Ok, I must be doing something wrong because the only way I've found to repair my items is this.
1. Buy tools. Buy blacksmith tools for metal
2. Buy leatherworking tools for leather
3. ...and a set of weavers tools for the cloth
4. Go to inventory, to select the equipment and see 'wear' and repair mats
5. Buy the mats, each from different shops
6. Go to menu, select equipment, select the main hand slot.
Select the tool
Repeat for other hand
7. Choose the item to repair.
Select itself from the list of inventory (unsortable, slow to scroll)
8. Close this screen and open up the inventory.
Search again through the unsorted crap.
Select the item
Now it will tell you the mats that you need, but you have to go and search for them through that lovely unsorted pile of junk, to tell it which mats it needs
9. Choose which hand you want to repair it with (wtf?)
10. Job done......almost!
Now get that menu open
open the equip screen
pick a slot
pick the equipment
choose to farking equip it!!!
11. Repeat for every single piece of equipment you have, roughly once every hour.
Oh, and bring spare undies, or you can never get rid of the durability notification.
Am I doing this wrong? Is there a 'repair all' button somewhere? Because this is seriously a game-breaker for me. I literally cannot take it. Some of the other systems I thought I would learn to cope with, but this is so ridiculous it's not even funny. It wouldn't even be so bad if the menu's weren't all optimesed for pad instead of mouse. They're a pain to work with, even if they weren't tortuously contrived to p*ss you off.
Edited, Sep 5th 2010 9:18pm by Bglamb