Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

You can do more than 8 Guildleves per day!Follow

#1 Sep 04 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
I hope that nobody has already posted this (so admin please feel free to lock etc)

I was playing today and had already completed my first 8 Guildleves in Ul'Dah when I took the ferry over to Limsa....

Went to speak to the Guildleve guy there and got 8 more! Less than 24 hours after I had completed my other. He let me trade my old ones for better rewards - I was stoked!

Just got to get to other city now to see if it works again.

O btw it also worked for crafting too!
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#2 Sep 04 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
158 posts
Been doing that too. Started in Ul'dah, exhausted my Leves, went to Gridania next day and exhausted those-this way I can go back to Ul'dah tomorrow, and always have leves to do every day (would do this with Limsa Lominsa too but I haven't looked for the ferry yet).
#3 Sep 04 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Yeah - confirmed then - I think this is very special as I had assumed wrongly of course that the maximum was world specific and not just city :)
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#4 Sep 04 2010 at 10:09 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
You don't even have to go to a different city. I was starting to think I had just misunderstood the complaints. I did eight and logged out for about 6 hrs or so and when i came back I was able to do more in the same city.
#5 Sep 04 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Ahha so this might be a mistake then...?
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#6 Sep 04 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
*
194 posts
The timer is not per player, it is for the npc. The NPC gets his available leves refreshed every 48 hours. So, if you get his leves right after he refreshed, you have a 48 hour wait for more. If you get them 2 hours before he refreshes, you can get 8 more in 2 hours.
____________________________
FFXI: Edalya, Valefor Server 99WAR/99PLD/99DNC/75DRG (Retired)
FFXIV: Edalya Evenstar, Excalibur Server 46DRG
#7 Sep 04 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Decent
*
154 posts
God damnit, and here I was last night spending hours in the same cave farming fire crystals in the La noscea.

Spent 2 hours or so getting fire crystals, tried blacksmithing some copper nuggets or something to get my level to 5 for the next leves, and FAILED them all! I was wounded.

But good to know that each city can do 8, was pretty worried about that!

And on the topic of guild leves, I remember hearing in an interview somewhere that you can get leves that take 5 hours or so to complete but in the beta they ALL seem to be 30 mins.. Anyone know if this is true? Or will it only be implimented in the full game?
#8 Sep 04 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Yea this is a glitch...I went to Limsa from Ul'Dah and couldn't exchange my leves...they're global.
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Sep 04 2010 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
So how do you get around to the other starting cities?
#10 Sep 04 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
Well it does seem kind of rough to put an xp penalty to try to force you to play other jobs and at the same time limit that jobs capability to level effectively, by only allowing 8 leves every two days. Maybe they realized that and tweeked the cooldown. It has too be 8 hours or less currently. Who knows if this is just temporary or a permanat fix. Only time will tell.
#11 Sep 04 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Well from Ul'Dah I went West to the ferry for Limsa

I assume East for Gridana (sorry spelling)
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#12 Sep 04 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=1282502104257939972

Relevant paragraph:

Quote:
Keep in mind that the NPCs who give leves have a limited and semi random selection of leves, and this selection refreshes each 48 hours server time. This is **NOT** 48 hours from when you accepted or completed a leve, it is a pre determined time each day (I believe midnight in Japan) and it occurs every 48 hours regardless of your actions. Thus, depending on when you take leves, you may be able to complete as many as 32 total leves in a very short period of time, or you may have to wait almost 48 full hours once you have completed your current allotment. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to check within the game to know how close the server is to the designated "reset" timer. Hopefully this is some thing that gets changed before final release.




Edited, Sep 4th 2010 12:20pm by KarlHungis
#13 Sep 04 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
34 posts
Where's the ferry in Uldah?
#14 Sep 04 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Actually I think you can swap them out after 2 hours. Not tested yet, but I had two fishing guildleves I had completed yesterday, then later in the day(a few hours or so) I logged back in and it let me exchange both of those rather than just adding them onto the list, so I still show only having 2 Fieldcraft leves in my log.
#15 Sep 04 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
8 per city is very reasonable. and it encourages people to travel.


a dumb question, but i'm still installing OB and i haven't seen this answered, but are some/all Guildleves repeatable? Will I be able to redo some on conj if I've done them on pug weeks earlier? Just curious if its possible to run out.
____________________________


#16 Sep 04 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
KujaKoF wrote:
8 per city is very reasonable. and it encourages people to travel.


