Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Official Email from SE: Open Beta Application ProcessFollow

#1 Aug 31 2010 at 1:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
SE wrote:
In preparation for the official release of FINAL FANTASY XIV on September 30, 2010 and the early release on September 22, we will be starting an open beta test to help put the finishing touches on the game. We ask that all users who can participate in the open beta test apply from the following website.

1.Access the following URL.
http://entry.ffxiv.com/
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.
* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

The Square Enix Account Management System: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

As stated above, Open Beta Test requires a dedicated registration code and the login to Beta Test Site will become unavailable starting at 0:00 on Aug. 31, 2010 (PDT).* Once the registration code is registered, you will be able to log in to Beta Test Site once again.

- Transferring your Character Name from the Open Beta Test to the Commercial ReleaseAs long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you chose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.

- To PlayStation 3 Version Applicants:This test phase will deal only with the Windows version of the software. Details regarding the test schedule for the PlayStation 3 version will be released by e-mail at a later date. If possible, we still ask and encourage you to take part in the testing on a Windows PC.

- Note:
・The open beta test is being conducted on the Windows version of the game only.
・Latest news and notifications will be periodically posted on the forums of the tester site.
・The game to be tested is under development, and may differ from the commercial release.
・Please direct all inquiries regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV to the Square Enix Support Center ( http://support.na.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Site http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Operations Department
----------------------------------------------------------------------
*This e-mail address is used exclusively for sending only. Please note that any replies to this message will not be answered.


Just in case you missed the email...

Also, for those of us who made it into Beta Phase 3, remember to register your proper country of residence by logging into the Square Enix Account Management System after August 31, 2010, 2 a.m. PDT.

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 12:22am by akirussan
____________________________
#2 Aug 31 2010 at 1:19 AM Rating: Good
**
493 posts
I didn't even get this email ; ;
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Yep. Every netbook with an atom processor nowadays plays WoW.
****, I am sure with some tweaking it would run on an iphone.
Or even on the LCD display of my microwave.
#3 Aug 31 2010 at 1:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
413 posts
Looks to be a truly open beta. Long as they have room and you have an account, I guess you can get in! Now only thing I wanna know is us folks who got invites in this latest round via zam, eorzeapedia, fileplanet, core, etc. Are we still waiting for new keys or do we have to reapply as well? Or do our current beta keys suffice? I'm currently confused...
____________________________
FFXI:
Trazier-Lakshimi(Garuda) Server:
Tarutaru BLM75/DRG75/SMN60/RDM48/WHM45

Theonehio wrote:
PsylockePhoenix wrote:
I apoligize if it came off wrong, in my head it didnt sound argumentive.


You're on Allah, just posting can be turned into an argument.
#4 Aug 31 2010 at 1:22 AM Rating: Good
I'm confused here... Does this mean that non Beta-Key accounts (the ones invited directly by SE) will also need to "apply" for an Open Beta Code?
#5 Aug 31 2010 at 1:23 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
I think I'm just gonna log in anyway and see what happens. Can't hurt, right?
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#6 Aug 31 2010 at 1:28 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Confusion...

Yeah I'm with Taru & Osarion...that sounds like everyone needs to reapply...
____________________________

#7 Aug 31 2010 at 1:28 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
85 posts
Basically means, people who have yet to register in a beta, and wish to register in a open beta. Log in, use the entry link provided. That link will then give you a code, you then go to your account management, and input the code, which will register you in beta. They've clearly used this method to restrict access to an X amount of players for the X amount of hours, and will probably end up gradually increasing. People already previously registered in a Beta will be fine, that was confirmed days ago.
#8 Aug 31 2010 at 1:32 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
I'm a poor reader...
but my understanding is that if we already have a key, we just have to go under account management to activate the 'open beta' portion of our account... or do i need an entirely new key?

if everyone needs new keys, i feel bad for all fansite admins who went through a lot of work to get people keys for beta phase 3 for only a few days.
#9 Aug 31 2010 at 1:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
413 posts
Phanty wrote:
Basically means, people who have yet to register in a beta, and wish to register in a open beta. Log in, use the entry link provided. That link will then give you a code, you then go to your account management, and input the code, which will register you in beta. They've clearly used this method to restrict access to an X amount of players for the X amount of hours, and will probably end up gradually increasing. People already previously registered in a Beta will be fine, that was confirmed days ago.


