Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

[Recruitment - Selbina] Insufficient FundsFollow

#52 Sep 11 2010 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
@ the last two posters:

I'll happily friend you both and look for you online to get you a pearl. Unfortunately I am away until Monday (posting from my phone right now), so I'm afraid I won't be able to add you until then. My apologies for the delay.

Rest assured though, we'll get you all added in short order! I promise! Smiley: smile
#53 Sep 12 2010 at 2:53 AM Rating: Good
Hi Eske, I'm "the girlfriend" FujiokaHaruhi mentioned. I'm Kailan Downs on Besaid, I hope to meet you all soon!
#54 Sep 12 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Devastated. Just...devastated....
#55 Sep 12 2010 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
Let me warn individuals that want to join this guild. Initiation consist of Eske river dancing for you. (I still haven't fully recovered) And chances are high you will get killed by moles in a party of 5-7 of us. Good times... lol

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 9:22pm by SaeferCyon
#56 Sep 13 2010 at 9:24 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,471 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Devastated. Just...devastated....


I responded this time! Smiley: mad Don't hate on me just because your in-game name sounds like a Harry Potter villain. Smiley: dubious

Quote:

Let me warn individuals that want to join this guild. Initiation consist of Eske river dancing for you. (I still haven't fully recovered) And chances are high you will get killed by moles in a party of 5-7 of us. Good times... lol


This is all true. Those moles are going to be the bane of our existence for a long time to come. I can tell. Smiley: glare
#57 Sep 14 2010 at 12:53 AM Rating: Good
Eske, Star Breaker wrote:
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Devastated. Just...devastated....


I responded this time! Smiley: mad Don't hate on me just because your in-game name sounds like a Harry Potter villain. Smiley: dubious


Ya, and you didn't even offer me a pearl, you filthy louse!
#58 Sep 14 2010 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
20 posts
Hi Eske,

You guys sound like a good fit for me; will you choo choo choose me?

In game name is Pivo Prosim. Also, not tied to any one server at the moment so wherever retail takes the LS I'm cool with it. I'm a pretty casual player, but should be on tonight.
#59 Sep 14 2010 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Eske, Star Breaker wrote:
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Devastated. Just...devastated....


I responded this time! Smiley: mad Don't hate on me just because your in-game name sounds like a Harry Potter villain. Smiley: dubious


Ya, and you didn't even offer me a pearl, you filthy louse!


You didn't ask for one, you nutbiter marmot!

paulchi wrote:
Hi Eske,

You guys sound like a good fit for me; will you choo choo choose me?

In game name is Pivo Prosim. Also, not tied to any one server at the moment so wherever retail takes the LS I'm cool with it. I'm a pretty casual player, but should be on tonight.


Sounds good. Smiley: smile

I'll be on tonight for sure, at 11:00 EST at the very latest. But I'll probably bum around in-game here and there throughout the day too. I'll look for you online.
#60 Sep 15 2010 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
f you have a crafting section for your linkshell website, could I ask permission to advertise The Consortium within your linkshell? If linkshells start allowing this, I will add a section to The Consortium's site to advertise friends of The Consortium. Assuming you stay on Besaid, that is.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]762856[/ffxivsig]
Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#61 Sep 15 2010 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
f you have a crafting section for your linkshell website, could I ask permission to advertise The Consortium within your linkshell? If linkshells start allowing this, I will add a section to The Consortium's site to advertise friends of The Consortium. Assuming you stay on Besaid, that is.


I would certainly say yes, but there are two problems:

1) We don't have a website
2) There's a strong chance that the Selbina move will happen

I'm sorry. Smiley: frown I do like the idea though.
#62 Sep 18 2010 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Bump to say:

The Selbina move is official. I'm going to contact an admin and see if I can get this thread moved on over.

Anybody who'd like to join us, we'll see you there! Smiley: grin
#63 Sep 19 2010 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
Quote:
Bump to say:

The Selbina move is official. I'm going to contact an admin and see if I can get this thread moved on over.

Anybody who'd like to join us, we'll see you there!


