Ok, just getting started in the Beta, and I got some quick questions. If there is a place where these are already answered, please direct me there.
- First, I use to have a minimap at the top of my screen that showed my current path, where North is as well as dots representing PCs and NPCs. It isn't there anymore? How do I get it back?
- I got a message I learned a weapon skill, but couldn't figure out how to use it. An NPC told me I have to equip it in the "Actions" or w/e menu option, but when I go there I still can't figure out how to do it. Every slot I select just gives me one option "Unequip slot". Any help?
- I notice I can warp around at the cost of something (Atoms or something, I can't remember). Where do these things come from. Seems like I had 100 to start.
- I am a lancer, and it says I can attack from further away. Should I actually be trying to keep distance between me and the mob when I am soloing? Or is running around a mob you are fighting just as pointless as it was in XI?
- Is there a way to check mobs like you can in XI? I am curious as to what will kick my *** and what not.
I probablly have 1000 more, but I am sure I can figure out more as I ***** around with the game some more. Its amazing how different the offline and online Final Fantasy games are as far as tutorials. 80% of the way through XIII I swear the game was still telling me how to do basic commands I figured out in the opening battle, while in XI and XIV it feels more like "here is a boatload of obscure options, have fun figuring it out..."