Ok this blame on beta and nitpicking people is getting really really old.. Are you that naive? People are not complaining about the dam bugs.. they are complaining because the game is simply out right boring and unintuitive.. Let's go ahead and list it .. So it will actually go through your skull..
I play in Limsa ... Honestly every other starter town sucks.. and are way too small..
1. Dodo birds why in the **** is it spawning near noob areas .. where not a single solo person can kill it? WHY? WHY?
2. Why are all the good and easily kill-able mobs at low level.. extremely far away from the healing zone (i.e. aether crystal)?
3. Is it really that **** hard to implement a search system for npc.. or better yet Icons.. yes those icons that litter your very desktop.. why not implement them in to the game and save us the trouble of walking around forever looking for a single npc... I am going to go ahead and anticipate your response.. No I don't really care for discovery and exploration.. I just want stuff done.. and done right.. I am not a kind of person that enjoys and trial and miss session with looking for npc's..
4. Leveling... Let's just go ahead and call that a grind fest for now.. Seriously.. Guildleve doesn't award exp.. the crap? Also why does your main physical level go up faster than your class level.. I find that system utterly stupid.. not only is it redundantly hard to level physical level but it is twice as hard to level my class level.. After awhile I wonder why I even bother to level out 2 class..
5. There are simply NO quests that rewards exp.. Guildleves are a joke.. Main quests although exciting offers nothing to improve your character...
So I am just going to flat out and say it.. FINAL GRIND FEST XIV. Holy **** yes I know Grind exist in every game.. but other games make it at least bearable or make it very unnoticeable.. Guildwars made grinding to 20 a 1 hour deal.. WoW made it quests for everyone to level.. Aion tries to make quests but fails to give out interesting ones.. Silkroad online.. **** that game..
Final Fantasy XIV on the other hand... WTF.. Guildleve offer absolute crap rewards.. Main quests offers money.. so am I suppose to kill crap all day or something? How exiciting.. NO!!
Here is a screen shot of my collectors edition receipt.. I deeply care about this game.. and wish I can enjoy it.. but it's flaw is simply unbearable... I play aion. I played Final fantasy XI .. I played WoW.. I have played guild wars.. I have played diablo 1, and 2.. but this is the first game ever that completely crushed my faith in its success... http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/Untitled-2.jpg http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/Untitled-2.jpg http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/Untitled-2.jpg http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/Untitled-2.jpg http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/student908065/Untitled-2.jpg
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding