Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

fullscreen and xbox controler for pc helpFollow

#1 Sep 03 2010 at 6:41 AM Rating: Default
*
160 posts
trying to set everything up since i got my bata key and started the game up.

1st problem, how do i go to full screen mode, im on windows 7 64 bit test mode.
2ed problem how do i enable the game to recive input from a controler
____________________________
FF XI
Server: Valefor
Character: Heya
Jobs: BLM 75, BLU 75, PLD 75 everything else at SJ cap
Retired: Febuary, 2008

WoW
Server: Ravencrest
Classs: Druid, Warlock, Mage, Death Knight 80
Retired: June, 2010

FF XIV
Server: Fabul
Name: Heya Yamamoto
Race: Lilifell Dunesfolk
Primary Class: conjur
#2 Sep 03 2010 at 6:42 AM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
Run the config program in your start menu.
If the game pad is already connected to your pc fine, set up the controller layout in the config program as well
If you have a wireless controller see the link in my sig for what adapter you need to purchase to get it to connect to your computer

Edit Edit:
Right on for valefor, thats where my noobity noob elvaan was. Never got passed 50 XD
Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 8:43am by Dagger99

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 8:44am by Dagger99
#3 Sep 03 2010 at 7:06 AM Rating: Default
*
160 posts
didnt notice the config befor. tyvm
____________________________
FF XI
Server: Valefor
Character: Heya
Jobs: BLM 75, BLU 75, PLD 75 everything else at SJ cap
Retired: Febuary, 2008

WoW
Server: Ravencrest
Classs: Druid, Warlock, Mage, Death Knight 80
Retired: June, 2010

FF XIV
Server: Fabul
Name: Heya Yamamoto
Race: Lilifell Dunesfolk
Primary Class: conjur
#4 Sep 03 2010 at 7:10 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
FYI the "Buffer" setting in the config's graphics setting should ideally be set to "Resolution" NOT "double".

I've seen a lot of people run afoul of this by thinking it's something to do with page flipping when it's actually a setting that controls how large FFXIV renders the game's graphics.

/slap Square Enix for not explaining this.


I honestly don't even know WHY you can set it to double resolution rendering. It's basically full scene supersampling, but with the game's support of up to 8x MSAA I don't know why you would ever want to do that.

As to why you would set it to less, it's so you can have high res menus while rendering the game at a lower resolution.

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 10:10am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#5 Sep 03 2010 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
To get it to run full screen I just changed my display settings to be the same resolution.
#6 Sep 03 2010 at 7:12 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
To get it to run full screen I just changed my display settings to be the same resolution.


that's not really the way you're supposed to do it.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#7 Sep 03 2010 at 7:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
I'm sure in the next few years I will be very grateful that I can run the textures at double my resolution with full AA and AF. So pretty! :D
____________________________
My FFXIAH Profile
<img src="http://i44.tinypic.com/zik8d2.png" />
#8 Sep 03 2010 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Heoki wrote:
I'm sure in the next few years I will be very grateful that I can run the textures at double my resolution with full AA and AF. So pretty! :D


It has nothing to do with Anisotropic Filtering. It's just a brute force inefficient form of full scene anti aliasing that is completely redundant because the game supports adaptive MSAA already.

Basicly FFXIV is using the same offscreen drawing method that FFXI used.

What it does is render the game's 3D graphics (but not the HUD which is drawn to the framebuffer) at 2x the screen resolution into an offscreen drawing surface (this is called Render to Texture in directX and Framebuffer Object in Open-GL) and then scales it down. So if you're running the game at 1920x1080 it renders the game at 3840x2160 and then downsamples it to 1920x1080.

You can't even combine the two because supersampling an image that's already using full scene anti aliasing actually brings back the jaggies. (try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean)


There is a logical reason for it supporting resolutions lower than the actual screen resolution (high res menus on PCs that can't run the game at high resolutions). But the "double" option doesn't seem to make much sense. It's FFXI's old supersampling trick, except that FFXIV supports MSAA and doesn't need it.

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 10:26am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#9 Sep 03 2010 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
To get it to run full screen I just changed my display settings to be the same resolution.


that's not really the way you're supposed to do it.


Can you explain then?

Also, the config file is just showing boxes instead of text. How would I get that to display in english?
#10 Sep 03 2010 at 7:24 AM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
RufuSwho wrote:
To get it to run full screen I just changed my display settings to be the same resolution.


that's not really the way you're supposed to do it.


Can you explain then?

Also, the config file is just showing boxes instead of text. How would I get that to display in english?


There is an application called "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version Config" in the same folder as FFXIV, run that application.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)