I'm in. I will actually be playing a lot more, now that it's not beta. Hopefully I get my CE copy fast.
#64 Sep 19 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
26 posts
I would love to join. Looks like a good group of people.

Name will be quilick silverfang
____________________________



[ffxivsig]1803627[/ffxivsig]
#65 Sep 19 2010 at 10:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Hey Eske,

I'm starting a small local shell for me and my in town buddies but it would rock to play with fellow Zammers. Be under the name Akua Aumoe, see ya @ launch Smiley: grin
#66 Sep 20 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
quilick wrote:
I would love to join. Looks like a good group of people.

Name will be quilick silverfang


SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Hey Eske,

I'm starting a small local shell for me and my in town buddies but it would rock to play with fellow Zammers. Be under the name Akua Aumoe, see ya @ launch Smiley: grin


Cool cool. We'll get you all added asap. Smiley: smile
#67 Sep 20 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
Hey Eske! So do you have a tally of how many members you have gotten so far and possibility what their demographics are like? I'm currently bouncing back and forth between choosing Selbina and Rabanastre and may be interested in joining. My main concern is whether or not it will be filled with children (not that children are bad per-say but walls of hyper text and screaming constantly in vent give me migraines). Will there be any restrictions at all?

Also, do you have plans to make a website at all for organization purposes? Not really a big deal just inquiring. Talk to you soon :)
#68 Sep 20 2010 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
AlMcFly wrote:
Hey Eske! So do you have a tally of how many members you have gotten so far and possibility what their demographics are like? I'm currently bouncing back and forth between choosing Selbina and Rabanastre and may be interested in joining. My main concern is whether or not it will be filled with children (not that children are bad per-say but walls of hyper text and screaming constantly in vent give me migraines). Will there be any restrictions at all?

Also, do you have plans to make a website at all for organization purposes? Not really a big deal just inquiring. Talk to you soon :)


I don't have the exact number off the top of my head, but I think we've got around 25 right now. I'll be looking to add anyone who's interested, so I'm expecting the number to increase quite a bit, too. Not really sure what you mean by demographics...everyone seems mature enough. Vent isn't required, though we'll have a server up soon. Any walls of text are probably mine.

I've been hesitant to set up a website. In my experience, they tend to be pretty bare. My FFXI shell never had one, and we never needed it. If a need arises for one though, I'll certainly consider it.

The only restriction is that you abide by my simplest of rules: if you can be patient, respectful, and have a relaxed attitude, it's all good. Other than that, nada. Just have fun. Smiley: smile
#69 Sep 21 2010 at 3:59 AM Rating: Good
14 posts
yoyoyo Eske just posting to say that I unfortunately wont be able to join until the game actually releases instores w00f
/wrists
#70 Sep 21 2010 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
80 posts
Quote:
Vent isn't required, though we'll have a server up soon.


Our vent server has been up and ready to go since the 16th. Of the few shellers I managed to chat with on it so far, they were fun, mature people, and we had some good laughs before OB ended. It's definitely not mandatory as Eske stated, but all members and/or "allied" shells like SkinwalkerAsura's that would like to utilize it, are certainly welcome to!

Quote:
not that children are bad per-say...screaming constantly in vent give me migraines


As far as vent goes, I'll almost always be on it while playing, in case there's a serious problem that can't be solved by simply changing channels (Though so far, everyone's been pretty great in OB, both in ls chat and on vent, thankfully). Eske has also been granted admin access of course, and as soon as trusted members/officers are established that wouldn't mind the added responsibility of monitoring vent, they'll be granted admin as well. There are plenty of channels already available for both organization, as well as if you just can't stand my smooth, baritone voice for another second. And more can be made at members' request(s). The server can currently support 20 users, but if we end up needing more, I can bump it up accordingly.

Hope to see some of ya in-game tonight/tomorrow!

