i got the beta download. just created my character. i picked gold smithing....but i can't really play, because of my processor, it's only an AMD 4200x2 and makes things slow.
so i want to know:
-Does race effect attributes like in FFXI? i want to be the elvaan type but i don't want to be unbalanced...
-I picked the goldsmithing job, what do I exactly do in combat?
-is there a mog house?
-what did/do you exactly do in the beginning levels when starting this game?
is there a basic faq around for newbies?
1) Prior to open beta it did not. However now there are different stats for each race and clan, which are displayed during character creation. After leveling your character enough these initial values can be negligible do to allotting points to your choosing.
2) Nothing, yet. You have a basic "Throw Rock" command and early on get a "Wrist Flick" ability which has a chance to stun your target.
3) No, everyone gets a retainer which can store items for you.
4) No, only retainers in Market Wards. The locations of these wards are different for each city.
5) When you start the game, you will see the opening cinematics, go through a battle tutorial and learn about what is happening in your city of choice. After that, it is up to you. You can craft, you can complete the first portion of the storyline or obtain the arm or tool of another class. It's an MMO and what you do is up to you.
Check my sig for my basics guide. I'm still working on it, but it should help you out some.