Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

ZAM Phase 3 Raffle - Do we wait for our key?Follow

#1 Sep 01 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
776 posts
I was lucky enough to be part of the Phase 3 giveaway, and really enjoyed the couple days that I had to beta test the game...

Now we're supposed to be getting an email with a new key, sent in the order they were activated. I haven't seen mine yet, so I guess the question is if I should wait, or just try my luck on the Open Beta registration. I'm fully expecting the server to collapse at 19:00 hours.

Feel free to post here if you were in Phase 3 and already got your key - haven't heard from anyone who has yet.

-Ten
____________________________
I like my women nicely animated, with lots of fanservice.
#2 Sep 01 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Decent
*
165 posts
I'm in the same boat as you...
____________________________
Yay, I got me a signature! ^.^b
#3 Sep 01 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,072 posts
Was under the impression that if you got in the last beta (and registered you code in time), you should just be able to log in once things go up. New codes and registration should just apply to those who weren't in beforehand, with this time having no real limitation on admittance.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#4 Sep 01 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
*
102 posts
Last I read they are supposed to be sending out an email with a new registration code if you were in Beta3. There was some question as to if other folks from Alpha or earlier Beta phases were going to have to reregister or if they were going to automagically get registered for open beta. Last thing I read did state that the emails with the open beta registration codes were going to go out in the order you were accepted into beta. I was accepted in Beta3. I have not got my new code yet. If I don't get it by 19:00 PST I will be trying for an open beta code on the site :)
#5 Sep 01 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Since I wasn't inBeta 3 and still got an email to log in and such I would think that it really makes no difference.

Whether you were on Beta 3 (closed) or not log in as per the email and follow the instructions.
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#6 Sep 01 2010 at 10:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Everyone who was previously in beta will need to pick up a new key. But since keys were not actually mailed out, I guess you can try following the instructions someone else posted. I also heard from SE that emails will be sent in order of access, so since I was in from Alpha, I got the email early while the key winners people will probably get theirs in the last batch.
#7 Sep 01 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,449 posts
Pikko already got a key for Open Beta?

/petability </seek> <Pikko>
____________________________


My FFXIV Blog



#8 Sep 01 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
Pikko wrote:
Everyone who was previously in beta will need to pick up a new key. But since keys were not actually mailed out, I guess you can try following the instructions someone else posted. I also heard from SE that emails will be sent in order of access, so since I was in from Alpha, I got the email early while the key winners people will probably get theirs in the last batch.


So we will actually get emailed? Hopefully before 7 pm PDT... you would think they could have gotten them to us before the scheduled start (yesterday) if they were going to give them...

Anyway this is all pretty confusing.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#9 Sep 01 2010 at 10:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
No, I don't have a key. I was talking about the email, but even then, it's still confusing. What I got was the "Guide to the Open Beta".
#10 Sep 01 2010 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
776 posts
Thanks for the update Pikko, I had seen you mention it on the main page with the info that it would be in order of delivery.

But since the Phase 3 keys were delayed, I'm thinking I might not see it before the Open Registration goes live. I'm prepped either way to be online at 19:00 and simultaneously spamming F5 for my email account and the entry.ffxiv.com page ^^v

-Ten

____________________________
I like my women nicely animated, with lots of fanservice.
#11 Sep 01 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
Pikko wrote:
No, I don't have a key. I was talking about the email, but even then, it's still confusing. What I got was the "Guide to the Open Beta".


I got that email too and I didn't get the key until the zam giveaway, so there might not be a particular order in which they are sent out (got the email yesterday). **** this is still all really confusing, i'm just guessing at this point you follow the emails instructions after the beta starts to get a key?
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#12 Sep 01 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
I dunno, I'm equally confused now as Wint says he got the same email yesterday too. Check spam?
#13 Sep 01 2010 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
291 posts
Pikko wrote:
I dunno, I'm equally confused now as Wint says he got the same email yesterday too. Check spam?


I won a key from Zam's giveaway, but I'd never receive any email from SE whatsoever regarding to the beta...on the other hand, my wife got the "Guide to Open Beta" email yesterday, and she was never in the beta...
#14 Sep 01 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
**
401 posts
dunlag wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I dunno, I'm equally confused now as Wint says he got the same email yesterday too. Check spam?


