prob forget to eat.. so im gonna set up a IV drip for the 1st few days so i dont die from not eatting.....

all kidding aside.. it will depend on if i get it at a midnight release.... is thats the case...Mt Dew (Voltage), if its not a midnight release.... probably just coffee..... not 1 for eatting a lot of snacks... well maybe a huge stick of pepperoni with sufice
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#10 Aug 30 2010 at 7:34 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
656 posts
Sephrick wrote:
I'm certainly going to make sure that I have a surplus of snacks at the ready for when I feel my blood sugar could use some maintenance, I just hope that many open junk food packages laying around following release day doesn't cause a bug infesttation until I can get around to cleaning it up.

Smiley: schooled

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 9:12pm by Sephrick


RATED DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
____________________________
モスタル


#11 Aug 30 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
*
80 posts
Beer (Kokanee) and pistachio's. Then it'll probably turn to coffee.
____________________________

#12 Aug 30 2010 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
784 posts
For drinks I'm probably going to stock up mostly on beer... which is expensive out here in Australia ($60 for a case of 24). I've taken the 22nd through the 24th off, so between that and the following Saturday and Sunday, I'll probably need at least 4-5 cases.

Not sure on snacks yet. Probably just something simple, like crackers with cheese and cold cuts/vegetables with dips. Maybe some chips and dips/salsas. I'll most likely stay away from anything that's too messy, or leaves powder/grease/oil on the fingers.
____________________________
Amazing linkshell/guild hosting

#13 Aug 30 2010 at 7:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
256 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:

Other than that, loads of combos, doritoes, funyuns & cookies and the usual hot pockets, party pizza, french bread pizza, bagel bites, & real delivered pizza(***** Digiorno's)

you lost me with the hot pockets (food poisoning once, bad experience.) but you gained it back with the ***** digiorno's b/c that sh*t is not the same as a delivered pizza.
____________________________
*Retired :: August 2002 - December 2005*
Raion
Ragnarok Server
Linkshells: DigitalBackSpin, DBSDynamis, CKofVD
PLD75-WAR45-RDM30-BLM30-WHM25-NIN25-THF25-RNG10-BST9
Goldsmith 85, Blacksmith 30
#14 Aug 30 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
I need pepsi, LOTS OF IT! D=<
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#15 Aug 30 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
/em cracks a cold one (again)

Beer and peanuts
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#16 Aug 30 2010 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
656 posts
i can see gamers dont like fruits at all
____________________________
モスタル


#17 Aug 30 2010 at 7:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
46 posts
ShinoHaven wrote:
I have over 9000 freezepops in my freezer.


At first I had to check your location to see if you were my room mate... he is a freezepop fiend.
#18 Aug 30 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Decent
16 posts
Quote:
i can see gamers dont like fruits at allt


I think I might get a bunch of fruit snacks :p
#19 Aug 30 2010 at 7:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
784 posts
I must admit, I'm currently not big on the fruits (kind of an on again off again sort of thing). I did put vegetables in my response though. That's even better for you than fruit (if you discount the dips) :P
____________________________
Amazing linkshell/guild hosting

#20 Aug 30 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
163 posts
Mostaru wrote:
i can see gamers dont like fruits at all


Actually, tomatos are fruits so pizza would cover that. :P
____________________________
So I rated you up for no good reason, big deal. Wanna fight about it?
#21 Aug 30 2010 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
723 posts
jhariya wrote:
Mt. Dew Code Red
Smiley: cry They don't sell Code Red or Voltage at any of the stores I've been to. I'm gonna have to hunt some down for this though.

Mostaru wrote:
i can see gamers dont like fruits at all

Wait... Mountain Dew isn't a fruit?

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 10:09pm by DeadlyLust
____________________________


Liberty is too precious a thing to be buried in books.
#22 Aug 30 2010 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
RSquires wrote:
Mostaru wrote:
i can see gamers dont like fruits at all


Actually, tomatos are fruits so pizza would cover that. :P


^^Nice...fruits are often those things I buy at the store under the category of "Stuff I'm gonna start eating more of", but then I pass them up for other things....I do really like plumbs though...
____________________________

#23 Aug 30 2010 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Jamaican style beef patties, tyson chicken *******, cheap beer, and whatever I bring home from class.
____________________________


#24 Aug 30 2010 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
A gf who likes to cook and spend my paychecks lol
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#25 Aug 30 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
**
618 posts
Quote:
DeadlyLust wrote:
:( They don't sell Code Red or Voltage at any of the stores I've been to. I'm gonna have to hunt some down for this though


Where abouts ya from.. maybe i can hook ya up and ship some your way
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#26 Aug 30 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
90 posts
Glad to see everyone will have plenty to eat while we sit through all the emergency maintenances.
#27 Aug 30 2010 at 9:07 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
I may have a glass of water/soda/beer/coffee nearby at all times but I don't really 'snack.'

