Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

They need to push launch back..Follow

#152 Sep 07 2010 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
RufuSwho wrote:
I can see how some people would want a fully polished game at release.
Definitely not expecting "fully polished" by release day. Nobody can expect that out of an MMO. I just want SOME amount of polish, because there seems to be very little so far.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#153 Sep 07 2010 at 11:48 AM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
Here's how I see the controller issue.

its actually moot. SE needs to make the UI useable for any style of control either gamepad or KB or KB+Mouse.

If the UI is clean and the menu layers kept to a minnimum and using a KB you can hotkey many things, like you could
in FFXI.


This one issue at this point in time should be moot, not bashing the game but SE knows that both PC and PS3
has the capability for gamepad, KB, and KB+mouse.

this should be addressed and also maybe bring the UI to client side not server side.

Other than that really all other issues will be resolved in time, I still remember EQ and XI launch
those were messy the first two weeks.

If you're worries about the retail version, wait 2-4 weeks. Otherwise buy and watch it evolve.
#154 Sep 07 2010 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,508 posts
Quote:
This argument has nothing to do with WoW, the menu interface simply sucks. Why is it that when someone realizes their argument has absolutely no ground to stand on they drag WoW into it?


And why is it that YOU can't accept that just because you don't like the UI, that that doesn't make it suck?

You have an opinion. So what, that's all it is. Not only that it's the opinion of someone who has exactly 0 pull in the company. You don't have to like it, but you really ought to get over yourself.

Conversely I love the UI, and hate the cluttered POS other mmo's call a UI.

It all boils down to personal preference; if this game doesn't fit with your preferences, you're only hurting yourself by sticking around.

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 4:18pm by renasci
____________________________
.:Seraph:.
Blu90/Drg90/Dnc90/Mnk90/Nin90/Rng75/Sam75/Bst66
Pld64/Cor50/Rdm50/War45//Thf38

Square Enix when ToAU first went live wrote:
The TP information included in "physical" blue magic spells is
only applicable when using the job ability "Chain Affinity."
#155 Sep 07 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
39 posts
Speeral wrote:

I still remember EQ and XI launch those were messy the first two weeks.

If you're worries about the retail version, wait 2-4 weeks. Otherwise buy and watch it evolve.


FFXI's launch was flawless since it had already been out for a long long time beforehand... lol Unless you were in Japan at the time?
#156 Sep 07 2010 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
renasci wrote:
Quote:
This argument has nothing to do with WoW, the menu interface simply sucks. Why is it that when someone realizes their argument has absolutely no ground to stand on they drag WoW into it?


And why is it that YOU can't accept that just because you don't like the UI, that that doesn't make it suck?

You have an opinion. So what, that's all it is. Not only that it's the opinion of someone who has exactly 0 pull in the company. You don't have to like it, but you really ought to get over yourself.

Conversely I love the UI, and hate the cluttered POS other mmo's call a UI.

It all boils down to personal preference; if this game doesn't fit with your preferences, you're only hurting yourself by sticking around.



Actually I find this U.S. needlessly clumsy and cluttered compared to other game's UIs A big reason is that it has minimal mouse support. Most things you can do with the mouse you can do with arrow keys and enter just as easy-- and they did that because they're creating for a council game. If they could use the mouse to the full ability they could have all sorts of contextual shortcuts to clean it up. Click drag and all that great stuff. Unfortunately, I don't see these things being improved any time soon. I don't think the U.I. I so bad to kill the game *as long as* they speed it up so you don't feel like you're wading through molasses.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#157 Sep 07 2010 at 3:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
123 posts
There are far too many things implemented poorly in FFXIV for me to nitpick and break down each flaw.

There is one though that was the nail in the coffin for me in FFXI. The lack of interaction between developers and the end-user. I would settle for community representatives at this point, but at an official capacity.

Please SE, please please please support your community by settings up and staffing an official FFXIV forum/discussion board. I would gladly pay an extra $1 a month on my subscription fee just to be able to have just an indirect line to the developers through YOUR staff.

Sony has it, and so does Blizzard -- two of the most prominent and successful MMO developers in existence. My question is, why the **** don't you?
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#158 Sep 07 2010 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
**
473 posts
Quote:
FFXI's launch was flawless since it had already been out for a long long time beforehand... lol Unless you were in Japan at the time?


I was for the JP launch and saw the first few weeks of launch. I wasn't smooth and there was an almost daily update.

NA launch was smooth but still had its hiccups. I am just saying no launch of any MMO i've seen has ever been
smooth or not had some bumps in the road. Its kinda expected and I am fine with it, as long as the end product
is fun and engaging.
#159 Sep 07 2010 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
359 posts
Quote:
There are far too many things implemented poorly in FFXIV for me to nitpick and break down each flaw.

There is one though that was the nail in the coffin for me in FFXI. The lack of interaction between developers and the end-user. I would settle for community representatives at this point, but at an official capacity.

Please SE, please please please support your community by settings up and staffing an official FFXIV forum/discussion board. I would gladly pay an extra $1 a month on my subscription fee just to be able to have just an indirect line to the developers through YOUR staff.

Sony has it, and so does Blizzard -- two of the most prominent and successful MMO developers in existence. My question is, why the **** don't you?


Holy crap...YES. It's like they don't care! ...
____________________________


#160 Sep 07 2010 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Goatie wrote:
It's like they don't care!
It's not like they don't care, they literally do not care.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
1 2 3 4 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (27)