Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
This Forum is Read Only

Felt the need to express my disappointment…Follow

#1 Sep 12 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
My wife and I canceled our pre-orders today. We’re still interested in the game, but our $150 will be better spent on, well, ANYTHING else for October. I’ll be watching zam closely to see how the game develops. It’s not ready for prime time yet, and I’m not going to spend my time messing around while SE finishes/refines the game. The AH problems and the horrible bugs I can’t deal with. I like playing full screen, but every time I tab out of the game to check a recipe online, the game crashed on me. The lag is unbearable, and I’m not convinced it’s debug code any more. The other gripes I have have also all been mentioned here, stat problems, surplus, repair mechanics, and the overall lack of ingenuity in the UI all make the game well…not fun to play. I know it will get ironed out, but I would rather play after it’s better, and not now because my time is at a premium and the level of frustration we had playing the beta really turned us off to the experience.

Hope to see you all around again soon – happy gaming!
____________________________
The Singularity is near.


When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].
#2 Sep 12 2010 at 4:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
****, we lost another one!

No disrespect and I don't mind nor care that you AND your wife cancelled your pre-orders and I agree that the game isn't anywhere near finished and ready for prime time but what is the point of this topic? you have your wife's arms to fall back on, no one here is gonna help you grief.
____________________________
MUTED
#3 Sep 12 2010 at 4:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,087 posts
SolidMack wrote:
but what is the point of this topic?


jcavaliere wrote:
Felt the need to express my disappointment…


Does anyone ever have another reason for posting in the forums?
#4 Sep 12 2010 at 4:21 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
I still don't get what all the complaints are over.. what is wrong with the UI? Is it just people coming from WoW who can't be bothered to learn something different? I think the UI is fine /shrug. I get some lag, but I think thats graphics lag nothing else.

I agree with the SolidMack me.

EDIT: Someone posted before me.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:22pm by Rukkstar
#5 Sep 12 2010 at 4:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
SolidMack wrote:
sh*t, we lost another one!

No disrespect and I don't mind nor care that you AND your wife cancelled your pre-orders and I agree that the game isn't anywhere near finished and ready for prime time but what is the point of this topic? you have your wife's arms to fall back on, no one here is gonna help you grief.


the same could be said about your reply, and my reply... ad nauseam.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#6 Sep 12 2010 at 4:23 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
snieh wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
but what is the point of this topic?


jcavaliere wrote:
Felt the need to express my disappointment…


Does anyone ever have another reason for posting in the forums?


Yea i wish he'd express them to his wife or maybe his therapist.
____________________________
MUTED
#7 Sep 12 2010 at 4:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
Rukkstar wrote:
I still don't get what all the complaints are over.. what is wrong with the UI? Is it just people coming from WoW who can't be bothered to learn something different? I think the UI is fine /shrug. I get some lag, but I think thats graphics lag nothing else.

I agree with the SolidMack me.

EDIT: Someone posted before me.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:22pm by Rukkstar


If you compare it to ANY mmorpg that has been developed in the past 10 years, you can see where SE failed.

Playing a console-esque game on my $2,000 PC is just not my cup of tea. Love FF, love the franchise, ****, even loved FFXI -- but for SE to ***** this up AGAIN just makes me sad in the pants.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#8 Sep 12 2010 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
**
423 posts
Quote:
I still don't get what all the complaints are over.. what is wrong with the UI?


It's horrible, slow, unorganized, and not very well designed. Shall we go on? Every other similar game that has come out does it way better. I think if they made it client side it might be a step in the right direction.

I was going to pre-order but i will wait to see how things go, plus wait for pc sales on boxing day or something so it doesn't burn me quite as much. I had to decide between laser eye and a new computer, let's just say my computer won't last my life so that's money i'm not willing to spend right now lol
#9 Sep 12 2010 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
175 posts
If I cancel my pre-order it will be on the 21st... when I am 100% sure the games problems are not near being fixed... Heck, I even think you can cancel it after it is released... Wait and hear some feedback after the 1st official release day, then ya still got 7+ early days to play...

____________________________

Skills & Levels: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1355392
Bazaar: ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?fl&mn=Shounin&srv=17
100 local levequests completed!
100 regional levequests completed!
2000 enemies defeated!
#10 Sep 12 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
521 posts
SolidMack wrote:
but what is the point of this topic?


The point of the topic is to let SE know why they're losing another 2 customers. I don't understand why people on forums like this insist on berating people for bothering to post their thoughts.

We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:32pm by Enyyx
#11 Sep 12 2010 at 4:33 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
measureups wrote:
makes me sad in the pants.


you mean they're causing you erectile dysfunctions? I would consult a doctor if i were you and for the love of all things mighty stay away from SE video games if you ever want to have children.

Quote:
The point of the topic is to let SE know why they're losing another 2 customers. I don't understand why people on forums like this insist on berating people for bothering to post their thoughts.