I hope you're right. We'll see tomorrow(later today) though. Anyway goodnight folks... Work and beta tomorrow! LoL
____________________________
FFXI:
Trazier-Lakshimi(Garuda) Server:
Tarutaru BLM75/DRG75/SMN60/RDM48/WHM45

Theonehio wrote:
PsylockePhoenix wrote:
I apoligize if it came off wrong, in my head it didnt sound argumentive.


You're on Allah, just posting can be turned into an argument.
#10 Aug 31 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
85 posts
No one needs a new key. If you've already been registered in a closed beta, you're already accounted for in Open Beta.
#11 Aug 31 2010 at 1:36 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Phanty wrote:
People already previously registered in a Beta will be fine, that was confirmed days ago.


It will be confirmed when I get the official email confirming it! = P
Not arguing with ya, we all just want that official message that pertains to our particular situation...

Plus there's this on the front page...
As previously reported, all Phase 3 Beta Key winners that used their code before the end of Phase 3 Beta will receive an email from Square Enix at their Square Enix Account email address that will contain a new beta key for Open Beta. ZAM has received word that the emails will be sent in the order of key activation.

That's why we're doublechecking...
____________________________

#12 Aug 31 2010 at 1:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
158 posts
Quote:
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.


What timezone is that?
#13 Aug 31 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
811 posts
Tealtraum wrote:
Quote:
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.


What timezone is that?


I'm gonna guess pacific Time. So 7pm pacific... 10pm eastern.
That seems to be the standard time when the hamsters will start running on the treadmills.
#14 Aug 31 2010 at 1:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Tealtraum wrote:
Quote:
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.


What timezone is that?


I'm gonna guess pacific Time. So 7pm pacific... 10pm eastern.
That seems to be the standard time when the hamsters will start running on the treadmills.


Probably right on the time zone...

Just got an email, but it was this one...
____________________________

#15 Aug 31 2010 at 1:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
158 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:


I'm gonna guess pacific Time. So 7pm pacific... 10pm eastern.
That seems to be the standard time when the hamsters will start running on the treadmills.


Yeah I believe you're right;

Quote:
As stated above, Open Beta Test requires a dedicated registration code and the login to Beta Test Site will become unavailable starting at 0:00 on Aug. 31, 2010 (PDT).


It's too early in the morning for me to be thinking reading clearly lol. By my estimations that's 2am over here in England.


Edited, Aug 31st 2010 3:50am by Tealtraum
#16 Aug 31 2010 at 2:04 AM Rating: Good
*
205 posts
Is the installer, the same program as the beta 3 program?
____________________________
I'm Xabac/Sleepymagi from FFXI Odin Server, if u hate/love me send me a /tell.
#17 Aug 31 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
Sleepymagi wrote:
Is the installer, the same program as the beta 3 program?


If you were in beta phase 3, the installer should start when you try to enter the FFXIV site. It should just update over the information you had before.
____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#18 Aug 31 2010 at 2:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
158 posts
Just got the email too, confirming 2am for UK;

Quote:
* The page will become accessible starting at 2:00 on Sep. 1, 2010.
#19 Aug 31 2010 at 3:10 AM Rating: Decent
About 2AM PDT I got another email from SE about the Open Beta:

Quote:
In preparation for the official release of FINAL FANTASY XIV on September 30, 2010 and the early release on September 22, we will be starting an open beta test to help put the finishing touches on the game. We ask that all users who can participate in the open beta test apply from the following website.

1.Access the following URL.
http://entry.ffxiv.com/
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.
* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

The Square Enix Account Management System: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/


- Client Software Used in the Open Beta Test
The installer for the open beta test’s client software can be downloaded from the following website.
http://entry.ffxiv.com/

*If you have already downloaded the client software for the closed beta test, there is no need to download the installer.


- Transferring your Character Name from the Open Beta Test to the Commercial Release
As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you chose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.

- To PlayStation 3 Version Applicants:
This test phase will deal only with the Windows version of the software. Details regarding the test schedule for the PlayStation 3 version will be released by e-mail at a later date. If possible, we still ask and encourage you to take part in the testing on a Windows PC.

- Note:
・The open beta test is being conducted on the Windows version of the game only.
・Latest news and notifications will be periodically posted on the forums of the tester site.
・The game to be tested is under development, and may differ from the commercial release.
・Please direct all inquiries regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV to the Square Enix Support Center ( http://support.na.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Site
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Operations Department
----------------------------------------------------------------------
*This e-mail address is used exclusively for sending only. Please note
that any replies to this message will not be answered.