When I tested for this possibility it didn't work for me. Not sure why it worked for the OP but people need to be careful not to mistake the "shotgun" effect of doing leves right before the reset with some other effect.

Edited, Sep 4th 2010 12:36pm by KarlHungis
#17 Sep 04 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Dont think its possible to run out. But they do get repetitive - hope SE have put up a greater selection for release.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#18 Sep 04 2010 at 10:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Hold on, when in GMT terms is 12.00 JMN? I thought it was around now? If thats the case the leves couldnt have been reset by that.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#19 Sep 04 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Assuming they reset at JP midnight, the reset would have been just over an hour before you made your original post.
#20 Sep 04 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
I apologize for asking the idiotic question, but where is the ferry to Gridana from Lima? Do I leave the city gates and head where? Knowing my luck I'll find myself some zone from EQ2 or WoW with no way to get back.
#21 Sep 04 2010 at 10:30 AM Rating: Decent
*
154 posts
There is no ferry from Limsa to Gridania, there is a ferry from Limsa to Uld'ah, then you have to run east for about 30mins to get to the Black Shround, then North for another 30mins to arrive at Gridania.
#22 Sep 04 2010 at 10:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
Quote:
There is no ferry from Limsa to Gridania, there is a ferry from Limsa to Uld'ah


So where is the Ferry from Limsa?
#23 Sep 04 2010 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Assuming they reset at JP midnight, the reset would have been just over an hour before you made your original post.


Yeah I did these leves with a freind about 5 hours ago, a good 4 hours before I started the thread.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you here. Just think that the JMN thing isnt correct.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#24 Sep 04 2010 at 10:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Knowing my luck I'll find myself some zone from EQ2 or WoW with no way to get back.


Lol. +1

Quote:
There is no ferry from Limsa to Gridania, there is a ferry from Limsa to Uld'ah, then you have to run east for about 30mins to get to the Black Shround, then North for another 30mins to arrive at Gridania.


They should add an Airship for this. =D
#25 Sep 04 2010 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
EdyNOTB, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Assuming they reset at JP midnight, the reset would have been just over an hour before you made your original post.


Yeah I did these leves with a freind about 5 hours ago, a good 4 hours before I started the thread.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you here. Just think that the JMN thing isnt correct.


A lot of things are possible. Maybe they don't reset at midnight, or maybe the leve givers are out of sync between towns. I know that I've personally tested going between cities and it didn't work for me, personally, so it's not as simple as "you can do 8 per city per 48 hours."

It might not be as simple as "you can only do 8 per 48, period" either though. Servers are coming back up so it's some thing to test.

Edited, Sep 4th 2010 12:35pm by KarlHungis
#26 Sep 04 2010 at 10:39 AM Rating: Excellent
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
EdyNOTB, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
Assuming they reset at JP midnight, the reset would have been just over an hour before you made your original post.


Yeah I did these leves with a freind about 5 hours ago, a good 4 hours before I started the thread.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you here. Just think that the JMN thing isnt correct.


A lot of things are possible. Maybe they don't reset at midnight, or maybe the leve givers are out of sync between towns. I know that I've personally tested going between cities and it didn't work for me, personally, so it's not as simple as "you can do 8 per city per 48 hours."

It might not be as simple as "you can only do 8 per 48, period" either though. Servers are coming back up so it's some thing to test.

Edited, Sep 4th 2010 12:35pm by KarlHungis


Yeah totally true - more testing needed and servers up soon. In a way if they do allow this I'll be secretly pleased but it does go against what SE have been telling us for a while in regards to advantages for hardcore etc.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#27 Sep 04 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
38 posts
Definitely not working for me. Maybe after servers go down and back up that works but after completing my 8 leves today, I went to another city. Was a **** of a walk too. And no luck. Cant exchange any
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)