We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.


I understand but if you're boycotting a company you better make sure you have a following the size of the catholic church and frankly I don't see one more thread making a difference in this case. I think SE SHOULD listen, I am completely with you there, but trust me if the game sales drop anything drastic or subscribers dwindle month after month then SE will start listening - but since right now SE isn't listening or showing us they're listening, another topic is another topic wasted.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:37pm by SolidMack
____________________________
MUTED
#12 Sep 12 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
measureups wrote:
Rukkstar wrote:
I still don't get what all the complaints are over.. what is wrong with the UI? Is it just people coming from WoW who can't be bothered to learn something different? I think the UI is fine /shrug. I get some lag, but I think thats graphics lag nothing else.

I agree with the SolidMack me.

EDIT: Someone posted before me.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:22pm by Rukkstar


If you compare it to ANY mmorpg that has been developed in the past 10 years, you can see where SE failed.

Playing a console-esque game on my $2,000 PC is just not my cup of tea. Love FF, love the franchise, ****, even loved FFXI -- but for SE to ***** this up AGAIN just makes me sad in the pants.


You say failed, but i don't see that yet. I do know, that all those MMO's in the last 10 years that you are referring to haven't done so well. Your statement may be backwards. Time will tell for sure. I'll be surprised if i have to fight bots for mobs in FF XIV.
____________________________

#13 Sep 12 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
38 posts
Don't forget to go post on all the other community websites for games you are not going to buy.
#14 Sep 12 2010 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
SolidMack wrote:


you mean they're causing you erectile dysfunctions? I would consult a doctor if i were you and for the love of all things mighty stay away from SE video games if you ever want to have children.


no, i'm saying that playing the beta caused me to lose my hard-on i had for this game.

a proper analogy would be like having a grandparent walk in while you were having ***. i'm sure someone else could come up with a better one though.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#15 Sep 12 2010 at 4:40 PM Rating: Good
*
51 posts
"some" lag in UI???
i don't remember how many times i died in the battle due to the lag of commands.
it takes up to 10~15 sec to wait between synthesis.
it takes 3~5 sec to load inventory/equipment/buy sell menu/wait time for loading the next items, etc.

That's very bad UI lag...

unless you only play DoL, then the lag won't affect you much.
#16 Sep 12 2010 at 4:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Quote:
I do know, that all those MMO's in the last 10 years that you are referring to haven't done so well.


This. I don't get it when the last decade has shown us nothing but clone after clone in the MMO genre and clearly nothing has taken the cake. SE obviously did the right thing by steering clear of that path because its clearly not working. Now they may have included (or excluded) certain things that you don't view as a step forward (or maybe you view them as a step back) but for all we know, the entire game as a whole could revolutionize the MMO genre which to me has been stale ever since WoW was such a success.
____________________________
MUTED
#17 Sep 12 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
Enyyx wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
but what is the point of this topic?


The point of the topic is to let SE know why they're losing another 2 customers. I don't understand why people on forums like this insist on berating people for bothering to post their thoughts.

We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:32pm by Enyyx


they berate them because most people that state their opinions about the game are most likely comparing FFXIV to ANY other mmo instead of thinking outside the box and even giving it a fair shot, basing it on a beta, and talk about the same things that are posted ...at least... 3 times a day (thats being conservative)

personally, i dont mind the UI, took a bit to get adjusted, but im working with it fine, the only problem i have is that cant "organize" my items, but other than that... its something new.. gotta learn it, oh well, grow up, learn some new tricks, no point in whining about it lol.

and i dont think SE will be hurting for customers either on release or in the future. most of the upcoming MMOs coming out (Star wars, DC Universe only ones coming to mind) are trying to go for console AND pc gamers to spread out their market and playability, so if the OP spent 2k on a system to play a game, too bad for him, i spent like $700 and it runs beautifully, but i had more in mind than just one game.

all i can really say about people that don't wanna play...

"So long and don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya"
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#18 Sep 12 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,564 posts
Quote:
We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.


In all honesty we tell SE and they don't listen anyway or if they do they're incredibly slow to show any action (and usually wind up doing something that only vaguely resembles what we asked for). They're kind of like the bratty kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and goes "lalalalala I can't hear you!" whenever you suggest something they don't like, except they do it after taking your money.

I seriously hope that they prove me wrong with FFXIV and can show me that they left their ancient backwards FFXI ways behind them. So far it seems like they still have that monkey on their back, but it's a brand new game that hasn't been released yet (though it's so close to release it might as well be at this point) so I'll cut them a tiny bit of slack.
____________________________
FFXI (Retired)
Naiya | Mithra | Windurst | Rank 10 | 1st Lieutenant | Ragnarok
WAR: 75 MNK: 75 SAM: 66
RotZ: O | CoP: O | ToAU: O | Apoch Nigh: O

WoW
Naiyah | B.Elf | 85 Rogue | Stormscale
Doubleday | B.Elf | 85 Paladin | Stormscale


#19 Sep 12 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
*
106 posts
Quote:
The point of the topic is to let SE know why they're losing another 2 customers. I don't understand why people on forums like this insist on berating people for bothering to post their thoughts.