Pretty much the same thing as above, but it also lists where to get the client and that if you already downloaded the client before that you don't need to download it again.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#20 Aug 31 2010 at 3:53 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts
I just got this email and have few questions for thoese that might know , i was not in closed beta but did apply for ps 3 beta should i use the old code from ff13? or get a new one to apply when the site up tommorow.
#21 Aug 31 2010 at 5:09 AM Rating: Good
***
1,159 posts
It clearly says this is only for windows, not PS3, and your PS3 code will only work for the PS3 beta if they ever have one.
#22 Aug 31 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts
the code could be used for either applying to ps3 or to windows beta but choose ps 3 so that why i wondering about it, its one you get when registering ff13 with se members.
also it says to keep code for when registering game (i guess when game is realeased as it has use other than applying for beta)
#23 Aug 31 2010 at 5:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Yeah, I won't be bothering with getting in to the beta tonight. That site, while already slower than molasses, will become totally unresponsive when they bring it up for the beta testers. Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#24 Aug 31 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
Wint wrote:
Yeah, I won't be bothering with getting in to the beta tonight. That site, while already slower than molasses, will become totally unresponsive when they bring it up for the beta testers. Smiley: oyvey


Woohoo! more bandwidth for me! :P

On serious note, haven't had the email yet, though I will be trying to get in! :)
#25 Aug 31 2010 at 5:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Riathy wrote:
Wint wrote:
Yeah, I won't be bothering with getting in to the beta tonight. That site, while already slower than molasses, will become totally unresponsive when they bring it up for the beta testers. Smiley: oyvey


Woohoo! more bandwidth for me! :P

On serious note, haven't had the email yet, though I will be trying to get in! :)


Yep, I'm just doing for you guys, I'm nice like that Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#26 Aug 31 2010 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
Well, this ruins my evening.
#27 Aug 31 2010 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
*
196 posts
Quote:
I'm confused here... Does this mean that non Beta-Key accounts (the ones invited directly by SE) will also need to "apply" for an Open Beta Code?


Same here. I read the replies saying that those who had beta accounts in the closed one don't need to register. Well I already had one from a few months ago (so I have no key), and got the official e-mail "Guide to the Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Test" asking people to register. I hopped onto the beta site using my account and received a message that I could not log in because my account was not registered. Now I'm wondering if I got that message because I no longer have a beta account and have to re-register or because the open beta was delayed.
#28 Aug 31 2010 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
*
239 posts
Phanty wrote:
Basically means, people who have yet to register in a beta, and wish to register in a open beta. Log in, use the entry link provided. That link will then give you a code, you then go to your account management, and input the code, which will register you in beta. They've clearly used this method to restrict access to an X amount of players for the X amount of hours, and will probably end up gradually increasing. People already previously registered in a Beta will be fine, that was confirmed days ago.


I want to believe that too, but when I try to "log in" to the game (I know it won't work!) I get this message:
Quote:
A valid service account is required to use this service.
Please add or reactivate a service account from the Square Enix Account Management System.


SO I go to my SE account, give them the new personal info they want; (country, name, address) and the next step is to enter my beta code... As I have no received a new code I enter my old one...
Quote:
The entered code has already been registered.


So I think even closed testers have to re-apply, but perhaps we will get automatically emailed instead of having to wait in case too many applicants apply or something? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if closed beta players got no special preference at all. I don't really have a place to complain since I was just lucky enough to work at Gamestop and be server cattle... But if I was alpha/early beta (and was a REAL tester with access to the beta forums) I'd be cheesed. Perhaps the "real" testers (who were able to leave feedback) won't have to re-register? Just us beta 3 people?
#29 Aug 31 2010 at 8:26 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Well, this ruins my evening.


Although I should have known better by now, me too Geffe. Me too.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#30 Aug 31 2010 at 8:32 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Quote:
As stated above, Open Beta Test requires a dedicated registration code and the login to Beta Test Site will become unavailable starting at 0:00 on Aug. 31, 2010 (PDT).


So if no one has keys yet. What is the purpose of opening the test site up so early?

Why does SE always have to talk in maps.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#31 Aug 31 2010 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
*
61 posts
I'm not sure if there's going to be some sort of special process for existing beta users - especially those of us that joined during phase 3. It looks to me like we have to reapply on the website with everyone else.

If you open your SE account and check under registered services the FFXIV Beta service is under the "cancelled" section. That would lead me to believe that we're getting no special treatment, though we initially thought otherwise.

