Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Orginized FFxiv Help request thread.Follow

#1 Sep 03 2010 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Hey guys 5 new pages since ive been on yesterday most things saying the same thing. Might be nice to have a specific thread here for help request, information request, basicly any basic general questions you may have. Creating a new thread is great and all if a thread for it dosnt already Exist.

So Im making this thread where you can post problems your having or general confustion about in game things or just Questions you may have. I'll Answer any I can And request help From the zam community to answer any they have the answers too.

My only request is please no Flaming or sarcastic answers or general jackassery. Please if you post in here, either try to be helpfull or ask an accual vallid question. ]

Thanks.

____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#2 Sep 03 2010 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Quote:
Hiya.
Finally signed up for open beta.
I don't get my new PC until next week. Can I download the beta onto my old PC, then redownload it on the new PC, or is it locked to just one PC?
Am I better off waiting? Old PC won't run it too well anyway.
Cheers.


Yes you can!
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#3 Sep 03 2010 at 2:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
I'm not getting this. With my blacksmith rank 1 I CAN repair my sword , but when I try to repair my shoes, pants whatever I can't repair it with any rank 1 class (weaver, leatherworker) Can some 1 help me in the right direction? And yes I got the right matts to repair only the the repair button isn't clickable for me. :(
____________________________
FF XI: Wolk Hume (retired)
PLD 59 - WAR 30 - MNK 19 - DRK 11 - SAM 8 - RDM 6

WoW: Wolk lvl 80 Undead Mage (retired)
#4 Sep 03 2010 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Wolk wrote:
I'm not getting this. With my blacksmith rank 1 I CAN repair my sword , but when I try to repair my shoes, pants whatever I can't repair it with any rank 1 class (weaver, leatherworker) Can some 1 help me in the right direction? And yes I got the right matts to repair only the the repair button isn't clickable for me. :(


Do you have the required repair obects?
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#5 Sep 03 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Does anyone know much about fishing. Like where you get a pole and bait. Which bait to use. Good places to fish. Do you have to be a disciple of the land etc. Thank you!
#6 Sep 03 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
Quote:
Do you have the required repair obects?


Yes for imnstance my shoes need Sheep leather Spetch x1 and have both leather worker tools equiped. or do you mean something else?

NVM. I found out what I did wrong! You can't repair items when equiped >.> Silly me ;p
Now i only have to find out how to repair my undies, cause I can't unequip them :D


Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 6:34pm by Wolk
____________________________
FF XI: Wolk Hume (retired)
PLD 59 - WAR 30 - MNK 19 - DRK 11 - SAM 8 - RDM 6

WoW: Wolk lvl 80 Undead Mage (retired)
#7 Sep 03 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Parsalyn wrote:
Does anyone know much about fishing. Like where you get a pole and bait. Which bait to use. Good places to fish. Do you have to be a disciple of the land etc. Thank you!

Wint made a guide for this :) i have had NO luck with fishing myself, check for his guild in teh wiki, its acually quite amazing :)

http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Wint's_Guide_to_Fishing
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#8 Sep 03 2010 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
Wolk wrote:

NVM. I found out what I did wrong! You can't repair items when equiped >.> Silly me ;p
Now i only have to find out how to repair my undies, cause I can't unequip them :D

HAHA i didnt even think of that! a weaver can make you a new pair to change into ;)
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#9 Sep 03 2010 at 8:00 PM Rating: Good
Awesome idea Puppy. Going to add this to my sticky when I get home tonight. Along with a few other things.
#10 Sep 03 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
23 posts
Where can I find Lightning Shards? I've not gotten a single one at all >_>;
#11 Sep 03 2010 at 8:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Parsalyn wrote:
Does anyone know much about fishing. Like where you get a pole and bait. Which bait to use. Good places to fish. Do you have to be a disciple of the land etc. Thank you!


Feel free to read Wint's Guide to Fishing: http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Wint%27s_Guide_to_Fishing
#12 Sep 03 2010 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
AestiaMons wrote:
Where can I find Lightning Shards? I've not gotten a single one at all >_>;


http://ffxiv.zam.com/en/item.html?ffxivitem=1000007

You can buy them from the guild people. I've also gotten shards from chopping trees, though I can't remember specifically if I got Lightning ones.
#13 Sep 03 2010 at 8:09 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Ok, so in the FFXIV config, what is ambient occlusion? do I want it on for best effect or off?
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#14 Sep 03 2010 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
23 posts
Pikko wrote:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/en/item.html?ffxivitem=1000007

You can buy them from the guild people. I've also gotten shards from chopping trees, though I can't remember specifically if I got Lightning ones.


Hmm, that link just takes me to a page that says

"Invalid ID

Perhaps you should try the Item List."

I found the vendor that sells the crystals, but he won't take my gold ._.; The quest continues!
#15 Sep 03 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,497 posts
Quote:
AestiaMons wrote:
Where can I find Lightning Shards? I've not gotten a single one at all >_>;


http://ffxiv.zam.com/en/item.html?ffxivitem=1000007

You can buy them from the guild people. I've also gotten shards from chopping trees, though I can't remember specifically if I got Lightning ones.

I've gotten them from mining in gridia

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 9:25pm by shykin
#16 Sep 03 2010 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Ambient Occlusion, I really can't say if it is good or bad, but here is a link. And thanks to Wint and others who linked the fishing guide. I'll pick that up tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 10:22pm by Parsalyn
#17 Sep 03 2010 at 8:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
AestiaMons wrote:
Pikko wrote:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/en/item.html?ffxivitem=1000007

You can buy them from the guild people. I've also gotten shards from chopping trees, though I can't remember specifically if I got Lightning ones.