We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.


Technically SE isn't losing on 2 customers. The OP stated he was still interested, just not going to buy it the month of release. Secondly, I don't think SE really gives a rat' **** what goes on in these forums - **** they barely even monitor their own.

Quote:
I like playing full screen, but every time I tab out of the game to check a recipe online, the game crashed on me.


This is about the only thing I agree with in your post. You can try using the new windower program that someone mentioned earlier. It is a third party program, and thus violates ToS, but I know people who have been using it for a while with no problems whatsoever /examineself.
#20 Sep 12 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
123 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
I do know, that all those MMO's in the last 10 years that you are referring to haven't done so well.


This. I don't get it when the last decade has shown us nothing but clone after clone in the MMO genre and clearly nothing has taken the cake. SE obviously did the right thing by steering clear of that path because its clearly not working. Now they may have included (or excluded) certain things that you don't view as a step forward (or maybe you view them as a step back) but for all we know, the entire game as a whole could revolutionize the MMO genre which to me has been stale ever since WoW was such a success.


there have been successes since the release of WoW. Just because a game doesn't see a return of 500 fold doesn't indicate failure. WoW was a phenomenon, and will likely never ever happen again.

success is determined by the profits derived from game sales/subscriptions reaching the point where it offsets the cost of marketing and developing the product. in terms of what games have done this, almost all of them - there have been a few that haven't and they're the ones which are being shut down.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:50pm by measureups
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#21 Sep 12 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
I love the game, I just wish it were:

-Optimized and ran like other games that look like it. Or ran at least sensibly - cutting fps in half just because im in a city makes little sense on a high end machine . Stuttering makes no sense as well. Optimize the game, please. Our eyes are straining.

-More open on how the mechanics work. Everything is a mystery, and not in the typical way. There's a lot of stuff that simply dont make sense, like how the bazaar system makes sense in an mmo (it makes sense in diablo but not a thousand+ player MMO).

-More varied re: the starting zones. As it is, the zone has a 1-30 level range with scattered mobs, but identical landscapes and formations.

-More interesting classes. Hopefully more are released soon.

-More communication from developers. XI's team moved to XIV, which is a bad thing because they never do any meaningful updates. Meanwhile, the new team that is NOW working on XI is doing a lot to improve the game and answer fan comments.
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#22 Sep 12 2010 at 4:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
Quote:
-More interesting classes. Hopefully more are released soon.


You do know when XI came out it didnt have that many classes and you can mix/match most actions as long as you have points.. right?
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#23 Sep 12 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,636 posts
Quote:


The point of the topic is to let SE know why they're losing another 2 customers. I don't understand why people on forums like this insist on berating people for bothering to post their thoughts.

We can't complain that SE doesn't listen if we're not telling them.



I never get why people post "why i quit/cancelled my subscription/purchase" threads on forums like this. You aren't telling SE anything. You're most likely ******** and looking for people who agree with you.
____________________________


#24 Sep 12 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
123 posts
DirectorCobbs wrote:


-More communication from developers. XI's team moved to XIV, which is a bad thing because they never do any meaningful updates. Meanwhile, the new team that is NOW working on XI is doing a lot to improve the game and answer fan comments.


This.

Unless it changes, I don't see myself playing this game. I can tolerate a clunky UI and some unoptimized code, but not if this dev team is as uninvolved in the community as they were with XI.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#25 Sep 12 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Decent
Myzldas wrote:
Quote:
-More interesting classes. Hopefully more are released soon.


You do know when XI came out it didnt have that many classes and you can mix/match most actions as long as you have points.. right?

Yes, I've made a thread about that ('anybody not sold on a class yet?'). I'm unbiased and understand how FFXI was on release 8 years ago, and how most MMOs and online RPGs are when released.

Quote:
I never get why people post "why i quit/cancelled my subscription/purchase" threads on forums like this. You aren't telling SE anything. You're most likely ******** and looking for people who agree with you.

It's only human. Understand and sympathize rather than criticize and insult the human condition.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:57pm by DirectorCobbs
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#26 Sep 12 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
441 posts
kk, was wondering why people would post things like that still lol
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#27 Sep 12 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
Tbh, every time I read one of these threads I get MORE excited for the game. It just means there is 1 less person that will be whining and complaining once the game is released and that is fine by me. If you don't like it, that's fine as it is your choice to play or not. I happen to love the gameplay, love the crafting system, love the DoL classes, and love the graphics/world. There are definitely issues to work out, but it's all stuff that is more of an annoyance than an actual problem (slow UI, too many menus, lack of AH). I strongly believe a lot of these issues will be fixed relatively quickly by SE, judging by the fact that in the short time Open Beta has been available I have already noticed CONSIDERABLY less UI lag and game crashes... and this isn't even the actual game client.