I won a key from Zam's giveaway, but I'd never receive any email from SE whatsoever regarding to the beta...on the other hand, my wife got the "Guide to Open Beta" email yesterday, and she was never in the beta...


Lol oh man, and the confusion just increases more and more
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#15 Sep 01 2010 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
I was under the impression that everyone now is equal, we all need to follow the steps in the email 'Guide to open beta' in order to get a key, I really do think it's just that simple...although I don't agree with it seeing as I was in Phase 3..
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#16 Sep 01 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
550 posts
Here is what the instructions in the email say

Step 1

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

Login and request a code

Step 2

Check email for code

Step 3

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

Activate your code

Email goes on to say here is the downloader/installer - http://entry.ffxiv.com/ , by the way you can take your character name from open beta to release as long as you stay on the same server, and LOL PS3 players.
____________________________
XI - Draiden 75DRG/75COR (Sylph, Retired 08)


#17 Sep 01 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Pikko wrote:
Everyone who was previously in beta will need to pick up a new key. But since keys were not actually mailed out, I guess you can try following the instructions someone else posted. I also heard from SE that emails will be sent in order of access, so since I was in from Alpha, I got the email early while the key winners people will probably get theirs in the last batch.
I've been in since the first alpha as well, but I haven't gotten my key yet.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#18 Sep 01 2010 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
Pikko wrote:
I dunno, I'm equally confused now as Wint says he got the same email yesterday too. Check spam?


I was in beta phase 3, and yes I received the guide e-mail yesterday twice. Once at like 2am est and then at like 4am est.
____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#19 Sep 01 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
**
327 posts
I dunno if it makes a difference, but I had received 2 of those emails, within 2 hrs of each other. Far as I can tell, SE just spammed them out to anyone with a SE account, or interest in the Beta. I'm betting I will have to sign up for a key for OB even though I was part of the Phase 3.

At this point, I don't even care anymore. Whatever happens, happens. We are literally 3 weeks away from early access. I should take this time to be sociable, before I become a MMO hermit once again.
____________________________

FFXI - LordDVS <Bismarck> BLU75 DRK75 SAM75 BST75 PLD75


#20 Sep 01 2010 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
*
112 posts
SpikeoElward wrote:
I was under the impression that everyone now is equal, we all need to follow the steps in the email 'Guide to open beta' in order to get a key, I really do think it's just that simple...although I don't agree with it seeing as I was in Phase 3..


Others have stated this as well. I too believe this to be the case.

I think it's nice that everyone will get a chance to "try" to be in the open beta. Many have sat in the shadows and not even had the opportunity to throw even a rock. I really don't see that open beta would be that limited space wise, but it is SE so who knows. Retail being 21 days away, they should be more than able to handle large numbers at this point.
____________________________
FFXI (BST 75, RDM 75, BLM 75, BRD 75) (along with many subs and cherished friends)

And on the 7th day God created Miqo'te.
On the 8th day God saw that they were sad and lonely, God then threw down a Squarenix staff member and thus was born the male Miqo'te.
#21 Sep 01 2010 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
Also a Beta 3 ZAM winner. I havent gotten an email from SE at all. Im at work today just like I was when keys were given for the giveaway. I wont be able to play until tomorrow either way but I will atleast try and get myself a key at 1900 just to be safe.

The 4 days I got to play previously were not enough lol. Also I keep reading how crafting jobs have abilities but didnt remember getting any in beta 3 so wondering if new for Open Beta. DoL i learned those abilities but none for DoH.

Im still excited though because after today I dont work again until next Friday the 10th lol.
#22 Sep 01 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
Didn't we just tell SE how we feel about vagueness? Why can't they just say things plainly to people.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#23 Sep 01 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
393 posts
I got two e-mails from SE regarding open beta, one on 8/30 and one on 8/31. However, the latter one had this extra little paragraph:
Quote:
*If you have already downloaded the client software for the closed beta test, there is no need to download the installer.

