Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Hardware mouse removed?Follow

#1 Sep 07 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Did SE remove the hardware mouse completely this patch? My hardware mouse patcher doesnt seem to be working anymore.
#2 Sep 07 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Lol the old windower team cat-and-mouse game begins again. Already.
SE will counteract windower team's fixes at every patch they can.
Looks like status quo is safe and sound.

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 2:27pm by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#3 Sep 07 2010 at 12:28 PM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
Lol. Do they think hardware mouse ruins their vision for the game or something? lmao.
#4 Sep 07 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
Soezu wrote:
Did SE remove the hardware mouse completely this patch? My hardware mouse patcher doesnt seem to be working anymore.


dude, you're in another thread vehemently defending how great this game is yet you had to hack it to make it playable.

ohhhhh, the irony.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#5 Sep 07 2010 at 12:33 PM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
Wow you thread stalking me? lmao.

Like i said in ALL my posts. FFXIV has it's faults that need to be addressed. I never said it didnt.

But yeah keep thread stalking me and crying about how you cant do solo quests from level 1-50 in a week. Seriously lol, as if you carrying the arguement to other threads now. Get real. I dont believe you're married. If you are you must be a woman.

edit: Fortunately I dont goto positive threads and derail them with cry baby complaints. I'll post my complaints in issues in the proper threads.

And FYI, i dont have to hack it to make it playable, i play with an xbox controller. but hardware mouse is a bonus. Would be stupid to say I dont prefer it.

Seriously just GTFO already. You're stalking me from thread to thread.



Edited, Sep 7th 2010 2:35pm by Soezu
#6 Sep 07 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
Soezu wrote:
Wow you thread stalking me? lmao.

Like i said in ALL my posts. FFXIV has it's faults that need to be addressed. I never said it didnt.

But yeah keep thread talking me and crying about how you cant do solo quests from level 1-50 in a week. Seriously lol, as if you carrying the arguement to other threads now. Get real. I dont believe you're married. If you are you must be a woman.


Haha I actually only noticed your name after reading the content of the thread.

I never said anything about it being in a week either. I rerolled in EQ2 about 6 months ago and am only lv 53/90 with like 80 hours of game time.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#7 Sep 07 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,707 posts
Expect it to break every patch.
____________________________

#8 Sep 07 2010 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I assume they replaced the ffxiv Exe file with a newer version. You'll simply have to patch it again (and do so after every update). Make sure that the patcher is compatible with the current version though.

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 2:37pm by Thintalle
#9 Sep 07 2010 at 12:39 PM Rating: Default
**
254 posts
Hmm, must not be compatible then. Patched it after the update, still isnt workin though. Guess will have to wait for an updated patcher?
#10 Sep 07 2010 at 2:21 PM Rating: Good
15 posts
New patch available here.

:) Haven't gotten to test it yet though, as servers are currently still down.

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 4:21pm by trtisme
#11 Sep 07 2010 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
15 posts
Just checked, confirmed to work BEAUTIFULLY.
#12 Sep 07 2010 at 3:39 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
196 posts
It's a way to stick it to the man :D ..
____________________________
WoW: we want to give players a more fun time with less grinding and generic quests
GW2: we want the player to feel like they are leveling while doing something fun
Final Fantasy XIV: we want less fun and more grinding
#13 Sep 07 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
They don't intentionally try to break the patch, honestly they probably don't even know about it yet...Square are reallllly slow about 3rd party stuff...like retardly slow. The nature of the patch on a constantly updated piece of code means it just breaks every time they update it.

If they really wanted to stop hardware mouse use they could do so very easily, they could just remove the feature completely. The patch doesnt add that functionality it just turns on what is already there.

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 5:45pm by preludes
____________________________
BANNED
#14 Sep 07 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
this update has actually improved the software mouse. so much so that i'm not even going to bother patching.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#15 Sep 07 2010 at 3:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
If you read Cliff's information he said with each new patch his hardware mouse patch will stop working, i think he's trying to make one that can stay through any patch update...he'll have a new one up soon most likely.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Sep 07 2010 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
The problem is that the game creates a new FFXIVBoot.exe every update. This patch injects itself into said file. When the file is replace the patch is gone with it. There is no "SE fixing it" it's just a case of matching the patch up with the new .exe file.
____________________________
Meowth!
#17 Sep 07 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,443 posts
measureups wrote:
this update has actually improved the software mouse. so much so that i'm not even going to bother patching.


You're joking... from where I'm sitting the interface and mouse lag is worse than ever.. I'm getting delays of at least a full second between pushing a button or moving the mouse and something actually happening (a full second is a ridiculously long time for a UI response and you wouldn't tolerate it for even a SERVER response).

I haven't been using Cliff's patch because I refuse to have to use a hack just to make the game not cause me physical pain to play it
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#18 Sep 07 2010 at 4:22 PM Rating: Decent
**
353 posts
It is not a hack really... all it does is change the word from =false to =true.
#19 Sep 07 2010 at 4:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I haven't been using Cliff's patch because I refuse to have to use a hack just to make the game not cause me physical pain to play it
Well that's just as stupid as SE not including the option to turn it on in the first place. Have fun not having fun, I suppose.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#20 Sep 07 2010 at 4:24 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,443 posts
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I haven't been using Cliff's patch because I refuse to have to use a hack just to make the game not cause me physical pain to play it
Well that's just as stupid as SE not including the option to turn it on in the first place. Have fun not having fun, I suppose.