TL;DR: The minor issues that people have blown out of proportion have not detracted from my excitement for this game.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#28 Sep 12 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
BartelX out of curiosity do you play on Kashuan?
____________________________
MUTED
#29 Sep 12 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
BartelX wrote:
Tbh, every time I read one of these threads I get MORE excited for the game. It just means there is 1 less person that will be whining and complaining once the game is released and that is fine by me. If you don't like it, that's fine as it is your choice to play or not. I happen to love the gameplay, love the crafting system, love the DoL classes, and love the graphics/world. There are definitely issues to work out, but it's all stuff that is more of an annoyance than an actual problem (slow UI, too many menus, lack of AH). I strongly believe a lot of these issues will be fixed relatively quickly by SE, judging by the fact that in the short time Open Beta has been available I have already noticed CONSIDERABLY less UI lag and game crashes... and this isn't even the actual game client.

TL;DR: The minor issues that people have blown out of proportion have not detracted from my excitement for this game.


Cool, so youre saying that we should stop finding the annoyances (which you admit are annoyances) to be annoying. Okay.
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#30 Sep 12 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
DirectorCobbs wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Tbh, every time I read one of these threads I get MORE excited for the game. It just means there is 1 less person that will be whining and complaining once the game is released and that is fine by me. If you don't like it, that's fine as it is your choice to play or not. I happen to love the gameplay, love the crafting system, love the DoL classes, and love the graphics/world. There are definitely issues to work out, but it's all stuff that is more of an annoyance than an actual problem (slow UI, too many menus, lack of AH). I strongly believe a lot of these issues will be fixed relatively quickly by SE, judging by the fact that in the short time Open Beta has been available I have already noticed CONSIDERABLY less UI lag and game crashes... and this isn't even the actual game client.

TL;DR: The minor issues that people have blown out of proportion have not detracted from my excitement for this game.


Cool, so youre saying that we should stop finding the annoyances (which you admit are annoyances) to be annoying. Okay.


No, I think he's saying that what people are giving for reasons for quitting may be annoying, but they're probably only TEMPORARILY annoying and they'll be fixed soon, but nobody's waiting to see, they're jumping the ship too soon.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 7:12pm by Myzldas
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#31 Sep 12 2010 at 5:21 PM Rating: Decent
So if they're still here 10 days from now, then we can pass judgement? Okay, we'll wait.
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#32 Sep 12 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
**
275 posts
The only reason I question the necessity of these types of posts are because they aren't the type that are outraged over things like surplus or guildleves (which are part of the game), but the type that are disappointed over the fact that the game hasn't gotten its buff and polish (getting rid of things that are obviously errors and not the intended function of the game, such as crashing and lag). If you are the former, I can understand the need for a thread (though preferably a compiled one, and not all as individuals). However, for the latter I don't quite understand why they were ever intending to buy the game immediately upon release anyway, as bugs/lag/server issues are a common theme with most/all MMOs on their release (even WoW, which is sensationally successful). Not saying the OP and others like him aren't justified in their decision to wait, just that their probllem is something that could have been reasonably predicted from the moment pre-orders became available (or even when the game was first announced), unlike issues such as surplus or guildleve restrictions.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 7:29pm by Kaelia88
____________________________

#33 Sep 12 2010 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
*
163 posts
Hey OP guy if you really are interested in FFXIV just buying one copy of the regular game would be a more sensible option, you are still saving $100 and you can try the game for real instead of presuming it will be the same as beta on release. If you don't bother to even try the game on release I would suggest you are not really that interested in it at all and are just having a moan.
If anyone thinks they are going to force SE to change FFXIV buy not buying a copy they are mistaken, a better way would be to buy it and give them feedback, something along the lines of "xyz is terrible if you don't change it I will cancel my subscription and play one of your competitors products instead".
#34 Sep 12 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
178 posts
Rukkstar wrote:
what is wrong with the UI? Is it just people coming from WoW who can't be bothered to learn something different? I think the UI is fine /shrug. I get some lag, but I think thats graphics lag nothing else.


Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:22pm by Rukkstar


Software mouse

Menus such as Emote menu not hardware driven (enable hardware mouse and see how laggy it scrolls down the emotes

No enough hotkeys

Poor chat system, cant seperate from battle text, cant seperate linkshell chat and private chat.

Poor blacklist system, have to type out sadjashkjaH askjdhaskjdhskjdh everytime someone wants to sell gil.

Cant target particular people or mobs efficiently

Only particular abilities on the action bar will let you know if they are currently usable.

Scrolling through inventory while selling items to the NPC requires an okay from the server each time you go down by one item (page down and page up is a work around)

Need to select twice for some spells, such as provoke.