Which leads me to believe even people who got keys from ZAM, and were therefore in the closed beta phase 3, would still need to apply for a new key for the open beta just like everyone else. At least that's what I'm gonna try to do tonight.
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#24 Sep 01 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qhPPnroLQ4&feature=related
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#25 Sep 01 2010 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
It's all still confusing, I thought maybe that "Guide to Open Beta" mail was just mass-mailed to all SE accounts regardless of beta experience, so yeah, just in case I'm looking at my mail for a key, but if I don't have one by tonight I'll just apply like everyone else. Best I can do for now...
____________________________

#26 Sep 01 2010 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
*
183 posts
Quote:
Here is what the instructions in the email say

Step 1

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

Login and request a code

Step 2

Check email for code

Step 3

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

Activate your code


Its not confusing as this is exactly what the email says to do. It also says


Quote:
Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.


So it seems that if at first you don't succeed, try again later.

This all starts 7 pm PDT. Tonight (9/01/2010)

Edit: Heh, someone rated me down. I guess i sounded kinda snarky?

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 4:13pm by Castrophany
#27 Sep 01 2010 at 2:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Castrophany wrote:

Its not confusing as this is exactly what the email says to do. It also says


The confusion isn't about the steps of the email being hard to understand. It's that we were told we'd be getting keys automatically sent to us rather than having to go to the site and compete for the new keys. That's where the confusion comes in...

Either way, I'm set to do what the email says if I don't hear anything by then...



Edited, Sep 1st 2010 4:18pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#28 Sep 01 2010 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
TwistedOwl wrote:

we were told we'd be getting keys automatically sent to us rather than having to go to the site and compete for the new keys. That's where the confusion comes in...


Yes. This. Also if we have to spam-ask for keys tonight it sort of makes "winning" the Zam contest etc even more of a kick in the teeth given we got to play for only a few days.

Better than nothing, but a bit silly to make us get ANOTHER key.

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 1:24pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#29 Sep 01 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:

we were told we'd be getting keys automatically sent to us rather than having to go to the site and compete for the new keys. That's where the confusion comes in...


Yes. This. Also if we have to spam-ask for keys tonight it sort of makes "winning" the Zam contest etc even more of a kick in the teeth given we got to play for only a few days.

Better than nothing, but a bit silly to make us get ANOTHER key.

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 1:24pm by Olorinus


Oh yeah, I forgot to even add that part of it. We didn't even get a week with the giveaway keys after that was delayed for so long. Then told to make sure we register them so we'd be set for open beta, just to find out maybe all of that didn't matter anyway? Then the confusion escalates into anger & frustration...
____________________________

#30 Sep 01 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
*
183 posts
Quote:
The confusion isn't about the steps of the email being hard to understand. It's that we were told we'd be getting keys automatically sent to us rather than having to go to the site and compete for the new keys. That's where the confusion comes in...

Either way, I'm set to do what the email says if I don't here anything by then..


I plan to log in at 7 and get a code. Either way it will be faster then to wait for SE to send their emails (if that is indeed how they are doing it. ) But it sounds to me like the email they sent is the way they are handling people from phase 3. SE sent me instructions, I will follow those instructions. That is why it is not confusing. You have 2 options, follow the instructions SE sent, or wait to find out if there, again, was an error in translation, or what was said is indeed how they are handling it but looks to be postponed a bit.

I figure it this way, if SE starts sending out the emails at 7 pm, and we are the last to get sent the emails, it may be some time tomorrow when we get the codes. This is also assuming that SE didn't ***** up and forget about us or isn't postponing those emails for some other reason, like an error in the email protocols or whatever (something technical) (We've seen it happen).

Now, if I sign in at 7 pm and get the code, I have the code. I can play. Easy.

(Just my logic, not snarky. Don't take offense.)

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 4:32pm by Castrophany
#31 Sep 01 2010 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Castrophany wrote:


I plan to log in at 7 and get a code. Either way it will be faster then to wait for SE to send their emails (if that is indeed how they are doing it. ) But it sounds to me like the email they sent is the way they are handling people from phase 3. SE sent me instructions, I will follow those instructions. That is why it is not confusing. You have 2 options, follow the instructions SE sent, or wait to find out if there, again, was an error in translation, or what was said is indeed how they are handling it but looks to be postponed a bit.

