I'm using a pretty high-end studio laptop since I'm an artist and game developer, but even that scores low on the benchmark.
Intel Core i7 620M 2.67GHz
1TB Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB
Try to match that or better if you're getting a laptop.
Edit: Game actually runs fairly fine on mid settings though, except for UI lag which is inevitable anyway.
Edited, Sep 4th 2010 3:24pm by Rjain
Got that beat with a 2100 on Bench (1.3k on high), and running everything as is with no issues, 'cept AO, but I turned that off in CB3, don't know if it reset with OB (must be still off, heard it will hurt everyone bad, regardless of rig)... only the UI is laggy just like the responded post, but everyone including high powered desktops have that issue.
Intel i5 430M 2.27GHz turbo to 2.5 (unnoticed so far though)
500GB Hard Drive
GeForce GTS 360m
Harmon/kardon stereo speakers
Laptop is a 18.4" screened Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860 (yes, the screen is actually 18.4 diag), you can get for about $1k, and you can get even better models, such as i7s or w/e, highest I've seen is about $1.7k.... You can check QVC.com, they have a few models from time to time (and on payments too). Only numbers I've seen posted higher then mine is a brand spankin' new Alienware for more then double the cost for barely better score and some sick ASUS, which I know nothing about, they've gotten to 3k bench score, like 1.8k to my 1.3k on high. Either way, I have absolutely no issues, as the game runs beautifully and looks nice. If you plan on spending more then 1k, just make a desktop yourself or go to ibuypower.com or something.
Edit: Note on CPU/GPU, GPU bounces from 70% to 97% depending on whats going on in game, CPU isn't taxed over 50% ever as a whole, once in a while one of the 4 threads will bounce to 75% usage, but the other 3 stay under 25% if that happens, and game doesn't run CPU hotter then 143 degrees while laptop is fine on lap, and very quiet running still, even for its size, only notice it is hot when you actually take it off your lap and feel the air, lol. Edited, Sep 4th 2010 4:21pm by Toryu