No drag and drop intergration at all

Copy and paste from the chat window is buggy

No feedback from server when sending a tell or adding blacklist if there is no such user.

Among others.

Most of this is basic UI stuff you are taught when working with computers and particularly with programming. Independent programmers, free apps, even ancient apps don't have these kind of issues, its not hard to program and all it does is make this a B grade game that is frustrating to play and gives a very poor presentation in contrast to the nice graphics which at the moment are just serving to restrict a % of the possible player base.


Edited, Sep 12th 2010 7:53pm by MaFi0s0
#35 Sep 12 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Default
26 posts
God can anyone around this place grow some balls and stop being a fairy princess. Jesus..... the game still has not completely come out and content around is not finished. The final product will be the verdict on the game itself. If your only basing it only those complaints ohh no it crashes when full screen or whaa whaa it takes 15 secs when i enter a command then you have never played an mmo in your life. Every game has flaws and from everything I have seen none of the ones mentioned are not fixable. So grow some nuts and stop whining or dont play none of the people nor square enix give a rats **** when it comes to complaints that there is a 99% chance on being fixed on release.
#36 Sep 12 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
130 posts
It is funny, when someone posts that he likes the game and will play it, no one complains but just agrees with the poster. Now when someone says he does not like it because in his opinion certain flaws in the game are game breaking and he will not have fun, a lot will flame and/or attacking his honest opinion. This is not helping at all and only results in burying the reality.

When we play games, we either post how great it is or how bad it is. Both are valuable and justified.

Even though for some of the points the OP mentioned are not game breaking for them, it apparently is for the OP, heck why he made the decision to cancel his pre order.

Kaelia88 wrote:
The only reason I question the necessity of these types of posts are because they aren't the type that are outraged over things like surplus or guildleves (which are part of the game), but the type that are disappointed over the fact that the game hasn't gotten its buff and polish (getting rid of things that are obviously errors and not the intended function of the game, such as crashing and lag).


The points you mentioned are personal preferences why you want that changed and probably can be gamebreaking. Besides, in today release of MMORPG games we can and might expect that the released game is lag and crash free. If we have these kind of lag or crash in release, I can see the saying already "We are playing a paid beta". Heck why is there an Open Beta, it is supposed to be a stress test and get the latest fixes in, it sure is not to test content, is it ?!? And till now, SE did not prove anything that the lag and crashes are gone on release, it is even worse then in the beginning of OB.

NumptyHunter wrote:
If anyone thinks they are going to force SE to change FFXIV buy not buying a copy they are mistaken, a better way would be to buy it and give them feedback, something along the lines of "xyz is terrible if you don't change it I will cancel my subscription and play one of your competitors products instead".


The OP is doing the same but better. He just waits till the game is polished instead of wasting hours and money on a game which he does not have fun in. Do not really see anything different.
#37 Sep 12 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
90 posts
I am glad that SE doesn't listen to the idiots that post here. WoW gives players exactly what they want and the game is ****, get lvl 80 in 2 weeks via Q in dungeons, appreciate 0 of the gd zones and just spam raid till you get your nice gear and repeat when a new expansion comes out. I'm glad SE doesn't listen to you idiots or else it'll just be like any other stupid mmo out there with omg pvp!!!! Yah there's issues with the game atm and yes they will probably be fixed, **** it's only beta and there's plenty of things to keep you busy. You want crafting to be like wow? where your toon is just shuffling his hands and you can go eat and all your synths are done? Honestly you entitled to your opinion but **** stop posting this garbabge, I come to these forums to learn stuff about the game and all I see is flaming. **** ppl are already complaining about endgame, really! haha its still beta! I hope most of you cancel your preorders so my d/l will go much quicker! :P
#38 Sep 12 2010 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
239 posts
Quote:
The OP is doing the same but better. He just waits till the game is polished instead of wasting hours and money on a game which he does not have fun in. Do not really see anything different


I guess I can see the logic in that, everyone has a right to dislike and then express their intentions. But here is what I don't understand.....

From what most I have read with the "complaint" threads isn't that the game is unbearable or unplayable. It isn't that the UI issue are horrid and you can't accomplish anything. To be honest I don't have a huge amount of time to invest in gaming anymore ***** family and kids :)), but I think that actually falls into the majority, maybe not the guys who post here, but the majority of players.

I haven't played the BETA, but I can tell by the posting that it still has a ways to go to be everything we have pumped it up in our minds. I am looking at it like this, yeah I know I am starting this game at the beginning and it's "unfinished" state, I know there will be bugs uncovered and growing pains. But I also believe that this will be a pretty **** good game after a short bit and then my time dedicated will be worth it. To the player you are referring to who doesn't want to "waste" his time, I just don't see it. I think we can all agree that it will be more polished in the near future and all that time will not be in vain.

