Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

BETA QuestionsFollow

#1 Sep 09 2010 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
So i finally arrived to update all updates, and i was able to log in into the game yesterday for the first time

My first impression was awsome....the graphic is far better then in FFXI. I ran around for a bit, tried some things out, and there are some things that bothers me

First problem is the battle system

I've created a botanist (level 2 so far) , and so far i only can throw a little Rock at enemies, which gives them 1 HP damage, so i already died during my first solo fight. I dont know, do i have to draw my weapon, or do i havent a weapon yet.

In the citie, i talked to someone, who told me, if i wanna hire somebody to do something for me, and that i can call him to help...but i have really no idea how and when

Is it right, that there is no more heal, where you can kneel down, and get your HP back?

Can i wear more then one NPC Linkpearl?

Is there somewhere on the net a user manual for beta players who explains things from the game.
#2 Sep 10 2010 at 12:03 AM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
mmolma wrote:
I've created a botanist (level 2 so far) , and so far i only can throw a little Rock at enemies, which gives them 1 HP damage, so i already died during my first solo fight. I dont know, do i have to draw my weapon, or do i havent a weapon yet.


Essentially, Stone Throw is it thus far. You also get an ability called Wrist Flick which has a chance to stun. Disciple of the Land and Disciple of the Hand weren't designed to kill enemies, but they were given Stone Throw anyway for self-defense.

You should instead focus on using local guildleves to level up. There are several for each crafting class and the only cost to you is buying the proper tools to equip.

mmolma wrote:
In the citie, i talked to someone, who told me, if i wanna hire somebody to do something for me, and that i can call him to help...but i have really no idea how and when


Go back to your respective city's Adventurer's Guild and speak with you initial quest giver. Choose the "Small Talk" option then "About Retainers" they'll tell you with whom to speak next. After that, the NPC to which they directed you will fill you in on Retainers.

mmolma wrote:
Is it right, that there is no more heal, where you can kneel down, and get your HP back?


XIV instead features Active and Passive Modes. If you are not regaining HP then you may be in active mode. Toggle this option to return to passive mode where you will move faster and regain HP. MP only can be regained via Aetheryte or Class abilities.

mmolma wrote:
Can i wear more then one NPC Linkpearl?


Presumably, yes. But I believe there is only one available for each city, which you get only through the main story line. You also can have up to eight player-created linkshells.


mmolma wrote:
Is there somewhere on the net a user manual for beta players who explains things from the game.


Check my sig.



Edited, Sep 10th 2010 2:07am by Sephrick
#3 Sep 10 2010 at 12:47 AM Rating: Default
*
120 posts
So basicly, a botanist is not there to fight enemys, but only to do hist botanic things...

And Retainer dont help you fight, but just can store items....

But how can i switch from activ to passive mode?
#4 Sep 10 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
mmolma wrote:
So basicly, a botanist is not there to fight enemys, but only to do hist botanic things...

And Retainer dont help you fight, but just can store items....

But how can i switch from activ to passive mode?


That's correct. As a botanist, you're main task is the collection of raw materials. SE has stated they're working on ways for DoL and DoH to be involved in group activity. But for now, they're mostly non-combat.

Retainers at this point do not fight, or even leave town. Again, it's all explained by the retainer NPC.

For controls, go to my Basics guide. The first section has pictures which show the mapping for various control methods.
#5 Sep 10 2010 at 4:46 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I have a question as well. I made an archer as my "main"? class, and when I try to be a conjurer do I have no way to regen mana other than going back to a node? I've looked around but I couldn't figure it out, thanks in advance!
#6 Sep 10 2010 at 6:35 AM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
You have an ability called Tranquility which will give you a decent chunk once every ten minutes. At Rank 10 Conjurer also gets a Weapon Skill which recovers some MP.
#7 Sep 10 2010 at 12:15 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
I have the game on pre-order and i was just wondering if there is a stat difference between races like in ffxi?
#8 Sep 10 2010 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
Sephrick wrote:
You have an ability called Tranquility which will give you a decent chunk once every ten minutes. At Rank 10 Conjurer also gets a Weapon Skill which recovers some MP.


FYI you have to do the first part of the first storyline mission to get tranquility
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#9 Sep 10 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Also, I think the /sit emote is confirmed to improve the rate at which you gain back HP.
#10 Sep 10 2010 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Zuzudragon wrote:
I have the game on pre-order and i was just wondering if there is a stat difference between races like in ffxi?


There are different beginning stats for each race and clan. Thanks to the ability to choose how your points are distributed as you level, though, these differences soon become neglegible as your character starts to become your own.
#11 Sep 10 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Sephrick wrote:
mmolma wrote:
Is there somewhere on the net a user manual for beta players who explains things from the game.


Check my sig.

There's also an in-game manual. Go to any Aetheryte and read The Call of Adventure.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)