Quote:
I'm starting a small local shell for me and my in town buddies...
Posting from San Diego


Oh snaps, another SoCal player! ^_^
____________________________
Normal mobs: The new "NM."

| i7-930@4.01GHz | 12GB DDR3 1600MHz @9,9,9,28 | 2x ATI Sapphire HD 2GB 5870 Vapor-X Crossfire@875MHz core/1250MHz mem | running W7 64-bit | all stable and cool |
#71 Sep 21 2010 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
What Giblos said. Smiley: tongue
#72 Sep 21 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Oh snaps, another SoCal player! ^_^


Aye, and I've been in other threads and forums telling other people from Cali to come to Selbina...there seems to be enough of us to raise a respectable ruckus but more people wouldn't hurt Smiley: sly
#73 Sep 21 2010 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
@ Rockeed. Mountain Dew I am not getting my FFXIV copy for a few days we should totally play some Playstation Games via Online?


@ Giblos. Choco Taco, can you PM me the info for vent? Thanks.
#74 Sep 21 2010 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
We had a vent server up already? I feel so left out = (

I wasn't really on much towards the end of OB there though...
____________________________

#75 Sep 21 2010 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
We had a vent server up already? I feel so left out = (

I wasn't really on much towards the end of OB there though...


Yeah credit goes to Choco on that one. I've been a little busy with RL stuff for the past week, so I haven't yet had a chance to get on it. Soon enough though.

#76 Sep 21 2010 at 1:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
80 posts
Quote:
Choco Taco, can you PM me the info for vent? Thanks.


Sent!

Quote:
@ Rockeed. Mountain Dew I am not getting my FFXIV copy for a few days we should totally play some Playstation Games via Online?


*o* Scott Pilgrim happy fun times? Or Fat Princess?

Quote:
We had a vent server up already? I feel so left out = (


Also sent, so no more feeling left out!

Quote:
Aye, and I've been in other threads and forums telling other people from Cali to come to Selbina...there seems to be enough of us to raise a respectable ruckus but more people wouldn't hurt


Mwaha, good man. If ya didn't live 2 hours away, I'd toss ya some of this free Sbarro's I just scored. :P

Now to figure out how to fix this new pol error, so I can goof around on my BST til launch...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 3:25pm by Giblos
____________________________
Normal mobs: The new "NM."

| i7-930@4.01GHz | 12GB DDR3 1600MHz @9,9,9,28 | 2x ATI Sapphire HD 2GB 5870 Vapor-X Crossfire@875MHz core/1250MHz mem | running W7 64-bit | all stable and cool |
#77 Sep 21 2010 at 1:24 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
Sbarro's sounds goooooooooooood...

And thanks for the vent info...
____________________________

#78 Sep 21 2010 at 1:43 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
Thanks Choco Taco. I think we shall play some Uncharted 2. But Fat Princess does sound like fun. It's been awhile since I played. And I have yet to get Scott Pilgrim, but it looks awesome. Any River City Ransom clone is awesome with me.
#79 Sep 21 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
Giblos wrote:
Quote:
Choco Taco, can you PM me the info for vent? Thanks.


Sent!



Could you pm me the vent info as well? I won't be installing until tomorrow morning when I pick up my CE from Best Buy but I can try the vent out tonight while doing homework to get a feel for Einherjar.
#80 Sep 21 2010 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
Please.. call me Sierra Mist.Not to derail the thread by anymeans but if you dont have a copy of FFXIV id be happy to play with ppl on PSN assuming we got matching games..like UNCHARTED!@# ;3
PSN: Instrument
#81 Sep 21 2010 at 4:26 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
My PSN: TangNuan
#82 Sep 21 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Guys, lets keep this thread about recruitment. Any prolonged off-topic banter can go to PM's or other threads. Smiley: smile

/authoritarian off Smiley: king
#83 Sep 21 2010 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
1 post
Hi eski. Your ls sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I haven't decided on a name yet but I'll msg you in game tomorrow barring no issues logging in on launch day.
#84 Sep 22 2010 at 1:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
Eske (or any sackholders), I would definitely like a pearl. I started in Gridania (may remake to start in Ul'dah) under the name Woo Shoo.
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#85 Sep 22 2010 at 1:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
WooShoo wrote:
Eske (or any sackholders), I would definitely like a pearl. I started in Gridania (may remake to start in Ul'dah) under the name Woo Shoo.


"Woo Shoo" eh? Do you do Wushu on the West Coast? What is your name?

