So I found some interesting information while searching around, about a possible crossfire AND sli fix:
"CrossFireX with Beta
1. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right Click "Command Prompt" then select "Run as administrator"
3. cd "\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" <- or w/e yours is
4. rename ffxivgame.exe 3DMark06.exe
5. mklink ffxivgame.exe 3DMark06.exe
- Windows 32-bit path will be: "\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version"
- NVIDIA users use Crysis.exe instead of 3DMark06.exe
- Remove link then rename 3DMark06.exe back to ffxivgame.exe when you need to apply a update.
- CrossFireX only works in full screen mode."
Now obviously I can't try this because the servers are down, but ... I'm planning to give it a shot!
(should be noted that I've read numerous times that supposedly SE has stated crossfire and sli support will be around for the retail release, but just incase its not, if this does work to begin with, it should also work for the retail version I would imagine)
*To elaborate on the directions, for the portion about deleting the link to allow for updates, in your FFXIV beta folder, there will be an exe file called ffxivgame that will have a little shortcut arrow next to it (this will of course only be there after completing the above steps). Just delete that manually, then rename 3DMark06 BACK to ffxivgame and update!*
Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 4:01am by lolrockboy
Yep. Every netbook with an atom processor nowadays plays WoW.
****, I am sure with some tweaking it would run on an iphone.
Or even on the LCD display of my microwave.