Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

is this really mage in ff14???Follow

#1 Sep 06 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Default
2 posts
I like to play mage everygame because of his powerful magic
However In this game the only thing u can keep lv on mage u have to attck monter like warrior more than using magic

So i will go on Disiple of war surly and the mage really suck
#2 Sep 06 2010 at 1:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
surly mage.
#3 Sep 06 2010 at 1:43 AM Rating: Good
*
84 posts
*head explodes from English

I have no problem with the mage mana system in FF14
____________________________
FFXI Server: Valefor Characters: Oishii and Elviss
75 Paladin 75 Samurai 43 White Mage
WoW 74 Paladin Faithseeker
#4 Sep 06 2010 at 1:43 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
KiryuZ wrote:
I like to play mage everygame because of his powerful magic
However In this game the only thing u can keep lv on mage u have to attck monter like warrior more than using magic

So i will go on Disiple of war surly and the mage really suck


In english...

I like to play mages in games because I like their powerful magic.
However, in this game, to level your mage you need to attack more like a warrior instead of always using magic.
So I will surely play Disciple of War and mages really suck.

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 3:43am by ShonaSeraph
#5 Sep 06 2010 at 1:44 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).
____________________________
MUTED
#6 Sep 06 2010 at 1:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
150 posts
It's 12:46 PST / 3:46 EST.
Do you know where your children are?


Edited, Sep 6th 2010 3:46am by Osanshouo
#7 Sep 06 2010 at 1:47 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
How I mine for fish?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
#8 Sep 06 2010 at 1:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
Yeah the skill up kind of bothersome as a mage, but I do find the mana combat system kind of forces you to be using a lot of spirit darts in between spells, so overall I find the system works.

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 3:50am by FaithseekerOishii
____________________________
FFXI Server: Valefor Characters: Oishii and Elviss
75 Paladin 75 Samurai 43 White Mage
WoW 74 Paladin Faithseeker
#9 Sep 06 2010 at 1:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
811 posts
The OP would have made a lot more sense if I was really really REALLY drunk.
Then we could have had an awesome conversation.
#10 Sep 06 2010 at 1:50 AM Rating: Good
*
150 posts
Quote:
How I mine for fish?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

This was my first reaction but I was somewhat able to make sense of the post.
Seems like a kid or a drunk person, at least I hope it is.

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 3:51am by Osanshouo
#11 Sep 06 2010 at 1:50 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
CroninVenge wrote:
How I mine for fish?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?


Mine for fish?
You can only mine for TaraTaru!
#12 Sep 06 2010 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
***
1,041 posts
SolidMack wrote:
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).


Your not restricted to doing only damage spells for skillups. If you nuke the mob to 0 in one spell its your own fault.

Also, the base attack works like melee, but technically its a magic attack. Just think of it as a crappy 0 MP damage spell.
____________________________
Asmoranomar - Diabolos
BRD/RDM - Song Cast Time Setup
BRD/WHM - Wind Buff Setup
BRD/WHM - Wind Debuff Setup
BRD/WHM - String Buff Setup
BRD/WHM - String Debuff Setup
#13 Sep 06 2010 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
SolidMack wrote:
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).


Yeah, I disagree with the final comment of the OP because I was having a ton of fun with conjurer today. Found a shield and a maple wand so Stoneskin+Shock Spikes+ shield guard = fun for me soloing. But yeah, back to the point...I wouldn't like it so much partying especially if that party expected me to.... act like a mage = P
____________________________

#14 Sep 06 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).


Yeah, I disagree with the final comment of the OP because I was having a ton of fun with conjurer today. Found a shield and a maple wand so Stoneskin+Shock Spikes+ shield guard = fun for me soloing. But yeah, back to the point...I wouldn't like it so much partying especially if that party expected me to.... act like a mage = P


really? Conjurers can use shields? I had planned to pick up Conjurer as my mage job from time to time. This may solidify my decision.
#15 Sep 06 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Decent
*
84 posts
They should change the spirit dart animation and make it look more spell like, there might be less complaints.
____________________________
FFXI Server: Valefor Characters: Oishii and Elviss
75 Paladin 75 Samurai 43 White Mage
WoW 74 Paladin Faithseeker
#16 Sep 06 2010 at 1:56 AM Rating: Good
*
150 posts
Oh that drg post brings back lols, what a marvelous troll.
That and the boomerang ranger thread.