I may eat a meal near my computer but I can't and won't do both at the same time; it just gets too messy. :(
#28 Aug 30 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
*
54 posts
Nos energy drinks, Marlboro Red cigarettes, and Ramen.
#29 Aug 30 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Hot pockets (the little cheeseburger bun things they have now are pretty good btw), diet pepsi, low carb Monsters and I'm sure there will be a carne asada burrito run or two. Oh and Ultimate vodka, I go drinking every Saturday and that's not going to change.
#30 Aug 30 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Hot pockets (the little cheeseburger bun things they have now are pretty good btw), diet pepsi, low carb Monsters and I'm sure there will be a carne asada burrito run or two. Oh and Ultimate vodka, I go drinking every Saturday and that's not going to change.



Commitment to hobbies is indeed an admirable trait.
#31 Aug 30 2010 at 9:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Sephrick wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Hot pockets (the little cheeseburger bun things they have now are pretty good btw), diet pepsi, low carb Monsters and I'm sure there will be a carne asada burrito run or two. Oh and Ultimate vodka, I go drinking every Saturday and that's not going to change.



Commitment to hobbies is indeed an admirable trait.


I'll enjoy FFXIV but I also enjoy booze, drunk women and bad karaoke. People are always saying that MMO players need to unplug more and have a hobby outside, this is mine Smiley: grin
#32 Aug 30 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
Im thinking of importing some filtered lucky strikes to enjoy smoking and then quit with my favorite cig...hopefully.
Other than those death machines, probably ramen as tradition, zaxbys after i get the game for sure, ive been craving that for weeks. Then chips, dips, MAYBE some celery and carrots after a couple days if i feel like ive messed up my body enough.
The second the servers go down or anything im making a homemade pizza/steak/venison/soup/surplus of sushi to save...Yeah cooking is the ****.
#33 Aug 30 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Dagger99 wrote:
Im thinking of importing some filtered lucky strikes to enjoy smoking and then quit with my favorite cig...hopefully.
Other than those death machines, probably ramen as tradition, zaxbys after i get the game for sure, ive been craving that for weeks. Then chips, dips, MAYBE some celery and carrots after a couple days if i feel like ive messed up my body enough.
The second the servers go down or anything im making a homemade pizza/steak/venison/soup/surplus of sushi to save...Yeah cooking is the sh*t.


Quick question: What's Zaxby's? We don't have those in California.
#34 Aug 30 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Dagger99 wrote:
zaxbys after i get the game for sure, ive been craving that for weeks.


Their buffalo sauces and Zax sauce are like drugs...I'm ****** that I have to pay 25 cents extra for each one, but I'll keep doing it. I just hope Whataburger never catches on to this and starts charging for extra ketchup packs, they have HQ ketchup...

Dude...
http://www.zaxbys.com/home.aspx
Fastfood buffalo wings & fingers


Edited, Aug 30th 2010 11:31pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#35 Aug 30 2010 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
You probably have a couple, they are just really spread out. Theres around 2 in a 100 mile radius from me here in (ugh) Texas. Its a pretty awesome chicken "restaurant." Its straight up fast food chicken but they try to make the inside feel like a sit down restaurant. The chicken Parmesan sandwich is orgasmic though
#36 Aug 30 2010 at 9:33 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
Seriously, Whataburger has ketchup +3. You can make your own zax sauce though, its just ketchup, miracle whip, worcestershire, ground pepper, and a bit of hot sauce(in mine at least).
I'm fairly sure thats how i made it a while back at least. IMO it tasted a bit better than the official version
#37 Aug 30 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Excellent
TwistedOwl wrote:
Dagger99 wrote:
zaxbys after i get the game for sure, ive been craving that for weeks.


Their buffalo sauces and Zax sauce are like drugs...I'm ****** that I have to pay 25 cents extra for each one, but I'll keep doing it. I just hope Whataburger never catches on to this and starts charging for extra ketchup packs, they have HQ ketchup...

Dude...
http://www.zaxbys.com/home.aspx
Fastfood buffalo wings & fingers


Edited, Aug 30th 2010 11:31pm by TwistedOwl


Looks good. **** we just got a Sonic in San Diego last year but the Sonic commercials were on TV for years before that. You know what it's like getting teased with a cherry limeade and chili cheese tater tots then realizing you have to drive 2 hours to get them? Just downright mean...
#38 Aug 30 2010 at 9:37 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Dagger99 wrote:
Seriously, Whataburger has ketchup +3. You can make your own zax sauce though, its just ketchup, miracle whip, worcestershire, ground pepper, and a bit of hot sauce(in mine at least).
I'm fairly sure thats how i made it a while back at least. IMO it tasted a bit better than the official version


Interesting...just ******** around I mixed Frank's Red Hot with Cavendar's Seasoning & a couple other things and it seemed "similar" to their buffalo sauce...might have to add those other ingredients and try some homemade Zax sauce...I would put that stuff on everything...
____________________________

#39 Aug 30 2010 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
haha, i put franks red hot on everything as it is. google homemade zax sauce, there are a few good recipes that are essentially what i posted. I add a couple drops of mustard and franks as well as some green tobasco and the "pain is good" brand super spicy sauce. Makes for a zax sauce that caters to my love of all things spicy and painful.
I did put it on everything for a while so i burned out on it though, i think release will see the first batch ive made for some time. Also, Enchilada casserole! Stupidly easy and you can make it in "OMG ill never eat all this" quantities
Edit: I might bake a pie too...
Things that i can just throw together in 20 minutes and bake are the best.