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 3:44am by AlMcFly
#86 Sep 22 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Good
8 posts
i'm interested in this shell, i'm GMT but i'm usually up late anyways :)

/t Slam i started in uld =]
#87 Sep 22 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
I'll go about the process of collecting everybody back and adding the new folks once I can get online. Our damned internet is down. Go figure :P
#88 Sep 22 2010 at 2:15 PM Rating: Good
Add me when you can.

Ronin Yabusame.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1788672[/ffxivsig]
#89 Sep 22 2010 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
27 posts
Just made my character in Ul'dah, name is still Snowcap Kush. Good thing I saw you changed the servers eske :p
____________________________
~Death Before Dishonor~

Snowcap Kush
Lancer
Selbina
LS: Eihnerjar
#90 Sep 22 2010 at 5:16 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Ooooookay! Eske Eir is online in Ul'dah, Selbina server. I'll be on pretty much all night, trying to get everyone added.

See you all server side! Smiley: boozing
#91 Sep 22 2010 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
I'm jealous of all of you.
#92 Sep 23 2010 at 4:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
I've been on odd hours since I got lucky with a midnight release...though i just realized you wouldn't have found me anyway. Blander Kolas had a ***-change operation and shrank quite a bit...now a lalafell broad named Leeloo Digitalis in Gridania.
____________________________

#93 Sep 23 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
I've been on odd hours since I got lucky with a midnight release...though i just realized you wouldn't have found me anyway. Blander Kolas had a ***-change operation and shrank quite a bit...now a lalafell broad named Leeloo Digitalis in Gridania.


Gotcha. We'll get you back in.


Also: anyone who wants a pearl can also contact Fatalis Valefor/Warchief Vatgit or Choco Taco for one, if they can't find me online.
#94 Sep 23 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
**
292 posts
I started on Lindblum yesterday and had the itch to re-make my char earlier as i was not happy with my appearance. When i got to the choose server screen Lindblum was gone!(temporarily i know) But seeing as Selbina was my second choice i see it as fate, and fate brought me here to the Selbina forums to find this post.

Seems like a perfect linkshell for me, im fairly casual(at least now, that could change if i like playing too much :P), but anyways my name is Zidaga Karmaga, let me know in-game where to meet up for a pearl if you guys still have openings.

Seeya in-game!

____________________________
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
#95 Sep 24 2010 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
**
339 posts
Hi there. Would certainly be interested in your Selbina LS. Looking for some friendly people to share leves and such. Hit me up in game Syran Sylvia.
____________________________
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
#96 Sep 24 2010 at 7:57 PM Rating: Good
1 post
I would like to join!
I tried to contact y'll but apparently everyone is offline. Eske, did you get my PM?
#97 Sep 24 2010 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
D4rkC1own187 wrote:
I would like to join!
I tried to contact y'll but apparently everyone is offline. Eske, did you get my PM?


I did indeed. I haven't yet been online today, but I'll get on right now and add all the new names to my friend's list. We'll get you all a pearl asap.
#98 Sep 24 2010 at 9:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
23 posts
I'm interested in joining.

my char name is Fearful Symmetry.

I'll PM you on ZAM
____________________________

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn @ Playstation 3
#99 Sep 24 2010 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
6 posts
Finally got the game today! Amazon projected it getting here by the 27th at the earliest, so yay for that. Kailan's at work right now, but we should both be on... sometime later, don't know when exactly. See y'all in-game soon enough!
____________________________

#100 Sep 24 2010 at 11:25 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
FujiokaHaruhi wrote:
Finally got the game today! Amazon projected it getting here by the 27th at the earliest, so yay for that. Kailan's at work right now, but we should both be on... sometime later, don't know when exactly. See y'all in-game soon enough!


Nice! See you soon! Smiley: smile

Also: OP has been updated to include our other officers. Any can be contacted if they're on for a pearl.
#101 Sep 25 2010 at 2:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
216 posts
Oh... looks like you have a good community forming here! I'm very tempted to just re-make my character on Selbina now to join you guys.
____________________________
Lodestone Profile: Kainase Tyrosin (Besaid)
LS:
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (14)