1. Setting up your Router.
- Make sure you open or forward the following ports.
2. Turning off anything you dont need during Update.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- type in msconfig
- Then untick any services in the list which arent in use.
- if your using wireless or a laptop dont untick any of your laptops key programs like pointing devices etc, or your wireless device.
This will reduce the chances of background programs which may be using the internet interfering with your downloads.
Once your done you can repeat Step 2 and turn everything back on, if you so wish.
3. Turn off UAC in Control Panel > User Accounts
4. Try: Running the Updater as Administrator.
5. Make sure UPnP is enabled.
6. Using a torrent downloader rather than the offical updater.
For a Guide on how to do this so the patcher recongizes the downloads CLICK HERE.
NOTE: THIS WORKS, MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW IT TO THE LETTER, AND IF YOUR NOT 100% THEN ASK.
DISCLAIMER: IF YOUR UNSURE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU SEE HERE THEN DO NOT ATTEMPT IT.
Edited, Sep 5th 2010 10:51pm by FFXIVRage