Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Beta application site updateFollow

#1 Sep 01 2010 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
*
80 posts
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed: Follow-up

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Critical issue has been addressed and as of now, we are in the final stage of preparation for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

Critical issue where the client software for open beta test will not respond on rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stage of preparation for the start of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

New schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter.


Still no word on when it will start. -_-;
#2 Sep 01 2010 at 2:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Gentlemen, start your engines!
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#3 Sep 01 2010 at 2:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
Lets take a guess when it will start. My guess is Friday =D.
____________________________
Serge Luminaire of Mysidia
Member of Blades of Valor
~ A FFXI/FFXIV Linkshell Community
_________________________________________
Retired from FFXI - EliteSerge of Valefor
Mains: 75 WHM, 75 PLD, 72 NIN, 72 THF
#4 Sep 01 2010 at 2:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
158 posts
Good stuff, means whatever the issue was it was solved quickly enough. Nothing majorly broken, I'd guess it was the 'Wint virus' issue (sorry wint ;)) after all.
#5 Sep 01 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
Lets take a guess when it will start. My guess is Friday =D.


boooo that'd be too long man, I'm gonna guess it starts tommorow.
____________________________
MUTED
#6 Sep 01 2010 at 2:36 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Mattarutaru wrote:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed: Follow-up

We would like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which was announced to be postponed on Aug. 31, 2010.

Critical issue has been addressed and as of now, we are in the final stage of preparation for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

Critical issue where the client software for open beta test will not respond on rare occasions has been addressed. As of now, we are in the final stage of preparation for the start of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test.

New schedule will be released at a later date. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter.


Still no word on when it will start. -_-;
Considering that phase 3 was delayed several days w/o any mayor advice... I think this delay can go at least that far, but who know it may only take few hours more.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#7 Sep 01 2010 at 2:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
Yeah, it did say the issues were addressed but the whole "at a later date" thing gave me a feeling that it wouldnt be tomorrow =/
____________________________
Serge Luminaire of Mysidia
Member of Blades of Valor
~ A FFXI/FFXIV Linkshell Community
_________________________________________
Retired from FFXI - EliteSerge of Valefor
Mains: 75 WHM, 75 PLD, 72 NIN, 72 THF
#8 Sep 01 2010 at 2:45 AM Rating: Good
****
9,043 posts
It's probably more "we're still checking, and it'll be up really soon if nothing else is wrong, but we're not telling you that in case something IS wrong".

Why would they tell us that it's later today if everything's fine, but it's Friday if it's not? Makes more sense for them to just say "at a later date". I can see the logic in how they worded this.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#9 Sep 01 2010 at 2:47 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Likibiki wrote:
It's probably more "we're still checking, and it'll be up really soon if nothing else is wrong, but we're not telling you that in case something IS wrong".

Why would they tell us that it's later today if everything's fine, but it's Friday if it's not? Makes more sense for them to just say "at a later date". I can see the logic in how they worded this.


Never know with SE, but yeah, the last thing they need to do is give a time of later today and then find out they have to postpone that as well...
____________________________

#10 Sep 01 2010 at 2:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
What time is it in Japan right now?
____________________________
MUTED
#11 Sep 01 2010 at 2:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
89 posts
Almost 6 PM
____________________________
The average man thinks he isn't.
#12 Sep 01 2010 at 2:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Good, atleast there's still hope beta may go live within the next couple hours.
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Sep 01 2010 at 2:57 AM Rating: Good
*
205 posts
Quote:
Almost 6 PM


so i guess they are going to start maybe 15 hrs later when they get to work. Normally they would want to start the OB during early morning, to have time to handle unexpected situation or record data of major events.

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 8:59am by Sleepymagi
____________________________
I'm Xabac/Sleepymagi from FFXI Odin Server, if u hate/love me send me a /tell.
#14 Sep 01 2010 at 4:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
106 posts
Good to hear that open beta is back on track but until SE starts emailing the new keys out to those who got them for phase 3 I wouldn't hold my breath.
#15 Sep 01 2010 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
They won't just send an email....we need to apply, everyone needs to apply...
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)