I guess we won't know for sure until the site actually functions and the game client isn't exploding, lol.
#32 Aug 31 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Critical bugs. :(
#33 Aug 31 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
14 posts
Even though it's worded badly, what am gathering from it is, "2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued." Meaning when you log in to your SE account and setup region, address etc, you will then be sent a registration code I.E. service code to enter for FF XIV beta. "3.Register the registration code YOU RECEIVED BY EMAIL (speaking in reference to the info you just finished filling out once account info is done.) on the Square Enix Account Management System." The registration part can be done now as I was able to log in my SE account and get all the linkage done, but note codes won't be handed out until 19:00 PDT but may be pending as the open beta has been postponed but I would definitely give it a try at the first advertised time. Seems like standard open beta procedure to me. Thoughts?
#34 Aug 31 2010 at 8:51 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Daddyfatsax wrote:
Even though it's worded badly, what am gathering from it is, "2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued." Meaning when you log in to your SE account and setup region, address etc, you will then be sent a registration code I.E. service code to enter for FF XIV beta. "3.Register the registration code YOU RECEIVED BY EMAIL (speaking in reference to the info you just finished filling out once account info is done.) on the Square Enix Account Management System." The registration part can be done now as I was able to log in my SE account and get all the linkage done, but note codes won't be handed out until 19:00 PDT but may be pending as the open beta has been postponed but I would definitely give it a try at the first advertised time. Seems like standard open beta procedure to me. Thoughts?


Your guess is as good as any. Nice observations though, I like your view on this.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#35 Aug 31 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Edit:

I stand corrected.

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 3:05pm by KarlHungis
#36 Aug 31 2010 at 9:12 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Again from my experience in a closed and open beta (the latest being Champions Online) when it was open beta time they cleared everything and everyone had to get a key to get into the game, even people who where already in the closed beta as well. Only thing we got from being in closed beta and moving to open beta was some little trinket and come the end of the beta was a big open battle royale. But different game, different company and like so many before have said though this is SE were talking about :/

Edit: If people who are already in beta don't need to get a new key, why would they be sending these emails exclusively to people who are already in beta?

Also I got this email, and I didn't get into any stage of the beta before now.

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 11:14am by Daddyfatsax
#37 Aug 31 2010 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Daddyfatsax wrote:
Even though it's worded badly, what am gathering from it is, "2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued." Meaning when you log in to your SE account and setup region, address etc, you will then be sent a registration code I.E. service code to enter for FF XIV beta. "3.Register the registration code YOU RECEIVED BY EMAIL (speaking in reference to the info you just finished filling out once account info is done.) on the Square Enix Account Management System." The registration part can be done now as I was able to log in my SE account and get all the linkage done, but note codes won't be handed out until 19:00 PDT but may be pending as the open beta has been postponed but I would definitely give it a try at the first advertised time. Seems like standard open beta procedure to me. Thoughts?


This seems to be the best observation so far. The square enix members site does now have the ability to add a Beta code so this scenario makes the most sense.

Edit* Just to confirm the above post, i have not been in any stages of beta and also received an email.

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 11:18am by happyhoward
____________________________
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?[/URL]
Final Fantasy character test...
#38 Aug 31 2010 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
*
201 posts
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


lolwut.
____________________________
FFXI - Shinoh - BRD66/WHM41/RDM41/NIN37/COR30/THF25 - Fairy
WoW - Lv.80 Priest/Shaman/Paladin - Boulderfist/Malorne
FFXIV - Can't afford it now. =(
#39 Aug 31 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
**
749 posts
Quote:
If you were in beta phase 3, the installer should start when you try to enter the FFXIV site. It should just update over the information you had before.


All I can tell you as of right now is that I was able to update, and I got to the logon page where it told me "no services are registered" (I was in B3)

But on the SE support page it says I'm registered for the beta.

*SO* Either the authentication server is down, or I need to stand in line with everyone else @ 19:00 for a key.

It'd be nice to know though, y'know?
____________________________
http://www.rantmedia.ca/newsreal/
http://www.piratepartyradio.com


The Truth is a virus
#40 Aug 31 2010 at 9:52 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
So anyone can download the client now? I didn't do any of the beta but I plan to do the OB so now would be a good time to start the download right?
#41 Aug 31 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
DeaconInMidgard wrote:
So anyone can download the client now? I didn't do any of the beta but I plan to do the OB so now would be a good time to start the download right?


Would be wise to start the download since the download speeds are really slow (~20-60kb/s)

Might just be only me but I would advice to start downloading

Check this if you have slow download speed, maybe it helps. :)

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 11:56am by Riathy

Edit, I fail at linking a forum thread :(

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 11:57am by Riathy
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)