Kinda funny that they both came from the ranger forum.
Maybe they're not trolls and just people who snapped after the great ranger nerf.
#17 Sep 06 2010 at 1:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).


Yeah, I disagree with the final comment of the OP because I was having a ton of fun with conjurer today. Found a shield and a maple wand so Stoneskin+Shock Spikes+ shield guard = fun for me soloing. But yeah, back to the point...I wouldn't like it so much partying especially if that party expected me to.... act like a mage = P


really? Conjurers can use shields? I had planned to pick up Conjurer as my mage job from time to time. This may solidify my decision.


Yeah I was tearing through the blue/green mobs with that setup, not even really using the shield much...stoneskin & shock spikes were enough...but I may be wanting that shield if I test some orange+ mobs...

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 3:57am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#18 Sep 06 2010 at 1:57 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
FaithseekerOishii wrote:
They should change the spirit dart animation and make it look more spell like, there might be less complaints.


They should go WAYYYYYY over top and have crazy animations for everything. Especially spirit dart. Have like Doomtrain come down and plough over the mob every few seconds! And have a basic fire spell completely burn the entire zone!
#19 Sep 06 2010 at 1:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:


Yeah I was tearing through the blue/green mobs with that setup, not even really using the shield much...stoneskin & shock spikes were enough...but I may be wanting that shield if I test some orange+ mobs...


Awesome, I may be abandoning my marauder then...

I have yet to try mages in Beta thusfar. I do like playing unpopular classes mostly, it makes me more unique. If mages are as bad as everyone says they are, i may have found my niche =)
#20 Sep 06 2010 at 2:17 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
He's not talking about the mage mana system - he makes a good point, you're forced to attack normally to make any progress in skilling up as mage (i.e., if you nuke for a complete battle, the way it is now, you'll destroy the mob but you'll get 0 skill ups. Am I right? someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works).

Yeah, I disagree with the final comment of the OP because I was having a ton of fun with conjurer today. Found a shield and a maple wand so Stoneskin+Shock Spikes+ shield guard = fun for me soloing. But yeah, back to the point...I wouldn't like it so much partying especially if that party expected me to.... act like a mage = P










From these reasons i can't tell i am playing mage

it is just like I am playing warrior

that why many ppl go on principle of war

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 4:18am by KiryuZ
#21 Sep 06 2010 at 2:22 AM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
I'd like to know how to equip a 2-handed staff and a shield at the same time too.

Oh, and ... this guy has better english than one of the supervisors at my job. He gets a pass from me. :)
____________________________
Astral Descent Homepage
#22 Sep 06 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Good
*
205 posts
If u want to equip a shield: CON can equip 1H-Wand and THM can equip 1H-specter
____________________________
I'm Xabac/Sleepymagi from FFXI Odin Server, if u hate/love me send me a /tell.
#23 Sep 06 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
Evilhobbit wrote:
I'd like to know how to equip a 2-handed staff and a shield at the same time too.

Oh, and ... this guy has better english than one of the supervisors at my job. He gets a pass from me. :)


Conjurers use 2-handed staves as well as 1-handed wands, no?
#24 Sep 06 2010 at 2:41 AM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
No thats not how it works. You notice sometimes you get a large chunk of skill ups when a mob dies, and other times you dont? The times you dont are when you reached the camp from that mob from simply using skills throughout the fight. Only times you get nice skillups at the end of a fight is when you got hardly any during the fight.
#25 Sep 06 2010 at 2:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Soezu wrote:
No thats not how it works. You notice sometimes you get a large chunk of skill ups when a mob dies, and other times you dont? The times you dont are when you reached the camp from that mob from simply using skills throughout the fight. Only times you get nice skillups at the end of a fight is when you got hardly any during the fight.


This is incorrect: the skillups you get throughout the fight are summed up at the end of the fight and that is your total skillup for the fight itself...there is no "cap" per se, and you may be mistaking the total skillup with total xp which are two different things.
____________________________
MUTED
#26 Sep 06 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Decent
**
353 posts
Lmao some people here are ahem not intelligent. The amount of skillup points u get at the end of a fight is the total you earned throughout the fight. Isn't it obvious? Maybe u should experiment before u say stuff out ur where the sun dont shine area.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)