Now if someone just can't play the game because of the known issues then I whole heartedly agree to cancel orders and start throwing a fit. But from what I have read most if not all the issues are things that can be improved upon in the future. And I would assume that SE is trying like mad to get the game as playable as possible before the release, and I would further assume that any "imporvements" would be coming later after they get the game up and running and start getting some real feedback on day to day operations of the game. Maybe I am giving to much credit to SE, who knows.
____________________________
Quote:
WAR has access to enough enmity gear and enough hate-inducing JA to aggro baby jesus.


Quote:
When I'm trying to decide what spell to cast I look at the mobs' weaknesses, check the day, check the weather and then calmly cast Thunder IV.
#39 Sep 12 2010 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,564 posts
Abhy wrote:
I am glad that SE doesn't listen to the idiots that post here. WoW gives players exactly what they want and the game is sh*t, get lvl 80 in 2 weeks via Q in dungeons, appreciate 0 of the gd zones and just spam raid till you get your nice gear and repeat when a new expansion comes out. I'm glad SE doesn't listen to you idiots or else it'll just be like any other stupid mmo out there with omg pvp!!!! Yah there's issues with the game atm and yes they will probably be fixed, sh*t it's only beta and there's plenty of things to keep you busy. You want crafting to be like wow? where your toon is just shuffling his hands and you can go eat and all your synths are done? Honestly you entitled to your opinion but sh*t stop posting this garbabge, I come to these forums to learn stuff about the game and all I see is flaming. sh*t ppl are already complaining about endgame, really! haha its still beta! I hope most of you cancel your preorders so my d/l will go much quicker! :P


There's listening too much, which Blizzard is guilty of on occasion (more often than I'd like sometimes) and then there's listening too little, which SE seems to be an expert at. No one's asking SE to bend over backwards and hand us everything on a platter (well... most of us aren't), but the very least they could do is communicate with the people who are giving them money.

Always demanding that a company does every little thing to your whim or you'll abandon them is a poor way to handle things, but getting on your knees and blindly taking whatever they decide to give you isn't how it should be either. There needs to be some kind of happy medium, and quite frankly SE has never shown me to be capable of that kind of compromise.
____________________________
FFXI (Retired)
Naiya | Mithra | Windurst | Rank 10 | 1st Lieutenant | Ragnarok
WAR: 75 MNK: 75 SAM: 66
RotZ: O | CoP: O | ToAU: O | Apoch Nigh: O

WoW
Naiyah | B.Elf | 85 Rogue | Stormscale
Doubleday | B.Elf | 85 Paladin | Stormscale


#40 Sep 12 2010 at 6:23 PM Rating: Excellent
The poster 2 posts above me - abhy or whatnot - needs to stop bringin up WoW constantly. This goes for other posts as well. You are flaming us for complaining about technical problems, but you reply by saying we want WoW. I've never played WoW for more than a week 4 years ago, stop derailing this thread and ranting about your own unrelated hatred for a game nobody is talking about. And stop flaming, for chrissakes. It's grounds for reporting and really unneeded. Where's your head at, saying stuff like that.

The game has technical and mechanical issues. We want them resolved. This is 100% understandable. If someone feels as if SE won't do this by the time the game comes out, then they can cancel their preorder and express their sadness.

The reason we feel like this is because of no communication from SE. This is why companies in all walks of life have people in customer service and support and, especially when it comes to dealing with investors or clients or customers regarding a new product or service, PR.

--
SE doesn't do these things with their online games, leading us to understandably FEEL that they are not on top of these things. We also feel as if our voices are not being heard, leading to a psychological need to find solace

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:24pm by DirectorCobbs
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#41 Sep 12 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
90 posts
MasterOutlaw I know where your coming from but have you seen a lot of the complaints on these forums? It's ppl complaining about the game (UI, pvp, endagme, game is too hard, jobs are crap, everything takes too long, cities are too close, there's not enough zones) The majority of the ppl posting just whine and give no constructive critism. Forums are a place where ppl can share ideas to help each other off, yah a flame and there are normal but when 60% of the topics are flame related I mean come on.
#42 Sep 12 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Default
26 posts
Here is the funny thing none of us are paying for anything at this point. We are all playing for free until the game is released. So why would SE listen to a population that a good portion of it will not be playing on release. Not due to the gameplay but due to the fact that its not F2P.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:26pm by dragoonxix
#43 Sep 12 2010 at 6:26 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
90 posts
Quote:
The poster 2 posts above me - abhy or whatnot - needs to stop bringin up WoW constantly. This goes for other posts as well. You are flaming us for complaining about technical problems, but you reply by saying we want WoW. I've never played WoW for more than a week 4 years ago, stop derailing this thread and ranting about your own unrelated hatred for a game nobody is talking about. And stop flaming, for chrissakes. It's grounds for reporting and really unneeded. Where's your head at, saying stuff like that.

