Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

"You cannot claim target because party leader is in another Follow

#1 Sep 12 2010 at 4:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
"You cannot claim target because party leader is in another area"

Really??? This is probably the worst mechanic / glitch I've seen..

I was duoing and my friend ran to town for leves. I'm fighting a dodo and could not claim it. What this meant:

Dodo had regen
I had EXTREMELY fast tp loss. I could not use any abilities on Pug.
I got 0 skill ups.
It also seems like I wasnt doing any dmg, or much. The second the leader came back I killed it in a few seconds.


Why is this in the programming of the game? It's not like I couldn't fight it, so I was gettign pounded on but could do nothing.


____________________________


#2 Sep 12 2010 at 4:58 AM Rating: Good
**
845 posts
Its not a very good mechanic.
____________________________

#3 Sep 12 2010 at 5:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
130 posts
Louiscool wrote:
"You cannot claim target because party leader is in another area"


I got this message when I was not in a party at all. Needed to log out and back in to get rid of that message and get skill ups again :s
#4 Sep 12 2010 at 6:43 AM Rating: Excellent
**
863 posts
What you explained is of course worse, but it is the same unnecessary weird thing as the mechanic of not being able to invite people to your party unless they are in the same area or w/e.

They had it in FFXI and I was so looking forward to (I say look forward to, because never in my wildest dream did I think this was something they were going to implement in a new game) get away from this in XIV. Now I dunno if they changed it later in beta, but in early phases it seems to have made its way into this game too and I just can't understand why they used outdated and stupid mechanics like these.
#5 Sep 12 2010 at 6:52 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Belcrono wrote:
What you explained is of course worse, but it is the same unnecessary weird thing as the mechanic of not being able to invite people to your party unless they are in the same area or w/e.

They had it in FFXI and I was so looking forward to (I say look forward to, because never in my wildest dream did I think this was something they were going to implement in a new game) get away from this in XIV. Now I dunno if they changed it later in beta, but in early phases it seems to have made its way into this game too and I just can't understand why they used outdated and stupid mechanics like these.


What?

The only time this happens is if the person with hate leaves/disbands the party which will keep claim on them and force you to disengage, these are two different types of mechanics, and it's also a bug in XIV atm, especially solo because if you're solo how can you have a party leader?

____________________________

#6 Sep 12 2010 at 6:54 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
Belcrono wrote:
What you explained is of course worse, but it is the same unnecessary weird thing as the mechanic of not being able to invite people to your party unless they are in the same area or w/e.

They had it in FFXI and I was so looking forward to (I say look forward to, because never in my wildest dream did I think this was something they were going to implement in a new game) get away from this in XIV. Now I dunno if they changed it later in beta, but in early phases it seems to have made its way into this game too and I just can't understand why they used outdated and stupid mechanics like these.


What?

The only time this happens is if the person with hate leaves/disbands the party which will keep claim on them and force you to disengage, these are two different types of mechanics, and it's also a bug in XIV atm, especially solo because if you're solo how can you have a party leader?



You need to learn how to read. Go back again, read what Belcrono actually *wrote* and not what you *think* was written.
#7 Sep 12 2010 at 7:02 AM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
I just gave an example of another stupid mechanic SE has used (In FFXI), and I had heard it was present in XIV too, if it isn't and I am just misinformed that is great news.

If the thing that happened to Louiscool is a bug that is also great news, but since I am not in beta I wouldn't know, and since he talked about it as a mechanic/glitch I went with mechanic, because quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised, that's all.
#8 Sep 12 2010 at 7:03 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
What exactly are you talking about, I never encountered anything like that in xi.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#9 Sep 12 2010 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,709 posts
Belcrono wrote:
I just gave an example of another stupid mechanic SE has used (In FFXI), and I had heard it was present in XIV too, if it isn't and I am just misinformed that is great news.

If the thing that happened to Louiscool is a bug that is also great news, but since I am not in beta I wouldn't know, and since he talked about it as a mechanic/glitch I went with mechanic, because quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised, that's all.


Yeah for some it pops up while solo which leads it to be believed that it's in general buggy/unrefined. The only thing that carried over from XI is you need to be within the same region to be invited, but the topic at hand wasn't present in XI unless a party member with hate disbanded which will lock claim onto them but you'll still have previous hate and can do nothing about it, leves are a weird case because they're pseudo instanced which means if the leader started it ended up vanishing and you were just tagging along you can't attack what's instance to them without them being there and since it pops up while solo for some (happened to a few people in my LS) it's really just glitchy, especially since I don't think they accounted that people would start leves then just hop back to town without finishing it unless people were trying to get around the cooldown timer.
____________________________

#10 Sep 12 2010 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
Argh, my english seems to be failing me today heh. Sorry about that.

What I meant was, just like you said Mistress Theonehio, that a mechanic that was carried over from XI was the system where you can't invite people to your party if they are outside of the region you are in. This is something I mentioned as a bad mechanic that I don't understand why they would keep for XIV as well.

The glitch Louiscool talked about was something I thought was a mechanic (though not something present in XI) and therefore I said that I don't understand why they have mechanics like these two examples at all.

What you said Mistress Theonehio explains it really well, but I hope I at least made it a bit clearer as to what I meant in my previous posts. Sorry for the confusion.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)