Hmm, that link just takes me to a page that says

"Invalid ID

Perhaps you should try the Item List."

I found the vendor that sells the crystals, but he won't take my gold ._.; The quest continues!

If he won't take your gil ( not gold) then you might be talking to a vendor that deals in guild marks. You get those by doing leve quests, though i haven't seen any that were lower than rank 10.

Edit: Nice idea puppy. Haven't seen you on in a little while, nice comback. :P



Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 10:24pm by Teneleven
____________________________

#18 Sep 03 2010 at 8:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Ugh, I think a dev bugged it while fixing another bug I ticketed. I'll have them look at it.
#19 Sep 03 2010 at 8:25 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Parsalyn wrote:
Ambient Occlusion, I really can't say if it is good or bad, but here is a link. And thanks to Wint and others who linked the fishing guide. I'll pick that up tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion

Edited, Sep 3rd 2010 10:22pm by Parsalyn


Thanks mate, from that, I take it it's a good thing and for best effect it should be turned on :) thanks again
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#20 Sep 03 2010 at 8:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Ok, item display should be fixed. Sorry about that!
#21 Sep 03 2010 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Pikko wrote:
Ok, item display should be fixed. Sorry about that!


It's fixed. :)
____________________________

#22 Sep 04 2010 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
770 posts
yay pikko!!! the fixer of teh broken! now if she only make me never typo...
____________________________
I do not suffer from insanity.. I rather enjoy it.

{retired} Devalynn Mithra WHM extrodinare -Garuda (gives everyone a high paw! yeah!)

Church OF Mikhalia
#23 Sep 04 2010 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Question: Is there an easier way to select enemy mobs that are crowded by people or other things. FFXI had the F8 key which helped greatly. It targeted the closest enemy in your character's line of site, so all you had to do was face the enemy and hit F8, instead of having to tab through a group of people to get the right target. I've found this very frustrating in FFXIV.
#24 Sep 04 2010 at 3:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
Dunno if this was brought up already? Want a shield as Gladiator but don't have the 43k gil to spend to buy it in ul'dah? Jus make a new char and do the begin quest to collect 30k gil. Set up a retainer on ur main char sell a useless item for 30k gil in ur bazaar and buy it with the newly made char. ;)
____________________________
FF XI: Wolk Hume (retired)
PLD 59 - WAR 30 - MNK 19 - DRK 11 - SAM 8 - RDM 6

WoW: Wolk lvl 80 Undead Mage (retired)
#25 Sep 04 2010 at 3:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
Question: Is there an easier way to select enemy mobs that are crowded by people or other things. FFXI had the F8 key which helped greatly.


Lucky you, this same button exists in FFXIV but instead it is now F11.
____________________________
MUTED
#26 Sep 04 2010 at 6:06 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Am in need of wind crystals in Limnsy, can you buy them from a vendor there?
#27 Sep 04 2010 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
122 posts
You can only buy things like that from a vendor with guild marks.
#28 Sep 04 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Quote:
Lucky you, this same button exists in FFXIV but instead it is now F11.


Unfortunately this targets player characters as well, so I might as well tab spam instead of using this key. In FFXI, the F8 key would select the nearest enemy, even if a thousand people were between me and the enemy I was looking at. I supposed I could make a /target NPC macro once I figure out macros.
#29 Sep 04 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Okk so guys i need help...how do u take screen shots?! please?!

I'm in a hardcore place called...'Mor Dhona'...its unlike anything I've ever seen...need screenshots!

Edited, Sep 4th 2010 11:03pm by SpikeoElward
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#30 Sep 04 2010 at 9:07 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
I've got something of the sort going on in the link in my sig, it tends to get pushed down with the 20 thread per minute thing going on though. I need to update it with more general gameplay information soon though. Admittedly mine needs a bit more organization, haha. I think Osarion's post is the best all around help thread, i just wish more people knew about our two so they would ask there and people could help them instead of the new thread for every question trend.
And about screenshots, im unsure of the official in game command, but you can download fraps, thats been a staple screenshot and fps displaying program in the pc game community for years.
http://www.fraps.com


Edited, Sep 4th 2010 11:30pm by Dagger99
#31 Sep 04 2010 at 9:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
Okk so guys i need help...how do u take screen shots?! please?!


Hold Scroll Lock + Print screen
____________________________
MUTED
#32 Sep 04 2010 at 9:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
16 posts
Does anyone have levelling advice? I'm stuck after finishing the main quest. (done the battlecraft leves already)
#33 Sep 08 2010 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,824 posts
McKinnon wrote:
Does anyone have levelling advice? I'm stuck after finishing the main quest. (done the battlecraft leves already)
Grind time. You can also get new battlecraft leves, just not sure how many you can get total.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#34 Sep 08 2010 at 7:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
280 posts
Puppy1 wrote:
Parsalyn wrote:
Does anyone know much about fishing. Like where you get a pole and bait. Which bait to use. Good places to fish. Do you have to be a disciple of the land etc. Thank you!

Wint made a guide for this :) i have had NO luck with fishing myself, check for his guild in teh wiki, its acually quite amazing :)

http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Wint's_Guide_to_Fishing


You can also try http://www.disciplesoftheland.com There are guides at the forum and information on where the fish can be caught using what bait.
____________________________
I am working on a database called Disciples of the Land. Please check it out at http://www.disciplesoftheland.com if you want to fish, mine or harvest in FFXIV
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)