The game has technical and mechanical issues. We want them resolved. This is 100% understandable. If someone feels as if SE won't do this by the time the game comes out, then they can cancel their preorder and express their sadness.

The reason we feel like this is because of no communication from SE. This is why companies in all walks of life have people in customer service and support and, especially when it comes to dealing with investors or clients or customers regarding a new product or service, PR.


I'm sorry but I get frustrated when every post is the same stupid sadness, go cry to your mother honestly why is there 10000 topics about the same subject?

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:30pm by Abhy
#44 Sep 12 2010 at 6:31 PM Rating: Good
In ten days, are we 'allowed' to discuss the game's technical and mechanical problems? Se has a shortsight on these things. They have not told us they are on top of the issues. Therefore, none of you have any reason to believe they are on top of the issues. The only things we are seeing changed is server stability. The issues we have aren't being adressed by SE themselves.

This is what we are worried about. I'm baffled you guys can accept it so well. We're asking for BASICS. like "hey, make the game work at higher than 20fps on my new high end computer, please." and "hey, my mouse is laggy. i havent experienced that since '98" and "hey guys, buying materials in this game is like buying weapons in diablo 2. but theres hundreds of bazaars. help us out?"

Quote:

I'm sorry but I get frustrated when every post is the same stupid sadness, go cry to your mother honestly why is there 10000 topics about the same subject?

Because you guys keep derailing it by calling us WoW-aholics and trying to shut the thread down, and making everything hostile for no reason. You're more angry than any of the "whiners" are, and you're making the community on this website very hostile and uninviting for people who have some problems with the game.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:32pm by DirectorCobbs
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#45 Sep 12 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
178 posts
Did you play the beta? Where there any complaints besides server lag?
#46 Sep 12 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
dragoonxix wrote:
Here is the funny thing none of us are paying for anything at this point. We are all playing for free until the game is released. So why would SE listen to a population that a good portion of it will not be playing on release. Not due to the gameplay but due to the fact that its not F2P.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:26pm by dragoonxix


Here's the thing. You're partially right, a lot of people are going to be in open beta just to play the game for free and have no intention of ever laying down any money for it. Fine, forget them.

The rest of us who are expressing disappointment at this point are the group that were preparing to lay down $50.. $75.. $100+ on launch day and beyond as well as pay almost $200 per year to play. We aren't doing that now and the reasons are clearly stated in several threads here and elsewhere.

It was never my intention to get a freebie demo of the game, I went into closed beta with the intention of providing feedback and tracking down bugs, just like I do in every other beta I'm part of. Not being allowed to do either of those things was the first slap in the face to myself and others of us who joined in beta with the intention of being beta testers. It was my original intent to purchase the collector's edition and then a week later purchase the standard edition to get both in-game items. I was working on re-establishing my FFXI account (unbelievably difficult as it turns out) to try and get that in-game item as well. I also have my FFXIII code for yet another in-game item. And I had a friend of mine doing exactly the same thing. We were all set to go in full-force, I even built a new computer specifically to play this game on and he's been pricing one out himself.

Now we're going to wait and see. We won't be getting the collector's edition, we won't be getting the standard edition, we won't be re-enabling our FFXI accounts. Maybe a year or two down the line we'll re-examine the game and see if it's worth paying full retail plus a subscription fee, but we're not going to just pony up almost $150 on a game we currently know to be unenjoyable, it'd be a poor decision on our part to reward this by buying it.

When a company won't listen to your words, you speak with your wallet.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#47 Sep 12 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,088 posts
If you feel the need to battle one another, you can take it to the Asylum:
http://www.zam.com/forum.html?forum=4

Try to keep it relatively civil otherwise, please.
____________________________
http://everquest.allakhazam.com
#48 Sep 12 2010 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
MaFi0s0 wrote:
Did you play the beta? Where there any complaints besides server lag?

Hey yeah I'm playing right now. People have problems with basic gameplay elements that they hope SE irons out.

For example, a minute ago I walked by a mob i wanted to fight. A spriggan. But i kept getting error messages. A few other players walked by and tried to fight them too, but we couldnt. Then we realized it's a levequest mob from someone else's levequest, and we can't kill them unless we activate that levequest.

This makes sense. However, these targets should be marked, or have a symbol beside their name or near their health bar upon selecting. As it is, it's messy.

But that's is a small thing. Not really a big deal, just a NORMAL beta issue.

-
Here's where people start cancelling their preorders:

The BIG issues people have are things that SE doesn't acknowledge, but hinder BASIC game-enjoyment by a large margin. These problems could be in ANY game and they would hinder the gameplay by a lot.

The game really doesn't run well mechanically or technically. It's not just 'bugs', it's moreso engine-related.
We're worried SE won't take the steps to fix their engine and coding, because they haven't mentioned even recognizing the glaring problem.

