Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Frondale's Phrontistery (Where are you?)Follow

#1 Sep 07 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
150 people around me and not one person answers a **** question...can you guys help me out please, where is this place? is it inside Ul'Dah? outside? I can't see it on the map (although it tells me to open map)...i know Ul'Dah fairly well so a general location would help. Thanks.

EDIT: this is the place I need to go to continue my quest line after we go to Black Brush and view the cutscene with the mage and the little girl and what not..

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 4:02pm by SolidMack
____________________________
MUTED
#2 Sep 07 2010 at 2:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
418 posts
I'm pretty much in the same boat man, I don't know what's up with the social view of players in-game but it's hard as **** to find anyone willing to respond to you/me.

Try (6-5) in Ul'Dah.

btw, I hate their generic co-ordinate system. 6-5 covers a lot of ground and it's not very specific. Wish they'd make the map boxes smaller. -.-
____________________________
FFXIV (Wutai - Archer): Andarou Shun

FFXI (Carbuncle/Bahamut) + Various MMOs: Jiruu

www.jiveturkeyco.info --- z7.invisionfree.com/FFXI_Prophecy --- www.myspace.com/x_dazed
#3 Sep 07 2010 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
***
1,949 posts
Upstairs in Ul'Dah, it's the alchemist's guild.
____________________________
FFXIV: Cloe Delisle Scholar, officer of the SWAGGER Free company, Sargatanas server.
#4 Sep 07 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Thanks guys i really appreciate it...

@Jiruu i hope with time people will start depending on one another more, I want what FFXI was like community wise, I think its there but I think people just don't care enough yet. Crossing my fingers things change.
____________________________
MUTED
#5 Sep 07 2010 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
It's really strange. When someone asks/shouts a question I can answer I answer...but I'm usually the only one. In XI you used get at least I don't knows or look it up on the wiki or a smart a$$ remark. XIV, nothing so far.
#6 Sep 07 2010 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
It's really strange. When someone asks/shouts a question I can answer I answer...but I'm usually the only one. In XI you used get at least I don't knows or look it up on the wiki or a smart a$$ remark. XIV, nothing so far.


I've ignored it at times, but that got to me yesterday as well. On the plus side, there were no smartass or mean remarks, but it was a room full of crafters in the weavers guild and 1 person asks a simple question about repairs that no one else would answer. So I finally did and me & that person had a lil back n forth, but the rest of the room kept crafting away like robots...it was creepy.

On a positive note though, I made my first 2 repairs through someone's bazaar yesterday! That was pretty cool...made 3.5k gil repairing some level1 stuff...

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 4:24pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#7 Sep 07 2010 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
246 posts
I am just guessing here, but I think that part of it has to do with the gamepad controls being so much more user friendly than keyboard/mouse for this game that many people aren't near their keyboard.

Also from my own personal experience, I haven't even fooled around with the chat box yet. It can't be accessed with my gamepad so I haven't even bothered yet. I don't know if you can set /linkshell as a default or if the same /say, /tell, /linkshell, /party (or the abbreviations of those) all work yet or not. It just isn't something I've gotten around to yet.

My main problem is that I hate the position and size of it. I know that it can be enlarged and have done that, but I just hate that it is at the bottom left corner like that. I liked the positioning of it in XI better. Having to edit the chat filters is an absolute must too, text flies by way too fast for that little chat box.
#8 Sep 07 2010 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
On a positive note though, I made my first 2 repairs through someone's bazaar yesterday! That was pretty cool...made 3.5k gil repairing some level1 stuff...


I haven't tried that yet. I've fixed my own gear but now I'm going to go looking for someone that needs repairs.

Quote:
I am just guessing here, but I think that part of it has to do with the gamepad controls being so much more user friendly than keyboard/mouse for this game that many people aren't near their keyboard.

Also from my own personal experience, I haven't even fooled around with the chat box yet. It can't be accessed with my gamepad so I haven't even bothered yet. I don't know if you can set /linkshell as a default or if the same /say, /tell, /linkshell, /party (or the abbreviations of those) all work yet or not. It just isn't something I've gotten around to yet.

My main problem is that I hate the position and size of it. I know that it can be enlarged and have done that, but I just hate that it is at the bottom left corner like that. I liked the positioning of it in XI better. Having to edit the chat filters is an absolute must too, text flies by way too fast for that little chat box.


I use a gamepad too. The problem I was having for a bit was I haven't played XI in so long that I forgot the chat commands and had to look them up Smiley: tongue Speaking of which how do you resize the chat window?
#9 Sep 07 2010 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Speaking of which how do you resize the chat window?


Use the mouse for that, when you put the cursor on the corner of the box you can resize it and move it anyway you like...some with some of the other UI stuff...Be careful if switching resolution though...some people have lost their UI that way = P

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 5:18pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#10 Sep 07 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
246 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Quote:
On a positive note though, I made my first 2 repairs through someone's bazaar yesterday! That was pretty cool...made 3.5k gil repairing some level1 stuff...


I haven't tried that yet. I've fixed my own gear but now I'm going to go looking for someone that needs repairs.

Quote:
I am just guessing here, but I think that part of it has to do with the gamepad controls being so much more user friendly than keyboard/mouse for this game that many people aren't near their keyboard.

Also from my own personal experience, I haven't even fooled around with the chat box yet. It can't be accessed with my gamepad so I haven't even bothered yet. I don't know if you can set /linkshell as a default or if the same /say, /tell, /linkshell, /party (or the abbreviations of those) all work yet or not. It just isn't something I've gotten around to yet.

My main problem is that I hate the position and size of it. I know that it can be enlarged and have done that, but I just hate that it is at the bottom left corner like that. I liked the positioning of it in XI better. Having to edit the chat filters is an absolute must too, text flies by way too fast for that little chat box.


I use a gamepad too. The problem I was having for a bit was I haven't played XI in so long that I forgot the chat commands and had to look them up Smiley: tongue Speaking of which how do you resize the chat window?


Just grab the chat window with your mouse and resize it that way. You cannot do it with the gamepad unfortunately. Have you figured out how to get into your chat window with the gamepad at all to scroll up/down to review text? You can with the mouse.
#11 Sep 07 2010 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
LordMethos wrote:
Just grab the chat window with your mouse and resize it that way. You cannot do it with the gamepad unfortunately. Have you figured out how to get into your chat window with the gamepad at all to scroll up/down to review text? You can with the mouse.


Wish I could figure that out or it gets added, in XI I had that button that would tab through all the menus including the chat log and up to my buffs at the top of the screen...which was sweet. We need somethin' like that again

It actually works the way I want it to for the emote menu & other menus, hitting the button that draws/puts away your weapon actually tabs through those menu tabs...but of course in regular gameplay, it just draws/puts away your weapon...I want it to tab to my chat log & buffs area

Edited, Sep 7th 2010 5:37pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#12 Sep 07 2010 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Ah cool. Thanks Smiley: grin

Quote:
Just grab the chat window with your mouse and resize it that way. You cannot do it with the gamepad unfortunately. Have you figured out how to get into your chat window with the gamepad at all to scroll up/down to review text? You can with the mouse.


Unfortunately no idea. I had to use the mouse the other day to find someone's name after they had thrown me a few cures.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)