I agree, and I used Windower extensively in FFXI, both so that it didn't completely imprison my PC and to correct some flaws in the UI. But I'm done with that now, if the game has to be hacked to make it playable then that's not acceptable. This isn't 1998 or 2002, this is 2010 and building a functional and usable interface is not that big a challenge anymore.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#21 Sep 07 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I haven't been using Cliff's patch because I refuse to have to use a hack just to make the game not cause me physical pain to play it
Well that's just as stupid as SE not including the option to turn it on in the first place. Have fun not having fun, I suppose.
I agree, and I used Windower extensively in FFXI, both so that it didn't completely imprison my PC and to correct some flaws in the UI. But I'm done with that now, if the game has to be hacked to make it playable then that's not acceptable. This isn't 1998 or 2002, this is 2010 and building a functional and usable interface is not that big a challenge anymore.
So use it until they enable a hardware mouse. What if they don't enable a hardware mouse, will you always mumble and grumble about it just so you can say that you're playing a "clean" version of the game?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#22 Sep 07 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
28 posts
My hardware mouse is working perfect, it requires spending 10 seconds to read the directions posted by cliff.
#23 Sep 07 2010 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,443 posts
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I haven't been using Cliff's patch because I refuse to have to use a hack just to make the game not cause me physical pain to play it
Well that's just as stupid as SE not including the option to turn it on in the first place. Have fun not having fun, I suppose.
I agree, and I used Windower extensively in FFXI, both so that it didn't completely imprison my PC and to correct some flaws in the UI. But I'm done with that now, if the game has to be hacked to make it playable then that's not acceptable. This isn't 1998 or 2002, this is 2010 and building a functional and usable interface is not that big a challenge anymore.
So use it until they enable a hardware mouse. What if they don't enable a hardware mouse, will you always mumble and grumble about it just so you can say that you're playing a "clean" version of the game?


I don't actually care that much about mouse controls as I do about a usable interface. And the answer to your question is more along the lines of: If they can't make the game playable, I won't play the game.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#24 Sep 07 2010 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
If they can't make the game playable, I won't play the game.
Well, I won't be paying for the game either. I already canceled my preorder. But I'm still in the open beta and still using the hardware mouse. Who knows, maybe come next week everything will turn around and function wonderfully.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#25 Sep 07 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,443 posts
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
If they can't make the game playable, I won't play the game.
Well, I won't be paying for the game either. I already canceled my preorder. But I'm still in the open beta and still using the hardware mouse. Who knows, maybe come next week everything will turn around and function wonderfully.


From your mouth (hands?) to Tanaka's ears
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#26 Sep 07 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
If they can't make the game playable, I won't play the game.
Well, I won't be paying for the game either. I already canceled my preorder. But I'm still in the open beta and still using the hardware mouse. Who knows, maybe come next week everything will turn around and function wonderfully.
From your mouth (hands?) to Tanaka's ears
Not holding my breath on that. >_>
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#27 Sep 07 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,443 posts
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
If they can't make the game playable, I won't play the game.
Well, I won't be paying for the game either. I already canceled my preorder. But I'm still in the open beta and still using the hardware mouse. Who knows, maybe come next week everything will turn around and function wonderfully.
From your mouth (hands?) to Tanaka's ears
Not holding my breath on that. >_>


That's wise, I've still got one tiny remaining shred of hope that come Sept 22 (day after my birthday) the planets will align and SE will deliver this amazing product that shatters all my doubts and complaints and ushers in a new age of MMO enlightenment.

If you're going to have delusions you may as well go for the really satisfying ones.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#28 Sep 07 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
I'm really hoping FFXIV is another failure of Vanguard proportions.

Square Enix is seriously in need of a good slap in the face. They will never change unless something like this happens.

They are like Intel used to be before AMD CPUs started surpassing the P4 and they were forced to finally get rid of the crappy Netburst architecture and create Core 2.

Nvidia was also like this after the Geforce 4 line and started putting out sh*tty products until AMD started kicking their asses and they were forced to improve.


"We can put anything out and people will suck it down because we're are Square Enix, the greatest game company in the industry. We are always right. People have no right to complain because it is a privilege to use our products"




Square Enix has to be shown that this is not the case. It will be painful for them in the short term but in the long run it will be better for the company if FFXIV is a massive money wasting failure that causes them to reassess what they've been doing.



Edited, Sep 7th 2010 10:26pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#29 Sep 07 2010 at 7:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,500 posts
O.P. The hardware mouse is wonderful, I'm glad Cliff is keeping it working.

Soezu wrote:
But yeah keep thread stalking me and crying about how you cant do solo quests from level 1-50 in a week. Seriously lol, as if you carrying the arguement to other threads now. Get real. I dont believe you're married. If you are you must be a woman.
At this point I don't care if you are right or wrong, this is simply the most stupid opinion I have heard in a long time.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#30 Sep 07 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
Lobivopis wrote:
I'm really hoping FFXIV is another failure of Vanguard proportions.

Square Enix is seriously in need of a good slap in the face. They will never change unless something like this happens.

They are like Intel used to be before AMD CPUs started surpassing the P4 and they were forced to finally get rid of the crappy Netburst architecture and create Core 2.

Nvidia was also like this after the Geforce 4 line and started putting out sh*tty products until AMD started kicking their asses and they were forced to improve.


"We can put anything out and people will suck it down because we're are Square Enix, the greatest game company in the industry. We are always right. People have no right to complain because it is a privilege to use our products"




Square Enix has to be shown that this is not the case. It will be painful for them in the short term but in the long run it will be better for the company if FFXIV is a massive money wasting failure that causes them to reassess what they've been doing.



I seriously doubt Square-Enix thinks like this. The market for videogames is very active and they're not close to the biggest MMO creator. That of course goes to lizzard. There's plenty of other options that are more successful than them right now too. Guildwars is a big one and the new Starwars game is going to be an ample challenger too.

SE has no sort of corner on offline videogames too, and haven't for a while, not even in the RPG market. Oblivion, Dragon Age, even the Mass Effect games. All of them highly successful, and have been for a while now.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)