I figure it this way, if SE starts sending out the emails at 7 pm, and we are the last to get sent the emails, it may be some time tomorrow when we get the codes. This is also assuming that SE didn't ***** up and forget about us or isn't postponing those emails for some other reason, like an error in the email protocols or whatever (something technical) (We've seen it happen).

Now, if I sign in at 7 pm and get the code, I have the code. I can play. Easy.

(Just my logic, not snarky. Don't take offense.)


It definitely comes off like "See I get it, why can't you guys??" Perhaps that's your style, but yeah people don't wanna hear it like that when they're frustrated with SE's way of doing things. Forever saying one thing and then doing the complete opposite. And damnit you quoted me before I edited the spelling!
____________________________

#32 Sep 01 2010 at 2:42 PM Rating: Good
*
183 posts
Quote:

It definitely comes off like "See I get it, why can't you guys??" Perhaps that's your style, but yeah people don't wanna hear it like that when they're frustrated with SE's way of doing things. Forever saying one thing and then doing the complete opposite. And damnit you quoted me before I edited the spelling!


It's actually just because I'm really tired. I've been at school all day, and now I'm just hanging around waiting for my lab to start so I can spend 3 hours in there listening to a TA drone on about something he just recently learned about himself.

I should probably put a disclaimer in my little box thingy below stating "Warning, this poster in under extreme duress. Please do not tap on the glass."
#33 Sep 01 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Castrophany wrote:
Quote:

It definitely comes off like "See I get it, why can't you guys??" Perhaps that's your style, but yeah people don't wanna hear it like that when they're frustrated with SE's way of doing things. Forever saying one thing and then doing the complete opposite. And damnit you quoted me before I edited the spelling!


It's actually just because I'm really tired. I've been at school all day, and now I'm just hanging around waiting for my lab to start so I can spend 3 hours in there listening to a TA drone on about something he just recently learned about himself.

I should probably put a disclaimer in my little box thingy below stating "Warning, this poster in under extreme duress. Please do not tap on the glass."


No big deal, for me it's now getting back to my computer hoping to see good news just to find the same threads repeating the same info lol So yeah, little bit of frustration, though it should be aimed at SE rather than anyone on here...

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 4:51pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#34 Sep 01 2010 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
*
183 posts
Quote:
No big deal, for me it's now getting back to my computer hoping to see good news just to find the same threads repeating the same info lol So yeah, little bit of frustration, though it should be aimed at SE rather than anyone on here...


Well, we're not in this alone. All the other sites right now are assuming the same thing. That the email that we got sent in how they are handling the open beta. I think of SE like a sadistic lover. They love to torture and tease us, tell us nothing, and make us lick their vinyl boots, all the while laughing at us. This pleases them, and in return, we get the small favor of their presence by Beta testing their game.

Hot.
#35 Sep 01 2010 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to even add that part of it. We didn't even get a week with the giveaway keys after that was delayed for so long. Then told to make sure we register them so we'd be set for open beta, just to find out maybe all of that didn't matter anyway? Then the confusion escalates into anger & frustration...


Yeah, this whole thing has been really confusing and frustrating. :(
#36 Sep 01 2010 at 4:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Pikko wrote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to even add that part of it. We didn't even get a week with the giveaway keys after that was delayed for so long. Then told to make sure we register them so we'd be set for open beta, just to find out maybe all of that didn't matter anyway? Then the confusion escalates into anger & frustration...


Yeah, this whole thing has been really confusing and frustrating. :(


well thanks for all your hard work sending those keys out. Too bad SE is completely ***-backwards.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#37 Sep 01 2010 at 4:23 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
So has anybody who was in closed beta tried to use their CB key on the registration part of the SE account management site yet? I wasn't in CB so I cant try; or maybe it'll accept that code after 19:00 pdt. But I'm gonna assume the e-mail was sent for a reason. Probably gonna have to /random like the rest of us at 19:00.
____________________________



#38 Sep 01 2010 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
**
749 posts
Quote:
So has anybody who was in closed beta tried to use their CB key on the registration part of the SE account management site yet?


Short version:
It don't fit.

