Ok this blame on beta and nitpicking people is getting really really old.. Are you that naive? People are not complaining about the dam bugs.. they are complaining because the game is simply out right boring and unintuitive.. Let's go ahead and list it .. So it will actually go through your skull..
I play in Limsa ... Honestly every other starter town sucks.. and are way too small..
1. Dodo birds why in the **** is it spawning near noob areas .. where not a single solo person can kill it? WHY? WHY?
2. Why are all the good and easily kill-able mobs at low level.. extremely far away from the healing zone (i.e. aether crystal)?
3. Is it really that **** hard to implement a search system for npc.. or better yet Icons.. yes those icons that litter your very desktop.. why not implement them in to the game and save us the trouble of walking around forever looking for a single npc... I am going to go ahead and anticipate your response.. No I don't really care for discovery and exploration.. I just want stuff done.. and done right.. I am not a kind of person that enjoys and trial and miss session with looking for npc's..
4. Leveling... Let's just go ahead and call that a grind fest for now.. Seriously.. Guildleve doesn't award exp.. the crap? Also why does your main physical level go up faster than your class level.. I find that system utterly stupid.. not only is it redundantly hard to level physical level but it is twice as hard to level my class level.. After awhile I wonder why I even bother to level out 2 class..
5. There are simply NO quests that rewards exp.. Guildleves are a joke.. Main quests although exciting offers nothing to improve your character...
So I am just going to flat out and say it.. FINAL GRIND FEST XIV. Holy sh*t yes I know Grind exist in every game.. but other games make it at least bearable or make it very unnoticeable.. Guildwars made grinding to 20 a 1 hour deal.. WoW made it quests for everyone to level.. Aion tries to make quests but fails to give out interesting ones.. Silkroad online.. @#%^ that game..
Final Fantasy XIV on the other hand... WTF.. Guildleve offer absolute crap rewards.. Main quests offers money.. so am I suppose to kill crap all day or something? How exiciting.. NO!!
Here is a screen shot of my collectors edition receipt.. I deeply care about this game.. and wish I can enjoy it.. but it's flaw is simply unbearable... I play aion. I played Final fantasy XI .. I played WoW.. I have played guild wars.. I have played diablo 1, and 2.. but this is the first game ever that completely crushed my faith in its success...
Okay, you're not going to like this, but it needs to be said, don't care if I get rated up or down, it needs to be said.If you don't like it, don't ******* play it. This game doesn't need ******* mouth breathing rejects like you playing. If you're just going to pitch a *****, exit out of XIV, mouse over what ever easy mode mmo you came from, most likely WoW at this point, and go back to playing it. Yes there are some issues still present in this beta, note the term beta, meaning nothing is set in stone. The thing is still changing as we go closer to retail. They are still in the process of fixing things as the game gets closer to release. **** they have fixed a few things between phase 3 and open beta, like the fact every successful synth rewards skill points.
Dodo birds killing you? Well don't **** with them solo, at the level where they will **** you up, they're meant to be taken down with more than a person. Low level mobs too far away from the aetherite? If you're a class with mp, means you don't burn through finite resources. Can't find an NPC? Don't expect a giant flashing arrow over its head. This game expects you to do some footwork, such as going to where the quest says and talk to npcs there, if the quest itself doesn't tell you which npcs to talk to. Use that ******* thing between your ears once in awhile. Out of leves, guess what you grind. Even WoW had some grinding to it before they listened to all the ******* whiners, anyone remember vanilla WoW? The fact that leves don't give you ohmahgodfookinawsom rewards is so crafters don't get ****** over. Why buy gear from someone when you can get a superior piece from a leve?
I say this from the bottom of my heart, don't like it leave. We sure as **** don't want your kind in this game.