+14 to the OP, really no good reason NOT to include such a basic quality-of-life fix.
Should really compile a list of all of the extremely basic things SE has not included in FFXIV.
Let's see here...
- Ability to change the order that inventory items, abilities, spells, etc. are listed in*
- Hardware Mouse (no, third-party fixes do not count)
- Ability to set screen resolution and other graphics options without exiting out of the game
- Ability to setup controller without exiting out of the game
- Ability to use the arrow keys for rotating the camera*
- Ability to alt-tab out of the game in fullscreen mode
- Ability to bring up menus with keyboard shortcuts (ex. CTRL-I for Inventory, CTRL-J for Journal, CTRL-A for Actions, etc.)*
- Ability to invite people who aren't in your direct line of sight*
- Ability to browse bazaars while moving*
- Ability to directly exit out of the game without having to go through Logout/Exit from character screen*
- Some way of saving your set spells/attacks/etc. when you change jobs so you don't have to manually redo them every time
(*: was in FFXI)
And there's more, feel free to add to this of course :) Edited, Sep 8th 2010 5:15pm by RajiFarlander
FFXIV: Raji Skybrand (Leviathan)
Give a man a fish, he'll be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll scream "F*** off noob, I know what I'm doing!" and continue to do it wrong.