Longer version:

The new keys are longer than the old ones by 4-6 characters. Attempting to plug in what I had resulted in invalid key, blah blah blah.
____________________________
http://www.rantmedia.ca/newsreal/
http://www.piratepartyradio.com


The Truth is a virus
#39 Sep 01 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
351 posts
Jesus... Nobody has any idea exactly WTF is going on?

I'm starting to think SE is synonymous with troll. Blargh.
____________________________
Quote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
This may quite possibly be the most epicly failed anti-antitroll trolling attempt.
#40 Sep 01 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Decent
At 7 PM PDT, go to http://entry.ffxiv.com/ and follow the directions. That's the gist of what we know.

These are the only directions that any one has gotten for OB so there's nothing super secret, we just have to assume that at the correct time that page will be updated with a link to obtain an open beta code.


Edited, Sep 1st 2010 7:20pm by KarlHungis
#41 Sep 01 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
GuardianFaith wrote:
Didn't we just tell SE how we feel about vagueness? Why can't they just say things plainly to people.


The email that was sent out is pretty clear. It may not make much sense to people for a variety of reasons, but it's not really very ambiguous. Either it works or it doesn't, and if it does, then you'll wonder why you were so upset, and if it doesn't work you'll wonder why S-E is so incompetent.
#42 Sep 01 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
351 posts
Quote:
At 10 PM PDT, go to http://entry.ffxiv.com/ and follow the directions. That's the gist of what we know.

These are the only directions that any one has gotten for OB so there's nothing super secret, we just have to assume that at the correct time that page will be updated with a link to obtain an open beta code.

PDT? I think you mean EST; that's when the open beta "begins."

I'm guessing that it might be a mad rush to apply faster than the other guy and pray for a key code to pop up (which will be given immediately upon registration?). That's what it sounds like, anyway.
____________________________
Quote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
This may quite possibly be the most epicly failed anti-antitroll trolling attempt.
#43 Sep 01 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Good
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
GuardianFaith wrote:
Didn't we just tell SE how we feel about vagueness? Why can't they just say things plainly to people.


The email that was sent out is pretty clear.


so was this:

Thayos wrote:

People who are already registered and playing in the beta will receive emails in their Square Enix Accounts. The emails will contain new codes that can be redeemed in the same fashion as previous codes.


http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128271283675079473
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#44 Sep 01 2010 at 5:32 PM Rating: Default
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
GuardianFaith wrote:
Didn't we just tell SE how we feel about vagueness? Why can't they just say things plainly to people.


The email that was sent out is pretty clear.


so was this:

Thayos wrote:

People who are already registered and playing in the beta will receive emails in their Square Enix Accounts. The emails will contain new codes that can be redeemed in the same fashion as previous codes.


http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128271283675079473


Yea? So? We know that things have changed in the past week, and we know that S-E doesn't do a very good job of keeping ZAM in the loop. We know that an email was sent out less than 24 hours ago telling people what they need to do. There's no reason to try and reconcile what Thayos posted with the most current information, just follow the simple directions.

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 7:35pm by KarlHungis
#45 Sep 01 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
GuardianFaith wrote:
Didn't we just tell SE how we feel about vagueness? Why can't they just say things plainly to people.


The email that was sent out is pretty clear.


so was this:

Thayos wrote:

People who are already registered and playing in the beta will receive emails in their Square Enix Accounts. The emails will contain new codes that can be redeemed in the same fashion as previous codes.


http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128271283675079473


Yea? So? We know that things have changed in the past week, and we know that S-E doesn't do a very good job of keeping ZAM in the loop. We know that an email was sent out less than 24 hours ago telling people what they need to do. There's no reason to try and reconcile what Thayos posted with the most current information, just follow the simple directions.



Dude there is no reason to be snippy about it - I am just pointing out that what isn't simple is the contradictory messages out there.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#46 Sep 01 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
Grand Master Scribe Olorinus wrote:


Dude there is no reason to be snippy about it - I am just pointing out that what isn't simple is the contradictory messages out there.


It just seems like common sense that the very recent information directly from S-E would take precedence over the week old information that was relayed second hand through ZAM.

