I was hoping we could compile our questions since the initial release only is two weeks away and much remains a mystery. I know our friendly neighborhood admins may not be attending TGS, but if our questions are at least composed and out there in the aether we might just see some of them satisfied (or maybe someone might send a few to SE in hopes of them focusing on some of our desired topics during TGS ^^). I've got the journalism bug and I'd hate to see this opportunity wasted, since many interviews in the past few months have always asked the same general questions. I know general questions need to be asked so there are quotes for those who aren't die hard or in beta, but we shouldn't be neglected either.
If you have a question, post it and I'll add it to this OP, or feel free to second anything about which you're anxious to know. What I've listed below are things, I feel, SE should at least touch upon before release. Let's face it, we're the ones buying the game Sept. 22, not the casual crowd that will roll in come March.
And, in an attempt to get the attention of the powers that be, here's a Hello Kitty Bento! (PS, someone needs to light up the Elmer Signal. I've seen it before.)
- How do we get them?
- How much of a roll will they play in learning abilities and traits later in the game?
- Will we see a search function or some other aid in finding specific items in the mass of bazaars?
- Why do they have a level in the retainer list?
- Will there be retainer-related quests and storylines similar to an Adventuring Fellow in XI?
- Will we still be able to equip any piece of equipment on any class regardless of optimal ranks and favors?
- Will we see many more recipes for armor varieties come retail release?
- How much higher-end gear will come from crafting compared to events/enemies/quests.
- Will we be able to experience all main city storylines via one character?
- How much of the main city-state quests will we be able to complete solo?
- Will there be quests given by random NPCs?
- Can we expect any large scale battles?
- DoH classes seem to rely heavily on skills obtained via guild marks. How will these skills affect the success rate of craft attempts?
- Given that final products require many parts of the completed item, and each of those parts can be a different color and quality, will these differences show on the final product?
- Some recipes inform a player they are not proficient enough in another class. How much weight is put on these sub-class aspects on the success rate?
- What are they and what do they do?
- What benefits do they provide that couldn't be achieved from a group of players simply using one player's retainer?
- Where does it go?
1) Character creation has improved greatly from FFXI but is still lacking comparing to other MMORPG's, will we see more options at launch? (specially hair styles), moreover are you planning to add a way to modify the appearance of your character after being created (add/remove tatoos, hair styles/color)
2) Currently the repair system is taxing and presents many obvious flaws (un-unequipable equipment, equipment that it's required to repair itself, equipment decay fast to the point to be unmanageable) what are the improvements to this system planned for the release?
1) Will we see any other kind of quests/leveling content besides grinding and guildleves at release and if not, will the ridiculous cooldown on guildleves be either removed or at least lowered dramatically?
2) Will there be any kind of drops besides materials from mobs?
3) Will there be rare/unique mobs that drop special rare items?
4) Will the UI be server side or client side and, if server side, will there be localized servers to cut down on UI lag?
1) I need to know if they are going to allow us to remap the camera controls to the arrow keys, like in FFXI. I have a workaround, but it is annoying, because I have to turn it back on every time I use my menu.
2) Also, I would like further explanation on whether or not "bonus exp" is actually a bonus, or just a friendly way of reminding us of how much exp we are "throwing away"
1) Will there be a mail system at launch?
Edited, Sep 8th 2010 10:34pm by Sephrick