Edited, Aug 30th 2010 11:43pm by Dagger99
#40 Aug 30 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:

Looks good. **** we just got a Sonic in San Diego last year but the Sonic commercials were on TV for years before that. You know what it's like getting teased with a cherry limeade and chili cheese tater tots then realizing you have to drive 2 hours to get them? Just downright mean...


Yeah that does suck, totally uncalled for...in a somewhat similar situation, I live in a smaller town so some of our pizza huts/kfcs/taco bells, etc. don't always have the "full menu" as you would in big cities...so sometimes I get teased seeing their online menu and then ****** when I find out my little kfc doesn't have that...
____________________________

#41 Aug 30 2010 at 9:46 PM Rating: Excellent
TwistedOwl wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:

Looks good. **** we just got a Sonic in San Diego last year but the Sonic commercials were on TV for years before that. You know what it's like getting teased with a cherry limeade and chili cheese tater tots then realizing you have to drive 2 hours to get them? Just downright mean...


Yeah that does suck, totally uncalled for...in a somewhat similar situation, I live in a smaller town so some of our pizza huts/kfcs/taco bells, etc. don't always have the "full menu" as you would in big cities...so sometimes I get teased seeing their online menu and then ****** when I find out my little kfc doesn't have that...


lol, ever see the guy that used to follow the McRib wherever it was being served. I mean really dude, you're following a quasi pork sandwich like it's the Grateful Dead.
#42 Aug 30 2010 at 9:49 PM Rating: Excellent
*
149 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Yeah that does suck, totally uncalled for...in a somewhat similar situation, I live in a smaller town so some of our pizza huts/kfcs/taco bells, etc. don't always have the "full menu" as you would in big cities...so sometimes I get teased seeing their online menu and then ****** when I find out my little kfc doesn't have that...


Mitch Hedberg wrote:
All McDonalds commercials end the same way: "prices and participation may vary." I want to open my own McDonalds and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonalds owner. "Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti!…And blankets. But we are not affiliated with that clown, he attracts too many children."
#43 Aug 30 2010 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Two 24-can cases of Pepsi ($5 each at Walmart)
Several bags of salt & vinegar chips
Peanut butter and cheddar crackers
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#44 Aug 30 2010 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
*
51 posts

French fries and diet Coke. S'all a guy needs.
#45 Aug 30 2010 at 10:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
46 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
lol, ever see the guy that used to follow the McRib wherever it was being served. I mean really dude, you're following a quasi pork sandwich like it's the Grateful Dead.


I totally forgot about the fake bbq rib things you can get in the frozen section, thanks for reminding me :)
#46 Aug 30 2010 at 10:04 PM Rating: Excellent
JoniPaavo wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
lol, ever see the guy that used to follow the McRib wherever it was being served. I mean really dude, you're following a quasi pork sandwich like it's the Grateful Dead.


I totally forgot about the fake bbq rib things you can get in the frozen section, thanks for reminding me :)


Glad I could help Smiley: grin
#47 Aug 30 2010 at 10:33 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
Speaking of good regional places, I might hit Steak & Shake during that week.. I perfer it when I'm craving fast food, which fortunately isn't too often. With a milkshake it can knock out like 3/4ths of your daily calories, but it's worth it sometimes.

Actually, thinking on it, downing that many calories in such a short amount of time would be good.. More time to focus on XIV!
____________________________
Lodestone
#48 Aug 30 2010 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Coyohma wrote:
Speaking of good regional places, I might hit Steak & Shake during that week.. I perfer it when I'm craving fast food, which fortunately isn't too often. With a milkshake it can knock out like 3/4ths of your daily calories, but it's worth it sometimes.

Actually, thinking on it, downing that many calories in such a short amount of time would be good.. More time to focus on XIV!


Excellent hangover food right there too...just the right amount of greasiness to hit the spot...and yeah, love those milkshakes.
____________________________

#49 Aug 30 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Good
**
791 posts
Beer. It's what's for dinner.
____________________________


#50 Aug 30 2010 at 10:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
Quote:
Zaxby's


my wife said it would be great if there were In and Out Burgers in the East Coast
____________________________
モスタル


#51 Aug 30 2010 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
175 posts
Mostaru wrote:
Quote:
Zaxby's


my wife said it would be great if there were In and Out Burgers in the East Coast


First thing I am doing when I get back to the states is getting a 4x4 with animal style fries. mmmmmmmmmmm
____________________________


« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)