There was this guy who was very religious and prayed every day. One day it began to rain hard, and his neighborhood started to flood. He prayed to the Lord for deliverance but the rain continued. A short while later a neighbor knocked on his door and said "I have a rowboat, and I'm going to row to safety, would you like to come with?" The man said "I have faith that the Lord will save me." The neighbor shook his head and left.

Soon the water rose higher and the religious man was forced to move to the second story of his house, where he looked out his window and prayed for deliverance, but the rain didn't stop. After awhile the fire department showed up with a motor boat, and offered to take the man to safety. "No," he said, "I have faith that the Lord will save me." The men in the motor boat left him to look for other people who were trapped.

Soon the water rose higher and the man was forced up onto the roof of his home. He prayed to the Lord to save him, but the rain continued. As night began to fall and the rain continued, a coast guard helicopter spotted him. A diver and a rope were dropped, but he told the diver to leave. "I have faith that the Lord will save me." The diver returned to the helicopter and it left. Soon the water rose so high that there was no where for the man to go, and he drowned.

Because the man was a devoutly religious man, he went to heaven. When he got there he went to visit God. He said "Lord, I prayed to you, and I had faith that you would save me, and yet you let me drown in that rain storm. why?"

The Lord said to him "Well I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

TL;DR You have the answer you're seeking, but it's so simple and obvious that you want to complicate it. You don't need to over think it. When Open Beta begins, try to log in. if you can't, then check your email for a key. If you don't have a key, follow the directions to get the key.
#47 Sep 01 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
You 2 are replaying the conversation Castrophany & I had earlier...kefka comes off as much more of a smartass though...there's no stupidity involved here, we clearly understand the email...just ****** at the confusion caused by it and so there's complaining...jumping in to speak down on people who are complaining, as if they're of inferior intellect is never gonna go well man...
____________________________

#48 Sep 01 2010 at 6:16 PM Rating: Default
TwistedOwl wrote:
You 2 are replaying the conversation Castrophany & I had earlier...kefka comes off as much more of a smartass though...there's no stupidity involved here, we clearly understand the email...just ****** at the confusion caused by it and so there's complaining...jumping in to speak down on people who are complaining, as if they're of inferior intellect is never gonna go well man...


I like you TwistedOwl and I'm not trying to go at it with you. I read that exchange between you two.

It's largely because of that previous exchange that the issue ought to be moot at this point. Being confused is one thing. Being confused, having the issue clarified and then choosing to still be confused is a different thing. People like Olorinus who spend their time trolling other people and telling them they shouldn't complain should heed their own advice and not complain, IMO. People who live in glass houses, etc.



Edited, Sep 1st 2010 8:18pm by KarlHungis
#49 Sep 01 2010 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
All will be revealed in 1hr 40mins
#50 Sep 01 2010 at 6:23 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
You 2 are replaying the conversation Castrophany & I had earlier...kefka comes off as much more of a smartass though...there's no stupidity involved here, we clearly understand the email...just ****** at the confusion caused by it and so there's complaining...jumping in to speak down on people who are complaining, as if they're of inferior intellect is never gonna go well man...


I like you TwistedOwl and I'm not trying to go at it with you. I read that exchange between you two.

It's largely because of that previous exchange that the issue ought to be moot at this point. Being confused is one thing. Being confused, having the issue clarified and then choosing to still be confused is a different thing. People like Olorinus who spend their time trolling other people and telling them they shouldn't complain should heed their own advice and not complain, IMO. People who live in glass houses, etc.


I won't touch that end part, but as I was in the kitchen getting more coffee, I thought of something to edit into my previous post, but I'll just do it here. You're totally right on the 1 thing...as per usual on message boards, once this gets settled and everyone's having a happy time in the open beta, many will think back and laugh at how angry & frustrated they were a few hours ago. Making all the arguing pretty much useless. However, for the time being, I'm all for useless complaining!

Besides, Pikko agreed with me so that makes me totally right = P

Edited, Sep 1st 2010 8:24pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#51 Sep 01 2010 at 6:27 PM Rating: Good
TwistedOwl wrote:


Besides, Pikko agreed with me so that makes me totally right = P


If I had to go through all the hassle Pikko's had to go through, I'd be upset too, but I think that goes way beyond the current situation.

S-E did a pretty craptastic job with the fan site beta keys.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)