We feel left in the dark, and we aren't confident in the product. This happens in all walks of life. Talk to an investor, home owner buying a new house, movie producer, band member recording their first labelled album, and so forth.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:43pm by DirectorCobbs
____________________________
Requested self-ban from admin. Later guys, good luck
#49 Sep 12 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Default
26 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
dragoonxix wrote:
Here is the funny thing none of us are paying for anything at this point. We are all playing for free until the game is released. So why would SE listen to a population that a good portion of it will not be playing on release. Not due to the gameplay but due to the fact that its not F2P.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:26pm by dragoonxix


Here's the thing. You're partially right, a lot of people are going to be in open beta just to play the game for free and have no intention of ever laying down any money for it. Fine, forget them.

The rest of us who are expressing disappointment at this point are the group that were preparing to lay down $50.. $75.. $100+ on launch day and beyond as well as pay almost $200 per year to play. We aren't doing that now and the reasons are clearly stated in several threads here and elsewhere.

It was never my intention to get a freebie demo of the game, I went into closed beta with the intention of providing feedback and tracking down bugs, just like I do in every other beta I'm part of. Not being allowed to do either of those things was the first slap in the face to myself and others of us who joined in beta with the intention of being beta testers. It was my original intent to purchase the collector's edition and then a week later purchase the standard edition to get both in-game items. I was working on re-establishing my FFXI account (unbelievably difficult as it turns out) to try and get that in-game item as well. I also have my FFXIII code for yet another in-game item. And I had a friend of mine doing exactly the same thing. We were all set to go in full-force, I even built a new computer specifically to play this game on and he's been pricing one out himself.

Now we're going to wait and see. We won't be getting the collector's edition, we won't be getting the standard edition, we won't be re-enabling our FFXI accounts. Maybe a year or two down the line we'll re-examine the game and see if it's worth paying full retail plus a subscription fee, but we're not going to just pony up almost $150 on a game we currently know to be unenjoyable, it'd be a poor decision on our part to reward this by buying it.

When a company won't listen to your words, you speak with your wallet.


At what point are they not listening? Is it because they wont answer your questions or answer what your saying? I dont remember a person ever having to say anything to listen. Every complainant that has been posted has been about a game mechanic that they dont like. My point is that you can never judge somthing until it has been completely finished. Who is to say that the laggy mouse, the UI lag, and the AH are not either fixed or updated upon release or even added in the game disc. Its like watching a movie trailer you get really excited about it or your like blah but then the movie could be awesome or suck you do not know until its done.
#50 Sep 12 2010 at 6:43 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
130 posts
Quote:
To the player you are referring to who doesn't want to "waste" his time, I just don't see it. I think we can all agree that it will be more polished in the near future and all that time will not be in vain.


Yes I partially agree. But with so much competition on the market and the the MMORPG industry evolving a lot of gamers are picky. And in the past years we have seen lots of releases of MMORPG games where they did not give us gamers what we were promised or expected to get, this whole discussion is just a side effect of it.

But why invest time in a game when you do not have fun for the sole reason, one day in the near future the game will be polished in a certain way, the game becomes fun for you. Seems like wasted time to me. Then you better do not buy the game and wait till that day comes, like the OP said, good decision from his part. And to emphasis it, it is not my decision, just can imagine why the OP cancelled his pre order and wait for the polished version, we are not all die hard MMORPG fans :) who want to pay for an unpolished release or have the patience to ignore the annoyance.


#51 Sep 12 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
178 posts
measureups wrote:
SolidMack wrote:
Quote:
I do know, that all those MMO's in the last 10 years that you are referring to haven't done so well.


This. I don't get it when the last decade has shown us nothing but clone after clone in the MMO genre and clearly nothing has taken the cake. SE obviously did the right thing by steering clear of that path because its clearly not working. Now they may have included (or excluded) certain things that you don't view as a step forward (or maybe you view them as a step back) but for all we know, the entire game as a whole could revolutionize the MMO genre which to me has been stale ever since WoW was such a success.


there have been successes since the release of WoW. Just because a game doesn't see a return of 500 fold doesn't indicate failure. WoW was a phenomenon, and will likely never ever happen again.

success is determined by the profits derived from game sales/subscriptions reaching the point where it offsets the cost of marketing and developing the product. in terms of what games have done this, almost all of them - there have been a few that haven't and they're the ones which are being shut down.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 6:50pm by measureups


WoW was not a phenomonom at all, it was just good design, just like SC is the most popular RTS WoW is the most popular MMO, the reason it is so far infront is because all the other MMOs are B grade games, atleast SC has good rivals like Civ and used to have Westwood studios.

Blizzard are already working on their next MMO and by seeing the success of SC2 and there very low failure rate my money is on that it will monopolise the MMO market just like WoW has.

And I am just gonna leave this here:
http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/2008/04/04/11-innovation-lessons-from-creators-of-world-of-warcraft/

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:45pm by MaFi0s0
« Previous 1 2 3 4
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)